PDA

View Full Version : i need recepies from around the world!

Lebell
1st December 09, 04:38 AM
guys, i need to cook something new!
its winter over here so bare that in mind and also it should be easy and fast to make.
in this thread we will share the vast wealtgh of our local specialities and exchange cooking tips and stuff.

nihilist
1st December 09, 04:44 AM
Shit on a shingle.

Lebell
1st December 09, 04:47 AM
serious recepies only.
like for example kangaroo or ostrich meat recepies from the australian members, cajun/americana recepies from the american members etc.

nihilist
1st December 09, 04:51 AM
It is a serious recipe, dumb-ass.
http://www.familycookbookproject.com/view_recipesite.asp?rid=183714&uid=3645&sid=8083
http://www.bakespace.com/recipes/detail/Shit-on-a-shingle/1555/

socratic
1st December 09, 04:53 AM
Kangaroo steak:

Cook it like you would any other steak, except probably go with the 'seal the sides then put in the oven' method. Flavour as necessary.

Damper (an old-school Aussie bread, usually made in the form of a hideous wad): http://www.taste.com.au/recipes/12308/damper

Aussie Christmas Pudding (think British fruit cake but better 'cause it's Aussie):

http://www.worldofchristmas.net/christmas-recipes/christmas-desserts/australian-pudding.html

I suspect this isn't the same kind of recipe our family uses. My grandmother (depression-era country Australian, so about as Aussie as you can get) used to I think boil them in a bag (and then store them in the bag). I seem to remember she used rum instead of brandy but I could be wrong.

socratic
1st December 09, 04:54 AM
Taste.com.au is a pretty solid recipe website that my old man uses a lot. Search it for "Australian" and I'm sure you'll get a bunch of things. Do you want to know how to make Pavlova and Lamingtons and/or sausage rolls? (Note: If you're a New Zealander, screw you, we totally invented Pavlova!!!!!/Nationalist Australian)

nihilist
1st December 09, 05:00 AM
"Pillows Of Death"

Open 1 can of Ravioli
Throw onto a red hot skillet and char the edges.
Serve cold.

Lebell
1st December 09, 05:04 AM
reese i hope your wife cooks for you dude...

im trying to come up with some original dutch recepies.

nihilist
1st December 09, 05:07 AM
Have you tried Spam Sushi?

socratic
1st December 09, 05:08 AM
There's a wide range of "Dutch Imports" biscuits at the local shopping hole. They're pretty good. I think they're actually made in Holland too.

Give us some recipes of those. Biscuits and shit like that. I bet your savoury food is crap.

nihilist
1st December 09, 05:14 AM
Here's some delish favorites fron the good ol US of A:

Spam Fondue

One can of (Original) style Spam
One brick of Velveeta Cheese (Regular) Style
Coleman two burner camp stove
One empty Folgers coffee can
Two wire coat hangers

Place Velveeta in coffee can and melt slowly.
Straighten coat hangers and cut each in half to make four skewers.
Stir Velveeta.
Cube Spam into half inch squares.
Stir Velveeta.
Turn Coleman stove to low.
Gather around the Coleman.
Skewer individual chunks of Spam and dip in melted Velveeta.
Serves four or more... depending.
Goes nicely with Budweiser.

Bologna Cake

1 1/2 lb. bologna
2 (8 oz.) pkg. cream cheese

Get 1 1/2 pounds bologna sliced 1/2-inch thick. Take 1 piece of bologna and cover with a layer of cream cheese, lay another piece of bologna on top of first piece. Then cover second piece with cream cheese, continue to do this until all 1 1/2 pounds are layered in the form of a cake. Then take remaining cream cheese and cover top and sides, just like you were icing a cake. Chill, slice and serve with crackers or chips.

Bologna Roll-ups

You can substitute sliced ham for the bologna.

6 to 8 slices bologna
8 oz. cream cheese, softened
Long, thin dill pickle sticks

Spread bologna slices with cream cheese. Put pickle near one end and roll bologna around the pickle. Use toothpicks, if needed, to keep it rolled. Slice a half-inch thick and serve. I love these!

Disa's Flying Saucers

Bologna
Mashed potatoes
Cheese Slices

Place bologna on cookie sheet and put in oven until bologna makes cup. Take out, fill with mashed potatoes and top with cheese. Return to oven until cheese melts.

