PDA

View Full Version : More Bush bullshit.

elipson
21st August 03, 09:06 PM
http://www.guerrillanews.com/sci-tech/doc2685.html

Could of you ultra-conservative republican buggers please explain this one to me? How is this excusable?

grego
21st August 03, 09:19 PM
Simple: We got the big guns.

WOOHOO!

USA! USA! USA!

"I don't get even, I get odd!"

*UNO* = One love baby!

Jenfucius
21st August 03, 10:18 PM
more liberal propaganda from the nonsense brigade.

O'Doyle Rules!

Akuma
21st August 03, 11:54 PM
If you don't like him, then don't vote for him. That simple.

He who is foolish....Is a fool.

Southpaw
22nd August 03, 12:17 AM
If you don't like him, then don't vote for him. That simple.

Most of America didn't. Not that simple.

Edited by - amp on August 22 2003 00:17:40

Akuma
22nd August 03, 12:24 AM
Then have it on the Supreme Court. I don't understand why you people didn't impeach him for "cheating."

Mercurius
22nd August 03, 03:11 AM
Because there's a good chance the first guy to say 'impeach' wouldn't survive his next trip to Dallas.

Akuma
22nd August 03, 03:34 AM
Then have a coup de'tat?

Deadpan Scientist
22nd August 03, 03:41 AM
Why? Most people in america think he's doing a good job.

---------------
aaronboyd2: Or you could quote ME quoting Freaky Friday
aaronboyd2: I LOOK LIKE THE CRYPT KEEPER

Mercurius
22nd August 03, 03:54 AM
Which is why most people would prefer 'someone new' as president in '04?

PeedeeShaolin
22nd August 03, 10:44 AM
You can't blame republicans man. Republicans didnt vote for this gy knowing he and his oil criminal wack pack would burn the Bill of Rights and continue the Crusades. They just thought he would help the rich at the expense of the poor. They didnt know he was going to do that PLUS make America the most hated country in the world while killing our own soldiers for oil and running up a huge price tag for our future generations to pay.

Southpaw
22nd August 03, 11:51 AM
more liberal propaganda from the nonsense brigade.

Typically 'propaganda' doesn't consist of hard facts.

Bolverk
22nd August 03, 11:58 AM
Yep, it is just terrible that the business men of Iraq will finally get some oil sales beyond that needed to pay for medical supplies and food for the Iraqi people. That is just plain wrong.

Sincerely,

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
Willing is not enough, we must do.

The tax laws are written by men with considerable net worth, and with little understanding of what wage-earners must do to make ends meet.

elipson
22nd August 03, 07:46 PM
Hold on there Bolverk!

How the hell are Shell, Chevron, BP, and "seven other oil giants" Iraqi??

Come on Bolverk, you're capable of a much better response than THAT! I expected a decent rebuttal from you at least.

And Jenfucius, feel free to debunk any of this "liberal propaganda". Oh wait a minute, I guess you can't debunk facts!!!

Here's a chunk from the atricle, could you republicans PLEASE PLEASE PLEEEEEAAAASSSSEEEEE tell me how this is Justice and honorable? Really here, I want to know!! I really do! Seriously, please explain it!

But legally there is not much that the Iraqis or Russians can do to contest this in the United States because of an executive order signed by president George Bush in late May. Executive order number 13303 states "any attachment, judgment, decree, lien, execution, garnishment, or other judicial process is prohibited, and shall be deemed null and void", with respect to "all Iraqi petroleum and petroleum products, and interests therein."

With this, Bush granted Iraqi oil a lifetime exemption provided U.S. companies are involved in the oil's production, transport, or distribution. This order applies to Iraqi oil products that are "in the United States, hereafter come within the United States, or that are or hereafter come within the possession or control of United States persons." (Under U.S. law, corporations are "persons.")

"In other words, if ExxonMobil or ChevronTexaco touch Iraqi oil, anything they or anyone else does with it is immune from legal proceedings in the U.S.," explained Jim Vallette, an analyst with the Sustainable Energy & Economy Network of the Institute for Policy Studies in Washington DC.

"Anything that has happened before with oil companies around the world -- a massive tanker accident; an explosion at an oil refinery; the employment of slave labor to build a pipeline; murder of locals by corporate security; the release of billions of tons of carbon dioxide into the atmosphere; or lawsuits by Iraq's current creditors or the next true Iraqi government demanding compensation -- anything at all, is immune from judicial accountability," he says.

What POSSIBLE motivation could there be for this order? Aside from greed of course!
One law for us, one law for everyone else!!!

Bolverk, you usually do a pretty good job defending the Moron, I'm hoping to see something good again.

patfromlogan
22nd August 03, 08:56 PM
"We leveraged the private sector," U.S. Brigadier General Robert Crear commented..."

Great! A good blend of the military and corporate greed. It always works in the long run. Sure glad it won't piss off anyone in the Middle East. Those Camel Jockies will have never had it so good.

The Wastrel
22nd August 03, 10:09 PM
"medical supplies and food for the Iraqi people"

NO ONE SHOULD EVER BE ALLOWED TO SAY "IRAQI PEOPLE" EVER AGAIN EVER!

