PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe i never tried this before!

Neildo
22nd October 09, 02:38 AM
I made french fries and was looking for something to dip them in, mixed 2 parts mayonaise and 1 part sriracha. OMFG, so goddamn good.

post your homemade munchie dip recipes here.

Steve
22nd October 09, 02:59 AM
HOT salsa + Blue Cheese dressing = Yum.

100xobm
22nd October 09, 03:12 AM
I made french fries and was looking for something to dip them in, mixed 2 parts mayonaise and 1 part sriracha. OMFG, so goddamn good.

post your homemade munchie dip recipes here.

How similar is thai chilli sauce to sriracha?

we don't have that over here.

Neildo
22nd October 09, 03:30 AM
are you talking about the sweet thai chili? i like putting that stuff on my eggs and potatoes for breakfast. sriracha is like straight chilis made into paste. super spicy. pretty sure sriracha also comes from thailand.

jubei33
22nd October 09, 03:50 AM
Sriracha and mayo is good.

1. mayo, ketchup
2. miso paste, soy, dash of laiyu, olive oil
3. garlic, soy, red pepper, honey, dash of oil
4. avocado, red onion, salt-pepper, lime juice, garlic
5. http://i131.photobucket.com/albums/p297/jubei33/cmen.jpg

EvilSteve
22nd October 09, 10:08 AM
War Sauce, FTW on fries:

Mayo
Peanut Satay Sauce
Raw Onions

EvilSteve
22nd October 09, 10:11 AM
4. avocado, red onion, salt-pepper, lime juice, garlic

I'm curious- I usually add tomatoes and serrano or jalapeno chilis. Not a fan?

Kein Haar
22nd October 09, 10:34 AM
Just a matter of weeks ago, I put that very Sriracha concoction on a burger.

I agree. Not bad.

Robot Jesus
22nd October 09, 12:26 PM
am I the only one who prefers malt vinegar?

jubei33
22nd October 09, 04:11 PM
I'm curious- I usually add tomatoes and serrano or jalapeno chilis. Not a fan?
Yeah actually, my original post got deleted while I was putting in the picture. I had to rewrite it in a hurry and left those out. Definitely tomatoes and definitely some kind of heat.

Neildo
23rd October 09, 02:25 AM
you could have just said guacamole. i know how to make guacamole.

wtf is miso paste and laiyu? i'm sure i could find it in vancouver but i want to know what it is first.

malt vinegar would have been okay if i had some fried fish to go with my fries.

jubei33
23rd October 09, 03:57 AM
well, now you know how I make guacamole. Congratulations!! :)

miso is the paste used to make miso soup, its made from soy beans. Laiyu is red chili pepper oil of chinese origin. the sauce is kind of dressing consistency and good for veggies etc.

EvilSteve
23rd October 09, 01:02 PM
Miso paste + honey makes an excellent cooking glaze for white fish, FYI.

Also, take a ripe avocado and spread it on bread like butter. Salt and lemon juice optional, but definite win.

Neildo
10th August 10, 01:42 PM
NEW ENTRY!! I can't believe i never tried this before:

1 big scoop of chocolate marble ice cream + 1 cup of hot fresh black coffee = epic win

Neildo
10th August 10, 01:43 PM
am I the only one who prefers malt vinegar?

does your malt vinegar have floaties in it? i made tartar sauce last night and noticed my malt vinegar bottle is full of some kind of crud but the smell and taste are fine (it's vinegar) so i used it anyway.

EuropIan
10th August 10, 01:46 PM
FE44ZuFzjJ4

Neildo
10th August 10, 01:50 PM
that was painful to watch. not because of the sauce, but the presenter. and video editing. ugh.

EuropIan
10th August 10, 01:52 PM
I demand you try it and tell me how it tastes.

Neildo
10th August 10, 02:15 PM
you first texan

Steve
10th August 10, 02:20 PM
FE44ZuFzjJ4

*gag*

Mustard is my favorite condiment and I put it on almost everything... That said, I feel like I've just been violated.

Commodore Pipes
10th August 10, 02:22 PM
I like franks red hot and ranch dressing on my celery.

That way I can fool my tummy into thinking I just finished a plate of wings.

EuropIan
10th August 10, 02:32 PM
you first texan
I'm dieting and I can't buy marshmellow cream here.