TATER TOT CASSEROLE

1 can cream of mushroom soup
1 bag tater tots
shredded cheese
1 lb of ground hamburger meat
serves: 6 or 7

Brown hamburger meat. Add cream of mushroom soup and stir together continuously.
Let simmer on low heat for 15 minutes.

Place mixture in the bottom of a casserole dish. Lay tater tots neatly on top of the mixture.

Place in oven on 350' and let the tater tots brown.

Sprinkle with cheese; melt it in the oven and ENJOY!

nihilist
1st December 09, 05:22 AM
BASASHI:

Restaurant Style Sesame Seed Hamburger Buns
1 LB Ground Horse Meat
Mayonnaise
Fresh Sliced Mushrooms
Slices of Swiss Cheese
1 Onion
1/2 LB Bacon
A1 Steak Sauce
Lee Pearson's Worshire Sauce
Lettuce
Tomato Slices

Directions:
1-Lightly Toast Burger Buns.
2-Place Meat In Large Mixing Bowl.
3-Cut Onion In 1/2
4-Take one half of onion and chop finely.
5-Place Chopped Onion in Mixing Bowl with Horse Meat.
6-Take other half of onion and Slice Onion Slices.
7-Take 1/2 Cup Of Lee Pearson Worshire Sauce A Place In Mixing Bowl.
8-Knead, and Mix Meat, Onion, & Sauce.
9-Form Medium Thickness Horse Meat Patties Out Of Mixture & Cook.
10-Saute' Onion Slices & Mushrooms On Stove Top.
11-Place Meat Patties On Bun & Top With Onion Slices, & Other Ingredients.
12-Top inside of bun with mayonnaise, and A1 sauce.

Lebell
1st December 09, 05:27 AM
There's a wide range of "Dutch Imports" biscuits at the local shopping hole. They're pretty good. I think they're actually made in Holland too.

Give us some recipes of those. Biscuits and shit like that. I bet your savoury food is crap.

ill try to see if i can find it.
usually holland makes better pastry then it can cook.
we're not exactly known for our cuisine.
but cookies and cakes n stuff we do make.

tom.f
1st December 09, 10:57 AM
Take two freshly skinned baby harp seals and brown on both sides in a skillet. Boil two baby pandas for 30 minutes. Stuff harp seals in baby pandas and bake at 325 degrees for 3.5 hours. Baste with olive oil a couple of times while baking. Let cool for 15 minutes before slicing.

nihilist
1st December 09, 11:50 AM
Olive oil?
Nay.

You must use the fat of 100 Spotted Owls.

Adouglasmhor
1st December 09, 02:32 PM
deep fried mars bar

Ingredients

* 1 Mars bar or Milky Way bar
* 1 cup plain flour
* 1/2 cup cornflour
* 1 pinch baking soda
* milk or beer
* oil (for deep frying)

Directions

Chill the chocolate bar by keeping it in the fridge, but don't freeze it.

Mix the flours and bicarbonate of soda (baking soda) together.

Add milk (traditional) or beer (which gives a lighter result) until you get a batter with the consistency of thin cream.

Heat the oil until a small piece of bread will brown in a few seconds, but don't allow to smoke.

Remove wrapper from chilled chocolate bar.

Coat completely in batter.

Carefully lower into hot oil and fry until golden brown

Serve, with ice cream or chips (french fries) if you're so inclined.

Lebell
1st December 09, 03:45 PM
oh for fucks sake...thats disgusting.

Adouglasmhor
1st December 09, 03:48 PM
I presume so I have never tasted one. It's just as bad as the chocolate and flavoured waffles your countrymen have.

MSphinx
1st December 09, 03:52 PM
http://digitalheadbutt.files.wordpress.com/2007/10/deep_fried_coke.jpg

Deep-fried Coke

INGREDIENTS

1 teaspoon baking powder
2 eggs
1 1/2 cups Coke
Whipped cream
Maraschino cherries

DIRECTIONS
Mix together flour and baking powder. Add eggs and Coke and mix until a batter is formed. Pour 1/3 cup batter into a funnel, dropper or turkey baster and pour into a skillet filled with oil. Fry for a minute on each side.

