PDA

View Full Version : Fashion?! What the high, holy fnck?!

bad credit
1st September 09, 07:14 AM
So, I've been gone awhile, I come back, poke around, and lo and behold, there's a fashion subforum in sociocide! I thought this was the off-topic forum for Bullshido, last bastion of unapologetically masculine, fightin, hairy, knuckle-dragging, manly men! I mean, good lord, I've seen our gay posters on here call folks fags, but now this?

I thought anything not full contact was crap? How's a metrosexual modeling himself after, well, MODELS gonna do that when he's worried about what his face looks like? How are you gonna look in you khaki douche shorts when your shins are all bruised up from MT? (If you do TKD, substitute insteps for shins, and flipflops for shorts, wait, on second thought, if you do TKD, go fuck yourself.)

This is Bullshido, dammit! One of our site's founders trolled it so bad he got banned! We have gun shootin, cagefightin, nude lesbians as mascots! We get sued more often than any other forum! Hell, we teach the countersuit as a fighting range! Two of our admins admit they're in Anonymous, which means they're walking contradictions! We've had more real life fights as the result of flame wars than anywhere else on the interpipes!

Jeans? Shirts? What happened to magic pants and gi vs. no-gi? Oh, Kano, is this my fault? Is this because I shit up a bunch of threads talking about Bruce Lee, D&D, and comics? No! I turned the geek level up, we don't know how to dress!

What happened to men wearing jeans and t-shirts, that fit, either in the same exact color or two colors that should never go together, and that was it, dammit?! This all started when the cagefighters started wearing flipflops to the ring so they could just kick them off, right? All the straight guys figured they could start wearing them, it wasn't gay anymore? Nope, sorry fellas, but flipflops are only for gays and women who want to show off for foot fetishists. Only two straight guys ever got to wear sandals; Conan and Jesus, and both were fictional.

Arhetton
1st September 09, 08:23 AM
heres how this forum works:

MJS posts fashion pictures and articles

everyone else replies with 'fag'.

the end.

Ajamil
1st September 09, 10:09 AM
A guy who's into fighting can also be into looking good. As Scott Adams put it, a paradigm just shifted without a clutch.

FickleFingerOfFate
1st September 09, 10:53 AM
So, I've been gone awhile, I come back, poke around, and decided to swear in a thread title! Cool, huh?

No, not really.

partyboy
1st September 09, 11:02 AM
I approve of this thread title.

FickleFingerOfFate
1st September 09, 11:05 AM
The fashion?

The High?

The buttsechs?

Ajamil
1st September 09, 12:02 PM
The potential for my ability to moderate.

Feryk
1st September 09, 12:32 PM
Fag!

Sorry, you're not MJS.

SuperGuido
1st September 09, 01:46 PM
Bullshit.

Being a man does NOT mean you have to look like shit. Hell, Men's Health and Ask Men are littered with advice about grooming, attire, and other topics.

Granted, MJS is the sponsor/mascot of this sub-forum...and his style caters to a very specific type of fashion...but that does NOT preclude the general importance of grooming and dress for men.

For instance, I'm a suit/tie guy, and since I don't watch TV (deal with it), I often have no idea what sort of suit/tie/shoe combo is acceptable or outdated for the time. Initially, I was also unaware that spiky hair and a cheap belt make any suit look stupid...or that black belt MUST EQUAL black shoes, and so forth.

Also, as a late 20's professional, I also want to make sure I dress casually for my age/style. Done wrong, I can either look I'm wearing my father's clothes...or like an "almost 30" guy trying too hard to look young and hip.

Like it or not, first impressions determine how people perceive you...and first impressions are based on appearance. Dress like shit and people will think less of you...which is important in the corporate world.

EuropIan
1st September 09, 01:49 PM
So, I've been gone awhile, I come back, poke around, and lo and behold, there's a fashion subforum in sociocide! I thought this was the off-topic forum for Bullshido, last bastion of unapologetically masculine, fightin, hairy, knuckle-dragging, manly men! I mean, good lord, I've seen our gay posters on here call folks fags, but now this?

I thought anything not full contact was crap? How's a metrosexual modeling himself after, well, MODELS gonna do that when he's worried about what his face looks like? How are you gonna look in you khaki douche shorts when your shins are all bruised up from MT? (If you do TKD, substitute insteps for shins, and flipflops for shorts, wait, on second thought, if you do TKD, go fuck yourself.)

