PDA

View Full Version : Thank you Kenneth Cole.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
26th October 09, 03:11 AM
Kenneth Cole is a garbage brand for middle-aged men who like to think they still "got it". Much like Macy's, anything that finally trickles down into a KC collection is not something you want to wear anymore. Here's one of KC's ads for this season:

http://www.magnificentbastard.com/images/pics/kenneth-cole-tucked-boots.jpg

This is everything I just told you Kenneth Cole is, a bastardized amalgamation of bad trends that youths jumped on half of a decade ago. I'm glad that KC is finally going to kill jeans tucked into boots and gay little manpurses by featuring them in his collection.

meataxe
30th October 09, 07:52 PM
Scuse me... Us middle aged men have too much on our hands to go around checking out the latest trends. We're out making deals. Big deals. Anders deals.

Plus we come from a demographic where the men didn't spend a significant part of our adolescence pouring through fashion magazines. And we can't exactly go out to make deals in our Puma track suits, so maybe we buy a couple of things from Kenneth Cole. Big deal.

Actually, I only have a pair of KC dress shoes and some dress pants that I bought for half price.

No. I wouldn't tuck my pants into my boots.

OK. I might.

If it was Halloween. And I was dressed as a cowboy.

Spade: The Real Snake
30th October 09, 10:30 PM
It sucks not having money, doesn't it?

Ajamil
31st October 09, 12:32 AM
Only if you want stuff.

Ajamil
31st October 09, 01:37 PM
It's only a satchel if there's a bomb in it.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
31st October 09, 01:49 PM
It sucks not having money, doesn't it?

i'm employed again

Plus we come from a demographic where the men didn't spend a significant part of our adolescence pouring through fashion magazines.

not even lol

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
31st October 09, 02:00 PM
she's a nice asian lady.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
31st October 09, 02:05 PM
But I've always done that with Fes, now I get paid for it.

Ajamil
31st October 09, 02:44 PM
So how many other girls work in the parlor with you, MJS?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
31st October 09, 02:59 PM
Are you looking for a job? Are you comfortable with baring your legs and you stomach?

fes_fsa
31st October 09, 06:44 PM
what do you expect? Kenneth Cole's company was never meant to be a setter of trends. they're a middle-class company that offers fairly recent (not the latest) fashions at reasonable prices. they're not really a fashion house--they just make what everyone else is making... so of course, there's going to be alot of trickling down.

now... i don't know anybody who owns Kenneth Cole ANYTHING. so... i can't comment on the quality or workmanship, so i can't compare what they offer to the work of big name designers.

but Kenneth Cole DOES serve a purpose. they offer what is "hip-enough" clothing to people who wouldn't be caught buying the same designs at a "lesser" store. they inflate their prices so that their patrons can be satisfied in paying more than the average schmoe and at the same time brag about what a deal they got, while being modest in the fact that they DIDN'T go to a high end store. ALOT of clothing lines do this.

Ajamil
31st October 09, 11:38 PM
Are you looking for a job? Are you comfortable with baring your legs and you stomach?

Why does everyone want to see me bellydance now?

Lights Out
1st November 09, 10:10 AM
but Kenneth Cole DOES serve a purpose. they offer what is "hip-enough" clothing to people who wouldn't be caught buying the same designs at a "lesser" store. they inflate their prices so that their patrons can be satisfied in paying more than the average schmoe and at the same time brag about what a deal they got, while being modest in the fact that they DIDN'T go to a high end store. ALOT of clothing lines do this.

Sounds a little bit like the place I work at.

Good thing I'm on the sports department, anyway.

fes_fsa
1st November 09, 02:22 PM
Why does everyone want to see me bellydance now?

do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it do it

1st November 09, 10:31 PM
what do you expect? Kenneth Cole's company was never meant to be a setter of trends. they're a middle-class company that offers fairly recent (not the latest) fashions at reasonable prices. they're not really a fashion house--they just make what everyone else is making... so of course, there's going to be alot of trickling down.

now... i don't know anybody who owns Kenneth Cole ANYTHING. so... i can't comment on the quality or workmanship, so i can't compare what they offer to the work of big name designers.

I like their zipper wallets and have a Kenneth Cole briefcase. I own half-dozen pairs of their shoes for work, a couple pairs of their boots and prefer their dress shirts and ties.

They are stylish for a professional setting, while still being slightly hip. Quality wise, their leathers are nice and soft, yet durable. As for their apparel, I tend to have to go through shirts and ties quite a bit, so I find brands like Kenneth Cole and Geoffrey Beane are priced at a point that I feel I am getting quality merchandise that I don't mind discarding if the tie gets a pull or the shirt gets marred.

fes_fsa
1st November 09, 11:15 PM
i think Kenneth Cole started as a shoe company. so soft leather is THE LEAST i'd expect from them. i'm assuming it's pretty durable too.

as for shirts... how's their quality compared to other brands?

2nd November 09, 12:09 AM
i think Kenneth Cole started as a shoe company. so soft leather is THE LEAST i'd expect from them. i'm assuming it's pretty durable too.

as for shirts... how's their quality compared to other brands?

They fit nicely (read that my wife likes the way I look in them).

I have a couple of Hugo Boss, which I don't really like their fit, some Calvin Klein, some CK, some DKNY and assorted other. Overall, I am pleased with the quality and genuinely dislike when I need to throw them away.

fes_fsa
2nd November 09, 12:36 AM
i take it the hugo boss was too baggy?

2nd November 09, 10:35 AM
i take it the hugo boss was too baggy?

No it is too tight in the chest and shoulders.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd November 09, 12:54 PM
They fit nicely (read that my wife likes the way I look in them).

I have a couple of Hugo Boss, which I don't really like their fit, some Calvin Klein, some CK, some DKNY and assorted other. Overall, I am pleased with the quality and genuinely dislike when I need to throw them away.

the thing is that these are all pretty whatever. how much do you spend on a shirt?

2nd November 09, 01:14 PM
the thing is that these are all pretty whatever. how much do you spend on a shirt?

Because I tend to go through them relatively quickly.....meaning it isn't uncommon for me to have to toss a shirt within 3-6 months of purchasing them......I don't like to spend over $40 on a work shirt.

I generally get my shirts on E-Bay, clearance sales, outlet shops, etc.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd November 09, 01:15 PM
I actually have experience with KC leathers, and the leather really isn't special. the generic man shits all over KC without being much more expensive and without being made in fucking China like KC.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd November 09, 01:17 PM
Because I tend to go through them relatively quickly.....meaning it isn't uncommon for me to have to toss a shirt within 3-6 months of purchasing them......I don't like to spend over $40 on a work shirt.

I generally get my shirts on E-Bay, clearance sales, outlet shops, etc.

Why do you go through your shirts so quickly? Probably because they're Kenneth Cole. i want to tell you to try http://michaeljkrell.com/ because he offers a shirt that competes with the highest echelons of fancy pants clothing at a pretty reasonable price but he's still far beyond your range.

2nd November 09, 01:23 PM
Why do you go through your shirts so quickly? Probably because they're Kenneth Cole.
Because my work requires me to perform acts of physical labor whilst dressing as if I were a professional.
They tend to get soiled or marred so I need to be prepared to discard them.
Don't ask.
I like looking nice and need to appear professional and while many of my staff will just wear JC Penney brand shirts and ties, my ego cannot allow me that indignity.
So I shop outlet/auction/clearance to get the style I wish while not making it financially prohibitive to discard the item when needed.

i want to tell you to try http://michaeljkrell.com/ because he offers a shirt that competes with the highest echelons of fancy pants clothing at a pretty reasonable price but he's still far beyond your range.

OOOOO the highest echelon of fancypants. I like that.
I'll check it out, muchos gracias.

fes_fsa
2nd November 09, 03:07 PM
Why do you go through your shirts so quickly? Probably because they're Kenneth Cole. i want to tell you to try http://michaeljkrell.com/ because he offers a shirt that competes with the highest echelons of fancy pants clothing at a pretty reasonable price but he's still far beyond your range.

^ this. test the durability of a well made shirt.

i don't shop for clothes often. the quality of my clothes are so good and i usually take such good care of them that even with regular use and abuse, they'll last me 5 years or longer. some people will scoff at what i'll pay for an article of clothing, thinking that i'm a snob and the price is out of their range... but compare my $150 for a shirt to somebody paying $20 for a shirt and then having to keep buying them throughout the year, because the seams are unraveling, the fabric tears, they lose buttons, etc.,

2nd November 09, 03:17 PM
^ this. test the durability of a well made shirt.

i don't shop for clothes often. the quality of my clothes are so good and i usually take such good care of them that even with regular use and abuse, they'll last me 5 years or longer. some people will scoff at what i'll pay for an article of clothing, thinking that i'm a snob and the price is out of their range... but compare my $150 for a shirt to somebody paying $20 for a shirt and then having to keep buying them throughout the year, because the seams are unraveling, the fabric tears, they lose buttons, etc.,

I refuse to pay $175 for a shirt that might end up with blood on it.

I would rather buy 4 $40 shirts and throw two away and still have two in usable condition. Better margin of error.

Lights Out
2nd November 09, 05:39 PM
Because my work requires me to perform acts of physical labor whilst dressing as if I were a professional.

I hear you, pal, same here.

For me it's the ties and pants that get roughed up pretty quickly.

The worse the suit, the more it seems to endure (worse as in more polyester than wool).

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd November 09, 06:19 PM
OOOOO the highest echelon of fancypants. I like that.
I'll check it out, muchos gracias.

He sources his fabric from the same suppliers as luxury brands, and for the most part the construction is the same. What I mean is, it's limited runs by first-world artisinal labor with single-needle stitching, mother of pearl buttons that are hand-tied, and all that gay shit. But he can't put a name like Dior or Raf Simons on it so the price sits in the mid-tier range. You can get a discount code that's meant for the users of Superfuture.com or Styleforum.com, just check his threads on those message boards for it.

You can try Uniqlo, which sits at about your price range for new clothes and they're very stylish. You have to mail-order though because the only store is in New York. They also follow designer sizing so you might want to look for measurements on their clothes and compare them to yours.