PDA

View Full Version : NHL Season 2009/2010

Japuma
6th January 10, 03:54 PM
Halfway in and no thread yet? You Canucks are letting me down.

Just gotta say:

C... A... P... S... CAPS CAPS CAPS!!! WOOO! It's the Caps year baby!
http://1.bp.blogspot.com/_29WRBdtyz68/SdpEzL_YldI/AAAAAAAABeI/yWOugv0BNS4/s400/ovechkin-2.jpg

Feryk
6th January 10, 06:35 PM
Yes it is. Which is why none of the Canadians are posting. The Caps are the most dominant team in the league, and I don't see anyone stopping them.

My team (the Edmonton Oilers) needs to keep up their trend of losing 9/10. If they finish dead last in the season, they'll get one of the three decent draft picks this year, and can justify blowing up the entire roster.

I can only hope for next year.

Japuma
6th January 10, 09:05 PM
Sounds like my Redskins.... Atleast we got a new coach and the 4th pick in the draft.

OZZ
7th January 10, 06:14 PM
I started threads the last two NHL seasons..I figured I would let someone else do it this year, since hardly anyone on here wants to talk hockey.
My team (Philly) is starting to turn the corner, and Emery is back soon - hopefully he will play well.If he doesn't we have no chance of playing in the post season.
That was fun watching them romp over the Leafs last night, some good fights too.
OLD TIME HOCKEY !!
The Winter Classic this year was super, even though my team lost.It was a great event and is really becoming popular in the US.Much more popular than the All-Star game has ever been.

Feryk
15th January 10, 03:50 PM
Good luck to Philly. Might as well cheer for them. I'm hoping for a firesale on Oilers players. The middle of our roster is overpaid and undermotivated. We can't even blame the coach as we went and got two very good ones this year. Our owner has got to want to kill a few people at this point.

Japuma
16th January 10, 04:57 PM
The last two Caps games have shown the need for the Caps to pick up an enforcer... Even if he's only used late in the 3rd when they are allready up by 4 goals and bitches be going crazy. It depressing watching Morrision fighting Orr and getting whooped.

OZZ
18th January 10, 06:14 PM
The last two Caps games have shown the need for the Caps to pick up an enforcer... Even if he's only used late in the 3rd when they are allready up by 4 goals and bitches be going crazy. It depressing watching Morrision fighting Orr and getting whooped.

Yes, Caps definitely need some muscle going into the playoffs. I am sure they will get someone before the deadline...

OZZ
18th January 10, 06:16 PM
Good luck to Philly. Might as well cheer for them. I'm hoping for a firesale on Oilers players. The middle of our roster is overpaid and undermotivated. We can't even blame the coach as we went and got two very good ones this year. Our owner has got to want to kill a few people at this point.

Oilers are in a real tailspin and they have a lot of money locked up in players that are not producing. They really need to do well in the draft this year..

Feryk
20th January 10, 03:42 PM
They need to FIRE people. Unfortunately the NHL ain't the NFL.

KO'd N DOA
21st January 10, 02:33 PM
George Laroque - the Haitian enforcer for the Habs, just got fired. Perhaps we can make a run for a cup in our 100th year.

OZZ
22nd January 10, 11:06 AM
They need to FIRE people. Unfortunately the NHL ain't the NFL.

Lowe needs to go..

OZZ
22nd January 10, 11:08 AM
George Laroque - the Haitian enforcer for the Habs, just got fired. Perhaps we can make a run for a cup in our 100th year.

I like how he played the Haiti card to get media attention.
He's a pylon and doesn't belong in the NHL anymore. Gainey has been trying to get rid of him for a while, but no one wants him.

KO'd N DOA
22nd January 10, 01:31 PM
I like how he played the Haiti card to get media attention.
He's a pylon and doesn't belong in the NHL anymore. Gainey has been trying to get rid of him for a while, but no one wants him.

Now Laroque has all the time in the world to go back to Haiti to help out. I look at as win - win.

Feryk
25th January 10, 05:58 PM
Lowe needs to go..

That's a start.

You could add:

Everyone who isn't Vishnovsky, Souray, Penner, Hemsky. I might keep Dubnyk, but Khabibulin is a chronic injury, JDD will never be a starter.

Penner, only because he seems to have awakened after a three year slumber and I want some value for the money we've invested in him.

I'm serious when I say FIRE SALE. I'd love to see them take a few of these idiots and send them down to the minors, just to free up some salary room.

Feryk
25th January 10, 05:59 PM
Now Laroque has all the time in the world to go back to Haiti to help out. I look at as win - win.

Bet he ends up in Edmonton. Just watch. :seppuku:

OZZ
27th January 10, 01:22 PM
I know its not NHL..but did you guys hear that Cormier kid is now appealing his suspension by the QMJHL? At first he accepted it..now because his team is urging him on, he is appealing the decision.
The team is serious contender for the championship, so they want to appeal the decision because they want him around for the playoffs.
That little cheap-shot fucker...I'll try to find an article and paste it in here somewhere..
I don't know about you guys, but I think the suspension will stand.And it should, he should have to spend the rest of the year sitting out for that bullshit.

Feryk
27th January 10, 01:29 PM
If I were his coach, or his team, I would put the blame squarely on his shoulders. If they lose the championship, it can be traced back to this incident. He ran that kid and blasted him with an elbow. Equivalent to a sucker punch, but worse.

He may have all the talent in the world, but he's still a douche.

KO'd N DOA
27th January 10, 03:01 PM
They were showing a similar Cormier hit against team Sweden at the world Juniors...no penalty.

OZZ
27th January 10, 03:49 PM
Strange thing, this whole affair.Because up until about a year ago..this kid apparently played an honest game and was never known for being a cheap shot artist.Its almost like as soon as he was drafted he started being a douche..the special that I saw on TSN highlighted 4 separate incidents - all occurring after the draft.
What's the mentality here? I 'm going to be a millionaire soon so fuck it, I can do whatever I want? Or what?
He was named team captain for the World Junior team! Then to go and do this is a damn disgrace, I think.He knocked out about 4 of that other guy's teeth!
I really don't think anything will come of the appeal..there is Waay too much public pressure on this issue right now.He will be sitting out the rest of his junior career and hopefully, he will drop down the NJ depth chart and have to wait a little longer to get his millions.
I also hope he gets sued by the other kid's parents and has to shell out some of those millions when he gets them.
I will definitely root against this kid for the rest of his career..and look forward to him getting his first tuning in the big leagues.

