PDA

View Full Version : Fake vintage t-shirts

Lights Out
7th October 09, 06:49 PM
A few years ago, this trend started in Spain. Franchises like Springfield, Pull & Bear (Inditex group) and the like began selling T-Shirts that looked like they were taken out of the "That 70's show" costume department.

They had printed fake american football teams logos and similar things, like: "Arkansas Wild Raptors" or "Dakota Mountains Gas Station Company", or "Montana National Forest Reserve Staff", or "Kentucky Tigers" and such. More often than not, they even sport fake slogan, usually with unaccurate or plainly bad english grammar.

I personally didn't like them, even if some of them were kinda appealing, but I would feel silly wearing a t-shirt about a fake football team, or something like that.

I was hoping they'd eventualy run out of states and cities, but it's been five years or so, and the trend is still going strong.

Do you have this kinda sutff overseas too? Because my guess is that if I was walking in the 'states wearing a t-shirt with the slogan "Hawaii Coastal Lifeguard Personell" with a fake logo and all, I'd probably be laughed at.

Too bad I can't find a pic of what I'm talking about at the moment, will try later.

Domite
7th October 09, 07:52 PM
yeah there is shit like that here.

bob
7th October 09, 07:53 PM
usually with unaccurate or plainly bad english grammar.

Was this intentional?

Anyway, I've noticed Europeans seem to have a fondness for Old America. Like, what is it with the French and the 50s?

EuropIan
7th October 09, 08:02 PM
Was this intentional?

Anyway, I've noticed Europeans seem to have a fondness for Old America. Like, what is it with the French and the 50s?
That was back when America was cool

bob
7th October 09, 08:17 PM
and Jerry Lewis was in his prime.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
7th October 09, 10:18 PM
I haven't seen them in a while.

Mr.Miyagi
7th October 09, 11:05 PM
They're still around in Oz.

Spade: The Real Snake
7th October 09, 11:30 PM
No, we just get t-shirts from Target with bad kanji.

partyboy
8th October 09, 01:34 AM
I bought my authentic TM GI Joe shirt from Kohl's yesterday.

Lights Out
8th October 09, 04:30 AM
Was this intentional?

To be honest, I'm not sure. It could be "ironic", but again, who knows.

I don't know... maybe is the kitsch element on it, or the powerful pop-culture image about it...

I, myself, am a bing fan of old muscle cars.

Anyway, would it be OK if I bought a couple of those t-shirts? Or would that make me look stupid?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th October 09, 06:55 AM
I think you'll just look dated, cause they're out of style. Get real vintage shirts.

socratic
8th October 09, 08:00 AM
Don't wear anything which has words the meaning of which you either don't understand or is totally intelligable even in its native language.

That said I have a shirt that says "Typhoon power" or something in kanji.

Lights Out
8th October 09, 08:33 AM
I think you'll just look dated, cause they're out of style. Get real vintage shirts.

Like the Palmer cash, 80's tees, six-dollar shirts and that stuff?

I guess I look dated anyway, I have my own style I'm comfortable with and usually keep to it. I don't change my wardrobe each season or whenever a new trend arises.

Don't wear anything which has words the meaning of which you either don't understand or is totally intelligable even in its native language.

Pretty much assumed so. I was wondering what native-english people would think about somebody wearing t-shirts with unintelligible messages on them.

8th October 09, 08:52 AM

Go with some of the Junk Food line

Captain Fucking America (http://www.junkfoodclothing.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10052_10051_-1_12741_14054_14055). You want USA? YOU GOT IT

Jedi (http://www.junkfoodclothing.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10052_10051_-1_12931_10551_11556) Bitches. JEDI

Unbelievable. Unconcievable. Grammar Like a Hammer Information Receivable. Sent By The Lord, Both Here And Abroad. With Words Well Adored Now They Can't Be Ignored. (http://www.junkfoodclothing.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10052_10051_-1_12321_13551_11555)

Cat.
Hat.
In French Chat Chapeau.
In Spanish, El Gato in a Sombrero..... (http://www.junkfoodclothing.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product1_10052_10051_-1_12656_10551_10551)

Anyhow, here is a sampling of their wares.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th October 09, 08:54 AM

I mean go to a vintage store or look on ebay for clothes that actually come from the 60s and 70s. I have some, they're better than most clothes today and the prices rock.

