PDA

View Full Version : Chicken Piccata

UpYoursSteve
2nd March 10, 09:47 PM
I just made one of the best dinners ever, and I strongly recommend you all try it. Start with this as a base: http://allrecipes.com/Recipe/Chicken-Piccata-II/Detail.aspx and then you need to make a few adjustments.

Make as much as 2x to 4x the sauce (I made 4x because I put the chicken on whole wheat angel hair pasta). Put a bit of cornstarch dissolved in water in the sauce.. but add a bit of sugar to cut the bite of the lemon. Also, cook up the chicken (in olive oil instead of butter) and then let it sit in a 250 degree oven while your sauce simmers in a pot. Then, at the end, using white wine to deglaze all the yumminess, put the chicken with the sauce in the pan and let it simmer for maybe 3-5 minutes just to coat. Serve on top of the pasta with asparagus on the side and bread.

You can find all of this in the comments on All Recipes... I just picked the ones that made the most sense.

Tasted like the Chicken Piccata you can get in restaurants.

Happy eating!!!

Oh, and add capers, use fresh squeezed lemon juice, and put in some lemon zest. Dip the chicken in the flour first, then the egg, then the flour again.

Cullion
3rd March 10, 05:33 PM
That sound pretty good to me, but I'm not sure about cornstarch.

Can I get a pic plz?

UpYoursSteve
5th March 10, 01:55 AM

Can I get a pic plz?

I'm not going to do that seeing as it already passed through my digestive system. Unless you're into that (http://i795.photobucket.com/albums/yy239/EveryLittleBitCounts/1210364905poop.jpg?t=1267772038). But still not.

UpYoursSteve
5th March 10, 01:55 AM
I AM SAD NO ONE COMMENTZ ON YOUR RECIPEES. I WILL MAEK IT IN MY PANTS FOR YOU!!! AHAHAHAHA!!!!

Thoughtful. Thank you.

billy sol hurok
5th March 10, 09:34 AM
I used to make a very nice veal picatta, using a sprinkle of plain old flour as a thickener IIRC. Certainly never used garlic powder, which I dislike, but instead added minced garlic to the pan at the browning stage.

Fresh lemon juice is a must, though I can't imagine using sugar: the citrus bite was smoothed out (to my way of tasting) by the salt in the butter. Yes, butter.

The capers seem kind of distracting, but to each her own.

Ajamil
5th March 10, 04:06 PM
You could also use seitan flour (I've subbed it for cornstarch in my batters) if you want to kill anyone with Celiac's.

UpYoursSteve
5th March 10, 11:10 PM
I used to make a very nice veal picatta, using a sprinkle of plain old flour as a thickener IIRC. Certainly never used garlic powder, which I dislike, but instead added minced garlic to the pan at the browning stage.

Fresh lemon juice is a must, though I can't imagine using sugar: the citrus bite was smoothed out (to my way of tasting) by the salt in the butter. Yes, butter.

I like the cornstarch because it dissolves smoothly and meshes with the type of sauce this recipe makes. I love garlic so I tend to use it everywhere I can. I used the sugar mostly because I didn't use any butter (I substituted olive oil for the frying). And capers go well with lemon. I'm not a huge capers fan, but the people I cook for like them.

Neildo
5th March 10, 11:18 PM

made of win