PDA

View Full Version : Cash Cab: Texting while driving is out, why the hell is this show still on the air?

Steve
28th January 10, 01:23 PM
With all the hub-bub about driving while texting, or even just plain talking on your cell phone, why is the show Cash Cab (http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/cashcab/cashcab.html) still on the air? Hosting a game show is far more distracting for the driver than texting/talking on a phone.

Just another example of the mighty dollar trumping safety?

T8ryKP3qElM

I personally like the show (as any trivia buff would), but this is kinda ridiculous, especially driving around in New York.

Kein Haar
28th January 10, 01:27 PM
That's a boring fucking show too.

Ajamil
28th January 10, 01:38 PM
"Which direction would something be coming from if it was aft?"
"In front of you!!"
"Oooo sorry that's not correcSMASH!!

Edit: I just watched the YT vid, why didn't they drive her to the destination? You only give free rides to contestants and not to a crying woman?

Steve
28th January 10, 01:40 PM
That's a boring fucking show too.

Yeah, it doesn't have Louie Anderson as the host so I'm not surprised you don't like it.

HappyOldGuy
28th January 10, 02:10 PM
Taxicab confessions OTOH, was always good for a drunken latenight laugh.

Steve
28th January 10, 02:13 PM
Edit: I just watched the YT vid, why didn't they drive her to the destination? You only give free rides to contestants and not to a crying woman?

Another excellent point.

Kein Haar
28th January 10, 02:47 PM
Louie Anderson is a GOD...no...a TITAN.

Wait...which is better?

HappyOldGuy
28th January 10, 03:10 PM
Wait...which is better?

Depends if you think he should be staked to a rock for all eternity getting his liver pecked out by buzzards or not.

KO'd N DOA
28th January 10, 03:28 PM
We have a french version of that show in Montreal. It is awesome, especially when the Haitians get picked up - they scream and bounce like mad, compared to the stoic french who take it way too serious.

Lemme findit. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0OGyI2L_K3w

The screaming and bouncing is edited out, he actually pulls over to collect himself after they win, complaining about the level of noise. Back issues are not availible.