Serve warm, garnished with whipped cream and a maraschino cherry.

Harpy
1st December 09, 03:57 PM
Go through a McDonald's drive through.

meataxe
1st December 09, 03:59 PM
I think this is what Lebel was asking for... http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54253

Robot Jesus
1st December 09, 04:55 PM
Poutine

cheese curds and fries covered in gravy

the fries must not become soggy or all is lost

can be topped with anything from sausage to foie gras; the only trick is that the toppings go under the gravy.

serve with beer no weaker then 9%

nihilist
1st December 09, 10:16 PM
Go through a McDonald's drive through.If you want him to be bulimic, just show him your crotch.

nihilist
1st December 09, 10:17 PM
I think this is what Lebel was asking for... http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=54253

No dummy, remember he wants to try something different.

Robot Jesus
2nd December 09, 12:27 AM
one of my better ones

awsome duck breast

maranate duck breasts in

1/4 cup salt
2 cups OJ
4 cloves of garlic(crushed)
bunch a herbs (what ever you can get fresh, roasemary works well)
bunch a pepper

2 to 4 hours
this is strong mojo, don't over do it.

score the skin and cook over medium heat on skin side, then turning it up to high to finish on meat side.

remaining fat can be used to fry potatoes or cook greens, or if you boil then fry then roast the potatoes,bolth

Kiko
2nd December 09, 07:04 AM
This thread makes you less right, Lebell. Look in the rest of the folder, ya dope!

Cullion
2nd December 09, 07:27 PM
Irish Stew.

This is not a super-traditional Irish stew, this is just how I make it. The ingredients makes enough for 2 adults and 2 kids to feel really full.

2 slices of smoked back bacon.

1 kg of cheap cuts of lamb on the bone (traditional irish stew uses mutton, but it's hard to find in supermarkets these days).

2 large white onions.

4 large carrots.

1 kg of floury potatoes, peeled. (I used the 'King Edward' variety because they're easy to find where I live).

4 big leeks.

1 bay leaf.

Bunch of Thyme.

A really big bunch of curly-leaf Parsley.

1 cup of barley.

Salt and Pepper.

Cut up the smoked bacon into small bits and drop it into a hot cooking pot. No extra oil needed. Keep stirring it so it doesn't burn. Once it starts to look cooked (but before it goes crispy) throw the cheap lamb in and stir that around until it's brown and you can smell lamb and smokey bacon.

Cut the carrots into quarters lengthways, and then cut them in halves or thirds and throw them in.

Cut the onions in quarters and throw them in.

Stir it all around for another minute, then pour just enough boiling water from a kettle to just cover everything.

Chop up the thyme, throw it in. Put the bayleaf in. Throw the barley in.

Peel the potatoes and cut them up. Not too thin. The same size you'd cut them if you were going to roast them.

Cut the leeks into 1-inch disks and throw away the leaves and root-end.

After the lamb, bacon, carrots, onion, herbs have been on a low boil (with the lid on) for 1 hour, throw the potatoes and leeks in. Season the stew with salt and pepper.

After another 45 minutes, put shitloads of chopped up parsley in and put the lid back on.

Serve it after another 15 minutes.

It won't look too pretty, probably look something like this but with the meat on the bone instead of in neat little chunks, but it will taste good on a cold night:-

http://www.acefitness.org/healthyrecipes/images/large/ML5103.JPG

Lebell
3rd December 09, 07:06 AM
oh great, now im hungry.
you cant get a good piece of bacon over here.
fucking suxorz.

Robot Jesus
3rd December 09, 11:49 AM
I\m currently toying with the idea of makeing my own dry cured bacon. the main issue in building the smokehouse, since I dont want to get eviceted I need to convice my parents to let me do it at their place, and I need to find a few boxes the right size.

Adouglasmhor
3rd December 09, 06:23 PM
Irish Stew.

This is not a super-traditional Irish stew, this is just how I make it. The ingredients makes enough for 2 adults and 2 kids to feel really full.

2 slices of smoked back bacon.

1 kg of cheap cuts of lamb on the bone (traditional irish stew uses mutton, but it's hard to find in supermarkets these days).

2 large white onions.

4 large carrots.

1 kg of floury potatoes, peeled. (I used the 'King Edward' variety because they're easy to find where I live).

