PDA

View Full Version : Dexter Season 4 Thread: take note, no more spoiler tags after post 67

Ajamil
24th July 09, 11:17 PM
Not finding a thread on this. Everyone talked out on it? I'm only in Season 1, but I like how filled out the characters are getting.

Steve
24th July 09, 11:38 PM
Stick started a thread for this show when it came out. We've talked about all 3 seasons, great show. I'd find the thread for you but I only have my phone available to me right now.

Robot Jesus
25th July 09, 12:34 AM
the third book is shit, his dark passenger turns out to be a daemon. then a bigger daemon shows up and scares it off, so now daring dexter is left horribly human; and yet but still to battle with this new foe.

I'm glad they didn't try to follow the books.

partyboy
25th July 09, 12:55 AM
new season starts in about a month!!

socratic
25th July 09, 02:20 AM
the third book is shit, his dark passenger turns out to be a daemon. then a bigger daemon shows up and scares it off, so now daring dexter is left horribly human; and yet but still to battle with this new foe.

I'm glad they didn't try to follow the books.

Wha?

MrGalt
25th July 09, 03:58 AM
The third book was absolute garbage. Moloch? Seriously? Fuck that nonsense. The kids as apprentice killers was a cool idea though, as was Dr. Danko.

I swore off Jeff Lindsay after that, but did anybody make it to the fourth book? It's out now, right?

socratic
25th July 09, 04:08 AM
Dexter was based on novels and the novels had demons? What!?

MrGalt
25th July 09, 04:11 AM
Read the first two novels. Then stop.

partyboy
25th July 09, 08:35 AM
screw the novels.

just watch the series.

EuropIan
25th July 09, 08:44 AM
I liked seasons 1 & 2 season 3 was meh

partyboy
27th September 09, 09:56 PM
season 4 started tonight, pre-air has been out for awhile.

all i can say though -

HE HAD HIS HOOKS IN! HE HAD HIS HOOKS IN!!!!

Steve
27th September 09, 10:02 PM
I came here to post about this, thanks for the tip about the early release!

EuropIan
28th September 09, 08:04 PM
HE HAD HIS HOOKS IN! HE HAD HIS HOOKS IN!!!!
this..

Ajamil
1st October 09, 01:37 AM
Yes, also:

Who immediately thought of baby monitor at 40:40?

EuropIan
19th October 09, 10:48 PM
So four episodes in....

What the hell...

omg

Lundie

Debbie

OMG
Cliffhanger

Steve
20th October 09, 12:56 AM
Just finished the latest episode. Saw it coming a mile away.

At least the Lundie bit, Deb, not so much.

EuropIan
20th October 09, 01:01 AM
me too...Obviously deb isn't going to die.

Also, hot killer cop-lady

Ajamil
20th October 09, 09:16 AM
To Isohunt!!

EuropIan
20th October 09, 09:22 AM
I watch it streaming..

Ajamil
20th October 09, 09:43 AM
No one cares about your post-coital habits, Ian.

A.D.D
20th October 09, 06:49 PM
Also, hot killer cop-lady

NSFW: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9q27d_better-than-chocolate_sexy

Damn, typo.

EuropIan
20th October 09, 06:53 PM
There's no way I'm watching that in the middle of a starbucks

nihilist
20th October 09, 08:16 PM
I really hate this thread right now.

partyboy
20th October 09, 08:22 PM
NSFW: http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x9q27d_better-than-chocolate_sexy

Damn, typo.

christina cox doesn't seem to age like other human beings

Ajamil
20th October 09, 10:29 PM
Dammit. Internet would have to be all crappy right now, and I grabbed an mkv file.

To the codecs!!

Stick
21st October 09, 01:40 AM
"What is it with you and rape? No one's raping any one!" - Dexter

It almost felt like that line was written for the internet and about Anonymous in particular.

I'm really loving this season so far.

theories...

Trinity is recreating family tragedy. His father was abusive to the whole family leading first to his sister's suicide in the tub, then his mother's jump to her death. Trinity blamed the father, attempted to confront him, was beaten and later exacted vengeance with a hammer.

The parts could be a little off, but he specifically called his jumper "mommy". The "father" character could just as easily be an older brother or uncle. I assume the girl he killed in the tub is a younger sister, but it's possible she's his girlfriend- something along the lines of his parents refusing to accept her, saying she wasn't good enough, this crushes her and leads her to kill herself which drove the mother to guilt and suicide and earned the father a meeting with a hammer.