"Information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love...is not music. Music...is the best."

patfromlogan
22nd August 03, 10:24 PM
Wha? Iraqis, not Iraqi people? I just call 'em towel heads and camel jocks.

http://www.yellowtimes.org/article.php?sid=1529&mode=thread&order=0 is an article, Myth and denial in the War on Terrorism. In depth look at why Buchco's "they hate us because of our freedom" is bullshit.

The Wastrel
22nd August 03, 10:53 PM
Pat,
"Iraqi People" is just an emotive word that's supposed to trump discussion by conjuring images of starving children and toothless crones. Pro AND anti-war folks use it.

"Information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love...is not music. Music...is the best."

Osiris
22nd August 03, 11:51 PM
Ebryone knows that theyre all the same and have no differing opinions. EVERYONE in Iraq LOVES American occupation and would never do anything to disrupt it. Of course any violence going down is the result of outside agitators and not the Iraqi people.

Akuma
23rd August 03, 07:20 AM
Ok then, this calls for a coup de' tat! Or better yet, REVOLUTION!

elipson
25th August 03, 04:16 PM
Come on Bolverk, give me something on this!

Damn Bush supporters, they always run and hide when faced with the truth.

patfromlogan
25th August 03, 09:50 PM
More links for those few who are afraid, just not afraid of the truth.

http://www.commondreams.org/headlines03/0823-03.htm

http://www.guardian.co.uk/usa/story/0,12271,1028113,00.html

http://truthout.org/docs_03/081603A.shtml

http://groups.google.com/groups?dq=&start=100&hl=en&lr=&ie=UTF-8&oe=UTF-8&group=alt.gathering.rainbow&selm=3f3fa057.103675 5816%40news.echoweb.net

http://southmovement.alphalink.com.au/southnews/

US Troops were (and are) surreptitously encouraged by the military's rascist mindset and the macho Americentric-Anglo
culture to dehumanize Iraq citizens, to treat them as lower than the low , hence the 'Revenge for 911' slogans scrawled on helmets and tanks, an attitude of just retribution not only lacking any evidence but compellingly disproved, nevertheless providing a convenient rationale and legitimizing pretext for ongoing atrocities and itchy trigger-fingers shoot-first horrors (how many journalist shot will it take 'til they know, that too many journalists have died, the answer my friend is blowing in the wind...).

There's such a gaping disconnect between the official Public Relations message of victorious Iraqi "Liberation" by our brave troops (Rah-Rah!) "defending" American Values and Way of Life (which makes NO logical sense) and the reality of a hated and hateful, brutal occupation with increasing instances of grizly, dirty hard-dyin' by every "side", that it makes a mockery of the president's claims of why our troops are there, and how we measure success.

Rumours of a planned-for public-relations-coordinated September Surprise of stunning 'proof' of Saddam's WMD doesn't add much if
anything to refute growing realization of what a miserable mistake the whole Iraq adventure is, as America adopts the worst characteristics of the despots that once offended American sensibilities of justice, respect and honour. Description of US Troops smashing into the offices of the Al Mustagilla newspaper, overturning and vandalizing the equipment and furnishings, destroying the computers and removing the hard-drives, and seizing and holding the editor without charges at an undisclosed location are not the work of American freedom fighters, maybe the work of American freedom fries eaters, though.

Since the US funds Israel's occupation and terror-war, and Iraqi military professionals have briefed the US Military on lessons learned, and tactics and psyop programs developed, it's not that unusual for the US military to be adopting many of the same practices designed to intimidate and subjugate an occupied subject people. The question to be asked, is: Will Iraq become the US's Palestine?

As if there already isn't enough horror and suffering in the world.

Edited by - patfromlogan on August 25 2003 21:59:31

Jenfucius
25th August 03, 10:35 PM
"And Jenfucius, feel free to debunk any of this "liberal propaganda". Oh wait a minute, I guess you can't debunk facts!!!"

oh wait a minute, i have better things to do with my time!!!

why don't you go check out north korea's website? i'm sure they have plenty more "hard facts" for you!

elipson
25th August 03, 11:05 PM
Typical.

Akuma
26th August 03, 03:03 AM
Ok then........REVOLUTION! To ARMS!

patfromlogan
26th August 03, 08:23 PM
Loking at the French and Russian and American revolutions leads me to think that as long as people believe that they are part of the system they will endure their oppressive gov't. In the Russian rev it came when the Cossacks, mounted and about to clear the streets of demonstrators, paused, and the Colonel told his troops to stop and he galloped into the mob, grabbed a babushka and pulled her up on his horse and kissed her. Everyone knew it was over. In Iran it came one hot night when everyone got on their flat roofs and chanted Alah o arkbar and everyone knew the Shah was a goner. As long as people have the illusion that they have a little slice of the pie and Rockerfeller has a big piece they are sheep. Just as the peasants are conservative, if there is a revolution then their meeger privilages are up in the air (ie, the right to harvest plums from this side of the ditch, their right to get 1/3 of the barley crop and so forth).

Edited by - patfromlogan on August 26 2003 20:25:54