I guess I look dated anyway, I have my own style I'm comfortable with and usually keep to it. I don't change my wardrobe each season or whenever a new trend arises.

There's nothing wrong with that, except that graphic ts are not a classic look. You can rock a white tshirt with dark jeans like its the 50s and not look dated in the least, but we're talking about copping a dead trend from half a decade ago here.

Lights Out
8th October 09, 09:09 AM
I mean go to a vintage store or look on ebay for clothes that actually come from the 60s and 70s. I have some, they're better than most clothes today and the prices rock.

I've a few t-shirst from trift stores, but they usually are in poor condition.

There's nothing wrong with that, except that graphic ts are not a classic look. You can rock a white tshirt with dark jeans like its the 50s and not look dated in the least, but we're talking about copping a dead trend from half a decade ago here.

But, but... I like graphic tees. And also stripped and/or ringer tees, my favourite ones.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th October 09, 09:19 AM
Striped and ringer ts are classics. Gaphic ts aren't necessarily bad but they can be dangerously trendy.

I've a few t-shirst from trift stores, but they usually are in poor condition.

Thrift stores are mostly crap, though you can luck out now and then. You have to look for dedicated vintage stores or ebay sellers with new old stock if you want a good selection of vintage clothes in good condition.

Lights Out
8th October 09, 09:41 AM
BTW, I beleive this is the second time you subtly dropped that I should dress 50's style, altrough I don't know why.

Here's what I usually wear. No, I ain't posting pics. Feel free to critiquize my lack of taste.

I beleive I developed "my style" during college and at 30 I'm still dressing that way. If this is good or bad, is something I've yet to figure out.

From bottom to top:

-Sneakers, from different brands and different types, from Chuck Taylors to Vans, Ascis and Adidas.
-Jeans, blue jeans with different fading, from somewhat clear to dark navy. I have loose fit and slim fit, but usually stick to regular fiut because they are the ones who look best on me.
-T-shirt. Stripped, ringer and both. Also graphic t-shirts, but I try to avoid the ones with stupid slogans.

This is my basic gear for summer time.

In fall I usually put on a jumpjacket, I really love them, have a few in different colors 8my favourite being a orange one, and the green one coming as a close second). If it is getting cold I like to put on a short-sleeved tee over a long-sleeved tee. I usually try to get somo colour contrast out of it (red/blue, or if it's a stripped long-sleeved tee, I try to match the short-sleeved one to one of the colours in the stripped tee).

Sometimes I swithc the jumpjacket for a cotton open hoodie. I also have several in different colours. A couple of them are stripped too.

Or, alternatively, I put on a light jacket, which I also have several.

Of course, fall and early springtime are my favourite periods when it comes to dressing up because I really love jackets, almost any kind.

Sometimes I put on my "nice 1976 you got there" gear, which consists in Chucks, faded jeans, faded denim jacket and a graphic tee-shirt.

And I also have a leather jacket I'm quite fond of, that I usually wear in winter time, similar to this one:

http://clothingtutor.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/07/leather-jacket-sample.jpg

Sometimes, if it is really cold, I wear a vintage german military parka I bought at el rastro in Madrid. Or one fo the jackets I have for snowboarding.

There, feel free to put me down.

8th October 09, 10:08 AM
Can only find this on Ebay, sorry:

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/roddy-piper-ringer-t-shirt

Kickass old school style

Lights Out
8th October 09, 10:12 AM
I have this in green, non-ringer.

http://www.kaboodle.com/reviews/nintendo-know-your-mushrooms-ringer-white-t-shirt-xl

MrGalt
8th October 09, 11:03 AM
Haha. I got this one at Costco here in Japan: https://www.junkfoodclothing.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/Product3_10052_10051_-1_12106

Ajamil
8th October 09, 12:22 PM
Pretty much assumed so. I was wondering what native-english people would think about somebody wearing t-shirts with unintelligible messages on them.