Feryk
27th January 10, 03:53 PM
It could be anything from:

- His current coach is a douche who encouraged this kind of 'toughness'.

- He's got anger management issues because of a dysfunctional homelife.

to:

- he thinks his NHL contract is in the bag, and he is trying to maim his competition for rookie of the year 2011.

OZZ
30th January 10, 09:02 PM
This year's Hockey Day IN Canada was broadcasting out of Stratford, Ont. - an hour's drive from my city, so I decided to register in the ball hockey tournament.
The wife and I drove up and she stood out in the cold (it was about -8) to watch my games. Which was nice, because there's nobody in the world who hates the cold as much as my little wifey does..
Anyways..we won our first game 5-2 in which I had 1G and 1 A..also got called for 'excessive roughing' after I put my shoulder into this guy down in our end and put him on his ass. He had elbowed me in the jaw earlier, and I didn't like it.Ref didn't see that one, of course.
Lost second game 7-2 unfortunately, these guys were quite good. I got no points that game..to be honest, I was a 39year old man running around with a bunch of 20-24 year olds and I had a hard time keeping up with them.Especially considering I grew up playing goal and today I played LW.I think the last time I played ball hockey with all my old friends here at home was around 8 years ago, so I wasn't exactly in prime form.
I was a little dissappointed with the playing surface, I thought they would have nice clean tarmac for us to play on, instead it was all slippery with snow and slush. Not excessive, but enough to make me very hesitant about running full out. The last thing I need to do is tear an mcl or something..shit.
All in all, a fun day.Nice to get out of the house and do something different.
Ron and DON were there as well as Wendell Clark, Bob Probert, TimTaylor and a few other alumni. Great to see the kids out having fun.

Japuma
31st January 10, 08:09 AM
I know you all love him, but Don Cherry is a piece of shit who hates everything that isn't Canadian.

OZZ
31st January 10, 03:01 PM
I know you all love him, but Don Cherry is a piece of shit who hates everything that isn't Canadian.

He's very pro-Canadian..and just because he's a loud mouth doesn't mean he HATES anyone or anything that isn't Canadian.
Americans are loud mouthed too..but because that's their image - its ok.
Don's alright..good hockey man and he does a lot for charity.

Japuma
31st January 10, 06:17 PM
Oh no... he fucking hates Ovi.

And 10 in a row baby!

OZZ
31st January 10, 06:19 PM
My barber hates Ovi too..

Japuma
31st January 10, 06:44 PM
lol, Can't be rootin for them ruskies?

KO'd N DOA
1st February 10, 11:43 AM
Way to represent Ozz! Last week we were skating in the outdoor rink (mrs KO and I, and she almost gets hit by a puck. I haven't had a hockey fight in at least 10 years, and was not much good fighting (on the ice) back then. The 20 something apologized.

Cherry likes the Bruins - that is his team, even if he panders to Hogtown.

In all my tickets to see the Habs, Alexandre Kovalev was the most amazing to watch, but the lazy ass did nothing.

Awesome talent but no heart. Even Russia didn't want him.

Feryk
1st February 10, 03:29 PM

The Don is awesome. He's unapologetic about being pro-Canadian, which is a change of pace for us.

And non Canadians can win his respect. I remember back in the old days, the Oilers had a Russian forward named Anatoli Semenov, I believe. He got a stick in the mouth, needed stitches. It was the playoffs, so he got stitched up, came back on the ice in the third and started crushing people into the boards. Eventually he sets up a goal.

Cherry says, 'Gotta love that kid, he's playin' like a Canadian.' What higher praise can there be?

OZZ
1st February 10, 04:08 PM
Way to represent Ozz! Last week we were skating in the outdoor rink (mrs KO and I, and she almost gets hit by a puck. I haven't had a hockey fight in at least 10 years, and was not much good fighting (on the ice) back then. The 20 something apologized.

Cherry likes the Bruins - that is his team, even if he panders to Hogtown.

In all my tickets to see the Habs, Alexandre Kovalev was the most amazing to watch, but the lazy ass did nothing.

Awesome talent but no heart. Even Russia didn't want him.

Glad your wife didn't get hit..shit, that would not have been good.

Yeah, I might have had trouble keeping up with the 20 somethin's running around, but I'll be damned if they were going to push me around. I'm a Philly fan !

OZZ
1st February 10, 04:18 PM
So how about this trade?
If its true that the team who ends up with the best player wins the trade - then Toronto defintiely won this one...Phaneuf was apparently not getting along well in the Calgary dressing room. And the fact that he DIDN"T make the Olympic roster lowered his market value a bit, I guess. BUt I personally think he has a lot of upside and Burke did ok in this deal. I am not sure exactly how old he is, but he is still realizing his potential and could be a Norris candidate down the road.
Leafs also unloaded Blake and Toskala..got JS Giguere - who is on his way down but can still win some games for them.
Matt Stajan will be missed, but over all I would say the Leafs won this transaction unless Dion Phaneuf completely bombs out -which I don't see happening. He's a competitor, has a cannon for a shot and he plays nasty. I have no choice but to watch the Leafs living in this region, so I am looking forward to seeing him play.
Feryk, you are out West, did you hear a lot of shit in the press about Phaneuf being poison in the dressing room?

Feryk
1st February 10, 05:55 PM
Phaneuf is a douchebag in the dressing room. He is a raging cunt everywhere else. No one in Calgary would piss on him if he were on fire...and there has been no danger of that this year.

People compare him to Pronger in skill set, but without the head for the game. True, he's only 24, so he may develop it, but so far, not so much.

The joke was that he is set to arrive tomorrow, but his forehead will get there this afternoon. Calgary wins this trade hands down.