4 big leeks.

1 bay leaf.

Bunch of Thyme.

A really big bunch of curly-leaf Parsley.

1 cup of barley.

Salt and Pepper.

Cut up the smoked bacon into small bits and drop it into a hot cooking pot. No extra oil needed. Keep stirring it so it doesn't burn. Once it starts to look cooked (but before it goes crispy) throw the cheap lamb in and stir that around until it's brown and you can smell lamb and smokey bacon.

Cut the carrots into quarters lengthways, and then cut them in halves or thirds and throw them in.

Cut the onions in quarters and throw them in.

Stir it all around for another minute, then pour just enough boiling water from a kettle to just cover everything.

Chop up the thyme, throw it in. Put the bayleaf in. Throw the barley in.

Peel the potatoes and cut them up. Not too thin. The same size you'd cut them if you were going to roast them.

Cut the leeks into 1-inch disks and throw away the leaves and root-end.

After the lamb, bacon, carrots, onion, herbs have been on a low boil (with the lid on) for 1 hour, throw the potatoes and leeks in. Season the stew with salt and pepper.

After another 45 minutes, put shitloads of chopped up parsley in and put the lid back on.

Serve it after another 15 minutes.

It won't look too pretty, probably look something like this but with the meat on the bone instead of in neat little chunks, but it will taste good on a cold night:-

http://www.acefitness.org/healthyrecipes/images/large/ML5103.JPG

To make it traditional leave out the spuds and serve them on the side with cabbage. Irish people usually don't put spuds in the Irish stew.

Spade: The Real Snake
3rd December 09, 06:37 PM
Rattlesnake Chili

1 large onion, chopped

3 large garlic cloves, minced

1 red bell pepper, chopped

3 jalapeno peppers, chopped

1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes

1 15 oz. can tomato paste

1 28 oz. can chili beans

1/4 cup chili powder

2 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. black pepper

2 lb. rattlesnake meat

juice from 1/2 lemon

Simmer rattlesnake in water and lemon juice for 1 hour, remove and separate meat from bones.

Combine de-boned meat with the rest of the ingredients in a crockpot and slow-cook for 6-8 hours, or bring to boil in large cooking pot and simmer for 2 hours.

Robot Jesus
3rd December 09, 07:21 PM
have you tried to sear the snake meat before you boil it?

Cullion
3rd December 09, 08:30 PM
To make it traditional leave out the spuds and serve them on the side with cabbage. Irish people usually don't put spuds in the Irish stew.

Oh great, now we have to fuck up Lebell's thread with a 'what is t3h real Irish stew' debate.

Ok.

My mum is Irish raised in Dublin (born 1936). Her irish stew didn't have barley or bacon in it, and had chives (when they could get them out of the back garden) instead of Thyme. There were no leaks in it either, and there was a lot more onion, cut up smaller than quarters.

Now, your Irish other-half might do it different, but my mother is older than her, so she wins on the traditional front.

I don't do it my mother's way. This is my Irish stew, and I will defend it.

You want it Traditional traditional?

Cook it like a fucking broke mick 200 years ago.

Mutton, onions, potatoes, whatever green herbs you can find in your window box or garden (probably supposed to have Parsley in there). Nothing else. Cook it for 6 hours whilst drinking and beating your children. Done.

socratic
3rd December 09, 11:15 PM
If your mother was born in 1936 and had you at age 15 as you so claimed previously, that'd make you 58 years old.

You previously claimed to be 34 if memory serves.

Harpy
3rd December 09, 11:26 PM
socratic, you're on the stupid train today...you have no idea.

socratic
3rd December 09, 11:34 PM
1936 + 15 + 34 = 1985.
You couldn't possibly be suggesting that I've gotten something wrong, could you? I never do that. Ever. Never ever.

Being 58 would explain why Cullion is so ornery all the damn time.

socratic
3rd December 09, 11:35 PM
Unless it's really 1985 and my family just switched up the callendars to play a joke on me.

nihilist
4th December 09, 01:04 AM
socratic, you're on the stupid train today...you have no idea.

Just use your ass to check him off.

Harpy
4th December 09, 01:08 AM
Done and done.

