PDA

View Full Version : MOAR BOOTS

TheMightyMcClaw
27th December 09, 12:20 AM
A while back, I realized that my ren faire boots had fallen behind my regular combat boots in terms of coolness and amount of work I'd put into them. I set out to change that.
And how should I change that? Why, buckles and straps, of course.
http://th03.deviantart.net/fs71/300W/i/2009/360/2/c/Ren_Faire_Boots_by_MetalArtisan.jpg
Those three rows of straps are my own addition to them. The straps are held on via belt loops riveted to the back of the calf of the boot; both said straps and loops are made from scrap leather harvested from cheap belts at the Salvation Army, cut to size and redyed.
I specifically have my Red Mage costume and my Ren Faire costume in mind for these. In order to better match said ren faire costume, I'm in the midst of making a pair of scale mail greaves that I'll be able to put over the boots. I'll have pictures of those up when they're done.

jubei33
27th December 09, 02:56 AM
needs moar boot knife

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th December 09, 04:34 AM
You wanna make me a leather jacket?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th December 09, 05:00 AM
but seriously thanks for making me not want any combat boots anymore
these were in danger of taking all my money
http://www.ssense.com/photos/9357M1006_2_2.jpg

Lights Out
27th December 09, 06:00 AM
What's wrong with combat boots?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th December 09, 06:16 AM
a guy in lace up leather stockings wears them too, is about where i draw the line

Lights Out
27th December 09, 06:32 AM
a guy in lace up leather stockings wears them too, is about where i draw the line

By that reasoning you shouldn't wear denim beacause Jeremy Clarkson.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th December 09, 06:36 AM
you ever get the shit beat out of you for being a jackass?

Lights Out
27th December 09, 06:45 AM
you ever get the shit beat out of you for being a jackass?

Funny, my boss says that to me at least once a day.

Anyway, hit some soft spot there?

Just remmember next time you're wearing a vintage denim shirt you bought on ebay, that somewhere on England, Jeremy Clarkson is probably wearing the same outfit as you.

TheMightyMcClaw
27th December 09, 11:33 AM
needs moar boot knife

Brilliant! I owe you +rep.
I have some Tibetan daggers that will work perfectly for this.

TheMightyMcClaw
27th December 09, 11:37 AM
You wanna make me a leather jacket? Depends; what sort of jacket are we talking about?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th December 09, 03:13 PM
perfecto or bondage

TheMightyMcClaw
27th December 09, 03:21 PM
I don't own a leather sewing machine, so making full garments from scratch is beyond my current abilities. Thus why I mostly take pre-existing pieces of clothing and modify them.
Is Bondage a brand, or are you looking for BDSM gear?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th December 09, 03:55 PM
the bondage jacket is for me, but not really for me, do you understand?

Lights Out
27th December 09, 06:08 PM
I don't own a leather sewing machine, so making full garments from scratch is beyond my current abilities. Thus why I mostly take pre-existing pieces of clothing and modify them.

Well, if you ever get one, let us know.

I've always wanted a custom-made leather jacket.

jvjim
18th January 10, 12:00 PM
When I'm a millionaire playboy, I'm commissioning McClaw to make me a post-apocalyptic gi and a set of heavily modified Goretex motorcycle gear.