PDA

View Full Version : McDonald's employee arrested for as-salt-ing a police officer

Doritosaurus Chex
23rd July 09, 11:09 AM
Old story, but considering that our favorite pig-hater, TLH works in the food industry, this article can give him a heads up. If you food workers think you're safe from the fuzz while you're doing your job, think again...

No, "over salting" isn't code for anything nasty. The 20-year-old McDonald's worker literally spilled salt on the hamburger meat that was used to make a "Big 'N Tasty" that was served to a Georgia police officer.

The police officer says the burger made him sick—and Kendra Bull, 20, spent a night in jail because of it. According to Kendra, she accidentally spilled too much salt on the hamburger meat, tried to remove it, notified her coworkers, then took a break. During the break she says she ate a burger made from the salty meat.

Officer Wendall Adams got a burger from the over salted batch, took a few bites and came back to confront Kendra. From WISTV:

Bull admitted to spilling the salt on the burger, and the officer asked her to step outside, where he questioned Bull further, she said.
Bull, who has worked at the restaurant for five months, said she did not know a police officer had ordered the burger because she could NOT see the drive-through window from her work area.

Bull said Adams insisted the burger must have had something worse than salt on it. Adams actually did NOT eat the entire burger, and samples were sent to the state crime lab to find out what was in or on the burger that made Adams sick.

Union City public information officer George Louth said Bull was charged with reckless conduct because she served the burger "without regards to the well-being of anyone who might consume it."

A night in jail for a salty burger? Crime lab analysis? Wendall, it was salt. You order your McDonald's, you take your chances. Asking nicely for a new burger would have probably done the trick.

http://consumerist.com/298077/mcdonalds-worker-arrested-for-over-salting-police-officers-burger/

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd July 09, 11:12 AM
A cop pulled me over while on delivery and had the balls to ask why I was in a hurry once.
The speeding ticket didn't stick.

TheLordHumungus
23rd July 09, 11:25 AM
Old story, but considering that our favorite pig-hater, TLH works in the food industry, this article can give him a heads up. If you food workers think you're safe from the fuzz while you're doing your job, think again...

http://consumerist.com/298077/mcdonalds-worker-arrested-for-over-salting-police-officers-burger/

I wanna say this is typical pig behavior. But this guy seems like an enormous power hungry douche, even by police standards.

And a wimp. Couldn't even handle a burger that the employee herself ate.

That's your thin blue line. Sleep well.

WarPhalange
23rd July 09, 12:00 PM
Cop got called out and everyone knows he's an ass. I will sleep well because of that, thank you.

HappyOldGuy
23rd July 09, 12:05 PM
Go ahead Kein, explain how this is SOP and the bitch deserved it.

Kein Haar
23rd July 09, 12:26 PM
Why would you assume I agree with stupid pigs?

I keep saying, every pig is full of his own ACCURATE criticisms of their peers.

I can't even begin to explain how distracting it is to hear about the inaccurate criticisms, or the ones based on unlikely assumptions.

Let's pretend society at large was really into shows about social workers, and had all sorts of retarded assumptions about it, and then proclaimed them as something resembling fact.

It'd put a bee in ur bonnet. You'd say: "Whoa...hold on. That is NOT how the administration handles, x, y, z, blah blah blah."

Of course, nobody gives a damn about social workers or whatever it is you did/do, so nobody comes with a lot of prejudices or strong and misguided opinions.

If they did, you'd be inclined to sort them out first, and try to squeeze in edgewise some genuine perspective...which probably won't be believed anyway, becuase of the thin white-out line of the social worker brotherhood.

HappyOldGuy
23rd July 09, 12:27 PM
Social workers don't get to put people in jail when they are having a bad day or pissy about their fast food service.

Kein Haar
23rd July 09, 12:33 PM
Red herring.

If people spewed nonsense about social work, you'd say "Hold on a second....that's wrong for a lot of reasons. Let me explain why." And silly you would think you're actually being enlightening.

Nobody does that...ever. So you have nothing to be preoccupied with.

Bad, stupid cop. There. I addressed this case.

You had no reason to assume I'd say anything otherwise. All my other explanations have been soundly based, and a great deal have been in speculative defense of police. Sure. Some haven't.

Stop being passive aggressive.

HappyOldGuy
23rd July 09, 12:48 PM
Bad, stupid cop.

Good boy. Have some nice shiny rep.

I don't know where you are getting the rest of this. I'm not a social worker, and on the rare occasions that my profession gets displayed in TV or the movies, it makes every cop show look like the absolute perfect unvarnished truth.

Mostly because my job is incredibly boring, so they have to make it look like a video game to keep people interested.

Kein Haar
23rd July 09, 12:52 PM
You had something to do with the down-and-out...right?

HappyOldGuy
23rd July 09, 12:56 PM
You had something to do with the down-and-out...right?

I worked in private corrections long ago.

Kein Haar
23rd July 09, 12:59 PM
You mean like Outward Bound?

HappyOldGuy
23rd July 09, 01:00 PM
You mean a rape factory?
Please. Every rape was hand crafted with loving care.