Lebell
4th December 09, 08:03 AM

Mutton, onions, potatoes, whatever green herbs you can find in your window box or garden (probably supposed to have Parsley in there). Nothing else. Cook it for 6 hours whilst drinking and beating your children. Done.

Let's say i would come over for dinner at your place and i dont have any children of my own, is it okay for me to beat yours instead, or do i just sit watch and laugh?

Cullion
4th December 09, 01:27 PM
1936 + 15 + 34 = 1985.
You couldn't possibly be suggesting that I've gotten something wrong, could you? I never do that. Ever. Never ever.

Being 58 would explain why Cullion is so ornery all the damn time.

You forgot that I have 2 mothers. The one who gave birth, and the one who raised me. The one who raised me was born in 1936 in Dublin. The one who gave birth was born in the UK to an Irish family.

Lebell
4th December 09, 01:45 PM
You forgot that I have 2 mothers. The one who gave birth, and the one who raised me. The one who raised me was born in 1936 in Dublin. The one who gave birth was born in the UK to an Irish family.

I knew you irish people are freaks!
the mother who gave birth to me was the same one that raised me, much more efficient, so my dad has only one wife to suffer the bitching andnagging from and only one mother in law to worry about.

what is wrong with you people...

Cullion
4th December 09, 03:22 PM
Let's say i would come over for dinner at your place and i dont have any children of my own, is it okay for me to beat yours instead, or do i just sit watch and laugh?

You can watch and laugh after you've brought me something to drink and helped peel the potatoes.

Lebell
4th December 09, 03:23 PM
You can watch and laugh after you've brought me something to drink and helped peel the potatoes.

ehr...i was under the impression you have a wife?

4th December 09, 03:28 PM
ehr...i was under the impression you have a wife?
On the night you visit, he will have a pair.

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 03:35 PM
Oh great, now we have to fuck up Lebell's thread with a 'what is t3h real Irish stew' debate.

Ok.

My mum is Irish raised in Dublin (born 1936). Her irish stew didn't have barley or bacon in it, and had chives (when they could get them out of the back garden) instead of Thyme. There were no leaks in it either, and there was a lot more onion, cut up smaller than quarters.

Now, your Irish other-half might do it different, but my mother is older than her, so she wins on the traditional front.

I don't do it my mother's way. This is my Irish stew, and I will defend it.

You want it Traditional traditional?

It was only a sugestion, nothing wrong with yours, the one I posted was different, It was aunty Christina's and she is 82 and used to be a kitchen manager at Dublin catering college. She still bakes Xmas cakes around thsi time of year and takes them up to the church "for the old people". She also remebers watching General McKeon march his troops into Collins barracks for the handover from the British Army.
My mum put spuds in as well but her family has connections to Belfast and were proddies.

Broke mick version, lebel won't be able to do it, they don't have hedgehogs in the Netherlands because they fall into the canals and drown.

Sorry if it pissed you off but it's only the internetz.

ps my Irish missus is a Vegan so no Irish stew for me.

Cullion
4th December 09, 03:38 PM
No it's fine Doug. I often use mock anger when I post.

I hope that missus is good in bed, because 'no meat bcos of the fluffy animals' would grate pretty quick.

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 03:40 PM
PS remember Jackeens are different from Culshies

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 03:42 PM
No it's fine Doug. I often use mock anger when I post.

I hope that missus is good in bed, because 'no meat bcos of the fluffy animals' would grate pretty quick.

I fell for it this time. I was veggie when we started going out, now I am a flexitarian. Often veggie or fish but not a cunt about it.

Lebell
4th December 09, 03:43 PM
there are hedgehogs over here you ignorant skirtwearing fa...scotsman!

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 03:44 PM
Partan Bree

Ingredients:
1 large cooked crab
2 oz (50g or cup) rice
1 pint (600ml or 2 cups) milk
1 pint (600ml or 2 cups) liquor from boiling the crab
pint (125ml or cup) single cream
Salt and pepper
Finely chopped chives

Method:
Remove all the meat from the crab, keeping the claw meat separate. Cook the rice in a pan with the milk and water until tender. Liquidise this with the brown body meat from the crab. Add the white meat and cream and reheat. Add salt and pepper to taste. If the partan bree is too thick, you can add some more milk if required. Serve garnished with fresh, green, finely chopped chives.