Neildo
10th August 10, 02:42 PM
in americaland? i'm shocked.

nihilist
10th August 10, 02:45 PM
Texas isn't really part of America.

EuropIan
10th August 10, 03:00 PM
in americaland? i'm shocked.
not in Americaland anymore

Cullion
10th August 10, 06:28 PM
Bernaise. No need to mess around trying to make your own. Out of a jar is fine, but warm it up.

nihilist
11th August 10, 12:38 AM
not in Americaland anymore You jetsetting whore.

SoulMechanic
11th August 10, 02:35 AM
Red wine vinegar on Tacos is the shit. MY SUPER AWESOMEST OF THE BESTESTS GIRLFRIEND TURNED ME ONTO IT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

El Salvadorians>Bulgarians

Kiko
11th August 10, 10:49 AM
That video IS painful. I thought it was cheese before I hit play. UGH. Someone tell me how the hell that guy knows anything about SOULFOOD?

Cullion, Bernaise IS wonderful. Never seen it in a jar. Knorr mix is the best we can do.

fes_fsa
11th August 10, 11:24 AM
i cover my fries in bacon, melted cheddar or pepper jack, and fresh chives...

and i dip it in a mixture of sour cream and french onion soup mix.

Neildo
11th August 10, 01:48 PM
the heart attack special?

Kiko
11th August 10, 01:52 PM
Sounds like nacho fries... sounds nummy!

Ragout
12th August 10, 03:03 AM
I like mixing taco sauce, the hot kind, and sour cream to put on my quesadillas and tacos. I usually mix 1:1.

Tabasco and Blue Cheese dressing mixed is good, especially for dipping fried chicken wings and celery.

I loved cream cheese stuffed jalapenos. Especially if I have sweet and sour sauce or pepper jelly to dip them in.

EvilSteve
12th August 10, 09:41 AM
Cullion, Bernaise IS wonderful. Never seen it in a jar. Knorr mix is the best we can do.
DeLouis Fils makes a great pre-made bernaise. Needs to be kept refrigerated tho. Their mayonnaise is fantastic too- definitely worth trying.

EDIT: They have two versions- one needs refrigerating, one does not. I'd go with this one if you can find it:

http://i31.twenga.com/food-and-drink/bearnaise-sauce/delouis-fils-fresh-bearnaise-tp_4581516379607459403.png

hegs
12th August 10, 02:54 PM
I roast a red pepper and a jalepeno, skin them, then put them in the food processor with a tub of feta. Add a splash of olive oil and a good dose of Penzy's Greek seasoning. Then when I take steaks off the grill, I lather them with the blend while the meat rests. Awesome. I do the same thing but substitute the feta with chick peas and use it as a sandwich spread.
Penzy's seasonings are the shit.

EuropIan
12th August 10, 03:07 PM
Mac & cheese with Sirracha

SoulMechanic
12th August 10, 03:54 PM
De-seed habanero peppers. Stuff them with tuna mixed with salt, pepper, sour dill, mayo, Cholula chili garlic sauce and lime juice. Bake in oven at 350 for 15 minutes. The flavor is amazing.

lant3rn
12th August 10, 04:12 PM
De-seed habanero peppers. Stuff them with tuna mixed with salt, pepper, sour dill, mayo, Cholula chili garlic sauce and lime juice. Bake in oven at 350 for 15 minutes. The flavor is amazing.

Sounds like a good chile relleno recipe, if i were you i would also add some diced onions and tomatoes

SoulMechanic
12th August 10, 04:26 PM
That's a good idea. Red onion I think would work best.

lant3rn
12th August 10, 04:57 PM
That's a good idea. Red onion I think would work best.

Has the correct,

but any kind probably would do

hegs
16th August 10, 02:46 PM

Did this over the weekend and added the red onion . Used regular Cholula cuz that's what I had handy. It was indeed awesome and a solid crowd pleaser. Thanks for sharing.

SoulMechanic
16th August 10, 04:48 PM
Did this over the weekend and added the red onion . Used regular Cholula cuz that's what I had handy. It was indeed awesome and a solid crowd pleaser. Thanks for sharing.
http://i891.photobucket.com/albums/ac117/crasashi/awesome_puppy.jpg

Conde Koma
17th August 10, 03:08 PM
chili and cheese

or

just cheese

or

honey mustard.