Oh, and the best player rule about trades? Ask Philly how it felt when they gave up everything for Lindros? Ask Colorado how that worked out for them. Just sayin'.

OZZ
1st February 10, 07:51 PM
Hmm..I figured there was a problem or two with him, but didn't know it was so..serious.
I still think he will develop into a pretty solid D-man, but if his attitude sucks that bad this could blow up in Burke's face.What exactly makes him such a dick? I never heard anything specific, just generalized bad- mouthing.
Yeah, I have never really adhered to that 'best player' thing with trades, but the media really likes to play that up for some reason.
Phaneuf is having a bad year, but I wouldn't write him off just yet.Then again, you have likely seen more of him out there..I guess now I will get a closer look at him and see for myself.
People love to make a big deal about the Lindros transaction and how they gave up too much for him..and they did, way too much.But while he was there, they were a force in the East, made the finals and were fun to watch. All the bad blood really sullied some of the positives that Lindros brought to the organization. I can't say that I like the guy, but all the shit that went down was the result of a number of things and they couldn't possibly have all been his fault.
Could they?
Brindamour was my favorite player during those years.Now THAT was a bad trade!

Japuma
1st February 10, 07:54 PM
Could be the last of the BIG BLOCKBUSTER trades. Not many GM's have the balls to completly blow up their entire team.

OZZ
2nd February 10, 12:23 PM
I saw an interview with Phaneuf last night on TSN..he really does come off like a fuckin' prick doesn't he? Short bullshit answers , or what passes for answers , if he doesn't like the question he just gives some Bullshit response that ignores it altogether. Arrogant..
:homo:

Feryk
2nd February 10, 12:52 PM
That's basically the deal from what I understand. He's had lots of bad run ins with fans, etc. when out and about. He's 24 and thinks everyone should line up to suck his dick. Doesn't play well in a city like Calgary. Still, he could probably have gotten away with it if he was playing really well.

Being a douche with shitty numbers, well, the hangin' was just a matter of time.

My guess is that he'll probably get his shit together in Toronto. He's got a chance to be 'the guy'. Initially, he'll love the ego stroke. Eventually, it won't be fun anymore, and that's when he'll start to pout. I give it a year and everyone in TO will hate him.

Japuma
5th February 10, 01:00 AM
Kovalchuck traded to New Jersey (http://sportsillustrated.cnn.com/2010/hockey/nhl/02/04/kovalchuk.traded.ap/index.html?eref=sihp)

Holy hell... Makes sense though, the Thrashers offered him a 12 year $101million contract and he turned it down. Theres no way Atlanta could pay him anymore with their dwindling attendance.

Great pick up for the offence deficent Devils though, should help them pull out of the slump they seem to be in.

KO'd N DOA
5th February 10, 11:09 AM
That is so much money to turn down. Wow.

The thrashers get Patrice Cormier, so perhaps Karma really is a bitch!

Japuma
5th February 10, 12:53 PM
I wonder what he expects to get in free agency this year? Cause 8.4 million dollars/year seems plenty high enough, puts him on par with Sid's and Ovi's contracts.

Feryk
8th February 10, 12:44 PM
It probably wasn't the money. He doesn't want to be in Atlanta when it folds. I don't blame him for that.

OZZ
9th February 10, 03:51 PM
I saw him play when I went to a game in Montreal two years ago..he's fun to watch.
Atlanta regularly draws only about 8,000 people per game.The game failed there once and it will fail again. Without a championship-calibre team, their long-term survival is not even within the realm of possibility.
I give them 3 years, at best. But as we all know Bettman will try his damndest to keep them there so he doesn't have to admit his southern expansion plans didn't work.
Phoenix, Atlanta, Florida - how about Quebec, Wiinnipeg, Seattle (Portland)

Feryk
9th February 10, 05:45 PM
I doubt Winnepeg could raise the $200M price tag. Or draw enough to sustain a franchise there. Or have a decent building they could use.

Quebec might, and Seattle for sure.

Japuma
10th February 10, 10:29 PM
Caps win streak snaped at 14. Fantastic run.

Feryk
11th February 10, 03:20 PM
They are the team to beat this season. I'll be cheering for them.

OZZ
3rd March 10, 02:03 PM
Sidney Crosby may be loved in Pittsburgh, but at the end of the day - he is till a Canadian - and the Canadian who ruined the day for millions of USA hockey fans as he scored in OT in the final game of the men's hockey tournament- and the US fans let hiim know in no uncertain terms the other night as Pittsburgh faced Buffalo and Ryan Miller received an ovation much louder than the one afforded Crosby...

Puck Daddy Tue Mar 02, 2010 11:10 pm EST

Crosby hears Pittsburgh cheer Miller, loses gold-medal gear
By Greg Wyshynski

On Sunday, Sidney Crosby(notes) captured the gold medal in Olympic hockey for Canada, defeating Team USA with an overtime game-winning goal. On Tuesday night, he went back to being a Canadian player competing in an American city as a member of the Pittsburgh Penguins; his U.S. fans, however, still had their hearts in Vancouver.

The Olympians for the Penguins and the visiting Buffalo Sabres were announced before the game, and Crosby was given a standing ovation ... one that was eclipsed by the thunderous, lengthy cheer given to Team USA goalie Ryan Miller, who didn't play for Buffalo in its 3-2 loss in Pittsburgh.

The scars of the U.S. defeat to Canada bubbled to the surface again later, according to the AP:

There was a mixed reaction when a replay of Crosby's game-winning goal was shown on the Mellon Arena scoreboard, with some cheering but also audible booing. Later in the game, when the replay was shown again during a break in play, there were noticeably more boos than cheers.

Video of the Penguins tribute; no idea why they'd show the game-winning goal highlight for Sidney to a U.S. crowd. Total downer:

Ryan Miller(notes) was asked before the game if he expected to hear cheers in a visiting arena after his Olympic heroism.

"That'd be a first. I usually hear my name in other ways. It's nice that the Olympics can kind of help bring that out of the crowds in the NHL," said Miller to reporters (via PensTV). "It's not about one team all the time; it's about the sport."

