PDA

View Full Version : DO NOT WANT

resolve
8th July 09, 10:32 PM
OK, I should have known better...

I haven't eaten at McDonald's for a long time except to grab a McFlurry now and again as a treat. But today I was pretty hungry and didn't have it in me to make a meal myself (I'm a pretty decent chef but I take forever to make anything). So I go out with my $5 to see what I can get with it.

I notice that there's a sign on McDonald's for their new burgers. Some kind of Angus 1/3 lb burgers that look like steakhouse fare. I think "hey maybe Mickey D's has upped their game after all these years of shoveling crap into the mouths of America!"

WRONG

I got the mushroom melt thinger... and well let's just say I've spent the rest of the day hovering around my toilet... not sick enough to wretch but not well enough to trust myself getting too far from a safe place to vomit.

I'm never eating there again.

WarPhalange
8th July 09, 10:37 PM
I got something similar from Jack in the Box. Wasn't too bad, actually. Huge piece of meat, though. Not eating that burger again. I would have gladly traded half of that burger meat for some more veggies.

MrBadGuy
8th July 09, 11:24 PM
KEKEKEKE, WAZZAMATTER POOPS, GET TOO MUCH MEAT IN YOUR MOUTH? KEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKEKE!

WarPhalange
8th July 09, 11:24 PM
Yes.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th July 09, 11:30 PM
fast food is for eating at 2am when nothing else is open. any time during the day I can get better food for the same price just as quickly.

WarPhalange
8th July 09, 11:32 PM
Your parents charge you for food? That's kind of disturbing.

Steve
8th July 09, 11:32 PM
I got something similar from Jack in the Box. Wasn't too bad, actually. Huge piece of meat, though. Not eating that burger again. I would have gladly traded half of that burger meat for some more veggies.

The Sourdough Jack is excellent hang over food, perhaps one day you'll learn to appreciate that, but I doubt it (and no, that is not a bad thing).

Getting back to McDonald's, I've never been able to eat McNuggets again ever since I bit into one and it was pure fat. :(

But as stated, fast food is for emergency purposes ONLY.

WarPhalange
8th July 09, 11:33 PM
No, I don't like sourdough, actually. It tastes like sipping orange juice after brushing your teeth.

Steve
8th July 09, 11:37 PM
It's not for everybody. I was more referring to you actually getting drunk, that is what I doubt will ever happen.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th July 09, 11:41 PM
Your parents charge you for food? That's kind of disturbing.

For groceries? No. Going out though, I may or may not pay for myself or even my mom's meal, it all depends.

Tanhalen21
9th July 09, 12:13 AM
Getting back to McDonald's, I've never been able to eat McNuggets again ever since I bit into one and it was pure fat. :(
Even grosser:

When I was about 9 or 10 I had a chicken McNugget and it was fucking BLUE on the inside. And not just a little bit of it the ENTIRE goddamned nugget was blue.

WTF.

nihilist
9th July 09, 01:36 AM
What part of the cow does the angus come from?

Steve
9th July 09, 01:38 AM
Reese, I need your input in my scammer thread, pls.

Neildo
9th July 09, 02:36 AM
i've been eating at mcshittys way too much lately. the problem is i'm lazy and don't like preparing food despite being rather good at it. i could make something better and bring it to work but i'd rather spend $5 get hit or miss fries and coke mmmmmm it's so bad for me.

Kiko
9th July 09, 05:42 AM
Real men eat White Castle.

nihilist
9th July 09, 10:12 AM
Real men eat White Castle (http://images.starpulse.com/Photos/Previews/Harold-Kumar-2-03.jpg).

Kiko
9th July 09, 10:31 AM
AT!

At WhiteCastle...

Robot Jesus
9th July 09, 05:53 PM
I ate at the house of Ronald recently and was surprised by the quality. maybe it's because I avoided that thing they refer to a cheese. processed cheese is the bane of fast food, most of it would be half decent with non plastic cheddar.

Ajamil
9th July 09, 11:29 PM
Fun way to get fresh burger is to ask for no ketchup (they put it on all prepared burgers), then just go get some ketchup when you get your burger.

WarPhalange
10th July 09, 12:22 AM
Where the hell do you live that they have prepared burgers ready to serve? I haven't seen that in years. The burgers take all of 10 seconds to make, and the meat could have been lying there for half an hour before you ordered it.

Toby Christensen
10th July 09, 03:02 AM
I miss the fact that Johnny Rockets effectively died in Oz.

People PREFER crap food. PREFER it.

Steve
10th July 09, 03:33 AM
People PREFER crap food. PREFER it.

I'm assuming you are including yourself under the term "people." I know that I wouldn't under that statement.

Toby Christensen
10th July 09, 03:56 AM
"People" as general collective noun, so no.

Ajamil
10th July 09, 08:52 AM
Where the hell do you live that they have prepared burgers ready to serve? I haven't seen that in years. The burgers take all of 10 seconds to make, and the meat could have been lying there for half an hour before you ordered it.

You must forgive me for not being up to date on flesh preparations.

Neildo
10th July 09, 11:07 AM
Fun way to get fresh burger is to ask for no ketchup (they put it on all prepared burgers), then just go get some ketchup when you get your burger.

even better, ask for no salt. they always put salt on the burger when they cook it. it takes longer, they hate you for it, but you'll be guaranteed the freshest possible burger.

i worked in an a&w for 10 days once to pay rent. all fast food joints have a method of keeping cooked burgers warm and semi-fresh so they can serve up quickly. they usually don't keep them sitting around for more than 15-20 minutes.

i've seen how it's done in mcnastys, the kitchens are pretty open. everything has been precooked before it's assembled and served and it's in this weird steamer thing with plastic trays.

WarPhalange
11th July 09, 01:10 PM
Of course it was pre-cooked, but it wasn't prepared until the customer ordered it. Ketchup and mustard came last, after the meat had been lying there for a while already.

The no-salt thing also works on fries.