PDA

View Full Version : I wrote a poem about chocolate milk

TheMightyMcClaw
6th March 10, 01:15 AM
I really, really love chocolate milk. I polished off a half gallon of it with dinner tonight, and was left wishing I had another half gallon.
Thus, I present to you Chocolate Milk: An Ode.

Praise to thee, black nectar!
Nourisher of Flesh!
Nourisher of Spirit!
After Herculean labor,
After Samsaric tribulation;
Thou art by my side.
Restoring the blood in my veins,
Rekindling the fire of the soul.
Such richness, wine of cattle!
Such sweetness, fruit of Cocao!
Though thine luster be black as night,
Thine taste could outshine the sun.
Truly: no man, no king, no god,
None could find a drink more divine than art thou.

Steve
6th March 10, 01:58 AM
The stuff is pretty damn tasty, I have to admit. What's your favorite brand of store bought and what are your thoughts on Nestlé Quick or other such make at home products?

Ajamil
6th March 10, 03:16 AM
How are you making chocolate milk that it's so dark? I'm guessing a dark chocolate syrup, yes?

I get to have any excess from making them at work, and we get real Hershey's syrup and 1%, mix that shit up, then steam it. Mmmm - rich.

Kiko
6th March 10, 06:20 AM
A gown that color can only be improved by sludge.

Also hot cocoa+Rum FTW!

TheMightyMcClaw
6th March 10, 11:00 AM
Recently, I've been buying the half-gallons at walgreens rather than mixing my own. Though I am quite fond of Swiss Miss, even for non-hot chocolate. Throw a packet or two of that stuff into a milk shake? You're in for a treat.

Robot Jesus
6th March 10, 02:54 PM
I've heard some bad things about sore bought ready made.

but I don't entirely remember them, so enjoy.

Angry Mandrill
6th March 10, 04:54 PM
nestle quik and whole milk for me. post workout or training, you can feel the fatigue leaving your limbs with each gulp.

keeps the kids in line, too. they're whining, unhappy? glass o' chocolate milk and they're fixed right up.

jkdbuck76
31st March 10, 08:05 PM
McClaw,

Is the walgr33n's brand pretty thicK? We get ours from Kroger and have to cut it with some white milk for the 2 year old.

I was wondering if you cut yours with white milk?

Kiko
1st April 10, 07:28 AM
Ovaltine???

http://thumbnails.hulu.com/9/986/32415_512x288_generated__rtAKZ09wLkCIkbQwXHRarA.jp g

No, really!!

http://blog.sheergoodness.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2007/02/guiness_ovaltine.jpg