Not only did Crosby lose the lovefest in Pittsburgh -- if only for a night -- but it appears he's also lost some important equipment from his golden moment in Vancouver.

From Canwest:

The stick Sidney Crosby used to score the gold-medal winning goal in overtime against the United States on Sunday in the men's hockey final and the gloves he was wearing cannot be found and Hockey Canada is investigating the matter.

The equipment went missing after the Canadian players shed their gear to celebrate on the ice at Canada HockeyPlace. "There was quite a jubilation celebration going on on the ice," HockeyCanada's executive vice-president of hockey operations Johnny Misley said in a telephone interview. "The equipment was all collected from all those athletes and that one player's [equipment] just wasn't among them."

Of course, the theft of hockey-historic gear is old (stolen) hat for Sid The Kid. In 2005, the jersey from his IIHF world juniors victory over Russia was stolen from his hockey bag by an Air Canada employee before being recovered by Montreal police.

Hopefully, Hockey Canada and Crosby can locate the missing 2010 gold-medal gear. Keep an eye on eBay or its Canadian equivalent eB-eh? for leads ...

OZZ
12th March 10, 11:09 PM
Even Bill Guerin , Cooke's own teammate, has spoken out about the hit on Savard not resulting in a suspension.
I hope Cooke gets what is coming to him, since the league doesn't want to punish him.
Now the Bruins will likely be without one of their better players for their run to make the playoffs..

PITTSBURGH -- Pittsburgh Penguins forward Bill Guerin says the NHL must outlaw hits to the head.

That includes the kind of hit levelled by Guerin's teammate, Matt Cooke, against the Boston Bruins' Marc Savard.

Savard is out indefinitely with a Grade 2 concussion sustained during a shoulder-to-head hit by Cooke on Sunday. But wasn't suspended for the incident.

NHL enforcement chief Colin Campbell said precedent was set when the Flyers' Mike Richards wasn't suspended for a similar hit on Florida's David Booth this season.

NHL general managers recommended during their meeting Wednesday that a blind-side hit to the head -- or the kind Cooke inflicted upon Savard -- should not be permitted.

Guerin expected Cooke to be suspended.

"If a guy gets hurt like that with a shot to the head, there's got to be something," Guerin said. "Actions happen.

"Guys don't mean to hurt each other, but they do. You got to pay a price for that."

Guerin said players must know they can play the game with protection against hits to the head, especially those that a player can't see coming.

"We're all under the same umbrella, whether the guy's on my team and I'm sitting right next to him or he's playing in California," Guerin said. "It doesn't matter. We're all playing in the same league.

"We all want the same safety. We all want to be looked after the same way. I understand he (Cooke) is on my team but, hey, he's in a tough spot."

The Penguins play the Bruins for the fourth and final time this season March 18 in Boston.

Cooke has been suspended previously for hard hits.

Cooke was suspended two games this season for a hit to the head of Rangers centre Artem Anisimov. He also drew a two-game suspension for a hitting Carolina forward Scott Walker in the head Jan. 20, 2009.

Cooke was not suspended for a knee-to-knee hit on Carolina's Erik Cole that occurred during last season's Eastern Conference final

Feryk
15th March 10, 03:54 PM
Cooke has always played that way. Looks like they've decided to start cracking down, now, though. Yashin got bounced, didn't he?

Japuma
15th March 10, 04:09 PM
Ovi just got handed a 2 gamer for his boarding hit on Campbell. Not a good way to go in to the playoffs.

Feryk
16th March 10, 10:30 AM
Ovi shouldn't be rattled by that. Hell, he could probably use a little rest.

Japuma
16th March 10, 08:47 PM
I meant just because he'll be on the auto-suspend list now for basically anything, it's his third game-misconduct this year.

OZZ
16th March 10, 09:23 PM
I think the suspension was warranted considering he's a repeat offender..but after the Cooke fiasco it just seems like the league is trying to make it look good by suspending a major star...
And although it was clearly Boarding, he didn't cross check him into the boards, just gave him a bit of a shove.
I don't think this head-shot/blindsiding stuff is as convoluted as some people make it out to be - at least not with the benefit of instant replay. If there is no shoulder-to-chest contact whatsoever and it is all arm to the head - then it is intent to injure - match penalty and minimum 2 games in my opinion.
Blindsiding has to become the responsibility of the player carrying the puck to some extent I think...you have to be aware of who is on the ice and if you are crossing the blueline you need to be damn sure you keep your head up.
For example,Lindros was so damn big I think he thought he could just bull his way through the defender's zone a lot of the time and both Kasparitis and Stevens showed that even a huge man like that just can't play the game that way.
Soft cap shoulder pads are likely a good idea too..there's no reason for the equipment to be like something a swat team puts on.

OZZ
25th March 10, 01:53 PM
As expected, the NHL and the NHLPA have agreed to new rules regarding head-shots in order to ensure their implementation as soon as possible - meaning this season instead of next season.
Hopefully, it makes some sort of difference ..

NHL Players' Association approves head shot rule for rest of season

By Chris Johnston, The Canadian Press

TORONTO - Blindside hits to the head will no longer be tolerated in the NHL.

League disciplinarian Colin Campbell has been given the power to hand out supplemental discipline for hits on unsuspecting players where the primary point of contact is the head.

It was officially handed to him Thursday when the executive board of the NHL Players' Association announced that it supported the endorsement of the five player representatives on the competition committee. The league's board of governors had already granted its unanimous support.

The rule took effect immediately.

"We believe this is the right thing to do for the game and for the safety of our players," NHL commissioner Gary Bettman said in a statement. "The elimination of these types of hits should significantly reduce the number of injuries, including concussions, without adversely affecting the level of physicality in the game."

One of the reasons Campbell chose not to suspend Pittsburgh's Matt Cooke after he knocked Boston's Marc Savard unconscious on March 7 was that he felt there was nothing in the rulebook specifically outlawing a shoulder to the head.

A hit like that won't go unpunished now. The NHL's 30 teams have all been sent a DVD that shows specific examples of the type of bodychecks the league wants to see eliminated.