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 03:46 PM
there are hedgehogs over here you ignorant skirtwearing fa...scotsman!

I don't believe you, even if it was not for the canals your gyppo GF and her family would have scoffed them all.

But to bake one properly encase it in clay mud and bake slowly in hte embers of a fre. Than the spines come of when you crack of the mud.

Lebell
4th December 09, 03:47 PM
I don't believe you, even if it was not for the canals your gyppo GF and her family would have scoffed them all.

But to bake one properly encase it in clay mud and bake slowly in hte embers of a fre. Than the spines come of when you crack of the mud.

we broke up some month ago.
BUT THANKS FOR REMINDING ME.
eventhough she annoyed the shit outta me with her gippotricks i sorta cared for her.
and great pussy too.
anyway, i wouldnt eat a hedgehog cos they eat disgusting things.

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 03:51 PM
Have you seen what pigs eat?

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 03:51 PM
Doughnuts

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 03:55 PM
Honey and Lemon Chicken

Ingredients:
4 chicken pieces
2 ounces (60g or stick) butter
4 tablespoons clear honey
2-3 tablespoons lemon juice
4 sprigs fresh rosemary

Method:
Heat the butter in a frying pan and brown the chicken on all sides. Transfer to a lidded casserole.
Boil the honey, lemon juice and rosemary in the frying pan for a few minutes and then pour over the chicken. Cover the casserole and cook in a pre-heated oven at 375F/190C/Gas Mark 5 for 20 minutes.

an ounce is 28g

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 04:00 PM
Het Pint

Old fashioned new year drink from east of Scotland

Ingredients:
4 pints mild ale/beer
nutmeg
3 eggs
sugar to taste
1/2 pint whisky

Method:
Grind nutmeg into ale and bring to the point of boiling. Mix in the sugar (already dissolved in some cold ale) and eggs, taking care that they do not curdle. Pour in the whisky and bring the mixture nearly to boil. Then pour it briskly from one pot to another until the liquid becomes smooth and bright.

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 04:03 PM
- Scotch Broth

Mutton was a frequent ingredient in Scottish meals and when Scotch Broth soup was being made, the mutton would often be used as the main course, rather than being chopped up and returned to the pot. The quantities noted below will make enough soup for six people. You can use a boiling fowl (old chicken ex layer usualy) instead of mutton, in which case it is called "Hen Broth".

Ingredients
1lb mutton or one-year-old neck of lamb
3 pints of water
1oz pearl barley and 2oz dried peas, soaked overnight
A large carrot a large onion, a small leek (all sliced), a small diced turnip and 4oz shredded cabbage
1 level tablespoon of chopped parsley

Method
Trim any excess fat from the mutton and put in a large pan with the water, pearl barley, peas and seasoning. Bring to the boil and simmer for an hour.
Add the carrot, onion, leek and turnip, return to the boil and simmer for another 30 minutes or until the vegetables are just cooked. Add the cabbage and cook for another 15 minutes. Remove the mutton from the pot and trim off the meat (into small pieces if they are to be served with the soup) and return it to the pot, discarding the bone. Skim off any fat, season to taste and sprinkle parsley on the piping hot bowls of soup before serving.

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 04:05 PM
- Stovies

Ingredients:
4 oz cold, diced lamb (two-thirds of a cup)
1 lb potatoes, peeled and sliced. Some people use alternate thin and thicker slices - the thin ones then turn to mush.
1 (or two if you prefer) large onion, very thinly sliced.
1 level tablespoon good quality dripping (from meat or bacon). If dripping is not available, cooking oil will do (though not as good a flavour).
Stock or water
Salt and pepper, nutmeg or all-spice for seasoning
Chopped parsley or chives

Method:
Melt the dripping in a large pan (preferably with a tight fitting lid), add a layer of sliced potatoes, then a layer of onion and next a layer of meat. Add enough stock or water to cover (though some prefer their stovies dry, in which case add only 2-3 tablespoons). Then repeat the layers once again and season the dish thoroughly - in addition to salt and plenty pepper, add some nutmeg or all-spice).

Cover and cook over a low to moderate heat (shaking the pan occasionally) for about 30 minutes or until the potatoes are tender and the liquid is absorbed. Serve with a sprinkling of chopped parsley or chives (or chervil).

