PDA

View Full Version : A man pays his towing fees with pennies

Big Dozer
10th August 09, 04:31 PM
Mzc8vS-ac-g

Man plays his Towing fee of $88 with 8,800 pennies.

EuropIan
10th August 09, 04:40 PM
lol, legal tender.

jubei33
10th August 09, 05:08 PM
well, I bet the mild inconvenience of lifting 10 or so lbs as they go to the bank would make up for the 25 drunken mile hike home....

OZZ
10th August 09, 05:36 PM
This guy's a loser..
I know it sucks having your car towed, but only an immature jerk would do something like this and film it while his equally immature buddy giggles beside him.
Loser.

Ajamil
10th August 09, 05:51 PM
So douche guy parks illegally and goes drinking (according to the info, dancing as "The Pub" is the name of a night club), only to stumble back and find his car towed. Thinking the universe that was made for him seems to have a programming glitch, he decides to "teach it a lesson" by bending over and ponying up the cash, except he'll be smarmy about it and waste his time either finding or converting $88 into pennies, boxing up said pennies, and taking them to a girl who's bored out of her mind doing a reception job probably for minimum wage and gets yelled at a lot by other douches who got their cars towed.

So to make up for wasting his time and money by getting his car towed, he now wastes his time AND the girl's time by having to stand there while she has to count it. Let's not forget all the cops that arrived - this is exactly what they love to do all day. Seven cops and one hour - sheesh.

Where exactly is the great revenge?

If I was the girl, the first thing I would've said is "count it." No reason for me to do it; if the douche wouldn't then I would have to assume that it wasn't all there and reject his payment.

Or better yet, give him his car piece by piece.

This would be funny if they weren't all smug and thinking that they won some battle over the evil towing cartel.

Ajamil
10th August 09, 05:54 PM
There was one silver lining to this - an awesome related video!

LWJhF7yfnI4

Dunno how it was related, but it was there, and it is awesome.

jubei33
10th August 09, 06:14 PM
^yep.

either that or:

Recept: "Did you like it?"
Jerk: "Yeah...wut?"
R: "the walk home last night? Was it worth it?"
J: "..."
R: "I got paid to deal with your bullshit."
J: "I still made you count it"
R: "I know, counting might seem like a difficult task when you use your fingers."
J: "bitch.."
R: "I towed your car, made you walk home, go to the bank and count and exchange those pennies, carry them here, ...Oh yeah, and you're also out a night's drinks. Yeah, you showed me up."
J: ....
R: "don't forget your receipt, chump."

Steve
10th August 09, 06:47 PM
I highly doubt that he had 8,800 pennies under his couch cushions at home. So the dude had to go the bank to get 176 rolls of pennies then break them all up before lugging them to the police impound (just to have more of his tax dollars wasted while someone either counts them out or just feeds them into a coin rolling machine)...

And I thought he wasted enough of his life walking home the 20 miles the night before.

TheMightyMcClaw
10th August 09, 07:59 PM
I'm not so sure I concur the with the consensus here; the gentleman who made the video certainly seemed to be having an absolutely marvelous time throughout the whole ordeal; I doubt he considers it time "wasted" at all.
A petty and childish dick move? Yes, certainly. But he still seems to have enjoyed himself in the end.

Ka-Bar
10th August 09, 09:03 PM
Self-important frat boy douchebags + too much free time + camcorder + Florida = pissing me off.

Big Dozer
10th August 09, 10:39 PM
Looking back what really annoys me is that the cops had to waste their time with this shit. I dont like wasting the Police's time with nonesense. When I came home from school(I carpool) to find that some asshole had hit my Explorer. I took a bunch of pictures, printed them and then went down to the police station and filed a report. There were atleast 3 cops there. Where I live there is a real crime happening every day. Wether its a robbery, murder, actual accident...etc. Its a lot more important than a dented up rear hatch and counting out $8800 pennies.

Ka-Bar
10th August 09, 10:43 PM
Looking back what really annoys me is that the cops had to waste their time with this shit. I dont like wasting the Police's time with nonesense. When I came home from school(I carpool) to find that some asshole had hit my Explorer. I took a bunch of pictures, printed them and then went down to the police station and filed a report. There were atleast 3 cops there. Where I live there is a real crime happening every day. Wether its a robbery, murder, actual accident...etc. Its a lot more important than a dented up rear hatch and counting out $8800 pennies.

Tell me you're not talking about Davis.

Big Dozer
10th August 09, 10:59 PM
I am reffering more to Sacramento actually lol. As for Davis the frat boys stealing things for initiation is more important lol.

Cullion
11th August 09, 02:39 AM
It depends why the parking space was illegal. In the UK we're seeing parking and traffic law lose almost all relationship with ensuring road safety or convenience of travel and just turn into a fairly arbitrary revenue raising mechanism.

If that was the case, well, taking it in pennies might stop them pestering people.

Ajamil
11th August 09, 09:34 AM
Won't stop anything, tow companies are contracted with whoever owns the real estate - they have no say over who they tow and when.

When I worked as a property manager for a condo complex (for college kids, worst idea ever), our lot had one parking space for each condo even though four people were supposed to live there, and no guests spaces. Assigned spaces too, so if someone parked in your space, they got towed, but if you parked in someone else's space because your spot was taken? You still got towed.

Worst setup in the world, and I called tow trucks a number of times. It really sucked because I agreed with the residents, but had shit-all I could do about it that wouldn't cost me my job.

I got yelled at a lot at that job, but it was easy and payed well.

Big Dozer
12th August 09, 12:34 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR693RKknf4

nihilist
12th August 09, 01:22 AM
http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&safe=off&num=100&q=towing+scams&btnG=Search&aq=f&oq=&aqi=

Cullion
12th August 09, 02:03 AM
Won't stop anything, tow companies are contracted with whoever owns the real estate - they have no say over who they tow and when.

You can make it annoying and more costly.

Worst setup in the world, and I called tow trucks a number of times. It really sucked because I agreed with the residents, but had shit-all I could do about it that wouldn't cost me my job.

I got yelled at a lot at that job, but it was easy and payed well.

This bit is depressing.

Ajamil
12th August 09, 02:03 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SR693RKknf4

This is top of the line!....back in the day.

Odacon
15th August 09, 02:57 PM
What a bunch of losers, imagine having nothing better to do than this. Also Imagine working a shit job an these clowns show up an pull something like this, I'd pour a big bunch of those pennies into a sock and beat them to death with it.