There shouldn't be much pushback from the players given the number of them who spoke out in favour of more punishment while the NHL attempted to fast-track the rule.

"Anything that we can do to make this game safer is a key thing," veteran Anaheim Ducks forward Teemu Selanne said Tuesday night. "If you make big hits and you get a two-game suspension, I don't think anybody learns from that. If you give right away 10 games, then you set the example. It's going to cost you - big time. I think you're going to think about it twice."

There are only 135 total games left in the NHL's regular season heading into Thursday's play - roughly 10 per cent of the overall schedule - but Campbell will also have the power to hand out suspensions during the playoffs.

NHL general managers proposed an on-ice penalty at the conclusion of their annual meetings two weeks ago. That's expected to be discussed over the summer by the competition committee with an eye on instituting it for next season.

The announcement of the temporary modified rule brought a peaceful end to a disagreement between the league and players' union over how rules should be instituted. The NHLPA said it hopes to keep working with the league to make the game safer in the future.

"We are encouraged by the league's recent willingness to explore on-ice rule changes as a means of reducing player injuries and have no doubt that by working together, a safer working environment can be established for all NHLPA members," the union said in a release.

OZZ
9th April 10, 05:16 PM
Philly had better win tonight...

Japuma
9th April 10, 09:38 PM
Philly had better win tonight...

Cue sad trombone....

OZZ
10th April 10, 03:14 PM
Fuck..OK, well, they had better win Sunday !

Japuma
11th April 10, 08:23 PM
It pains me to say this but congrats to the flyers.

OZZ
12th April 10, 03:04 PM
That was a wicked game..Lundqvist stood on his head, but in the end -Philly's snipers got the job done.
I am really glad for Boucher.Hopefully, he can get on a hot streak and play like he did back when he led the Flyers to the Semi's..
Carter got the assist on the tying goal too..and it was his first game back since his injury.

I still think Washington is the team to beat this year though.

OZZ
12th April 10, 03:06 PM
Hey Japuma - did you know that this is the first EVER matchup between the Caps and the Habs in the Post -Season?

Oh BTW - where are all the damn hockey fans?? There's usually at least 4 or 5 of us on here -what gives? Its PLAYOFF TIME !!

Japuma
14th April 10, 08:31 AM
I did know that, it should be a good series for the Caps I look for them to take it in 5 games. The next round has the potential to very interesting though.

KO'd N DOA
15th April 10, 03:24 PM
I look for them to take it in 5 games.

In Montreal, that is our cup.
And this year I really hope to get some exclusive vids of the riots - win or lose.

(*Some people here think Montreal really has a chance - we do have hot goaltenders)

KO'd N DOA
17th April 10, 09:51 AM
Hey would you look at that. Habs actually won a post game!

Japuma
18th April 10, 11:40 AM
Wow... the Caps are playing like crap. Giving up too many bad turnovers, can't clear their zone and the passing looks amateur.... What a comeback win last night though. I think I shortened my life by about 5 years watching that game. Carlson is going to be a beast.

OZZ
18th April 10, 01:24 PM
Flyers managed to win a game too..I think the Habs proved they can play with the Caps, but even when Washington is down by a few goals you can't count them out because of their offensive capabilities.
The upset that I am counting on as well is Phoenix over Detroit..I would like to see the Red Wings go out in round one.

Japuma
18th April 10, 02:53 PM
aye, I'm tired of hearing about the damn red wings.

Ajamil
18th April 10, 09:59 PM
The Red Wings?
nDgEaq9qAyc

They should take to the ice with this playing - just once.

Japuma
19th April 10, 09:27 PM
That was better

KO'd N DOA
20th April 10, 07:26 AM
That sucked, I think for sure Habs will riot. Saw the riot cops downtown last night, and some unhappy fans.

OZZ
20th April 10, 10:59 AM
I don't blame them for being upset..the momentum has totally shifted to the Caps in that series.
Any fan that riots is a damn idiot ..unless its like a Maurice Richard incident, then its excusable I guess.
Montreal wasn't supposed to win this series anyways.

OZZ
21st April 10, 09:11 PM
Montreal's defense sucks...that was a terrible non effort in the third. Talk about playing soft in your own end.
They deserve to lose.

Edit: Oh, and I just found out that both Carter and Gagne are gone for at least 4 weeks with broken bones in their feet. Carter actually scored off that shot from the point by Pronger that re broke his foot (he was already playing with three screws in his foot), after it hit him he shoved it in, but what a price to pay.
Gagne hadn't scored yet, but he was getting chances, including that glove save by Brodeur that will go down as one of the greatest playoff saves ever..
Although the team has gotten used to playing without Gagne, because he is hurt so often ..Carter being gone will really hurt the Flyers.
I still think they can close out this series, but the next round will be tough with two of their top offensive players gone. They just don't have any luck this year when it comes to injuries, brutal..

KO'd N DOA
22nd April 10, 09:08 AM
Montreal's defense sucks...that was a terrible non effort in the third. Talk about playing soft in your own end.
They deserve to lose.

The first two periods was awesome from a Montreal point of view, well except the last 2 minutes of the 2nd, and the entire third. Washingtons goalie was hot.

Note: I do not have cable, and had to listen to it on the Radio because of CBC not covering it. That alone is enough to justify a riot.

Feryk
22nd April 10, 01:44 PM
The game was a lot closer than the score indicated.

OZZ
22nd April 10, 09:16 PM
The Devils now know how it feels to have their playoff hopes crushed by an arch rival..:owneddance:
Boucher has been solid and Richards has led the way as a Captain should, with 8 points.
Great series if you are a Flyers fan.

Japuma
23rd April 10, 09:21 PM
No bueno... Halak was fucking amazing tonight... I think Semin is about to go on a hot streak though.

KO'd N DOA
26th April 10, 10:00 AM
I would prefere the Caps to Beat the Habs, instead of the usual Habs - self destruction.

It is our 100th year though, so there might be some magic in the air.

