PDA

View Full Version : Interest check: peasant crap versus designer gear

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
11th October 09, 10:04 PM
So I had the thought about picture heavy comparisons of different tiers of clothing, focusing on macro shots of the fabric and stitching, side-by-side shots of the color, and whatever other relevant details there might be. Why I haven't done this already is that it would actually sink a lot of time compared to just posting a dozen pictures of a collection and saying something stupid about it, and I don't want to do that only to get reactions like "so what" or "Well I just don't see the difference."

my question is would you guys actually give a fuck

Harpy
11th October 09, 10:39 PM
Wow, a thoughtful MJS. Just post it already and take the 'teehee faygot' comments on the chin.

Ajamil
12th October 09, 12:02 AM
I'm interested. Can't say I'll use it in my life, but I'd read it and probably rep you for time spent (if done well).

Shotgun Christening
12th October 09, 06:17 AM
Wow, a thoughtful MJS. Just post it already and take the 'teehee faygot' comments on the chin.

Nothing gay about liking nice clothes and fashion. Most guys just dont have the sense for it. I wish I could decorate a house like those guys on HGTv.

Lights Out
12th October 09, 05:46 PM
my question is would you guys actually give a fuck

My question is, would you actually give a fuck if we give a fuck?

I mean, I was expecting you'd do something like that out of the pleasure of doing it in itself.

On the other hand, I could use some information on fabric, FABRIC, DAMMIT!!

meataxe
12th October 09, 06:02 PM
I think that would be actually sort of useful. Style is just personal taste, but quality applies to any type of clothing.

I always keep an eye out for quality cloth and construction. It would be informative to point out some of the more expensive brands that actually have really shitty sweatshop construction vs. lesser known and less expensive brands with good quality.

SFGOON
27th October 09, 04:49 PM
You should do this, if you haven't already.

My wife thinks I'm picky about clothes because I'm a depraved metrosexual, when really wearing poor quality shit that looks like dung after a month is a waste of money.

My ass is doubly chapped by the fact that lots of the purported designer labels get bought by what I can only assume are mega-corporate clothing manufacturers, comoditized, and turned into poor quality shit that looks like dung after a month. Of course, the price doesn't change at all, oh no...

Also, shitty colors piss me the fuck off. Write this, and write it so my silly wife can understand.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th October 09, 04:55 PM
I'm already sitting on a collection of sneaker photos, but this computer doesn't have any way to interface with my camera and my normal computer is still down for the count.

Also have lots of denim and various cotton and wool sweaters to compare but I haven't taken pictures of them yet. I need more fine shirts to do a shirt feature, same with trousers. I don't have many of either and they're mostly mid-tier stuff.

f4n4n
28th October 09, 12:17 PM
What type of camera are you using, what is available on the computer, I will get this working for you :D