PDA

View Full Version : Another Review: Cheap Monday "Picasso" Chambray Shirt

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st August 09, 04:42 AM
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/BullshidoTrail/cheapchamb1.jpg
http://i157.photobucket.com/albums/t67/BullshidoTrail/cheapchamb3.jpg

Fit: Kind of strange, actually. There's potential in this cut, but it seems to be oversized at least one size. I'm not familiar with Cheap Monday's sizing, but (as much as I hate to admit this) I just don't quite fill out even the XS.

Material: Beat my expectations for the brand. The chambray is fairly thick and has a decent texture to it considering the price point. There's not a whole lot to write about here. Uh, it's a decent summer or transition shirt? Might even layer well for winter?

Construction: Not bad, the seams and buttons are all clean and sturdy...except for a problem button on the front, which is already unravelling. Maybe it was the last stitch and the seamster just phoned it in? What the fuck. Not a difficult fix, but a little disappointing.

Branding: Not obnoxious, but kind of conspicuous given that it's just a button up shirt. The little white tab you see on the pocket says "MONDAY"on the front and "CHEAP" on the back (I would have preferred it the other way around for the lulz) and the brand's skull logo is placed at the bottom of the buttons. I think I might end up ripping that one off.

RUNDOWN
+ Not a bad shirt for the price
+ Not a bad fit
- But huge
- Who the fuck did this last button?

Spade: The Real Snake
1st August 09, 02:53 PM
That shirt needs the name "HANK" or "VINNIE" or "LOU" embroidered, in cursive, over the left breast with a nice Texaco patch above the right.

Ajamil
5th August 09, 11:55 PM
BTW, I really like the way you're streamlining your writing style, MJS. The fit/fabric/construction/branding is a nice breakdown.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th August 09, 06:44 PM
The fit improved significantly with a wash, all 3% of shrinkage made all the difference. It's a hair bigger than I'd normally get but it has the feel of more of a classic fit that way.

6th August 09, 06:53 PM
Did you get "Jimmie" embroidered over the pocket?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
6th August 09, 09:50 PM
people confuse this for something fancy
WAI U SO DRESSED UP

6th August 09, 11:07 PM
people confuse this for something fancy
WAI U SO DRESSED UP
Because you are in SoCal.
BRAH