PDA

View Full Version : What happened to my Harley

Big Dozer
7th August 09, 10:08 PM
OK, I came into some money about a year ago. Most of it went to my education. But I decided to get myself something nice. I decided to get a Harley. I found a great deal on a 2006 Street Bob. Some road rash, but I went up and test drove it and it ran great. The guy was in a bind and it was an awesome deal. I got my money on a Wednesday and the plan was to meet this guy on Saturday. I decided to go all out. Harley boots, Harley shirts, Harley vest, Harley jacket, hell my dog even has a Harley collar. Saturday comes. I put the ramp and straps into my truck and and I am opening the cab door when I phone rings. It was the seller. Apparently Friday night his neighbor had a party and he left the bike parked out front. A guy in an F-250 from the party backed over the bike and then pulled forward over the bike. He got out of the truck, looked at the bike, got back in the truck and pealed out. The seller didnt get the plates.

I now have all this really cool looking stuff and Honda Recon and an old Enduro. Had a Polaris Hawkeye...Sister wrecked it though.

Ka-Bar
7th August 09, 11:37 PM
You're in Davis right? That makes sense, because most people with a college education realize that Harleys suck ass. Mr. F-250 did you a favor.

Go put all your orange and black S&M gear on eBay for some fat 40-year old in midlife crisis mode to buy and put it toward a real motorcycle.

Big Dozer
7th August 09, 11:41 PM
I am in Davis now. I was in Idaho and just like all my buddies with the crotch rockets you like to bash Harleys. But Harleys hold their value far better then the majority of bikes I have seen. Go to craigs list. You will see crotch rockets just a few years old going for around $2000-$5000. You will see 20 year old Harleys selling for $16,000. They hold their value.

WarPhalange
7th August 09, 11:54 PM
But I decided to get myself something nice. I decided to get a Harley.

Huh?

Big Dozer
7th August 09, 11:56 PM
You people have no taste. Also I think I am a foot to tall to ride a crotch rocket. Never met a guy over 5'8 who rides them. I think its cause they got little man syndrome.

WarPhalange
7th August 09, 11:58 PM
It has nothing to do with taste. This isn't like wearing a jean jacket vs. a checker pattern sweater. Harleys are just poor quality. Period.

Ka-Bar
7th August 09, 11:59 PM
I am in Davis now. I was in Idaho and just like all my buddies with the crotch rockets you like to bash Harleys. But Harleys hold their value far better then the majority of bikes I have seen. Go to craigs list. You will see crotch rockets just a few years old going for around $2000-$5000. You will see 20 year old Harleys selling for $16,000. They hold their value.

I don't care for crotch rockets. I think they make as much sense for everyday riding as an underpowered, overly-loud Harley does. Harleys hold their overly-inflated value because people are sheep and are willing to shell out gobs of money just to have something with the Harley name on it.

If a vehicle holding its value is your primary concern, you might as well buy a Model T and drive it to work every day, because the value of those are never going to go down. Or if investment is all you're interested in, look into the precious metals market, I'm making some pretty good returns there.

There is not a single Harley model that performs better, handles better, is more reliable, is more fuel-efficient or more comfortable than a significantly cheaper model from another manufacturer.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th August 09, 12:27 AM
Harley's are overpriced, but they're bog standard so whatever. What's really obnoxious is that you actually bought all that stupid Harley gear just because you were getting a motorcycle. Harley licensed bullshit isn't acceptable when you buy a Harley. It's not acceptable when you don't own a Harley either. It's not even acceptable when you're eight feet tall and rip the spines out of bears like Sub-Zero.