We'd laugh. (http://www.engrish.com/category/clothing/)
http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2009/09/prominent.jpg

http://www.engrish.com//wp-content/uploads/2008/08/fuck_off_teddy.jpg

socratic
8th October 09, 07:34 PM
Pretty much assumed so. I was wondering what native-english people would think about somebody wearing t-shirts with unintelligible messages on them.We think it's funny as hell. Like, "WTF!? Hahahahaha!" or "What a moron! HAHAHAHA!" If I had a t-shirt that said "!RANCHOS HUEVOS!" you'd think it was pretty funny, amirite?

socratic
8th October 09, 07:35 PM
I remember a female friend of mine bought a shirt that said "NO ACCESS" across the back and "I want you" across the tits

MrGalt
8th October 09, 10:08 PM
Why can't you take a Japanese person's photograph without getting the peace sign? I found a camera on a bench at the Osaka Aquarium once and tried to look through the pictures to see if I could figure out whose it was and EVERY SINGLE GODDAMNED PICTURE had some dork throwing up the peace sign in it. People even try to get me to do it when they take my picture and I have to explain that we don't do that anywhere else in the world.

The only reason there's no peace sign in the first picture is because the guy didn't see the photographer, I'm convinced. Otherwise he'd toss one over his back.

socratic
9th October 09, 01:41 AM
Heaps of people worldwide throw up the peace sign nowadays, although it's always been standard in the Sinosphere I guess.

Ajamil
9th October 09, 01:45 AM
Didn't it used to be "V for victory?" Perhaps all the US Marines were over there gloating, and the Japanese just thought it was some gesture of greeting we round-eyes did. Or perhaps it's their version of "Nevar forget," and they're all hiding in plain sight with their patient plan to strike back against the terrorists that bombed away entire cities.

socratic
9th October 09, 07:38 AM
Very few young Japanese people have much knowledge about WW2, particularly the role the Japanese played and the kind of devastation that was wrought against them. Victims of the Atomic Bombing report being treated with fear and prejudice; I don't think a lot of Japanese people really understand them.

danno
13th October 09, 05:13 AM
i'd explain these shirts with my theory (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=53901).

for example, the "1973 tai chi chamionships" one i've seen. it conjures up things like being well-traveled, athletic, competitive, spiritual. and the decade in itself is kinda cool for various reasons.

by wearing these shirts you attach yourself to the attributes they connote.

Lights Out
13th October 09, 06:42 AM
But where does the awful english and fake football teams come into play in your theory?

bob
13th October 09, 06:59 AM
People pay money to appear quirky. I used to love these about ten years ago because I bought them by the dozen at the markets in Vientiane and gave them to my friends. A nice angle on the traditional Aussie beer shirt.

http://www.muaythaistuff.com/picture/R12.jpg

But every gomer and his dog can get one now so I don't wear them anymore. Yes, I recognise that makes me a little sad.

danno
13th October 09, 07:15 AM
But where does the awful english and fake football teams come into play in your theory?

the bad english is just bad english isn't it?

as for the football teams - you tell me what do you associate american football with.

Lights Out
13th October 09, 04:38 PM
the bad english is just bad english isn't it?

Yeah, but wearing one of those t-shirts is almost like wearing one reading "How do english? LOL". I mean, my english is kinda lame and even I did notice the awful grammar and sentence structure.

as for the football teams - you tell me what do you associate american football with.

Basically, associating with a certain sports culture (american football is non-existant in Spain... well, I think there was one american football team) while at the same time not sticking to one particular real team and thus, avoiding the implications.

I don't know, even the UCLA t-shirts make more sense to me.

danno
13th October 09, 05:58 PM
Basically, associating with a certain sports culture (american football is non-existant in Spain... well, I think there was one american football team) while at the same time not sticking to one particular real team and thus, avoiding the implications.

I don't know, even the UCLA t-shirts make more sense to me.

football (like many sports) represents strength, athleticism, commitment, competitiveness and so on.

if you saw someone wearing the real version of these shirts in america, you might assume they've played football. so you're taking on their attractiveness without having to do any of the hard work.

Lights Out
13th October 09, 06:30 PM
football (like many sports) represents strength, athleticism, commitment, competitiveness and so on.

if you saw someone wearing the real version of these shirts in america, you might assume they've played football. so you're taking on their attractiveness without having to do any of the hard work.

I don't think that applies here.

I've seen many people who are really out of shape wearing soccer shirts and the like.

I don't think just because somebody is wearing such a shirt actually plays the sport. Specially in a country in which said sport is only known thanks to movies and tv shows (something big happens in american football on thanksgiving, right?). Besides, I doubt any football player can fit in an european 'S' size shirt.