Lundy and Deb were shot by one of three people: Trinity, The Vacation Murderers, or Anton.

Trinity COULD be out to stop Lundy before he gets too close, but that doesnt quite jive with the way he reacted when he first saw Lundy in broad daylight. Trinity seemed almost releaved to see Lundy and gave him every opportunity to take him or tip his hand about any suspicion- he even dropped his keys on purpose to prolong the interraction and give Lundy a hook.

The Vacation Murderers could obviously have offed him, but that's just too much coincidence and they've set up too perfect a cover story for the two more meaningful motives of Trinity and Anton.

Anton knew where Deb and Lundy were. He knew about the Vacation Murders, as does everyone in Miami, and could easily have modeled his attack on them. He's got one hell of a motive, and given the slow boil as he saw Deb spending more and more time with his ex Anton certainly had an opportunity to plan his hit.

Steve
21st October 09, 03:32 AM
Anton is the shooter, that is my guess. Let's hope they aren't going to be as obvious as the ice truck killer.

Ajamil
21st October 09, 11:15 AM
Lundy really looked stupid with his hair all floofed out after hitting the ground. If they both live, I hope Deb realizes this and breaks it off with him.

partyboy
21st October 09, 11:34 AM
ha. made you look

partyboy
27th October 09, 06:35 AM
good tv shows should always add boobies of the hawt girls.

Steve
3rd November 09, 12:02 AM
Uh oh, I'm sensing the Trinity Killer is going to try and pin the murders on Dexter (by handing over the hammer).... Possible?

Sun Wukong
3rd November 09, 05:31 AM
So, for some reason I've had something rattling around in my head lately.

Michael C. Hall is weird looking. the more I watch the show, the weirder looking he gets.

It's almost like looking at one of those pictures where there's an image hidden within an image and at first the image is amusing and then it slowly turns into something that's actually quite hideous.

I don't think the man looks sinister or scary, just an odd mix of friendly and butt ugly.

partyboy
3rd November 09, 07:40 AM
Uh oh, I'm sensing the Trinity Killer is going to try and pin the murders on Dexter (by handing over the hammer).... Possible?

my guess too... especially since he now has plenty of his DNA (blood) from his cut

partyboy
23rd November 09, 01:33 PM
yay twist endings!

so sexy reporter girl shot debb and lundy... at first I thought it might have been trinity's wife but this is cool. the dexter writers seem to have a thing for pyscho hot bitches.

the show's still as great as ever.

Sun Wukong
1st December 09, 01:53 AM
I really like this season, but there has been an obvious change in the writers. There are some logical gaps that have been bothering me.

Primarily, everyone seems to have Dex's cell number, including Trinity's son. That's an enormous problem forensically because the first thing they do when the either look for him either as a suspect or a missing person is to check his cell phone records to see what he's been doing.

Once the police question his family, Kyle's name is going to come up a lot and they are going to be looking at phone records. Kyle becomes a person of interest and Dexter should logically be in hot water.

I don't see how they could tie this together neatly with so many loose strings hanging around.

Stick
1st December 09, 02:09 AM
These last two episodes were astounding.

As for the Kyle phone # thing; Dexter's likely using a cash only phone, no names, no nothing. As he was building his relationship with Arthur it was pretty clear numbers had changedd hands, it's not unreasonale to find the son had it.

But yeah, his double life antics are going to bite him hard this time.

Sun Wukong
1st December 09, 02:17 AM
As for the Kyle phone # thing; Dexter's likely using a cash only phone, no names, no nothing. As he was building his relationship with Arthur it was pretty clear numbers had changedd hands, it's not unreasonale to find the son had it.

Not working for me. even cash phones have a record with the phone company. his wife has that number. the police department has that number. it's too much of a coincidence if it shows up with the trinity's family too.

They are probably going to gloss over it, because it's too much to explain away logically.

you are right though, these past two episodes have been great; i just wish they paid more attention to detail.

Steve
8th December 09, 12:12 AM
I think detail is right out the window when:

Arther walks right up into the police station and confronts Dexter

MrGalt
8th December 09, 10:33 AM
Not working for me. even cash phones have a record with the phone company. his wife has that number. the police department has that number. it's too much of a coincidence if it shows up with the trinity's family too.

