PDA

View Full Version : Gladiator Sandals

TheMightyMcClaw
4th December 09, 03:46 PM
http://th04.deviantart.net/fs50/300W/i/2009/338/7/3/Sandals___Closeup_by_MetalArtisan.jpgAs most of you should know by now, I have a decent sized collection of big fuck-off boots that I wear in the winter. Now, the problem is, once summer comes around it becomes altogether too hot to wear big fuck-off boots anymore. My solution? Big fuck-off sandals.

I just finished these earlier today, just in time for the first snow fall of the year.
For the base, I used a pair of Doc Marten's that I got on eBay. I figured that my feet would thank me in the long run for using a contemporary vibram sole instead of something I chopped together out of leather. Maybe next time.
The upper portions are all original, hand-made by me. I've been wanting to get into leatherworking for a while, and these were my first project.
The lion decals are buttons (also courtesy of eBay) that have been punched into the leather and glued in place.
Now that I've finished these, I already have plans in mind for not one, but THREE more pairs of knee-high sandals, all in different designs.

Spade: The Real Snake
4th December 09, 03:53 PM
http://www.hipgirlie.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/07/chanel_knee_high_gladiator_sandals.jpg

meataxe
4th December 09, 04:28 PM
^^^^ Sandwiches stat!!!

Spade: The Real Snake
4th December 09, 04:43 PM
^^^^ Sandwiches stat!!!

For both her and McClown the Lighty

TheMightyMcClaw
4th December 09, 05:27 PM
For both her and McClown the Lighty

Hey, I've put on six pounds in the past two months. That's like light-speed weight gain for me.

Ajamil
5th December 09, 02:57 AM
While it was a joke, take note of the side straps holding the back of the sole to the foot. Yours is only attached on the top straps, and those Doc Martens are a heavy sandal.

TheMightyMcClaw
5th December 09, 11:00 AM
While it was a joke, take note of the side straps holding the back of the sole to the foot. Yours is only attached on the top straps, and those Doc Martens are a heavy sandal.

There is a strap that runs behind the heel that was part of the original sandal. They stay on quite well.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
5th December 09, 03:42 PM
this is pretty much cross-dressing dude
get desert boots for summertime bootness, the design is open and breathes like a champ

TheMightyMcClaw
6th December 09, 12:12 AM
this is pretty much cross-dressing dude
get desert boots for summertime bootness, the design is open and breathes like a champ

Boots + shorts = no.
You should know this.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
7th December 09, 08:43 AM
Boots + shorts = no.
You should know this.

Desert boots look pretty good with shorts. It's how they were originally worn, by British heroes fighting back the Nazis in North Africa. Better than girl's sandals.

TheMightyMcClaw
7th December 09, 05:17 PM
I've started making another pair of sandals....
Out of scale mail.