PDA

View Full Version : Gamer. Xbox Live Movie.

mrblackmagic
31st July 09, 09:13 PM
It's a novel concept. Online gamers control prisoners in real life full scale battles and fail in real life. If the convicts survive 30 sessions, they get their freedom. That's the plan anyway. Gerard Butler plays Kable, a death row inmate with over 28 wins. Of course, the big bad game developer (Michael C Hall) doesn't want to let him go so easily.

Let's watch.

9ubYTIazskQ

EuropIan
1st August 09, 03:17 AM
Yeah, but can he do shoryukens?

partyboy
1st August 09, 09:07 AM
yay, dexter in a movie role!

yay, running man to the Nth degree!

Spade: The Real Snake
1st August 09, 10:27 AM
Seen the previews a couple of times and liked it.....seemed like a cross between new Death Race and the Condemned.

syberia
8th September 09, 08:20 AM
This is out in the US now, right? Has anyone seen it? Please tell me they didn't ruin it. Its not out here till october though, so no spoilers.
I really want to see this.

EuropIan
8th September 09, 12:21 PM
This is out in the US now, right? Has anyone seen it? Please tell me they didn't ruin it. Its not out here till october though, so no spoilers.
I really want to see this.
Why?.. It seems horrible.

If it's just because you want to oogle Gerrad Butler then it's ok..

But it really looks like Death Race with all the fun removed and replaced with a VIDEYA GAEMZ R BAD, KAY?

syberia
8th September 09, 02:42 PM
Why?.. It seems horrible.

Its got explosions, Gerrad Butler and Dexter, how the hell is that horrible?

If it's just because you want to oogle Gerrad Butler then it's ok..

See? Even you have man love for Leonidas.

But it really looks like Death Race with all the fun removed and replaced with a VIDEYA GAEMZ R BAD, KAY?

I havent seen Death Race, yet. Any good?

Its an action movie that, for me, hasn't been hyped up out of all proportion. (travelling, so out of the loop its not funny).
Plus, i dont need a reason to want to see it. (As if Gerrad Butler and Micheal Hall in the same scene isn't enough, for actions sake.)

Ajamil
8th September 09, 10:20 PM
I liked Death Race. Decent premise to set up the anti-hero, and well driven (tee hee).

Neildo
9th September 09, 02:58 AM
i actually like ludacris as an actor. he was believable in fast and furious 2, and he was the only one who took his role seriously in max payne. not the best examples though, both those movies were pretty terrible.

the premise looks predictable and cheesy, but the action sequences look pretty sweet. the game that will probably come out before the release of the movie might not be too bad either, worth a rental.

Ajamil
9th September 09, 11:27 AM
Making a game off a movie about playing a game - no matter how "real" the movie gtame is - is going to annoy me.

What would you do? Control the guy controlling the guy that gets to shoot people? Even better, it should be a platformer game that comes out on the iPhone.

Neildo
9th September 09, 05:50 PM
it should just try and immerse you in the story, cleverly putting you in the position of 'the player' in the movie, and you'd get to make gerard butler run around fragging the shit out of everything. i'd play it.

EuropIan
9th September 09, 06:00 PM
Its got explosions, Gerrad Butler and Dexter, how the hell is that horrible?

Explosions doesn't do it for me anymore.

See? Even you have man love for Leonidas.

Much like Bridget, everyone is gay for Loenidas

I havent seen Death Race, yet. Any good?

Its an action movie that, for me, hasn't been hyped up out of all proportion. (travelling, so out of the loop its not funny).
Plus, i dont need a reason to want to see it. (As if Gerrad Butler and Micheal Hall in the same scene isn't enough, for actions sake.)
The trailers are all like:

WATCH ONE MORE ACTION FILM THIS SUMMER.

THE LAST TIME GERAD BUTLER KICKED THIS MUCH ASS IT WAS 300 YEARS AGO.

I'm guessing the sophmoric videogame angle is pissing me off.

Mainly because it seems like the premise was written in the late eighties.