Japuma
28th April 10, 03:39 PM
I'm going out a limb here... Caps win tonight 5-3 (last goal is an open net)

KO'd N DOA
28th April 10, 03:55 PM
If that happens - I wonder if my office will still be here tomorrow?

I'll go, close game till third - probably 1-1, then a bad penalty- perhaps a penatly shot for Ovechkin, and the caps win. If Halak stops it....my street will be renamed in his honor.

But the 100th year is serious business...

Japuma
28th April 10, 04:16 PM
Will it really be that bad? If the Caps lose the worst we'll get is a bunch of idiot sports radio hosts talking about how they knew the Caps would lose. (when they all predicted a sweep 2 weeks ago) If we'll win we'll hear about how were going to sweep the Flyers.

OZZ
28th April 10, 05:00 PM
If Halak stands on his head the way he did last time out, Habs will win...
Poti is out for the Caps, but that won't make much difference. Caps will likely take this one unless Halak has another miracle performance in him.
I hope its a nice long game if the Caps do win, so they are nice and exhausted for round 2.

Japuma
28th April 10, 05:25 PM
I bet you do....

Japuma
28th April 10, 09:30 PM
God-fucking-cock-gargling-damnit...

Congrats to Habs... You all deserved it, the Caps sure as fuck didn't.

Here's to hoping the Pens get teetotally-assfucked in the next round.

OZZ
28th April 10, 10:33 PM
Alexander Ovechkin is entirely too predictable and the Habs were able to easily shut him down the last two games. Every time he comes over the blue line with the pick he zigs or zags to the right or left, depending on which wing he's on - and then snaps a shot of which is either blocked (the Canadians put on a CLINIC for shot-blocking in this series, other teams should take note) or saved. Never passes, you can't do that over and over in big games.No wonder he got shut down..Semin was also a no-show.When your big names don't show up in these games, you don't often win.Ovechkin is going to continue to get a rep for not 'showing up for the big one'(remember the Olympics?) if he fails to deliver down the road.Having said that, I feel bad for Capitals fans..they have decent support in that city and they have lost 6 game 7's at home during their playoff history.That's a sad statistic for the fans..
But really, Halak has been tremendous the last three or so games as well.Montreal only needs to get 1 or 2 goals and they are confident they can win because he's been so good.
That was a great first-round..major upsets and good,fast hockey.Philly and Boston should be a nice old-time series.I can't wait..
I wish Detroit had lost, but.. oh well.
Congrats to the Habs -and happy 100th anniversary.

KO'd N DOA
29th April 10, 09:05 AM
Everyone in town is somehow- nicer today. The commute to work - at the cross walks, something is different.
Hope it last past lunch today.

lant3rn
29th April 10, 10:23 AM
Alexander Ovechkin is entirely too predictable and the Habs were able to easily shut him down the last two games. Every time he comes over the blue line with the pick he zigs or zags to the right or left, depending on which wing he's on - and then snaps a shot of which is either blocked (the Canadians put on a CLINIC for shot-blocking in this series, other teams should take note) or saved. Never passes, you can't do that over and over in big games.No wonder he got shut down..Semin was also a no-show.When your big names don't show up in these games, you don't often win.Ovechkin is going to continue to get a rep for not 'showing up for the big one'(remember the Olympics?) if he fails to deliver down the road.Having said that, I feel bad for Capitals fans..they have decent support in that city and they have lost 6 game 7's at home during their playoff history.That's a sad statistic for the fans..
But really, Halak has been tremendous the last three or so games as well.Montreal only needs to get 1 or 2 goals and they are confident they can win because he's been so good.
That was a great first-round..major upsets and good,fast hockey.Philly and Boston should be a nice old-time series.I can't wait..
I wish Detroit had lost, but.. oh well.
Congrats to the Habs -and happy 100th anniversary.

I'm a little nervouse at their chances against the penguins though... We'll have to wait and see what Jaques Has planned.

GO HABS GO

OZZ
1st May 10, 10:36 PM
That was an amazing game today..sucks that Philly lost. But they almost stole it and I still think they have a chance to win the series..
I hope the Habs make a comeback tommorrow or that will be a short series.
Luongo looked great tonight against Chicago. That was an important win for the Canucks..they will win this series in 6 games, I think.

KO'd N DOA
3rd May 10, 09:10 AM
The series is tied 1-1. Woot.

KO'd N DOA
5th May 10, 12:33 PM
Habs are down 2-1 to defending Stanley Cup Champs. No riots yet, I'll keep you posted if I see smoke.

Japuma
5th May 10, 12:56 PM
Which will be the bigger riot... Habs lose in game 7 on a goal called back due to a questionable call or the Greece labor union riots?

OZZ
5th May 10, 01:48 PM
I just want to state for the record that I in no way endorse the actions/antics of Daniel Carcillo in these playoffs. He is an embarassment to the sport and all his diving and faking injury is doing nothing to help the Flyers.Even if there is short term gain by drawing a penalty, the long term result is that the team as a whole suffers.The refs do not like to be embarassed and Philly has a hard enough time getting any sort of break from the officials due to their reputation.
I hope the Flyers get rid of him this summer.
As far as the series goes, if they don't win both games at home they will not be able to win the series.

Despite the loss to Chicago the other night, I still think the Canucks will win that series and face the Sharks for the Western Conference title.

Feryk
6th May 10, 03:48 PM
Whoever wins Chicago vs. Vancouver will be beat up and lose to the Sharks.

I'm pulling for the Habs. If they can tip Pittsburgh, you have to like them to win it all - as incredible as that seems.

KO'd N DOA
7th May 10, 11:16 AM
Wow,

Habs. Penguins Series tied 2-2.

I think this is the right time to show up at home with a HD flat screen, and get away with it.

OZZ
8th May 10, 06:38 PM
Wow,

Habs. Penguins Series tied 2-2.

I think this is the right time to show up at home with a HD flat screen, and get away with it.

DO IT !! For men everywhere !!

KO'd N DOA
10th May 10, 09:03 AM
Apparently the fridge needs upgrading...but thanks for the support. Men everywhere will have to do their own dirty work.

