PDA

View Full Version : For your punching pleasure, more spiked gloves

TheMightyMcClaw
6th January 10, 10:56 PM
I just finished these guys up earlier today:
http://th05.deviantart.net/fs70/300W/i/2010/006/7/e/Dragonspine_Gloves_by_MetalArtisan.jpg

As you may have noticed, they're the same base glove as these guys (http://th05.deviantart.net/fs50/300W/i/2009/322/4/a/Gloves___The_Morningstars_by_MetalArtisan.jpg) that I posted a while back. I got a cheap bulk order of them, and I've been doing a series of badass gloves in the same heavy-metal-album cover motif. It's sort of an art project for me. These are second in that series. I've nicknamed them the "Dragonspine" gloves, since part of the project is coming up with totally classy and not at all tasteless names for each entry.
I'll post entry #3 once I get those done.

UpYoursSteve
7th January 10, 12:38 AM
Where do you get the metal for it? The scale-lookin stuff on the wrists.

nihilist
7th January 10, 02:58 AM
You should have seen some of the crazy shit I used to make.

JohnnyCache
7th January 10, 10:45 AM
I don't know how I feel about the modern ski-glove look

you got some other angles on them?

TheMightyMcClaw
7th January 10, 11:01 AM
Where do you get the metal for it? The scale-lookin stuff on the wrists.

I get my scales from a metal shop up in Canada. (http://www.theringlord.com/)

You should have seen some of the crazy shit I used to make.
Do you have any pics of it floating around? I'd rather like to.

nihilist
7th January 10, 11:38 AM
No, but I might draw something up when I get time.

Commodore Pipes
7th January 10, 03:21 PM
Dude, you should get a job designing things for Bud/K.

Ajamil
7th January 10, 04:27 PM
I like these better than the first. The spikes break up the puffy, ski-glove look. Perhaps some metal bands across that area might work in a future rendition as well. Could you make them fingerless, perhaps?

TheMightyMcClaw
7th January 10, 04:53 PM
I like these better than the first. The spikes break up the puffy, ski-glove look. Perhaps some metal bands across that area might work in a future rendition as well. Could you make them fingerless, perhaps?

That's a good idea with the bands... I (unfortunately) don't have tools to work sheet metal at the moment, but I'll keep that in mind.
I could make them fingerless pretty easily, but that seems really weird to do on insulated gloves.

Neildo
7th January 10, 05:19 PM
if you actually hit somebody with those gloves on, i'm pretty sure it would hurt your hand a bit more than the person you're actually hitting. IMO, the spikes should be bolted to metal plates that are riveted to the gloves. then you can bitchslap with reckless abandon.

Lights Out
7th January 10, 07:11 PM
You should make some Rollerball gloves.

Like the ones in the seventies film, starring James Caan, not the awful remake.

http://opiniones.terra.es/tmp/swotti/cacheCM9SBGVYYMFSBA==/imgRollerball1.jpg

EuropIan
7th January 10, 08:35 PM
Neildo has the correct, otherwise they're just gay Judas Priest gloves

TheMightyMcClaw
7th January 10, 09:16 PM
if you actually hit somebody with those gloves on, i'm pretty sure it would hurt your hand a bit more than the person you're actually hitting. IMO, the spikes should be bolted to metal plates that are riveted to the gloves. then you can bitchslap with reckless abandon.

I'm quite positive that you're right. The spikes are screwed in, and if you punched anything, the screws would just dig back into your knuckles rather viciously. They'll also likely wiggle to one side or another as they do it, scratching up your skin the process.
Fortunately, I'm a man of peace.

Neildo
7th January 10, 09:23 PM
however, in their current form they are perfect for duel challenging.

hjE2sxCQ_rU

Ajamil
8th January 10, 12:20 AM
Fortunately, I'm a man of peace.
So this is all camouflage, then? That's cool.
http://images.whatsthatbug.com/images/amazon_caterpillar_snake.jpg

nihilist
8th January 10, 01:36 AM
Neildo has the correct, otherwise they're just gay Judas Priest gloves

I'll not have you blaspheming, boy.

EuropIan
8th January 10, 01:40 AM
Are you saying that I may be BREAKING THE LAW!!?

nihilist
8th January 10, 01:44 AM
At the very least you are a SINNER!

SoulMechanic
8th January 10, 03:02 PM
Why not put the spikes on the palms of the gloves instead? Fuck while your at it maybe put some barbed wire in a fleshlight. Fun for the masochistic masturbator.

I must say ManchildMclaw is definitely HELL BENT FOR LEATHER!

Lights Out
8th January 10, 06:35 PM
Your awful Judas Priest jokes are giving me a headache.

I might need a PAINKILLER!

nihilist
8th January 10, 11:00 PM
Better by you better than me.

TheMightyMcClaw
8th January 10, 11:34 PM
While they're not that great for punching people, they work quite well if you're Leather Rebel with All Guns Blazing. Pretty good for Metal Meltdowns on Hell Patrols, too.

jnp
10th January 10, 01:19 PM
You know, you could make those functional for striking by spot welding the spikes onto a thin metal plate, or maybe some of your chainmail so your fist was not in a fixed position. This would help spread out the force of the impact when you hit something.

Although I'm not sure how you would go about inserting this into a glove without completely disassembling said glove.

Cullion
10th January 10, 01:49 PM
He should just make a massive sledgehammer fist, like Hellboy.

Ajamil
10th January 10, 02:06 PM
Oddly enough, Hellboy isn't very metal.

Cullion
10th January 10, 02:12 PM
Says who?

Ajamil
10th January 10, 03:06 PM
Says me. Nothing about the Hellboy comics has ever given off a metal vibe to me.

TheMightyMcClaw
10th January 10, 06:34 PM
You know, you could make those functional for striking by spot welding the spikes onto a thin metal plate, or maybe some of your chainmail so your fist was not in a fixed position. This would help spread out the force of the impact when you hit something.

Although I'm not sure how you would go about inserting this into a glove without completely disassembling said glove.

It'd be pretty hard to do on the inside of the glove, but pretty easy to do on the outside.

Commodore Pipes
11th January 10, 09:25 AM
Says me. Nothing about the Hellboy comics has ever given off a metal vibe to me.

I agree. H.P. Lovecraft having chaste sex with Raymond Chandler, yes, but metal? No.

nihilist
13th January 10, 10:12 PM
Hellboy is a little bit Danzig.

SoulMechanic
14th January 10, 12:17 AM
Reese is a little bit Misfit.

nihilist
14th January 10, 01:44 AM
Nzmr6REbSTU

Commodore Pipes
14th January 10, 10:01 AM
I ain't no goddamn son of a bitch.