PDA

View Full Version : Pork: a celebration

Robot Jesus
16th February 10, 06:35 PM
everyone post their pork recipes

pressure cooker pork

sear pork in cast iron pan with a little oil and some salt over high heat.

coat in bbq sauce and then pour in a generous portion of bourbon.

cook in pressure cooker on highest setting for an hour and a half.

remove lid and pork and reduce until appropriately thick, you may want to add some fresh bbq sauce and bourbon to freshen the flavor.

serve in an appropriate manner.

Zendetta
16th February 10, 07:20 PM
Honey-Mustard Pork Tenderloin

Get a nice pork tenderloin.

Matinate overnight. I like a blend of gourmet mustard, honey, rice wine viengar, worcerstershire sauce, and some herbs.

Grill over flame, let rest for ten minutes, slice thin against grain.

partyboy
16th February 10, 08:27 PM
bacon:

remove bacon from package

fry bacon

enjoy bacon

http://joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2005/10/bacon_dispenser.jpg

Artful Dentures
16th February 10, 08:31 PM
As a Jew when I BBQ pork ribs the spice of guilt and sin makes them extra tasty

1. Get ribs
2. Mix in a bowl, season salt, good paprika and bread crumbs.
3. rub into ribs vigorously
4. wrap tightly in tin foil
5. bake in oven at 215 degrees for about 2 1/2 hours
6. take out of oven un wrap ribs put on low heat on BBQ for 10 minutes
7. baste both sides with bbq sauce of choice
8. eat and feel guilty

Keith
16th February 10, 09:32 PM
bacon:

remove bacon from package

fry bacon

enjoy bacon

http://joeydevilla.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2005/10/bacon_dispenser.jpg

This. Bacon rocks all kinds of awesome.

Steve
16th February 10, 09:40 PM
I love how earlier there was an ad for bacon salt at the top of the page... Now, after a few more posts, it's a fitness singles ad. Clever.

partyboy
16th February 10, 09:47 PM
I love how earlier there was an ad for bacon salt at the top of the page... Now, after a few more posts, it's a fitness singles ad. Clever.

^ no idea what he's talking about because teh real peoplz use ad-blockerz

Steve
16th February 10, 10:01 PM
And look what fun you're missing out on, sucker.

Steve
16th February 10, 10:02 PM
Oh, and remind me to take away your free supporting membership when I'm not being lazy, kthx.

Kiko
17th February 10, 03:23 PM
This is from memory, so I hope I don't leave something out. Baked breaded nummy pork chops~!

Get some pork chops. Boneless or with bone, doesn't matter until you have to navigate the bone when eating 'em.

Beat enough eggs to dip the chops. Season the eggs if you like to layer your spices. Recently I put in a bit of curry paste, they were zingy!

Next layer, mix your breadcrumbs with more spices. In keeping with today's theme, I put in some curry powder, actually a few of 'em, I like to mix it up. Dip the eggy chops into the crumbs and get 'em all coated.

Fry the chops in vegetable oil just until they're browned. Use canola or something light. Drain 'em and put into a glass baking dish. Pre-heat the oven to 350.

I had leftover egg and figured it'd help the sauce. Add white wine, nearly half a bottle - no one liked it so fine. Add a can of cream of something soup. You pick - celery, mushroom.. I think I had chicken so that's what I used. Add a bit more curry powder and pour the whole thing over the chops in the baking dish.

Cover with foil and bake for at least an hour.

Spices could be changed. Garlic in the egg wash and lotsa basil/oregano etc in the breading. You get the idea.

If I feel like it, I'll follow up with my pork loin later!.

Feryk
17th February 10, 05:01 PM
Smoked BBQ Ribs

1.) Thaw ribs 2 days in advance. Put on Rub day before you grill.

2.) Rub:

Equal Parts Brown and White Sugar
Smoked Paprika for taste and color
Cloves
Cumin
Garlic and Onion Salt
Dry Mustard
Chili Powder
Dried Chili's, diced or ground up, depending on you. All of the above are added to taste, so decide how much of each you like. Personally, I go a little heavier on the chili powder, but my family likes it a little sweeter and less hot.

Firmly (and I mean FIRMLY) rub into the rib flesh. Store in the fridge overnight.

3.) Build Smoke packets for your grill. I use a combination of wet and dry smoke. I prefer Maple and Hickory, but whatever floats your boat will work.

4.) Turn left side of grill on, leave right side off. Oil right side.

5.) Indirect heat for 4 hours or more, depending on how big the ribs are. Baby backs need less. Grill temp should be between 150 and 200 degrees F.

6.) When they are almost ready, brush (Yes, a BRUSH - NOT POUR) lightly the BBQ sauce of your choice.

If you've done it right, your ribs will have absorbed the flavor of the rub and smoke. The sauce should highlight the flavor, not overpower it.

These ribs make me believe there is a God.

Robot Jesus
5th March 10, 06:07 PM
everyone post their pork recipes

pressure cooker pork

sear pork in cast iron pan with a little oil and some salt over high heat.

coat in bbq sauce and then pour in a generous portion of bourbon.

cook in pressure cooker on highest setting for an hour and a half.

remove lid and pork and reduce until appropriately thick, you may want to add some fresh bbq sauce and bourbon to freshen the flavor.

serve in an appropriate manner.

DOES NOT WORK FOR PORK CHOPS