Edit: Naah, strictly for profit "cheaper to higher yahoos than CO's" type.

Kein Haar
23rd July 09, 01:02 PM
You caught me before the edit.

I didn't mean rape. I mean something more discreet.

Dude, can I sniff ur finger?

Spade: The Real Snake
23rd July 09, 05:44 PM
Why do all cop-centric threads turn into shithouses of LULZ and FAIL?

HappyOldGuy
23rd July 09, 05:48 PM
I thought this one had ended with gentility and grace.

Till you posted.

23rd July 09, 05:52 PM
I thought this one had ended with gentility and grace.

Till you posted.

Oh, so sorry.
Uh, let me get this back on track......

Don't strait-jackets chafe during the lovingly crafted rape sessions?

23rd July 09, 05:59 PM
That cop should have walked up to the counter, shouted to see the manager, and then yelled: "THAT WAS THE BEST FUCKING BURGER I EVER HAD! MADE ME WANT TO HURT MY MAMA!"
No, a patron who happened to teach African-American Studies at Harvard should have yelled that at the cop.

FriendlyFire
24th July 09, 12:26 AM
Expecting good service from fast food is lulz fail. Sometimes you get it, but always assume the worst, it's not the best and brightest making those burgers.

DAYoung
24th July 09, 12:46 AM
This story is fabricated.

According to official documents, McDonald's has strict quality control procedures.

The only way the burger could've been over-salted is worker sabotage. Militant communist hospitality unions are well known for their blatant disregard for public health and culinary aesthetics.

The stinking Red deserved to spend the night in jail.

WarPhalange
24th July 09, 02:41 AM
Expecting good service from fast food is lulz fail. Sometimes you get it, but always assume the worst, it's not the best and brightest making those burgers.

Doesn't matter how stupid the kids who work there are. There is NO thinking required. The system was put in place specifically for that purpose.

Place meat on grill.
Smush meat with big metal thing.
Lift metal thing, salt and pepper meat (I think that part needs some work).
Take meat off grill and put it in the meat tray, then give it to the burger makers.

Neildo
24th July 09, 03:36 AM
i had you beat by almost 2 years damn

http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=48092

24th July 09, 08:05 AM
This story is fabricated.

According to official documents, McDonald's has strict quality control procedures.

The only way the burger could've been over-salted is worker sabotage. Militant communist hospitality unions are well known for their blatant disregard for public health and culinary aesthetics.

The stinking Red deserved to spend the night in jail.

this fulfills the LULZ portion of the show.

TheLordHumungus
24th July 09, 11:47 AM
I daresay if we were to commission a study comparing cops and people who hate cops, the average citizen would do well to be allot more wary around the latter than the former group. This rings true in my own experience.

By "average citizen" you mean "white and priviliged", don't you?

WarPhalange
24th July 09, 07:01 PM
Cuz cops just start foaming at the mouth any time they are around a non-white or non-privileged person, right?

DAYoung
24th July 09, 07:23 PM
American patriots: stop attacking each other, and focus on the insidious threat that is home-grown terrorism.

Ajamil
24th July 09, 07:56 PM
Wait...we're supposed to stop fighting each other and start fighting each other? The other side ARE terrorists - they HAET Amerca.

DAYoung
24th July 09, 08:15 PM
By 'terrorists', I of course meant 'communists'.

Easy mistake. Also: Stalin. See?

Anyway, band together proud patriots, and put your hardwood paddles to the white, boil-infected rump of Uncle Marx.

OZZ
24th July 09, 08:26 PM
piggy piggy..choke on that salty burger lol

Kein Haar
24th July 09, 10:06 PM
Cuz cops just start foaming at the mouth any time they are around a non-white or non-privileged person, right?

Around the white and privileged we bow and curtsy, as a rule.

Cuz they pay our salaries. We duly appreciate their reminders of that matter. That makes us happy and love the white and privileged even more than what our elitist genetics express on their own.

kracker
24th July 09, 10:40 PM
By "average citizen" you mean "white and priviliged", don't you?

Meh, even then. Minorities may be disproportionately affected by police corruption and brutality but it's not like this kind of stuff never happens to white folks every once in a while too.

TheLordHumungus
25th July 09, 12:30 PM
Yeah but the privileged ones tend to like the police. After all, who else makes their excess possible?

25th July 09, 06:48 PM
Maybe they shoulda given him saltpeter.

resolve
27th July 09, 12:23 AM
I find it ironic that that cop, as a customer, would be someone I would call the cops on if they came into my restaurant.... :-/

I've been threatened multiple times over the phone for shit I didn't even do, let alone things I did (denying a freeloader free food, emphasizing the 'must have receipt' policy, etc). One person even tried to make good on their threat lulz.

TheLordHumungus
27th July 09, 01:17 AM
You'd be fine, as long as the meat was properly salted. And the person on the receiving end wasn't a power hungry douchebag with a badge and a sense of entitlement.

t1pPt0uxAuI

WarPhalange
27th July 09, 11:59 AM
If all asshole cops were like that, I wouldn't mind. Would make the world a lot more entertaining.