Adouglasmhor
4th December 09, 04:08 PM
Scotch Eggs

Here is a simple recipe for making a traditional Scottish dish which is still popular served either hot, or cold at picnics.

Ingredients:
1lb sausage meat
5 hard boiled eggs, with shells removed
1 large raw egg
3oz approx of dry breadcrumbs
Pinch of mace, salt, freshly ground pepper
Small quantity of flour

1 tablespoon water

Method:
Dust the hard boiled eggs in a little flour. Mix the mace, salt and pepper with the sausage meat and divide into five equal portions. Place on a floured surface. Wrap/mould the sausage meat round the egg, making sure there are no gaps. Beat the egg and water together and coat the meat-covered egg with this and then breadcrumbs (you may have to press the crumbs onto the meat). Deep fry in hot oil (360F/185C) taking care as you put the eggs into the oil. Cook for about 5/6 minutes. If you don't have a deep fat fryer, they can be cooked in oil in a frying pan, turning frequently to ensure the meat is fully cooked.
Drain and serve hot or allow to cool and keep in a refrigerator for a cold snack later.

I don't eat these very often but htey are good hot cut in half with pasta sauce over them.

socratic
5th December 09, 03:09 AM
You forgot that I have 2 mothers. The one who gave birth, and the one who raised me. The one who raised me was born in 1936 in Dublin. The one who gave birth was born in the UK to an Irish family.My bad, broski. You never mentioned that to me (or at least somewhere I was reading).

Cullion
5th December 09, 09:05 AM
Meh, it's not like I'm thin skinned about it.

socratic
5th December 09, 06:50 PM
Meh, it's not like I'm thin skinned about it.You always seem pissed off to me but then again you did admit you like to pretend for the lulz.

Cullion
5th December 09, 06:55 PM
The people who genuinely annoy me are the ones I don't reply to much.

Cullion
5th December 09, 08:29 PM
Rattlesnake Chili

1 large onion, chopped

3 large garlic cloves, minced

1 red bell pepper, chopped

3 jalapeno peppers, chopped

1 28 oz. can diced tomatoes

1 15 oz. can tomato paste

1 28 oz. can chili beans

1/4 cup chili powder

2 tsp. cumin

1 tsp. salt

1 tsp. black pepper

2 lb. rattlesnake meat

juice from 1/2 lemon

Simmer rattlesnake in water and lemon juice for 1 hour, remove and separate meat from bones.

Combine de-boned meat with the rest of the ingredients in a crockpot and slow-cook for 6-8 hours, or bring to boil in large cooking pot and simmer for 2 hours.

This sounds interesting. Is it some kind of native american thing ?

socratic
5th December 09, 09:01 PM
The people who genuinely annoy me are the ones I don't reply to much.I admit I do have pretty bad foot-in-mouth syndrome.

socratic
5th December 09, 09:01 PM
Is the whole 'poisonousness' of the rattlesnake an issue or do you just cut off the head?

7th December 09, 03:05 PM
This sounds interesting. Is it some kind of native american thing ?
More of an old desert rat kind of thing.
Them just figuring out what to do with the body after you skin the snake.

Is the whole 'poisonousness' of the rattlesnake an issue or do you just cut off the head?

Nah.
Once the head is cut off it's fine.
And by "fine" I mean, you can still get "bit" by the head, by the venom sacks are in the head.

USUALLY, you bury the head after you cut it off, and bury it deep enough so your dog doesn't dig it up.

Lebell
7th December 09, 03:24 PM
eat the dog too, problem solved.

Adouglasmhor
7th December 09, 06:48 PM
I ate a coral snake I killed in Belize, I also had it's skin cured and stitched to a belt by a guy in the Belize city market. But a customs guy found it and took it off me, snake skin products are frowned upon heavily in the EU. I wish I had worn it less chance of it being spotted than in my luggage. The neurotoxins are not supposed to be that nice. @Red and Yellow will kill a fellow, if the red and yellow touch it's poisonous as [email protected]

http://pelotes.jea.com/AnimalFact/Reptile/corals.jpg

7th December 09, 10:50 PM
http://www.headnhome.com/large/rattlesnake_strikinghead_1.jpg

Adouglasmhor
9th December 09, 02:30 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ea856TE1qBA