This is Bullshido, dammit! One of our site's founders trolled it so bad he got banned! We have gun shootin, cagefightin, nude lesbians as mascots! We get sued more often than any other forum! Hell, we teach the countersuit as a fighting range! Two of our admins admit they're in Anonymous, which means they're walking contradictions! We've had more real life fights as the result of flame wars than anywhere else on the interpipes!

Jeans? Shirts? What happened to magic pants and gi vs. no-gi? Oh, Kano, is this my fault? Is this because I shit up a bunch of threads talking about Bruce Lee, D&D, and comics? No! I turned the geek level up, we don't know how to dress!

What happened to men wearing jeans and t-shirts, that fit, either in the same exact color or two colors that should never go together, and that was it, dammit?! This all started when the cagefighters started wearing flipflops to the ring so they could just kick them off, right? All the straight guys figured they could start wearing them, it wasn't gay anymore? Nope, sorry fellas, but flipflops are only for gays and women who want to show off for foot fetishists. Only two straight guys ever got to wear sandals; Conan and Jesus, and both were fictional.
You are a TL;DR faggot

HappyOldGuy
1st September 09, 02:43 PM
I watch project runway, as do most of the fighters in my gym.

Bite me bitch.

This is also not bullshido.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st September 09, 03:18 PM
Clint Eastwood's wardrobe for A Fistfull of Dollars was purchased entirely from fashionable stores in Hollywood.

Jimi Hendrix liked to blow his advance checks on clothes.

Daniel Craig's swimsuit in the last James Bond cost more than some people wear in an entire outfit.

Dark Helmet
1st September 09, 04:14 PM
Clint Eastwood's wardrobe for A Fistfull of Dollars was purchased entirely from fashionable stores in Hollywood.

Jimi Hendrix liked to blow his advance checks on clothes.

Daniel Craig's swimsuit in the last James Bond cost more than some people wear in an entire outfit.
Now that I know all of that I can die peacefully.

TheMightyMcClaw
1st September 09, 07:47 PM
heres how this forum works:

MJS posts fashion pictures and articles

everyone else replies with 'fag'.

the end.

I also occasionally post threads about the totally awesome shit that I make. Though not nearly as many as MJS.

Kiko
2nd September 09, 06:45 AM
This is also not bullshido.

^This.

Learn to read the banner. This is SOCIOCIDE!!

*Insert photoshopped Sparta! parody*

Robot Jesus
2nd September 09, 03:56 PM
for every virtue there is a vice of exsses and of lacking. a wise man would spend some effort to look good as it has a great effect on how others preceve you. you can care about this too much and become vain, or you can care too little and be slovenly. the wise man seeks the golden mean.

bad credit
9th September 09, 03:16 AM
Well, I got about fifty percent agreeing with me that a fashion subforum is ghey, and another fifty percent well-dressed metrosexuals calling me a fag.

OH FUCK, by posting about this, I am now discussing fashion. I guess this is what Nietzche meant when he said that stuff about being careful fighting monsters lest you become one. I must now commit honorable seppuku with a shoe horn. Bury me in my wife beater t/shorts/combat boots combo. Or, to be more formal, in my Punisher T with cargo pocket khakis and steel toe sneakers. No makeup or product, though, you homos, just freshly shave my head before I get to go to Bullhalla to watch that Kano vs. Lee PPV.

nihilist
9th September 09, 03:33 AM
At least you're not from North Dakota

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th September 09, 05:13 AM
what kind of fag needs to make a topic discussing how he's totally not a fag to strangers who don't care?

Feryk
9th September 09, 04:19 PM
Well, I got about fifty percent agreeing with me that a fashion subforum is ghey, and another fifty percent well-dressed metrosexuals calling me a fag.

OH FUCK, by posting about this, I am now discussing fashion. I guess this is what Nietzche meant when he said that stuff about being careful fighting monsters lest you become one. I must now commit honorable seppuku with a shoe horn. Bury me in my wife beater t/shorts/combat boots combo. Or, to be more formal, in my Punisher T with cargo pocket khakis and steel toe sneakers. No makeup or product, though, you homos, just freshly shave my head before I get to go to Bullhalla to watch that Kano vs. Lee PPV.

Congratulations, you have crossed over the dark side. You are the next contestant on Queer Eye. Lucky you. Now go wax your back, heathen.

EuropIan
9th September 09, 04:33 PM

yes, we're all self tannning purse wearing guido fags.

Fuck you.