Habs down, but not out yet, and Vancouver still in. Lets see who takes it to 7 games. A healty Penguins is a bit scary.

OZZ
10th May 10, 08:57 PM
How about those never say die Habs? Awesome playoffs for Camillieri..
Philly is back in it too..great turn of events.
I wish all the Crosby haters would go suck themselves off somewhere though.The kid handles himself with class and is ALWAYS willing to talk to the press after a loss.He's a mature leader for being so young and the only reason he got a rep for being whiny was because during his rookie season he was one..but he was 18 years old playing with grown men trying to take his head off for god's sake. Cut him some slack..he's not whining anymore and he's a great player.
Let's hope for a Habs - Philly Conference final, eh KO?

KO'd N DOA
11th May 10, 08:40 AM
The fans of Vancouver (well many of them) do not deserve the team they have.

Philly vs Habs would be a riot indeed.

It is wearing thin the Crosby haters. Those are usually the same who nut rode him so hard during the olympics.

I want to punch Lapierre in the face, and he is on my own team and scoring goals. What a mug.

Japuma
12th May 10, 08:37 PM
Given how the season ended for the Caps... I don't think I could be any happier right now!

lant3rn
12th May 10, 09:17 PM
Breaking news.....

HABS WIN SERIES: SIDNEY'S TEARS MELT THE IGLOO

Who has two thumbs and is getting wasted this weekend... this guy!!!

OZZ
12th May 10, 09:48 PM
How about those Habs !!
Philly forces a Game 7 - trying to make history on Friday..don't miss it!!

OZZ
12th May 10, 09:55 PM
Oh yeah, and Chara taking a dive when a little guy like Danny Briere gives him a shove is downright disgusting. I am really starting to dislike that big oaf..

KO'd N DOA
13th May 10, 08:53 AM
Excuse mi pour mine sloppy ritting skiilzz - I iz drank with my team habbing winzies!!!

Okay I don't do the drunk stick very well. Gave 7 was not a gimme, not even close. !!And only 32 arrested for looting and violence!!

Ozz is gonna get his Philly vs Habs Wales Conference Finals!!!!!

Feryk
13th May 10, 02:28 PM
YOUUUUU GOTTTA BEEEELIEEEEVEEE!!!!!

The Habs have just tipped the two best teams in the league. Here's hoping they can keep it rolling. I'm very happy to see Hal Gill smothering both Ovechkin and Crosby. He's been a very solid defenseman his entire career, it's nice to see him have such a great playoff.

KO'd N DOA
13th May 10, 03:00 PM
Yes, Gill,

With those 52 stitches and staples in his leg, is back. Looked bad out there, but dude was like Godzilla when his stick broke and he started wrastling and got that penelty throwing them around. Dude is strong.

OZZ
14th May 10, 10:26 PM
Philly just made history baby !!
Just the third NHL team all time to come back from a 3-0 deficit and win a series with 4 straight victories !!
Its HABS - PHILLY for the East !!
Hate to cheer against Canada's team, but if they do happen to beat the Flyers I will be cheering for them in the cup final.
Montreal will find it different playing against a big, hard hitting team instead of the offensive dynamos they have been facing the first two rounds..BUT, Montreal has a huge advantage in goal with Halak.
It should be interesting, to say the least.

In the West - I like Chicago.Kane and Toews are rockin' right now..

KO'd N DOA
17th May 10, 08:45 AM
That was not interesting after 5 minutes.

OZZ
18th May 10, 09:46 PM
Nice to go to the BellCentre up 2 games..Montreal will win one for the fans, but they can't handle Philly's size.Apparently they can't score either..2 straight shutouts? Ouch..

OZZ
18th May 10, 09:49 PM
That was not interesting after 5 minutes.

Its extremely interesting if its your team and you can see the momentum its giving them now. They could be playing for the Cup and they were supposed to be done.

KO'd N DOA
19th May 10, 09:01 AM
Team ranked #7 is beating team ranked #8. That in itself must be causing bewilderment to all the other teams.

Oh ya. Philly will so throw a game so they can win at home. Count on it. But Halak facing elimination has an impressive playoff record, so perhaps he is just making it interesting.

George Laroque is not on the team, but at every commercial break, pawning off some sort of cell phone start up company. See bellow. It is brilliant, because you hear guys saying, we could have thrown him out to bounce people around. Most people forgot that we let him go just after the Haitian earthquake. It is the idea of George (when he was a grinder fighter), not George himself that inspires gossip, and all because of the commercial

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=RRvReWD0XrM

OZZ
25th May 10, 12:42 PM
Philly VS Chicago for the Cup..their cup droughts are 35 and 49 years respectively..
I am looking forward to a great series. It should be fast, hard hitting and intense. I have read alot of opinions regarding this series and many seem to think the Hawks will win handily.Not sure why people think it is going to be so lopsided.Yes, the Western Conference is much more competitive and it is harder to qualify for the post season, yes the Blackhawks finished the regular season with many more points than the Flyers did..but we all know that the regular season counts for next to nothing in the post-season. In fact, the one game that these two teams played against each other during the season resulted in a Flyers victory..so what!!
The fact is, the Flyers are going to be considered underdogs in this series and that is a good thing from my perspective. The Hawks can have the pressure of being the favorites..and as far as this BUFFY THE IMAGINARY HOCKEY PLAYER guy goes, he won't seem so great with Pronger in his face. Mike Richards is the best two-way player on either team ..yes, Toews is great and he is going to be a force.I actually really like that kid..can't say the same for Patrick Kane though, don't like his arrogance (plus he's american, ha ha).As far as firepower goes, these teams are pretty evenly matched with a healthy Carter back in (with an extra week to rest his foot) and Mike Richards, Gagne, Briere along with contributions from Niemmi, Asham, Giroux (clutch performer) and Van Riemsdyk they match up quite well with Chicago's Toews, Kane, Bolland, Hossa (choke!), Sharp and BUFFY..
The Chicago D is more mobile and more of an offensive threat than Philly's, Duncan Kieth and Seabrook are both dangerous and the Flyers will have to be certain to take away the shooting lanes and be ready to block shots. In front of the net ,Philly's top 4 are harder to play against. Timmonen is underrated and plays bigger than his size. People think Pronger will lose his cool against BUFFY , but this isn't the 25 year-old Pronger who played for the Blues..this is the 35 year old veteran Pronger.I don't think taking numerous undisciplined penalties will be an issue. If I were him, I would give BUFFY a nice hard elbow to the chops in the first game to send a message and if neccessary, drop the gloves with him to show him who's boss in the Flyers crease.
Goaltending: Neither Niemi or Leighton are a sure bet..both are playing above their capabilities right now and whoever caves first will be a huge factor in deciding this series...
Too bad the NHL is stupid enought to wait almost an entire week to start the Finals..talk about killing momentum and fan base. All the casual American fans will be engrossed in their Baseball by next weekend. I guess its nice for the Players to get a rest though..
Anyways..GO FLYERS !! I will wait until I see the first game to make a prediction..

