PDA

View Full Version : Hey Steve! You can get condoms in XS now!

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th March 10, 03:08 PM
This is a bold step, but I think it's a good one overall. Maybe it'll just lead to kids having even more sex, but I don't find that particularly worrisome.

Extra small condoms for 12 year-old boys go on sale in Switzerland
Extra small condoms for boys as young as 12 are going on sale in Switzerland.

Alexandra Williams in Geneva
Published: 8:13PM GMT 03 Mar 2010

Called the Hotshot, the condom has been produced after government research showed 12 to14-year-olds did not use sufficient protection when having sex.

The study, conducted on behalf of the Federal Commission for Children and Youth, interviewed 1,480 people aged 10 to 20.

The Hotshot condoms, which cost 7fr60 (4.70) for a packet of six, have been created by Lamprecht AG, a leading condom manufacturer in Switzerland.

The company has said the UK would be "top priority" if they expanded abroad, considering that it has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe.

Nysse Norballe, a spokesman for the company, said: "At the moment we are only producing the Hotshot in Switzerland. But the UK is certainly a very attractive market since there is a very high rate of underage conception. The UK would definitely be top priority if we marketed abroad."

A standard condom has a diameter of 2ins (5.2cm) in comparison with the Hotshot's diameter of 1.7ins (4.5cm). Both are the same length – 7.4ins (19cm).

According to a German study of 12,970 13 to 20-year-olds, a quarter said a standard condom was too large.

Family planning groups and the Swiss Aids Federation campaigned to have the Hotshot produced after a number of studies, including the government study researched at the Centre for Development and Personality Psychology at Basel University.

Nancy Bodmer, who headed the research, said: "The result that shocked us concerned young boys who display apparently risky behaviour. They have more of a tendency not to protect themselves. They do not have a very developed sexual knowledge. They do not understand the consequences of what they are doing and leave the young girls to take care of the consequences.

"The results of this study suggest that early prevention makes sense."

The age of consent in Switzerland is 16, although if the age difference is not more than three years there will be no punishment. Other concessions exist if the older person is not more than 20 or believed the younger person to be at least 16.

The Swiss initiative comes as the UK government announces an overhaul of its teenage pregnancy strategy after new figures showed conception rate among 18s were not falling fast enough.

The UK has the highest teenage pregnancy rate in Europe.

In 1999, the government pledged to halve the teenage conception rate within 10 years.

But data released last week from The Office for National Statistics shows it has clearly failed to make any significant impact.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/health/healthnews/7361181/Extra-small-condoms-for-12-year-old-boys-go-on-sale-in-Switzerland.html

Steve
5th March 10, 03:20 PM
So this means you can finally be a top, congrats!!

WarPhalange
5th March 10, 04:02 PM
12? Jeez. I don't think I hit puberty until I was like 17.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th March 10, 04:13 PM
So this means you can finally be a top, congrats!!

I know you've been wanting this for a long time.

Steve
5th March 10, 04:21 PM
And you're legal! This is like the best Friday EVER!

Wounded Ronin
5th March 10, 07:48 PM
I heard that Indian men also had problems with condoms being too large, and I've noticed that Japanese condoms seem a bit more snug.

Clearly the white man is oppressing the world with his colonial-size condoms.

Ajamil
6th March 10, 03:04 AM
So that's how the white man always keeps the brother down.

nihilist
7th March 10, 03:50 AM
12? Jeez. I don't think I hit puberty until I was like 17.

Wasn't Puberty your dog's name?

Ajamil
7th March 10, 04:11 AM
Hitting has no place in man-animal love. You apologize to Puberty and make it up to him right now, PL.

nihilist
7th March 10, 12:16 PM
And also apologize to poor young Pubert.

Ajamil
9th March 10, 02:00 PM
The Swiss are worried that the immigrants will overrun their country. They're trying all strategies to up their numbers, including getting people to reproduce sooner. The new condoms will be more prone to breaking - you wait and see.

Feryk
9th March 10, 03:45 PM
Since when is a 12 year old going to need a smaller condom? I don't remember my erections being smaller at that age.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th March 10, 04:52 PM
not all of us spring from the womb fully grown and ready for battle

Feryk
9th March 10, 05:15 PM
Oh. My bad.

resolve
9th March 10, 05:36 PM
I know I was a late bloomer and all but 12? Seriously? That's really repugnant.

I remember being 12 and some guys had 'girlfriends' meaning they held hands, occasionally stole a kiss when they thought nobody was looking, and hung out together while waiting for the school bus. Usually those relationships were 'puppy love' and lasted all of one school year. Most guys my age, including myself, were still playing 'soldier' and 'fort' in the woods when not organising street hockey games or gathering around the neighborhood SNES for the latest game.

Yeah once I hit puberty at around late 13 girls magically changed into all kinds of awesome to look at but were still painful to talk to and I still didn't even think about being in any kind of active relationship with a girl outside of friendship until I was 15-16ish.

I just don't see how a society can encrouage their youngins to have sex at such a young age like that...

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th March 10, 05:38 PM
They're not encouraging them to have sex, but the kids are having sex none the less and the adults want them to be safe about it.

resolve
9th March 10, 05:43 PM
Kids that age don't have sex unless there is something going on.

Either:

1) Freakishly young puberty rates
2) A permissible society towards all kinds of sexual relations
3) Parents who often engage in open relationships instead of marriage while raising children
4) A history of sexual abuse in parents.

Who knows, maybe all of it? Switzerland is Switzerland after all. Yeah I know that's a cheap shot. But those are the usual things that occur when kids are having sex that young. It seems to be a "let's just treat the symptoms instead of treating the problem" kind of thing to be issuing condoms out like that.

Feryk
9th March 10, 06:07 PM
Agreed that there is a cultural issue as well as a health issue at work there. Switzerland seems a strange place to have a pre-teen sex issue, though. High level of affluence and education usually leads to a later sexualization. Odd.

Kiko
14th March 10, 08:13 AM
http://cheezpictureisunrelated.files.wordpress.com/2010/02/129105663992114602.jpg

Cullion
14th March 10, 09:21 AM
Since when is a 12 year old going to need a smaller condom? I haven't developed at all since that age.

toomuchinfobro.

Steve
15th March 10, 03:00 AM
Obviously we have no Norwegian posters here.