PDA

View Full Version : SURPRISE! Dick, Cheney, wanted use excuse of terrorism to suspend Posse Comitatus.

Dagon Akujin
25th July 09, 03:27 PM
Can't believe there isn't already a thread on the latest about this dick:

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/07/25/alg_cheney.jpg

http://abcnews.go.com/Politics/wireStory?id=8171207

Report: Bush Mulled Sending Troops Into Buffalo
Bush considered sending US troops into Buffalo suburb to arrest terror suspects, paper says
WASHINGTON July 25, 2009 (AP)

The Bush administration in 2002 considered sending U.S. troops into a Buffalo, N.Y., suburb to arrest a group of terror suspects in what would have been a nearly unprecedented use of military power, The New York Times reported.

Vice President Dick Cheney and several other Bush advisers at the time strongly urged that the military be used to apprehend men who were suspected of plotting with al Qaida, who later became known as the Lackawanna Six, the Times reported on its Web site Friday night. It cited former administration officials who spoke on condition of anonymity.

The proposal advanced to at least one-high level administration meeting, before President George W. Bush decided against it.

Dispatching troops into the streets is virtually unheard of. The Constitution and various laws restrict the military from being used to conduct domestic raids and seize property.

According to the Times, Cheney and other Bush aides said an Oct. 23, 2001, Justice Department memo gave broad presidential authority that allowed Bush to use the domestic use of the military against al-Qaida if it was justified on the grounds of national security, rather than law enforcement.

Among those arguing for the military use besides Cheney were his legal adviser David S. Addington and some senior Defense Department officials, the Times reported.

Opposing the idea were Condoleezza Rice, then the national security adviser; John B. Bellinger III, the top lawyer at the National Security Council; FBI Director Robert S. Mueller III; and Michael Chertoff, then the head of the Justice Department's criminal division.

Bush ultimately nixed the proposal and ordered the FBI to make the arrests in Lackawanna. The men were subsequently arrested and pleaded guilty to terrorism-related charges.

Scott L. Silliman, a Duke University law professor specializing in national security law, told the Times that a U.S. president had not deployed the active-duty military on domestic soil in a law enforcement capacity, without specific statutory authority, since the Civil War.

I mean, what the fuck is wrong with that guy? "No, George, don't use our actual police forces or everyone will think we are pussies!!! USE THE MILITARY INSTEAD!" I'm quite happy that Dubya actually stood up to the dick and told him no (which also gives a good "HA HA" to Scooter Libby).

WarPhalange
25th July 09, 03:33 PM
My respect level for Bush and Condi just went up a bit. Thank you for having the brains and spines to say "no" to the party line.

Dagon Akujin
25th July 09, 03:44 PM
http://www.theresabathory.com/images/awards/cheney_02.jpg

http://i155.photobucket.com/albums/s301/truthgonewild/NaziCheney3.jpg

HappyOldGuy
25th July 09, 04:02 PM
Nun has something of a point that the abuses of the last administration are less important now that they have been driven out of power like a whipped dog.

Of course it is still worthwhile to remind him that these were the fuckheads he supported at the time, just in case he starts thinking his opinions are trustworthy.

Dagon Akujin
25th July 09, 04:12 PM
http://rantburg.com/rantburg/images/LezbMotto.jpg

Phrost
25th July 09, 04:36 PM
What a Cheney.

Dagon Akujin
25th July 09, 04:44 PM
^^^^^^^^I find it rather ironic that you have Obama spitting in and smoking the Declaration. Do you also have the one where Bush calls the Constitution "Just a goddamn piece of paper"?

Hmmm....

Dagon Akujin
25th July 09, 04:59 PM
^^^^^^^Well, I didn't vote for him.

kracker
25th July 09, 05:02 PM
Quit living in the past man. You are harshing my mellow. We have Obama now, your savior, remember?

The Dems suck, this must mean the Republican party is TEH AWESOMENESS. Right?

WarPhalange
25th July 09, 05:09 PM
Quit living in the past man. You are harshing my mellow. We have Obama now, your savior, remember?

We wouldn't need a savior if your gimp of a leader hadn't masturbated all over the Constitution.

WarPhalange
25th July 09, 05:18 PM
He wouldn't have masturbated all over the Constitution if your pal Bill Clinton hadn't drawn all of those naughty pictures on it!