Come to think of it, a have a few "football" stripped shirts. I bought them for the strip pattern and not for the graph anyway.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th October 09, 06:34 PM
Are European brands reallly sized smaller? I've had clothes from like France n shit and they fit the same as my clothes from America, and my clothes from Japan. I think that's just a perception Americans have because our brands are more likely to oversize so Fatass McTitties doesn't have to come to terms with being XXXL.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th October 09, 06:42 PM
here's some cool graphic ts
http://www.alagram.co.uk/zccart/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=2
i think they'd be better sans-text

Lights Out
13th October 09, 06:49 PM
Are European brands reallly sized smaller? I've had clothes from like France n shit and they fit the same as my clothes from America, and my clothes from Japan. I think that's just a perception Americans have because our brands are more likely to oversize so Fatass McTitties doesn't have to come to terms with being XXXL.

I've a couple of shirts from the USA which were brought to me as a present. While the people who got them made sure they bought the size I usually wear, I can tell that the shirts actually sized larger. About one size larger.

Oh, and you still didn't skin me for my awful taste in fashion. I'd ask you for advice, but I can't promise I'll follow it.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
13th October 09, 06:59 PM
It's common for American brands to oversize, like I said. But when they don't, and there's plenty of brands that don't, they seem to fit the same as clothes from anywhere else.

Lights Out
13th October 09, 07:13 PM
It's common for American brands to oversize, like I said. But when they don't, and there's plenty of brands that don't, they seem to fit the same as clothes from anywhere else.

Well, they were oversized, but the fit was just the same.

I have yet to buy online from an american seller, the sizing issue is what's keeping me from doing so. It doens't help the put the measures in inches.

Years ago I bought a few shirts from this place:

http://www.t-s.fr/

They fit perfectly, and the quality is really good. I have worn them a lot and washed them a lot too, and the graph hasn't faded in the slightlest. And the t-shirts in themselves have also aged pretty well. You can tell they ain't brand new, but they don't show how much they've been worn and washed.

danno
13th October 09, 08:15 PM
I don't think that applies here.

I've seen many people who are really out of shape wearing soccer shirts and the like.

I don't think just because somebody is wearing such a shirt actually plays the sport. Specially in a country in which said sport is only known thanks to movies and tv shows (something big happens in american football on thanksgiving, right?). Besides, I doubt any football player can fit in an european 'S' size shirt.

Come to think of it, a have a few "football" stripped shirts. I bought them for the strip pattern and not for the graph anyway.

it doesn't matter. you're just associating yourself with them. it works on a more subconscious level. no one is actually going to think all those guys walking around spain play in american football teams.

Lights Out
14th October 09, 03:58 AM
In this particular case I beleive they are rather associating themselves with the aesthetics of old America rather than anything else.

As I said, the America of the 50's, 60's and 70's has some kitsch component to it that us, europeans, find quite attractive.

I guess people are trying to look more like a character from "that seventies show" rather than associating with the sport in itself.

danno
14th October 09, 06:29 AM
i can't think of a way to respond to that without writing a freakin' essay.

Lights Out
14th October 09, 06:45 AM
i can't think of a way to respond to that without writing a freakin' essay.

I promise I'll read it if you do so.

danno
14th October 09, 07:01 AM
there are a few other threads i've been meaning to respond to but haven't had the time. i'll see if i can get around to it.

Lights Out
1st November 09, 10:28 AM
So I gave in and bought a couple of those fake vintage t-shirt.

On my defense I must say that they were cheap and they fit me quite nicely. It helps that all theexercise I've been doing lately is begining to show.

I bought this one (http://www.jackjones.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=11201&productId=136002&langId=110) and this one (http://www.elcorteingles.es/multitienda/producto/producto2.asp?hddref=110067&cpam=0144&tpam=ccm&ccat=&ecip=956&ecipd=602&ecis=225). Can't find a pic of the third one.

The Jack & Jones shirt I bought in L size, and it fits quite tight, as the black one I bought in M.

I'm noticing that lately, some franchises in my area no longer have XL sizes available and are reducing the sizes. And no, it is not me getting fatter, in fact, I'm getting leaner. And considering I'm quite average in height and weight, I'd say they are banning slightly fatty people from buying their stuff.

Maybe that's why I'm finding men reaching middle-age or overweight guys wearing the same shirts as me. That bothers me a little, I must confess.

