PDA

View Full Version : Freddy goes BOOOOM!!

Ajamil
9th October 09, 01:24 AM
So apparently Michael Bay is directing the new Nightmare on Elm Street. (http://www.nightmareonelmstreet.com/) Looks to be a whole lot more about Freddy himself, rather than the kids he terrorizes - which I think is cool. Only so many ways to have people not believe they'll die in a dream, or try to win in "their" dream, only to be shocked and amazed when it happens. Before long it gets cheesy and campy.

Still - Michael Bay? Does anyone remember the Nightmare series having action packed sequences and big explosions? There was the karate dream in Dream Master, the comic book dude in Dream Child, and the pipe bomb in the stomach in Freddy's Dead. That's about it.

We'll see how it goes.

Edit: UGH! Reading is good thing, Arjuna, "Samuel Bayer is directing [it] from a screenplay by Wesley Strick and Eric Heisserer. The film is produced by Platinum Dunes' Michael Bay, Andrew Form, and Brad Fuller..."

So it's the director's first film debut, but he has won awards for directed music videos (Smells Like Teen Spirit, Boulevard of Broken Dreams).

Spade: The Real Snake
9th October 09, 10:30 AM
Jackie Earl Haley's in the tall grass, now.

And there was karate and stuff in Dream Warriors.

WarPhalange
9th October 09, 10:35 AM
I want Freddy to invade a LAN party full of 4channers. I think he'd just vomit and leave.

KO'd N DOA
9th October 09, 10:38 AM
A Dream Warriors ? My 80's flash backs are starting. W

socratic
9th October 09, 10:48 PM
Jackie Earl Haley's in the tall grass, now. He is one scary looking motherfucker in his natural setting. I think he can handle being Freddy.

TheMightyMcClaw
10th October 09, 10:29 AM
Michael Bay? Psh. They should've gotten Uwe Boll. And seriously, if they're going to make another nightmare on elmstreet movie, they should just make Freddy Vs. Jason Vs. Ash already.

http://movie-poster.ws/movies/wallpaper/scifi/horror/images/freddy_vs_jason.jpg

Ajamil
10th October 09, 11:37 AM
My first thought is Ash could take Freddy, but Jason is a bit too no-nonsense and unkillable for him. But then I remembered Ash has survived through a medieval castle storming, so could probably out-sword Jason easily enough.

Toby Christensen
17th October 09, 08:31 PM
And he has a shotty AND a prosthetic hand. And fights in a more gentlemanly but still very brutal way.

Plus he's an EXCELLENT leader.

Steve
17th October 09, 11:32 PM
In my vision of it, Ash would have to win. Although it could be acceptable for him to die in the process.

Could be, depending, perhaps, etc. etc.

Toby Christensen
18th October 09, 12:46 AM
Well if we think of the people he's rallied, they'd have farming implements vs Freddy's slashing claw.

Plus there'd be trained warriors as well.

And Ash would have a SHOTGUN. I don't think we can be casual about the significance of this.

What does Freddy propose to do if he gets taken down by enraged pseudo-medieval people and hacked to bits? That's IF he escapes the shotgunning.

Ajamil
18th October 09, 09:49 AM
That's what Jason is for - he's the tank. Let him soak all the villagers' aggro and Freddy'll get Ash with his DPS and his backstabby dream fighting. Let's be real here - does anyone actually think Ash's dreamscape would be in HIS favor? That's even without Freddy manipulating it.

TheMightyMcClaw
18th October 09, 09:05 PM
That's what Jason is for - he's the tank. Let him soak all the villagers' aggro and Freddy'll get Ash with his DPS and his backstabby dream fighting. Let's be real here - does anyone actually think Ash's dreamscape would be in HIS favor? That's even without Freddy manipulating it.

I disagree. What is Ash going to have nightmares about? His zombie sister? His zombie girlfriend? Evil trees trying to rape him to death?
He already dealt with that shit in the real world, and got out fine. Nightmares have little to offer him in the way new challenges.

Toby Christensen
18th October 09, 10:50 PM
I would imagine his dreaming life would be "whacky" and surreal, not hurtful. Freddy is on an even neutral ground here.

socratic
22nd October 09, 05:27 AM
Rule #1 of Evil Dead crossovers is that Ash always wins, or at least survives.

You want awesome Ash crossovers? See: Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness for the best eva.

Ajamil
22nd October 09, 09:49 AM
Hee, Ash and Dr. Doom in a staredown was pleasing.

EuropIan
22nd October 09, 10:07 PM
Rule #1 of Evil Dead crossovers is that Ash always wins, or at least survives.

You want awesome Ash crossovers? See: Marvel Zombies vs Army of Darkness for the best eva.
http://icanhascheezburger.wordpress.com/files/2007/11/funny-pictures-interesting-cat.jpg

tell me more

Ajamil
22nd October 09, 10:26 PM
Ash and Dr. Doom in a staredown!! What more do you need? Buy it! Read it!

EuropIan
22nd October 09, 11:19 PM
Awesome:
http://2.bp.blogspot.com/_3dCbqEvwwTM/SVcSthp25tI/AAAAAAAACHE/AvNAPkqSXQI/s400/marvel+zombies+hulk.jpg