He wouldn't have drawn anything anywhere if your gimp's daddy, Gimp Sr., hadn't left his crayons when he moved out.

Phrost
25th July 09, 05:21 PM
^^^^^^^^I find it rather ironic that you have Obama spitting in and smoking the Declaration. Do you also have the one where Bush calls the Constitution "Just a goddamn piece of paper"?

Hmmm....

IT'S NOT A FUCKING DICHOTOMY

Dagon Akujin
25th July 09, 05:28 PM
^^^^^^^^^Just making sure your hatred goes both ways. That's cool, and I expected it as so. Personally though, I'm still in the "We can't really judge Obama just yet" because I figured he should at least get a year in office before we should really start calling him crazy.

I decided that when Conservative Talk (nazi) Radio was frothing at the mouth about the "Obama Recession" and how "Obama's policies had ruined the country"..... after the election but before the guy even had his first day in office.

Oh, btw, I voted for Ron Paul.

Robot Jesus
25th July 09, 06:00 PM
This is terrible! It would have left the criminals all confused what with the different uniforms and all. Everyone should be shouting and losing sleep over this instead of worrying about high taxes and government waste and other stuff. After all, this almost maybe happened! Those kind of things are what plague me the most! Maybe we should all travel to the alternate reality where it did happen so even more hysteria is justifed! Dogs and cats, living together!

you have a point, but does anyone else have the feeling that we are at the thin edge of a very large and crazy wedge?

socratic
26th July 09, 07:10 AM
You are one of those looney 'flat earthers'

The world is round, doofus! YOU CAN'T FALL OFF!

Nuh uh, you totally can! The only reason we don't have testimony is the guys who found the edge fell off and died!

Cullion
26th July 09, 07:17 AM
If you chumps want a vote that meant something you should've bought Goldman Sachs stock.

socratic
26th July 09, 07:20 AM
Phrost, has Obama actually done anything beyond bail out the banks that is actually 'bad'? I mean, you make it sound like every word out of his mouth is an attempt to destroy the constitution. How many acts or bills has he passed yet? He's barely done anything and you're certain he's gonna make a wicked spliff out of the constitution which your favourite politicians really don't care much about anyways. Pretty much every appearance you make on Sociocide seems some hysterical condemnation of Obama or Liberals. It's just a good thing you're just as crazy about martial arts as you are politics or you'd, you know... Sound utterly nuts. Or at least, more than you are.

Ajamil
26th July 09, 01:56 PM
Putting banks under govt. control is some wicked bad for a libertarian. Now, he's doing the same with our medical, and got a lot of our automobile industry. Things he hasn't done and said he would include closing Gitmo (I know the complications, at least a progress report to show they're working on it) and ended the war (lessened troops is a good show, but unless it's followed up all he's done is weaken our position there). He also brought attention to smashing a fly on national TV (murderer!!).

Good things would be having the world start to love the US again, and...uhm....seriously at a loss on this one, but that loving us again thing is pretty big.

socratic
26th July 09, 10:41 PM
Putting banks under govt. control is some wicked bad for a libertarian. Now, he's doing the same with our medical, and got a lot of our automobile industry. Things he hasn't done and said he would include closing Gitmo (I know the complications, at least a progress report to show they're working on it) and ended the war (lessened troops is a good show, but unless it's followed up all he's done is weaken our position there). He also brought attention to smashing a fly on national TV (murderer!!).

It's not like you're going to run out of banks, anyway, and your car industry collapsed, just like the banks did, because of their own foolishness. That the US government is running them is probably a boon to their employees. Not that I fully approve of the buyouts; I just don't see where Phrost comes up with these "He's destroying our constitutional rights!" stuff from. Seriously. That was Bush and The Republicans. They're really not interested in representing grassroots constitutionalist thought, they're all about Family Values and the agendas of big businesses.

Good things would be having the world start to love the US again, and...uhm....seriously at a loss on this one, but that loving us again thing is pretty big.

