PDA

View Full Version : Thank you New Mexico for Bringing Down the Killing Hippy

KO'd N DOA
22nd July 09, 04:23 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/news/national/british-columbia/four-decade-manhunt-ends-in-bloodshed/article1226502/

The Tofino killer, an bible thumping murdering hippy loses a shoot out down in New Mexico. He had been on the run for 40 years. Thank you New Mexico for dealing out justice, and my condolences goes out to the family and friends of the Policeman who got shot.

http://beta.images.theglobeandmail.com/archive/00135/Joseph_Henry_Burges_135543a.jpg

jubei33
22nd July 09, 04:36 PM
yeah, and fuck him too. We need to drag his carcass behind some horses in spite.

(that never went bad for anyone else did it?)

Zendetta
22nd July 09, 05:26 PM
I was camping in the area around Jenner CA the weekend those kids got killed.

But it wasn't me.

Harpy
22nd July 09, 06:01 PM
He killed the first couple in 1972 and has only been located and taken down now? I wonder how many killings the authorities may not know about that can be attributed to him in the space of 37 years *gulp*

Good work by the police but one would think the government and law enforcement agencies would actually pour resources into finding a murderer as soon as possible rather than 37 years after the crime. At least there is justice for the families even this far down the track.

jubei33
22nd July 09, 07:10 PM
http://cusu.org/files/minisites/2351/scooby_doo_tv_01.jpg

yeah if only we had a team of extra-judicial sleuths to track down his christo-hippy crimes he'd been taken down sooner.....

Dark Helmet
22nd July 09, 08:38 PM
He killed the first couple in 1972 and has only been located and taken down now? I wonder how many killings the authorities may not know about that can be attributed to him in the space of 37 years *gulp*

Good work by the police but one would think the government and law enforcement agencies would actually pour resources into finding a murderer as soon as possible rather than 37 years after the crime. At least there is justice for the families even this far down the track.
Thank you the long arm of the law?

Ajamil
22nd July 09, 08:59 PM
His first murder was in B.C., Canada, and they caught him in New Mexico - I'd say they were looking for him for a while, but police crossing international borders is usually a no no (might not be true with how chummy US and Canada are) and state police forces aren't too interconnected either.

What gets me is if the bastard really thought he was the righteous arm of God, why didn't he stay and put his faith the Almighty? Martyrs are praised in the Bible - cowards rot in Hell.

KO'd N DOA
23rd July 09, 10:23 AM
The point I am making is that he was American who ran away from the US and a war - didn't want to kill people - then killed people while avoiding having to kill people, and ran back to the US.

If he wanted to kill people, he should have just gone to Vietnam in the first place.

Spade: The Real Snake
23rd July 09, 11:19 AM
Don't fuck with the Southwest.

Ajamil
23rd July 09, 03:24 PM
Missed the draft dodging in that piece, thanks for pointing it out.

KO'd N DOA
23rd July 09, 03:58 PM
No, thank you - the southwest!

The mounties "always get their man", however this time another lawman got him first.

jubei33
23rd July 09, 03:58 PM
What gets me is if the bastard really thought he was the righteous arm of God, why didn't he stay and put his faith the Almighty? Martyrs are praised in the Bible - cowards rot in Hell.
schizophrenics don't need logic. Ie: he wanted to fuck as many people as possible, but disapproved of unwed people 'sharing a tent'.

Toby Christensen
26th July 09, 12:37 AM
The US and her allies invaded 'Nam under false pretenses. The ordinary soldiers weren't deranged cowards. They were misled.

I have met ex 'Nam vets who fought for Australia in Vietnam. They are both the scariest and most respectable men I have ever met and we owe them our gratitude.

People like this reprobate make me think governments should bill per round expended.

Ajamil
26th July 09, 01:48 AM
Are you thinking the culprit here was part of the military at one point?

Toby Christensen
26th July 09, 04:27 AM
No, I'm saying he was a nut with a glaring double standard.

Spade: The Real Snake
26th July 09, 09:03 AM
No, I'm saying he was a nut with a glaring double standard.

Yes.
The irony of this statement is not lost on me.

Toby Christensen
27th July 09, 12:41 AM
Well, at least you're not making sodomy jokes Plissken.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th July 09, 03:37 AM
i like his sweater, sans text on the breast

Ajamil
27th July 09, 08:13 PM
He reminds me of the actor who played the mortician on MiB. David Cross (Thanks IMDB).

http://cache.gawker.com/news/crossypants.jpg

resolve
28th July 09, 02:07 AM
He also played the horrifying tentacle rape monster on Futurama - Beast With A Billion Backs.