PDA

View Full Version : This is amazing

TheMightyMcClaw
2nd March 10, 02:53 PM
And I thought my scale mail was impressive.

http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_AVDc6Zh22uQ/S2kpyjEfOLI/AAAAAAAAAS0/irEYXN5a2Zw/s320/finished_shirt3%28cropped%29.jpg

http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_AVDc6Zh22uQ/S2kp07jsYpI/AAAAAAAAAS8/zfYi5rWzFes/s320/shirt_back8.jpg
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_AVDc6Zh22uQ/SwodJ114HqI/AAAAAAAAANI/U51Dw4RhCdc/s320/2_rivets.jpg
http://of-bronze-and-bone.blogspot.com/

This woman is creating the most intense armor I have ever seen. I am absolutely blown away. Each and every one of the tiny scales is chemically treated, etched and engraved.
I'm impressed. You should be impressed too.

partyboy
2nd March 10, 02:59 PM
you get her number yet?

Spade: The Real Snake
2nd March 10, 03:13 PM
That woman is you.
tell the truth.

Steve
2nd March 10, 03:34 PM
you get her number yet?

This^

And by that I mean you should chemically treat her.

With your penis.

WarPhalange
2nd March 10, 03:34 PM
This woman is creating the most intense armor I have ever seen. I am absolutely blown away. Each and every one of the tiny scales is chemically treated, etched and engraved.
I'm impressed. You should be impressed too.

Not to kill your boner or anything, but you know she probably gets those scales mass produced, right? She doesn't do all that shit by hand.

It still looks pretty badass, though. I'm just saying I could probably beat her up. Or something.

TheMightyMcClaw
2nd March 10, 04:29 PM
Not to kill your boner or anything, but you know she probably gets those scales mass produced, right? She doesn't do all that shit by hand.

It still looks pretty badass, though. I'm just saying I could probably beat her up. Or something.

Check the blog. She bought the scales from the same store I did, but she still etched and wove them all on her own. And that is intense.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd March 10, 05:00 PM
styling sucks
detailing is pretty meh considering the manual labor required.

Artful Dentures
2nd March 10, 05:34 PM
Check the blog. She bought the scales from the same store I did, but she still etched and wove them all on her own. And that is intense.

You two should get together and produce the ultimate chainmaile making baby

Cullion
2nd March 10, 05:53 PM
Yep. That's your soul mate.

Artful Dentures
2nd March 10, 06:53 PM
We are all having fun but watch McClaw get together and they start their own chain mail shop and make a fortune

Lights Out
2nd March 10, 07:35 PM
We are all having fun but watch McClaw get together and they start their own chain mail shop and make a fortune

while at the same time finding true love.

Seriously, McClaw, you should totally contact her, if you haven't done it yet.

Artful Dentures
2nd March 10, 10:41 PM
I have the perfect band picked out for your wedding

Nb2Ezif7zf8

Ajamil
3rd March 10, 10:35 AM
The zipper is ingenious - so simple but I don't think I've ever seen it done with mail like that. The high collar is interesting too - is it stiffened?

TheMightyMcClaw
3rd March 10, 10:54 AM
The zipper is ingenious - so simple but I don't think I've ever seen it done with mail like that. The high collar is interesting too - is it stiffened?

Yeah; according to her blog posts, she used a thick leather backing for the collar so it wouldn't collapse.

Feryk
3rd March 10, 12:24 PM
Um, how old is this woman? Is she in the same age range as McClaw?

'Cause if she's in her 60's, he should totally not hit that. Just sayin'.

3rd March 10, 12:30 PM
Um, how old is this woman? Is she in the same age range as McClaw?

'Cause if she's in her 60's, he should totally not hit that. Just sayin'.
Please change all gender references to "MJS" for accuracy sake.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd March 10, 12:47 PM
He's going to have to cut his hair if he wants me to spread my legs.

At the very least he could wash it.

Feryk
3rd March 10, 01:46 PM
You missed the whole chainmail theme, didn't you?

You won't have much of a choice if McClaw decides to take you.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd March 10, 02:02 PM
I always have the choice. It's my body and only I can decide who can touch it.

Feryk
3rd March 10, 05:44 PM

You gonna get raped.

Lights Out
3rd March 10, 06:05 PM
WHY ARE YOU SUCH A HATER? When people post thangs you never say oh that is cool you always say THAT SUCKS we COULD replace you with a roboto that says "THAT SUCKS MY STYLE IS NUMBER ONE FASHION GUIZ!!!"

MJS once beleived he had fallen in love for the first and only time in his life.

Turns out he was unknowingly seeing himself reflected on a mirror.

3rd March 10, 06:08 PM
MJS once beleived he had fallen in love for the first and only time in his life.

Turns out he was unknowingly seeing himself reflected on a mirror.
So MJS is a homosexual pedo?

Lights Out
3rd March 10, 06:36 PM

In a sense, he probably masturbates to pics of himself.

Kiko
3rd March 10, 06:37 PM
Zipper? Sorry, too much anachronism for me. A chain mail bodice should have barb-wire laces....

WarPhalange
3rd March 10, 07:23 PM
In a sense, he probably masturbates to pics of himself.

Query: If I were to masturbate to pictures of myself as a child, could I be prosecuted for being a paedophile?

Kiko
3rd March 10, 07:26 PM
Query: If I were to masturbate to pictures of myself as a child, could I be prosecuted for being a paedophile?

Only if someone took pictures of you doing it and you saved 'em until you were old enough and ....

Lights Out
3rd March 10, 07:27 PM

http://sciencefun.files.wordpress.com/2006/12/time_paradox.jpg

resolve
4th March 10, 01:27 PM
I think the high collar is amazing and definitely brings something new to the look.

The scales are pretty impressive although should probably be a bit larger if you are going to do that much detail work on them. That much embellishment on a small metal surface never sat right with me. There should be some "viewing space" to enjoy the nature of the metal itself as well as the detailing in my opinion. I thoroughly enjoy the antiquing of the metal she did though.

And I agree the zipper does look tacky.

So keep the collar, lose the zipper and add an easy "laces" type look or hooks with leather straps to hold it on, make the scales larger or lose some of the detail, and I think if you added some nice bracers for the wrist area and possibly offset the bottom area of the bodice/jacket so that it becomes assymetrical I think it could look really sharp.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
4th March 10, 01:58 PM

im legal

4th March 10, 03:06 PM
McClaw, invite her over to sleep on your bunkbeds.

TheMightyMcClaw
4th March 10, 03:21 PM
im legal

Excellent.

Cullion
4th March 10, 05:26 PM

You only get to decide how much of a fight you put up. McClaw is the boss of you when the shit hits the fan. You better get ready with a good excuse to your friends when they ask about the funny walk and the black eye, because nobody likes a loser.

Cullion
4th March 10, 05:27 PM
I'm serious, that's his soul mate. You can see from the pics on her blog that she's in the right age-range for McClaw.