Ajamil
25th May 10, 04:32 PM
When can we start making Blackhawk Down jokes? And when is the Stanley Cup? I watch the Superbowl, might as well watch this too.

OZZ
25th May 10, 08:04 PM
When can we start making Blackhawk Down jokes? And when is the Stanley Cup? I watch the Superbowl, might as well watch this too.

Game 1 is on Saturday night at 7. The league was stupid and held off until the weekend to start...

Ajamil
25th May 10, 08:18 PM
Game 1? So it's like the World Series? How many games are possible?

OZZ
25th May 10, 09:34 PM
Game 1? So it's like the World Series? How many games are possible?

UP to 7 games..its best 4 out of 7.Some people are thinking the Hawks will take it in 4 or 5 .I am hoping for a Philly victory in 6.

KO'd N DOA
25th May 10, 11:24 PM
I now will cheer for Philly - cause I like what they have done with steak and cheese, not because of the hockey team. Well Richards I have always liked the way he hits.

Oh, and could somebody out there teach them how to sing 'Ole'. The Philly fans rendition of it was worse than my team played. Horrible!!

Philll ....eeyyyyeee works fine, why switch to a european soccar song, just cause we do in montreal

OZZ
4th June 10, 02:47 PM
Tonight's game could well decide the series..I hope the Flyers can tie this series up and force the young hawks to be under tremendous pressure when they return to Chicago for the next game.

KO'd N DOA
4th June 10, 03:00 PM
Ya, but I want them to win 3 straight. My Playoff beard is starting to chaff in this heat, its gotta go.

Been close, good grinding hockey the parts of the games I've watched. Well called Ozz...it is a good match up.

OZZ
4th June 10, 10:39 PM
You grew a beard in the spring? Man, I grow mine in November and get rid of it in April..
Its nice to see more of the players doing the playoff beard thing , it kind of seemed like it was dying out there for a while.
Philly almost cost themselves that one at the end with some stupid penalties and a bad deflection..but justice is served in the end.Leighton was pretty good, I have to give him credit because I really was one of the people who though Boucher should have been in the net.I still think he is the better goalie (Boucher) but Leighton has held the fort and seems very calm out there.
I have been posting a lot over on the TSN forums since the playoffs started.and I can't get over the stupidity of some of these Hawks fans.From the way they post, you can tell they are mostly 20 year old bandwagoners who really don't know the game.Before the series began they were so cocky, telling everyone how Chicago was going to sweep the 'inferior' Flyers.You would have to be a very unseasoned, less knowledgable fan to not see how evenly these teams matched up.
If the Flyers win Game 5 in Chicago then they will take it in 6 at home.If the Hawks happen to win game 5 - Philly will still manage to win Game 6 and 7.. somehow.They just refuse to go away and now that Richards has gotten his game back a bit in this series, it will be different in the Windy City on Sunday -much different than it was last week when the Blackhawks squeaked out 1 goal wins in the first two contests.
GO FLYERS !!

KO'd N DOA
9th June 10, 10:55 AM
Shaved the beard, but am pretty excited about 'Chrissy Pronger' issues in Chicago. They have kicked the wrong bear.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__65/ept_sports_nhl_experts-718305860-1276014780.jpg?ym8SARDDb.H.w56j

Will this affect the game and series?

OZZ
9th June 10, 12:54 PM
Shaved the beard, but am pretty excited about 'Chrissy Pronger' issues in Chicago. They have kicked the wrong bear.

http://a323.yahoofs.com/ymg/ept_sports_nhl_experts__65/ept_sports_nhl_experts-718305860-1276014780.jpg?ym8SARDDb.H.w56j

Will this affect the game and series?

That picture was ridiculous and all it will do is inspire Pronger to play the best he can. He has purposefully tried to deflect attention away from the younger Captain of the team (Richards) to ease the pressure on him and it has worked very well.Same thing with the puck fiasco..its all about distracting the media and the opposition.
If the Flyers come back and win this series it will be very sweet for Pronger after enduring the criticism for game 5 .
I am surprised the paper printed that picture..its not even a tabloid either its actually one of the more conservative newspapers in Illinois.

Kein Haar
10th June 10, 01:07 AM
Hawks win.

Canadians and Philadelphians can suckle the stiff log inching out my turd-cutter.

KO'd N DOA
10th June 10, 09:47 AM
Kein Haar,

Thank you for that rather 'eloquent' and 'insightful' thread killer.

You should get that issue checked out, sounds like prostate, but it could be diet. Fruit and water are your friend, and lay off the all night frolicking in the park....K?

OZZ
10th June 10, 12:14 PM
Its not a thread killer..its the type of post you just ignore from a goof who doesn't have any class.Or knowledge of the game, I'm guessing...
The last goal was so weak ..they teach you in pee wee hockey to keep your stick on the ice when you are covering the corner of the net.
Leighton blew it..
Hawks are a great young team. Too bad so many of their fans are young, bandwagon idiots. BUt I am glad that franchise has turned itself around.
Flyers had a hell of a run.

KO'd N DOA
10th June 10, 12:43 PM
Yes sir...yes they did.

Till next year then.