He only started a few months ago. Why not give him a few more months to get going? Seriously, in a 4-year-minimum career a few months isn't all that much time. At least making moves to shut down Gitmo and the War are an incredibly dramatic about-face; I think it's pretty impressive that he's at least saying he's moving away from the fascist-esque institions of the Bush era. I mean, it's not like the whole Gitmo thing was entirely illegal or anything.

socratic
26th July 09, 10:46 PM
I find it hilarious how people make a fuss about Obama doing weed a few times yet forget ol' Repug George was/is a cokehead and has more than one DUI to his name. I'm betting the entire republican party has narcotics skeletons in their closets. At least the ones who don't have repressed homosexuality in their closets.

Phrost
27th July 09, 08:47 AM
The fact that Obama's smoked weed is a plus as far as I'm concerned.

I don't do drugs (well, beyond caffeine and cigars), but think marijuana should be legalized and taxed.

elipson
27th July 09, 09:18 AM
The fact that Obama isn't embarrassing America on the world stage is a fairly big plus.

Cheney, what an asshole.

Zendetta
27th July 09, 12:10 PM
Nun has something of a point that the abuses of the last administration are less important now that they have been driven out of power like a whipped dog.

Except the precedents still stand. Posse Comitatus has been officially gutted, for example.

Of course it is still worthwhile to remind him that these were the fuckheads he supported at the time, just in case he starts thinking his opinions are trustworthy.

This point is certainly still valid.

HappyOldGuy
27th July 09, 12:17 PM
Except the precedents still stand. Posse Comitatus has been officially gutted, for example.

The changes to the law were repealed before shrub even left office. (against his will, but repealed nonetheless).

Zendetta
27th July 09, 12:24 PM
The changes to Posse Com. law?

I didn't catch that. Are you sure?

HappyOldGuy
27th July 09, 12:32 PM
It's wikipedia, but you can check up on it.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Insurrection_Act#Repeal_of_amendments

Zendetta
27th July 09, 01:09 PM
Hmm. I thought I saw something from 2009 though. I'll have to do some searching.

Phrost
27th July 09, 04:53 PM
The fact that Obama isn't embarrassing America on the world stage is a fairly big plus.
Handing out iPods to the Queen and a DVD collection to the UK's blind Prime Minister not embarrassing enough for you?

How about promising unemployment would stay under 8% if the stimulus was passed, only to have it passed and hit 9.5%? $800 Billion for stimulus to create "or save" (whatever the fuck that means) 600,000 jobs? Fuck, why not just send out checks for 600k checks to random citizens for $1.3M each? That'd stimulate the economy directly.

Or are you one of those folks who only cares about how someone looks and sounds while they're making an ass out of themselves?

Cullion
27th July 09, 05:04 PM
The Queen got on alright with the Obamas because :-

a) She was trying to repair diplomatic damage done by our inept prime minister's refusal to commit the resources requested by our staunchest and most powerful military ally for the Middle East, and constantly, publicly trying to blame our country's economic problems on the US.

b) Every major media outlet is scrutinizing her and her entire extended family for any whiff of racism at all times.

It's a misunderstanding of the royal family to think that an Ipod would somehow be an insulting or inappropriate gift.

Gordon Brown isn't blind, he's just a delusional cunt. He's lucky he got any sort of gift at all.

socratic
27th July 09, 06:56 PM
Handing out iPods to the Queen and a DVD collection to the UK's blind Prime Minister not embarrassing enough for you?

How about promising unemployment would stay under 8% if the stimulus was passed, only to have it passed and hit 9.5%? $800 Billion for stimulus to create "or save" (whatever the fuck that means) 600,000 jobs? Fuck, why not just send out checks for 600k checks to random citizens for $1.3M each? That'd stimulate the economy directly.

Or are you one of those folks who only cares about how someone looks and sounds while they're making an ass out of themselves?

Oh noes, Obama was wrong the projected effects of the stimulus.

I lol long and hard that you think gift-giving is embarrassing, and I laugh even harder that you think the PM of England is blind. This is what happens when you listen to conservative radio, Phrost, the fuckers tell you stupid shit and you believe them.

AAAhmed46
27th July 09, 06:57 PM
It would have been fun to watch in the news though....

socratic
29th July 09, 04:19 AM
What are you supposed to give to the queen of england that she couldn't get any day of the week? Aside from a peice of paper saying "Sorry about the war of independence, we've changed our minds and want to rejoin the Empire"