EDIT: The Jack and Jones shirt I bought is not exactly the same in the pic, the grpah is slightly different, but the color is the same.

1st November 09, 10:32 PM
So I gave in and bought a couple of those fake vintage t-shirt.

On my defense I must say that they were cheap and they fit me quite nicely. It helps that all theexercise I've been doing lately is begining to show.

I bought this one (http://www.jackjones.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/ProductDisplay?catalogId=10051&storeId=11201&productId=136002&langId=110) and this one (http://www.elcorteingles.es/multitienda/producto/producto2.asp?hddref=110067&cpam=0144&tpam=ccm&ccat=&ecip=956&ecipd=602&ecis=225). Can't find a pic of the third one.

The Jack & Jones shirt I bought in L size, and it fits quite tight, as the black one I bought in M.

I'm noticing that lately, some franchises in my area no longer have XL sizes available and are reducing the sizes. And no, it is not me getting fatter, in fact, I'm getting leaner. And considering I'm quite average in height and weight, I'd say they are banning slightly fatty people from buying their stuff.

Maybe that's why I'm finding men reaching middle-age or overweight guys wearing the same shirts as me. That bothers me a little, I must confess.

EDIT: The Jack and Jones shirt I bought is not exactly the same in the pic, the grpah is slightly different, but the color is the same.

See if you can locate some mock vintage shirts in "athletic" cut.
If you are in shape, they fit much, much nicer.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
11th November 09, 09:24 PM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/BullshidoTrail/311f.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/BullshidoTrail/311a.jpg

11th November 09, 11:27 PM
I have this t-shirt
http://i34.tinypic.com/6zaer6.jpg

Lights Out
19th December 09, 03:11 PM
While we're at ti, any good vintage clothing seller on the net I should check out? Not just for tees, but any kind of vintage clothing.

Been browsing some pages, but I don't know which ones have nice stuff (in good condition at a reasonable price) and which ones I should avoid.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th December 09, 09:31 AM
that's funny because i almost made a thread about how do vintage shoppe, but axed it

check ebay for: woolrich, pendleton, and red wing (these are boots). don't expect to find good levi's jeans cheap but you can actually find very vintage levi's jackets for a goood price, if you can learn to tell the difference between the pre- and post-peak jackets.

Lights Out
20th December 09, 10:18 AM
Thanks.

if you can learn to tell the difference between the pre- and post-peak jackets.

I don't know what you're talking about.

Here's a finding:

Vintage racing jackets with accurate meassurings. (http://www.rustyzipper.com/shop.cfm/rz/type~Jackets/search~Racing/gender~Mens/mensracingjackets.cfm?nav=rec)

And before you tell me I'd look dated, well, that's exactly my style so... but anyway, something tells me I should saty out of Members Only stuff.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th December 09, 10:21 AM
with levi's jackets:
no handwarmer pockets = pre-70s
handwarmer pockets = check the serial numbers and the numbers on the back of the buttons. i believe 70s-era jackets use the formula 5xx, i.e. 525 or 527, also check the tag for made in america
levi's switched to a lighter, crappier denim after 1983 or 84, and started moving production overseas.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th December 09, 10:27 AM
and i wouldn't bother with a lot of unknown brands from back then because a lot of the times they were just the JC penny in-house label and those clothes are always shit.
when it comes to the internet i stick to classic brands that i know were always quality.

Lights Out
20th December 09, 01:33 PM
that's funny because i almost made a thread about how do vintage shoppe, but axed it

I, for one, would greatly appreciate such a thread.

and i wouldn't bother with a lot of unknown brands from back then because a lot of the times they were just the JC penny in-house label and those clothes are always shit.
when it comes to the internet i stick to classic brands that i know were always quality.

Problem is, I don't know half of the brands those clothes come from. most of them were never issued in my country, or at least, I haven't even heard them mentioned.

Like that JC Penny brand, for example.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
20th December 09, 01:53 PM
that's what i'm saying, if the brand name wasn't durable enough to last to today there was probably a reason, and it's unlikely that you managed to find some limited run artisanal designer from the 60s so they're probably shit. When I'm buying sight unseen I tend to stick to old classics like Pendleton or Woolrich. You can actually get Pendleton flannels on ebay for $10 all the time, while the new ones cost ~$100 and are hecho en mehico

Lights Out
22nd December 09, 05:54 AM
BTW, I decided to change my style a bit. I need something to better express my age, social status and cultural background.

