PDA

View Full Version : R.I.P. Capt. Lou :(

Kiko
14th October 09, 05:04 PM
Capt. Lou Albano of wrestling fame dies (http://www.lohud.com/article/2009910140391)

The captivating professional wrestler and manager Lou "Captain Lou" Albano died early this morning at his Carmel home.

Advertisement

Albano, 76, who suffered a series of health complications in recent years, passed away at 3:30 a.m. surrounded by his wife of 56 years, Geraldine, and his family.

The boisterous "Captain Lou" began his wrestling career in 1953, and rose to international fame, mostly as a manager, with the then-World Wrestling Federation. He appeared in the first Wrestlemania at Madison Square Garden in 1986 and was inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame in 1996.

Albano paired with pop star Cyndi Lauper in the 1980s, appearing as her father in her "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" video, and later serving as her manager. He appeared on television and in film, and served as the voice and character of the first Super Mario Bros. cartoon.

The showman, who was often seen donning a long beard and rubber bands and screaming on television, also had a softer side to him, family members said.

"He was very gentle, giving and religious," said his younger brother George Albano, principal at Lincoln Elementary School in Mount Vernon. "He always carried rosary beads in his pocket."

A wake will be held at Balsamo-Cordovano Funeral Home in Carmel from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday. A funeral Mass will take place at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. James the Apostle Church in Carmel.

From a local paper, cause he was a local guy. He once gave my brother a lift.

*sigh*

Spade: The Real Snake
14th October 09, 05:28 PM
Everyone safety pin a rubberband to a facial wart in his honor.

Shotgun Christening
14th October 09, 05:53 PM
He was also Cindy Laupers dad in the video "Girls just wanna have fun"

14th October 09, 06:01 PM
He was also Cindy Laupers dad in the video "Girls just wanna have fun"

Really?
Where did you hear that?

Capt. Lou Albano of wrestling fame dies (http://www.lohud.com/article/2009910140391)

The captivating professional wrestler and manager Lou "Captain Lou" Albano died early this morning at his Carmel home.

Advertisement

Albano, 76, who suffered a series of health complications in recent years, passed away at 3:30 a.m. surrounded by his wife of 56 years, Geraldine, and his family.

The boisterous "Captain Lou" began his wrestling career in 1953, and rose to international fame, mostly as a manager, with the then-World Wrestling Federation. He appeared in the first Wrestlemania at Madison Square Garden in 1986 and was inducted into the World Wrestling Entertainment Hall of Fame in 1996.

Albano paired with pop star Cyndi Lauper in the 1980s, appearing as her father in her "Girls Just Wanna Have Fun" video, and later serving as her manager. He appeared on television and in film, and served as the voice and character of the first Super Mario Bros. cartoon.

The showman, who was often seen donning a long beard and rubber bands and screaming on television, also had a softer side to him, family members said.

"He was very gentle, giving and religious," said his younger brother George Albano, principal at Lincoln Elementary School in Mount Vernon. "He always carried rosary beads in his pocket."

A wake will be held at Balsamo-Cordovano Funeral Home in Carmel from 2 p.m. to 4 p.m. and 7 p.m. to 9 p.m. Friday. A funeral Mass will take place at 11 a.m. Saturday at St. James the Apostle Church in Carmel.

From a local paper, cause he was a local guy. He once gave my brother a lift.

*sigh*

CoffeeFan
14th October 09, 06:20 PM
RIP Captain Lou!

Zendetta
14th October 09, 06:52 PM
What the fuck was that shit in his face?

HappyOldGuy
14th October 09, 11:26 PM
Found it.

YJNrsNe54AE

Shotgun Christening
15th October 09, 05:53 AM
Really?
Where did you hear that?

Nobody reads the OP you pompous ass...

:)

Shotgun Christening
15th October 09, 05:54 AM
Found it.

YJNrsNe54AE

Great....I'll be singing that all fucking day.

jkdbuck76
15th October 09, 06:47 AM

http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii260/Jkdbuck76/cant-you-read-the-post.gif

Shotgun Christening
15th October 09, 07:00 AM
http://i266.photobucket.com/albums/ii260/Jkdbuck76/cant-you-read-the-post.gif

Was this really necessary? Was it?

You have been waiting a month to use that havent you?

15th October 09, 10:08 AM

assHOLE.

Pompous assHOLE.

Shotgun Christening
15th October 09, 11:37 AM
assHOLE.

Pompous assHOLE.

Dont project....

Ajamil
15th October 09, 12:44 PM
Honestly I'm more surprised to hear he was still alive. RIP Capt. Lou.

15th October 09, 01:07 PM
There was a comedian who had a good riff on that:

"Friends were shocked at the death of the 88 year old.....I was shocked too, I thought he died 11 years ago."

Doritosaurus Chex
15th October 09, 04:08 PM
I shall do the Mario in honor of him:

65uNCLBTje0

jkdbuck76
16th October 09, 06:48 AM
Was this really necessary? Was it?

You have been waiting a month to use that havent you?

A month and a half.....

Shotgun Christening
16th October 09, 07:07 AM
A month and a half.....

Glad I could oblige you.

Kiko
16th October 09, 11:03 AM
Some of us are grieving here! Take your drama to another thread!!!

Shotgun Christening
16th October 09, 04:48 PM
Some of us are grieving here! Take your drama to another thread!!!

Sorry....guys just wanna have fun...ohhh yeah..we wanna have fuuunnnnnn.

OZZ
17th October 09, 11:54 AM
RIP -
I remember watching a Miami Vice episode where he played a contract killer whose specialty was strangulation. He gets blown away at the end.
He always put on a good show for the fans.