PDA

View Full Version : Fox ‘News’ spins overtime to minimize Ron Paul CPAC straw poll win

resolve
24th February 10, 06:44 PM
Found here at DailyKOS:

http://www.dailykos.com/tv/w/002571/

Ok, everyone here knows Fox News is a joke, owned by the same parent umbrella corp as the other news networks and played against the others as a drama-wheel to make 'MOAR moneyz!" for their 24 hour entertainment 'news' networks, right???

Anyways, what's worrying is that alot of conservatives actually watch and appeal to the drivel anyways. Listen to how they blast Paul for winning.

Aphid Jones
24th February 10, 07:28 PM
Ron Paul is hilarious.

WarPhalange
24th February 10, 07:46 PM
Apparently Faux N00Z ran a story on how going to college makes you liberal. The result? People on fmylife.com already complaining about their parents dropping their financial support for them.

EuropIan
24th February 10, 08:03 PM
Audible gas & booze.

Wounded Ronin
24th February 10, 08:04 PM
Apparently Faux N00Z ran a story on how going to college makes you liberal. The result? People on fmylife.com already complaining about their parents dropping their financial support for them.

So the parents were okay with paying $40,000 a year for college until they saw a story on Fox News and then they abruptly changed their minds?

Wounded Ronin
24th February 10, 08:06 PM

Holy crap, that site is hilarious.

Today, before class, I was punched in the groin by a female classmate. I screamed a long series of profanities at her, not realising that both my teacher and the assistant principal were both in the room. While my classmate got away scot-free, I meanwhile have to serve three hours of detention tomorrow for verbally assaulting another classmate. FML

Wow, here's a gem:

Today, I went shopping with my mother, when someone snuck a pack of condoms into our cart while our backs were turned. When we got to the register, my mom, whose wealth makes me ineligible for financial aid, noticed the condoms and she announced that she wasn't paying for the college I got accepted to next year because she doesn't want a promiscuous daughter. FML

jkdbuck76
24th February 10, 09:49 PM
Found here at DailyKOS:

Ok, everyone here knows Fox News is a joke, owned by the same parent umbrella corp as the other news networks and played against the others as a drama-wheel to make 'MOAR moneyz!" for their 24 hour entertainment 'news' networks, right???

So its fixed, full of crap and a soap opera (like professional wrestling)?

I wonder why they f34r Ron Paul?

EuropIan
24th February 10, 09:57 PM
Ron Paul was voted in by 'young people' at CPAC and being young is against Republican values.

So there.

Cullion
25th February 10, 07:25 AM
I think there's a beautiful, almost Disney-like quality to this phenomenon of young pot-smokers and South Park fans voting for a contrarian old pro-life, pro-Gold Standard doctor from Texas.

EvilSteve
25th February 10, 09:27 AM
Ummm... they do get that all the people who work for Fox, wrote that story, edited it, then read it on the air all have college degrees, right?

I have to say, I know a number of hardcore Republicans, most of whom watch shows like Hannity and O'Reilly, and I can't imagine any of them not sending their kids to college for fear of them becoming liberal. I do have to wonder who these idiots are.

EDIT: Just watched the video. I love how the talking heads on the right are so quick to dismiss the importance of younger voters, when the talking heads on the left are lamenting that Obama has lost the support of the same age demographic, which was pivotal to his election.

Kiko
25th February 10, 11:27 AM
Um.. I went to college. I'm gonna let my kids, no encourage them to go. I vote differently than my parents and if my kids want to flip back, that's their right.

I can only hope they re-vamp the system when they figure out a way how.

EvilSteve
25th February 10, 11:38 AM
My parents didn't care about my political beliefs... they just said get into an Ivy or don't come home.

...so I got into an Ivy AND I didn't come home.

Feryk
25th February 10, 12:49 PM
That showed 'em!

jubei33
25th February 10, 04:49 PM
Today, I went shopping with my mother, when someone snuck a pack of condoms into our cart while our backs were turned. When we got to the register, my mom, whose wealth makes me ineligible for financial aid, noticed the condoms and she announced that she wasn't paying for the college I got accepted to next year because she doesn't want a promiscuous daughter. FML

LOL, I bet the condom fairy is working overtime in your district. STFU you lazy slut.

Feryk
26th February 10, 12:50 PM
"someone snuck a pack of condoms", uh, yeah.

Ajamil
26th February 10, 02:43 PM
It's possible, I've thrown a stray condom pack in a random cart in my day.

Feryk
26th February 10, 03:39 PM
If my 18 year old daughter wanted a pack of condoms, I'd buy her the entire store inventory.

WarPhalange
27th February 10, 04:14 PM
Yeah, but not everyone's into incest like you are.

AAAhmed46
27th February 10, 11:28 PM
Found here at DailyKOS:

Anyways, what's worrying is that alot of conservatives actually watch and appeal to the drivel anyways. Listen to how they blast Paul for winning.

Your one of the few evangelical christians i have seen even on the net that seem to really like Ron Paul.

I agree with you but...why are you so different?

bob
28th February 10, 12:04 AM
Whatever your perceptions of some of his followers, Ron Paul is a conservative christian.

