PDA

View Full Version : An Article by a Former Loyal Democrat

Bolverk
21st August 03, 12:17 PM
I thought some of you might like to read this article. It kind of sums up alot of different points, and shows who the real actions to protect this country are coming from. I know some of you will not like it, and will flame accordingly. Thats okay, I am only seeking opinions anyway.

Why a Democratic Liberal Became a Republican Conservative (http://newsmax.com/archives/articles/2003/8/20/150334.shtml)

Enjoy!

Sincerely,

Knowing it is not enough, we must apply.
Willing is not enough, we must do.

The tax laws are written by men with considerable net worth, and with little understanding of what wage-earners must do to make ends meet.

grego
21st August 03, 05:29 PM
Good article.

"I don't get even, I get odd!"

*UNO* = One love baby!

The Wastrel
21st August 03, 05:53 PM
"Like everyone else, I witnessed the Gore-Bush campaign of 2000. The high-born heir apparent and Washington insider versus the high-born heir apparent and Texas “cowboy”; the earth-in-the-balance guy vs. the guy who actually tilled the earth..."

BWAHAHAHA. Yes indeed.

"Information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love...is not music. Music...is the best."

The Wastrel
21st August 03, 05:56 PM
"Does anyone doubt that they are still more capable of effectively vanquishing al-Qaeda and other America-hating terrorists than any Democrat or any liberal on earth?"

Yes. In defense of this article, which I otherwise find nauseating, at least this shakes up the idea held by many liberals that conservtives are just bad people. However, now we're getting turnaround, and as "fair play" as that may be, I will always keep my head above that silly game.

"Information is not knowledge; knowledge is not wisdom; wisdom is not truth; truth is not beauty; beauty is not love; love...is not music. Music...is the best."

BSH
22nd August 03, 11:38 PM
The best thing about this thread is that I have now found another unbiased website which discusses politics.

Here is what I don't understand. Why does this website, like others, keep defining liberals as bad, conservatives as bad, democrats as evil, or conservatives as scum. Maybe that is what people respond to. It appears to be succesful, look at talk-radio.

If you want to sway my opinion, tell me why a specific policy is wrong or right and I will listen. Tell me that the person with the opposite opinion from me is an @ss, and you have lost my ear and my respect.

Congratulations to our author for finally realizing her political beliefs were better represented by the Republican party. It only took about 30 years.

The Wastrel
23rd August 03, 09:13 AM
This characterizes political discussion in the entire country.

patfromlogan
23rd August 03, 09:12 PM
The Republicans say "Let the poor starve."
The Democrats say "Throw 'em a crust."

The only ism that is going to matter is environmentalism.

I know Bolverk put the article up in good faith, but I found it to be shallow and silly. The bomber gap, the missle gap, soft on communism, red scare, who lost China?, and so forth and so on have been used by demo and repubs, they are all dirty. Kennedy was a cold war warrior, Nixon was a cold war warrior. Nixon was actually more liberal than Kennedy. They were both assholes. I had hopes for Bobbie, but... I had hopes for Malcolm X, too...

It was funny, in sad way, when my grad adviser told me that the college students were so young that they couldn't even remember before Raygun. And that was years and years ago.

Note of import (at least to me)Pre Gulf War 2:
"US dominated Sanctions Committee refuses to permit Iraq to import the clean-up equipment that they desperately need to decontaminate their country of the Depleted Uranium ammunition that the US fired at them. Approximately 315 tons of DU dust was left by the use of this ammunition.The Sanctions Committee also refuses to allow the mass importation of anti-cancer treatments, which contain trace amounts of radio-isotopes, on the grounds that these constitute '...nuclear materials..'"

In the areas where the ammunition left the polution the incidenceof birth defects has skyrocketed, check out the groovy pictures:http://www.web-light.nl/VISIE/extremedeformities.html

and see the Iraqi grandad pick up his dead granddaughter out of a pile of bodies at: http://badattitudes.com/MT/archives/000450.html
"So we all need to keep being as vocal and visible as possible. You can try this nice little trick we were told about the next time you hear Bush, Powell, or the CNN newscasters talk about the war. To keep straight exactly what war accomplishes, tack onto the end of every pro-war statement the phrase, ‘… and kill Iraqi children.’

Andrea Sargent wrote this in Z Magazine before Mr. Bush invaded Iraq to show up his father and kill Iraqi children, or to find weapons of mass destruction and kill Iraqi children, or to emancipate Iraqi women and kill Iraqi children, or to bring democracy to the Arab world and kill Iraqi children, or to grab oil and kill Iraqi children, or to bring lasting peace to the Middle East and kill Iraqi children, or to get reelected and kill Iraqi children."

I also want to be fair and post some links to happy pictures. Here's link to several pictures of the smilling faces of Bush, Powell, and Rumsfield as they kiss Presisdent Islam Karimov's fat ugly asshole and lick out his rectum and swallow his cum. He's head of Uzbekistan, and has become Washington's new best friend. http://www.thememoryhole.org/pol/us-and-uz.htm

Just ignore the part about thousands of political prisoners and torture and boiling people to death.

Personally I find it nauseating.

ps. Uzbekistan has OIL! surprise!!!!!

pps. Hey BST, do you get what issues I deem important and why?

Edited by - patfromlogan on August 23 2003 21:31:16

Edited by - patfromlogan on August 23 2003 21:33:15