They are probably going to gloss over it, because it's too much to explain away logically.

you are right though, these past two episodes have been great; i just wish they paid more attention to detail.

Actually the latest episode provided an awesome gloss for all of that.

Sun Wukong
9th December 09, 12:02 PM
Actually the latest episode provided an awesome gloss for all of that.

I know, it's like they read my posts 6 months ago.

Ajamil
10th December 09, 12:54 AM
Man if there was ever a time to pretend he didn't know someone.

Steve
10th December 09, 01:08 AM
It's a weird situation since Dex knows everything but Arther is just meeting him for the first time (has no knowledge of his serial killer side). I'm really curious as to why he decided to walk right up and talk to him.

Ajamil
10th December 09, 10:08 PM
I agree, knowing who Dexter was without Dexter's awareness would be an excellent card in his hand.

Do you think the spurning of the daughter is going to lead to more than just her confessing to the cops? I'm seeing some last minute intervention by crazy lady.

Steve
11th December 09, 01:57 AM
Well, considering that the daughter shot herself, I don't think we'll have to worry about her much again.

Yiktin Voxbane
11th December 09, 03:14 AM
You guys don't like spoiling shit for anyone

SFGOON
14th December 09, 01:15 AM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!

EuropIan
14th December 09, 06:32 PM
HOLY FUCKING SHIT!!!!!!!
ON A FLAMING CRACKER!

Rita!
http://www.nintendowiifanboy.com/media/2007/05/darth_vader_nooo.jpg

SFGOON
14th December 09, 08:56 PM
Yeah - that's more apt than it looks at first glance!

EuropIan
14th December 09, 09:14 PM
I know what I'm doing.

Steve
15th December 09, 04:15 AM
Dexter, season 4 = EVIL

SFGOON
15th December 09, 01:38 PM
I TOLLED U!!

Ajamil
15th December 09, 01:46 PM
Oooh, I have just got this too.

Steve
15th December 09, 04:47 PM
I TOLLED U!!

I know!! Now I wish you had spoiled it for me, watching it was like getting kicked in the ribs!

partyboy
15th December 09, 09:17 PM
FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK FUCK

WHY DIDN'T YOU GUYS WARN ME OF THAT SHIT???

partyboy
15th December 09, 09:18 PM
fucking seriously... I just watched the finale and it's like... hard to breathe...

Sun Wukong
16th December 09, 12:20 AM
fucking seriously... I just watched the finale and it's like... hard to breathe...
Yeah, I felt like I got kicked in the balls too.

ojgsxr6
16th December 09, 01:29 AM
I have a feeling we might see her like Dexter's dad, only instead of trying to get him to live by the code she's going to try to stop him from killing

SFGOON
16th December 09, 01:29 AM
I know!! Now I wish you had spoiled it for me, watching it was like getting kicked in the ribs!

:blush: It was horrible, like watching a Care-bear knife fight!!:blush:

SFGOON
16th December 09, 01:42 AM
Oh my God, it was awful!! There was polyester stuffing everywhere!! The Care-bears were snarling and swearing and slashing each other!! One of them actually had a seam ripper! Right heart raccoon tried to stop them and they set him on fire!!

Grumpy bear! He started it all! He slashed Friend Bear's throat and started buggering his dying body!! He didn't even try to give him any first aid, and when take-care-bear tried to stop the bleeding, grumpy pistol whipped her, made her kneel then shot her in the back of the head, execution-style.

All the other Care-Bears tried to hide but didn't do a good job because they were panicking!! Grumpy bear confronted them one by one, tormenting them before executing them!! He'd laugh every time he killed one, like it was some kind of joke!! He cut their throats or stab them repeatedly, or shoot them if they tried to run. All the care-bears were crying, begging him not to kill them!! And he just laughed!! HE JUST LAUGHED!!

:eek:

Ajamil
16th December 09, 01:48 AM
*sigh* I tried not to be spoiled, and I hoped what I saw was wrong, but no NO NO!!!!! Really ruined the moment.

Sun Wukong
16th December 09, 02:25 AM
My question is: How the FUCK is Dexter going to explain this shit to the police?

It will put him under a microscope with no end in sight.