AAAhmed46
28th February 10, 01:44 AM
Well, i like him. He rightfully critiques the system, rightfully critiques corporations, lobby groups. None of that social darwinist stuff(LOL RAND)

None of that ZOMG!! LETS NUKE THEM CAMEL JOCKEYS!!! then again he visited different countries so he probably knows how inflated misconceptions really are.

EuropIan
28th February 10, 03:06 AM
Whatever your perceptions of some of his followers, Ron Paul is a conservative christian.
But not an evangelical

bob
28th February 10, 03:55 AM
Yes and no. Paul calls himself a constitutionalist but his interpretation of the constitution is... well I'll let him use his own words:

The notion of a rigid separation between church and state has no basis in either the text of the Constitution or the writings of our Founding Fathers. On the contrary, our Founders’ political views were strongly informed by their religious beliefs. Certainly the drafters of the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution, both replete with references to God, would be aghast at the federal government’s hostility to religion.

There are actually no direct references to God in the constitution I believe and at least one of the founding fathers (Jefferson) had quite a different view to Paul.

Christianity neither is, nor ever was a part of the common law. In every country and in every age, the priest has been hostile to liberty. He is always in alliance with the despot, abetting his abuses in return for protection to his own. Among the sayings and discourses imputed to him [Jesus] by his biographers, I find many passages of fine imagination, correct morality, and of the most lovely benevolence; and others again of so much ignorance, so much absurdity, so much untruth, charlatanism, and imposture, as to pronounce it impossible that such contradictions should have proceeded from the same being. And the day will come when the mystical generation of Jesus, by the supreme being as his father in the womb of a virgin will be classed with the fable of the generation of Minerve in the brain of Jupiter.

History, I believe, furnishes no example of a priest-ridden people maintaining a free civil government. I contemplate with sovereign reverence that act of the whole American people which declared that their legislature should 'make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof,' thus building a wall of separation between church and State. Millions of innocent men, women and children, since the introduction of Christianity, have been burnt, tortured, fined and imprisoned; yet we have not advanced one inch towards uniformity

He may not appear on cable networks saying praise the lord and pass the dollars but his actions are fundamentally informed by propogation of his faith.

Cullion
28th February 10, 07:50 AM

Yes, but he doesn't allow his Christianity to override what he believes the constitutional authority of the federal government or the presidency to be.

He has in the past made it quite clear that he's personally pro-life whilst stating that he doesn't believe that it's within the remit of the federal government to regulate it. He says the same in regard to prostitution, alcohol & drugs, gambling etc..

The kind of seperation of church and state he's critiquing is the absurd kind that forbids prayer in schools. You'd have to be kind of retarded to actually believe that the modern forced secularism is the kind of religious freedom that the 18th century were thinking of, and it had no place in American society until the 20th century.

I really wouldn't worry about Ron Paul's religious views. He's not another Bush in the making and he's not going to be trying to force people to convert.

jnp
28th February 10, 10:51 AM
Derail!

In the early nineties Ron Paul may have sponsored or helped publish several conservative newsletters containing racist diatribes.

http://www.cnn.com/2008/POLITICS/01/10/paul.newsletters/index.html

Paul didn't write any of the articles of course and he denies knowing about them, but that seems a bit disingenuous seeing as how his name was all over the publications and he contributed to them in some way himself. Nevertheless, it is possible that he didn't have anything to do with the writers of the racist articles.

I don't think this is a big deal, but I'm always a bit surprised how many people missed this story when it came out. It was a big deal in Austin.

Cullion
28th February 10, 11:36 AM
This is pretty old news, and was repeated ad-nauseum by Paul's opponents in the mainstream media and the blogosphere during the 2008 run for the republican nominations.

Have you read Michelle Obama's doctoral thesis ?

Spade: The Real Snake
28th February 10, 11:41 AM
If my 18 year old daughter wanted a pack of condoms, I'd buy her the entire store inventory.

I am shocked and saddened at the entirety of Sociocide for failing to miss this of most obvious openings.

:sad fugee face

jnp
28th February 10, 03:47 PM
Have you read Michelle Obama's doctoral thesis ?
Checked it out on Google. No big deal, no big surprises.

I guess I was curious if the rest of you were informed about Paul's past. Sometimes I'll ignore political news for months at a time. Since I don't watch T.V., much less cable news networks, this is not difficult for me to do. Although it does occasionally cause me to be ill-informed.

Cullion
28th February 10, 03:58 PM
Yeah, Paul's past is in no way scary.

Ajamil
28th February 10, 04:57 PM
I heard about the racist thing on Sociocide. There were a lot of website sourcing and it was a bit hard to determine exctly what was going on. When political things get so muddled - and especially when it's on something as subjective as whether a person is racist - it usually drops from my candidate-potential judgment. Let's see if I can find the link. Ahh yes, NoB recently resurrected it. (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53748) Ron Paul's racism starts at post #51.

WarPhalange
28th February 10, 06:04 PM
I heard that during his time as a doctor, he'd only deliver white babies. If a white mother came in and the baby turned out to be non-white, he'd put it back in and tell her to go elsewhere.

Robot Jesus
28th February 10, 07:01 PM
" so , yay, my girlfriends pregnant. now I know it sounds cliché, but I don't care if it's a boy or a girl. no really I don't just as long as it isn't white."

Feryk
1st March 10, 01:03 PM
Yeah, but not everyone's into incest like you are.

It's the only action you'll ever get, so watch yourself.:icon_rofl: