PDA

View Full Version : The Tournament

Neildo
22nd October 09, 03:18 AM
30 hardened professional assassins. 24 hours. Kill, or Die.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0471041/

Already on dvd, somehow this one slipped past me.

Ving Rhames, Kelly Hu, Robert Carlyle, lots of guns, cool fight scenes, and over-the-top gore.

It's basically the Condemned except in britan instead of on a tropical island, and with assassins instead of convicts.

just started it, so far i'm enjoying it.

Spade: The Real Snake
22nd October 09, 11:12 AM
Fuck.
I like these kinds of movies and hate myself for watching them.
I will need to rent this.

Neildo
22nd October 09, 03:23 PM
worth a rental if you like seeing exploding bodies.

KO'd N DOA
22nd October 09, 04:43 PM
Since reading the Running Man - I am somehow wired to watching these movies. Not complaining.

Harpy
23rd October 09, 12:36 AM
I'm going to get my hands on it...as soon as I've finished my last uni assignment this weekend :)

Neildo
23rd October 09, 02:35 AM
somebody should make a running man video game based on the original steven king short story, as opposed to the arnold schwarzenegger movie.

i was a bit disappointed about halfway through the film; there's supposed to be all these killers killing each other but the director mostly focuses on the main characters and they just sort of fast-forward the other guys. could have been done better. maybe there will be a directors cut. ending was still good though.

mrblackmagic
23rd October 09, 08:44 AM
Robert Carlyle as a priest? I'm there.

Neildo
23rd October 09, 03:52 PM
i <3 begbie. he is great in this movie.

mrblackmagic
23rd October 09, 04:38 PM
Usually he is. I had almost completely written off 28 Weeks Later until I realized he peppered his incoherent zombie grunting and growling with explitives.

Gotta watch him on Stargate Universe. He's kind of a pussy, but he pretty damn funny.

Ajamil
25th October 09, 07:56 PM
Bus chase scene!

WarPhalange
25th October 09, 09:56 PM
Yeah, I like Battle Royale a lo-- wait, what are we talking about? Oh, a shitty American remake? Nevermind.

Neildo
26th October 09, 03:47 AM
you mean the japanese movie battle royale?

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0266308/

this is not even close to battle royale. similar concept, i'll give you that. not a remake.

Neildo
26th October 09, 03:52 AM
oh snap the tournament is actually a UK produced film! in your face poops!!! *touchdown dance*

Neildo
28th October 09, 03:26 AM
just watched it again. despite knowing how it ends it's still good a second time. i noticed they cheaped out a bit and recycled some footage in a small sequence and it kinda pissed me off but whatever it's still a badass action movie.

OZZ
28th October 09, 10:31 AM
I want to see this..
I actually started to write a screenplay similiar to this about ten years ago, but in my version there were only 5 assassins.
Too bad I didn't finish it and make millions..