Ajamil
16th December 09, 02:32 AM
Explain what? That they found a 10 yr old boy, then the still not found trinity killer killed a woman.

The only thing suspicious is that he didn't leave town, which can be explained by their investigation freaking him out.

Steve
16th December 09, 03:08 AM

Like I said, no?

Steve
16th December 09, 03:19 AM
Interview by TV Guide of executive producer Sara Colleton regarding the future of Dexter:

http://www.seattlepi.com/tvguide/413268_tvgif14.html

Sun Wukong
16th December 09, 03:22 AM
Explain what? That they found a 10 yr old boy, then the still not found trinity killer killed a woman.

The only thing suspicious is that he didn't leave town, which can be explained by their investigation freaking him out.

She doesn't fit the profile. She's a married woman with 3 children. PLUS, she just happens to the wife of a investigator working his case. That's the kind of shit that is just too strange a coincidence for police to ignore. Not to mention that it's the kind of thing that wouldn't be missed since Trinity is the most prolific serial killer in US history according to the plot and guaranteed to get attention since his spouse is the last victim.

Also, it's going to look weird since his sister lost Lundy and THEN he lost his wife all on the Trinity case.

He's virtually guaranteed to get investigated at least a little given the oddities surrounding the death.

Everything about it looks weird. Where was he? Why wasn't he at home.

Steve
16th December 09, 03:30 AM
Of course Dex is going to be investigated, that is a given. I'm toying with the idea that this will bring Deb and him together like we've never seen before... I know she is the upstanding one but it could turn a page in things, considering what she told Dex about his mother and everything.

Steve
16th December 09, 03:33 AM
NOTE: no more spoiler tags after this post are required, read at your own risk.

Sun Wukong
16th December 09, 03:34 AM
I really don't see Deb as getting involved in anything Dexter does after hours.

Steve
16th December 09, 03:43 AM
He was worried about her finding out everything just to be reassured that she loves him to death (sorry for the pun), now they have something that ties them together with Rita's death (her involvement with a serial killer and his wife dying due to a serial killer, AND then the whole Lundy thing). That is where my train of thought came from.

Sun Wukong
16th December 09, 03:51 AM
I think it would ruin the shows dynamic if Dexter ever had someone who he could really confide in.

I think we'll get the most out of him as long as he's doomed to be alone and segregated even among the people he loves the most.

Thinking about it, Rita really did have to die.

One more log on the fire that is Dexter: the extramarital kiss with the neighbor guy.

Now he goes back to being under the microscope and being suspected left and right; now, it's from lot's of people instead of just Sgt. Doakes.

Steve
16th December 09, 03:57 AM
That kiss is a good point now that she's dead... hmmm.

Sun Wukong
16th December 09, 04:03 AM
What really bothers me? I was starting to develop a crush on the rita character.

Steve
16th December 09, 04:05 AM
Dude, she is so fucking hot. I just saw her as a character in Sliders (season 3), my boner went through the roof.

partyboy
16th December 09, 07:19 AM
so is the series going to start going back to the books? aka rita's kids turn out to be serial killers too?

EuropIan
16th December 09, 12:30 PM
without that supernatural junk, I think.

Ajamil
16th December 09, 04:06 PM
I see two big possibilities. Because Dexter didn't look at the blood-work of the "suicide" (Deb and Trinity daughter alone? eh?), her partner looks at her and investigates, perhaps thinking Dexter covering for her.

Dexter then could be investigated in killing Rita and trying to cover it up - he was mysteriously at the Trinity home before the rest of the crew.

Then Deb and Dexter could either team up and run, or they could turn against each other, or they could go it alone and one parallel lines, or all sorts of stuff!

partyboy
16th December 09, 06:00 PM
^ you're not really helpful

nihilist
2nd September 10, 02:05 AM
Just watched season 4 for the first time.
The Rita character bothered me. Her stupid mumbly baby voice was more than i could put up with. When she wasn't doing the baby talk thing she was a damn fine actress.

Still, even though I was secretly hoping for a serial killer of the terminally cute to come and wipe her out, that came as a fucked-up surprise.

Now I'm not sure if I can wait for season 5 to come out on Blu-ray to watch the rest.

Steve
2nd September 10, 04:09 AM
one of us, one of us.... . . .

rw4th
13th September 10, 11:50 AM
without that supernatural junk, I think.

The supernatural crap ruined the books.