PDA

View Full Version : russians!

partyboy
20th August 09, 11:16 PM
I don't care if I've posted this before...

but herein I give my salute to Mother Russia!

first off, to the

White Russian:
in your favorite cocktail glass, mix -
some ice
2 shots vodka (use good stuff, cheap-skate!)
1 shot Kahlua
cream/half-n-half to desired consistency

* usually I mix in the 3 shots and then fill the glass to just under the rim with the cream. I like more cream in mine so it turns out on the very light-white-brown color (more white than brown). some people put less cream so the drink looks a light shade of brown (not so white). this is fine, although before stirring mine up after adding the cream I like to let mine sit and watch how much it looks like jupiter. this is *THE* tastiest drink I think I've ever had and I can drink it any time of day without getting sick of it.

so... here I sit with vodka and kahlua but WITHOUT ANY CREAM LEFT... "what do I do?" you say? well, luckily you still can have the next best thing-

The Black Russian:
some ice
2 shots vodka
1 shot kahlua

(or however strong you want to make it)

yep, this is just the two alcohols mixed together... but, surprisingly it's still damned good. a word of warning though, this will get you f'ed up that much faster since you're not drinking the dairy product at the same time. and still, I prefer the taste with the cream in it (lol, ghey!)

and now, a tribute to our favorite white russian connoisseur:
RqtgfjkB6Pg

** a final word on the cream - you can use heavy whipping cream, half-n-half or fat-free half-n-half... I've found all very tasty.. although I may be indifferent to the subtle tactile variances, it seems that as long as there's some kind of milky-ish dairy product mixed in, this is still a PHENOMENAL drink

Shotgun Christening
21st August 09, 07:06 AM
MOM34 likes White Russians (the drink). I question your sexuality in your choice.

Try a Mimosa...now THATS a good drink.

partyboy
21st August 09, 09:12 AM
whatever... just because I like cream

partyboy
21st August 09, 09:14 AM
white... frothy.. cream.

Shotgun Christening
21st August 09, 03:37 PM
white... frothy.. cream.

you need help.

LOL

Cullion
21st August 09, 04:03 PM
I make my white russians with an extra shot of vodka and milk instead of cream.

I thought black russians were supposed to have cola in them in place of the milk?

Shotgun Christening
21st August 09, 05:26 PM
I make my white russians with an extra shot of vodka and milk instead of cream.

I thought black russians were supposed to have cola in them in place of the milk?

Thats the way I make them (black russians). Despite my earlier comments, I do drink them.

EuropIan
21st August 09, 05:32 PM
white... frothy.. cream.
Do you know how I know you're gay?

Cullion
21st August 09, 05:49 PM
He;s just playing at being gay. If he really knew what it tasted like he would have mentioned it in his description.

Shotgun Christening
21st August 09, 05:52 PM
He;s just playing at being gay. If he really knew what it tasted like he would have mentioned it in his description.

So much for having a Black Russian tonight when I watch Preseason football.

Kiko
21st August 09, 06:03 PM
http://anniestreasuretrove.files.wordpress.com/2009/06/russians-are-coming-dvdcover.jpg

billy sol hurok
21st August 09, 08:41 PM
No, teh partyboy iz rite: 1 part kaluha, 2 parts vodka, garnish with NOTHING IT'S A BLACK RUSSION FFS!!1

Cullion
30th August 09, 11:07 AM
Wikipedia says the version I've always thought of as just a standard Black Russian (with cola) is called a Tall Black Russian.

jubei33
30th August 09, 05:16 PM
yep, this is just the two alcohols mixed together... but, surprisingly it's still damned good. a word of warning though, this will get you f'ed up that much faster since you're not drinking the dairy product at the same time. and still, I prefer the taste with the cream in it

No, it wouldn't. Same amount of booze=same happy dance

the liver processes alcohol at the same rate in this instance.

BUT

you can still prefer the taste of cream in yours.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
30th August 09, 06:23 PM
Take 100% ethanol and add powdered gun powder, stirring until dissolved. I've been drinking this for a week and I already have a hairier chest and a throatier voice.

partyboy
31st August 09, 01:00 AM
Take 100% ethanol and add powdered gun powder, stirring until dissolved. I've been drinking this for a week and I already have a hairier chest and a throatier voice.

do you also cook neighbors' dogs with the 100 ft flame your farts shoot out?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
31st August 09, 04:15 AM
No, I use them to fight crime.

Ajamil
31st August 09, 02:53 PM
Why do you need to powder the gun powder? Isn't it already powdered?

Powder...that's one of those words that quickly sounds silly and loses meaning if said over and over. Powder powder powder powder...

I powder so hard, we fell off the bed.

theotherserge
31st August 09, 05:43 PM
No, it wouldn't. Same amount of booze=same happy dance

the liver processes alcohol at the same rate in this instance.

BUT

you can still prefer the taste of cream in yours.
The fat in the cream does reduce the stomach's absorption of alcohol. I know this from experience, respect my authori-TAI!!

partyboy
31st August 09, 06:21 PM
but what if you use fat-free cream?

jubei33
1st September 09, 03:53 AM
The fat in the cream does reduce the stomach's absorption of alcohol. I know this from experience, respect my authori-TAI!!

Fats are metabolised via a different mechanism than ethanol. it is a toxin, so it will generally be metabolized first by the liver. Of the alcohol drank, 20% is absorbed through the stomach lining, 10% is lost through the skin and expelled through the lungs and the remaining 70% is absorbed through the small intestine and taken to the liver via the portal vein.

the most important factor determining the rate of absorption is gastric emptying, however. Faster the drainage, the faster the take up of alcohol. Fats slow this drainage, BUT do not change the total amount a body must metabolize. It changes the rate not the consumption.

You still have to pay the pied piper.

jubei33
3rd September 09, 03:05 AM

xO0NbtmXMx8
?

pssss. camerero una cervesa por favor.

http://peasandbananas.com/wp-content/uploads/2009/08/whiterussian.jpg

drinking one now in 3.2.1..