Was thinking about something like this, what do you think?

NTPZK_ZSSnc

Lights Out
15th January 10, 02:24 PM
Fuck, fuck, fuck. I'm a godammed idiot.

I was taking a little walk on the mall after work and ended up buying more crap. Like if I had space left for more clothes.

A t-shirt with a vintage looking graph of a pair of boxing gloves (couldn't resist) and yeat another track jacket. currently I could wear a different track jacket for every day of the week and still have a couple more for next week.

I bought it because I really liked the coulours, but dislike the fake vintage football team shit it has on the front. But since everything cost me less than 20€... (less than a supporting membership, conversion rates, motherfuckers, do you know what those are?).

Oh, and also got myself some cologne. I remmember it smelling quite good when I tried it months ago, but since I have a bit of a cold, well, it could smell like dog ass and I wouldn't notice.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
16th January 10, 11:16 AM
I'm not letting myself buy any more clothes, or really anything, until I build my bank account back up from the fallout of two months of unemployment. All of my paychecks are currently split about 50% savings and 50% food, bills, and a little bit of pot.

since you asked, here's a bunch of nice jeans for 50% off
http://www.oki-ni.com/Brands/Levis-Vintage-Clothing/icat/levis
don't trust their fit pictures though, they are fucking terrible. check out the same models on cultizm for a better idea of how they look.

Lights Out
16th January 10, 01:51 PM
Thanks, I'll take a look, altrough I actually shouldn't buy any more clothes.

Good thing sales this year are bullshit were I live, otherwise I would had spent a couple hundred more on crap.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
16th January 10, 01:51 PM
I just held out long enough for my size to sell out.

Lights Out
16th January 10, 02:11 PM
I was lucky this time, my size is the first one to sell out usually.

BTW, I almost bought another pair of jeans for 20€ this afternoon. Black, slightly faded, slim fit with a little bit of elastic fabric on them, but decided against it. Really tight jeans do not suit me well, it was nice seeing how nicely formed my quads are trhought some fucking jeans, but suqatting has left me with a big rounded ass that does not match skinny fitted jeans.

Also, I'm 30.

Lights Out
16th January 10, 02:42 PM
BTW, if this jacket (http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jackets+Outewear/Lee-Icon-Storm-Jacket/invt/lj0022dnm) was blanket lined, we'd have a winner.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
16th January 10, 03:47 PM
Storm Riders usually are, I've never seen one with a cotton lining like that.

SoulMechanic
16th January 10, 04:06 PM
LO you should take up silk screening and make your own tacky ass american shirts. Sick ass 70s fonts and all the above stated usage of using words like, athletics, or dates ect. I will give you examples, you could like make one that says
"N.A.M.B.L.A. Father/son basketball champions 1982" or a cool ringer tee that just says "RAPE FANATIC" shit man almost anything will do. "carrier of herpes since 1979."

Its funny for all who are in on the joke and the non english speakers are stoked that everybody thinks they are superior N.A.M.B.L.A. members, and atheletes!

Lights Out
16th January 10, 05:20 PM
Storm Riders usually are, I've never seen one with a cotton lining like that.

Like which, blanket lined or the one in the link? Come to think of it, i'm not sure if the blanket lined jackets I've seen were Lee or Levis.

LO you should take up silk screening and make your own tacky ass american shirts.

Actually, I have a couple of those. Took a kickass drawing I found on the internet of a Ford Mustang Boss to a shop I know which personalizes t-shirts and walked out with a new custom ringer t-shirt. And since the prints fade after the first wash, it looked vintage in no time.

Next time I'm on the big city, I'll make sure to get me a couple more.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
16th January 10, 05:41 PM
Storm Riders are usually blanket lined. I've seen Levi's with blanket and sherpa lining, but I've never seen a denim jacket with a quilted cotton lining like that.

Lights Out
16th January 10, 05:48 PM
And it is slim fit... must... resist... urge... to buy...

Aw, these ones (http://www.oki-ni.com/Mens-Jeans/Levisr-Vintage-1967-505-Rigid-Jeans/invt/lev0027blu) are sold out on my size... Too bad, they look awesome.