PDA

View Full Version : The Beatles vs. The Rolling Stones

Japuma
8th July 09, 09:14 AM
When debating the best/most influental/stands the test of time/best catalog?
Who do you pick and why?
What albums swayed your decision?
Who had the better guitarist (Richards Vs. Harrison)?
Better Vocalists (Lennon/Mccartney vs. Jagger)?
Better hair?
Better Looking?

I don't care, just who is the better band?

For my money I have to go with the Beatles. Rubber Soul and Revolver will change your life when listened to in succesion. Not to mention Sgt. Pepper's is probably THE single most influental album ever recorded.

...annnnnnnnd argue!

Yiktin Voxbane
8th July 09, 09:18 AM
Argue be fucked, Beatles by a measurable distance .

Cullion
8th July 09, 09:29 AM
Stones for my subjective opinion of their overall output, Beatles if I think about their early pre-Hippy years only.

Trying to be more objective, the Beatles got more adoration from reviewers and made more money as far as I can tell, but the Stones got used in more movie soundtracks.

MrBadGuy
8th July 09, 10:34 AM
Beatles, because I can't fucking stand Jagger.

jkdbuck76
8th July 09, 11:33 AM
Beatles.

WarPhalange
8th July 09, 11:42 AM
lol classic rock

WarPhalange
8th July 09, 11:43 AM
For the record, I'd rather listen to The Rolling Stones than The Beatles. But that's my subjective view, and I'd probably say that The Beatles had a bigger impact on music as well as being more creative.

Cullion
8th July 09, 12:06 PM
Picture a helicopter doorgunner flying low over the vietnamese rice fields, shooting at villagers indescriminately.

What's playing in the background; 'Paint it Black' or 'I am the Walrus' ?

I rest my case, m'lud.

Japuma
8th July 09, 12:24 PM
Picture a helicopter doorgunner flying low over the vietnamese rice fields, shooting at villagers indescriminately.

I rest my case, m'lud.

Helter Skelter, FTW!

Cullion
8th July 09, 01:05 PM
Being the subject of Charles Manson's obsession certainly scores some points, but the Stones were in the soundtrack of 'Raw Deal'

Steve
8th July 09, 01:22 PM
The Beatles. The Stones are tolerable with just a handful of very good songs.

Spade: The Real Snake
8th July 09, 01:49 PM
Where is the MERICAN choice?

Japuma
8th July 09, 02:00 PM
Where is the MERICAN choice?

Bob Dylan?
I kept it between the two because they are generaly the most compaired/debated.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th July 09, 02:30 PM
Not to mention Sgt. Pepper's is probably THE single most influental album ever recorded.

pffft no

I rest my case, m'lud.

Hendrix's cover of Watchtower.

Ajamil
8th July 09, 02:41 PM
I know more about the Beatles from pop culture osmosis. Thus they have more influence and based on that value, are the better band.

I prefer the Beatles in their wide range of musical styles.

Rolling Stones did Paint it Black?

Kiko
8th July 09, 02:57 PM
A or B.. um.. The Stones, plz.

Cullion
8th July 09, 03:51 PM
Rolling Stones did Paint it Black?

You really make me feel old sometimes, but I can't be more than about 10 years older than you.

partyboy
8th July 09, 04:58 PM
http://img241.imageshack.us/img241/4479/rollingstonevsbeetle.jpg

ROLLING STONE > beetle

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th July 09, 05:01 PM
On the other hand, Big Bad Beetleborgs >>>> some puny ass rock

Japuma
8th July 09, 05:09 PM
pffft no

Then what would your choice be?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th July 09, 05:11 PM
That's a difficult question with no real answer, but it DEFINITELY isn't Sgt. Pepper's.

Harpy
8th July 09, 05:29 PM
Michael Jackson.

In all honesty I wouldn't know The Rolling Stones' music if it hit me on the face. Couldn't even name one song. I like the Beatles though.

Kiko
8th July 09, 05:32 PM
*hits Lily with Tumbling Dice, Brown Sugar, Wild Horses*

Can You Hear Me Knockin'?

Harpy
8th July 09, 05:35 PM
Van Morrison > The Rolling Stones (I have no idea what you're talking about Kiko)

Kiko
8th July 09, 05:37 PM
Van is quite different and Moondance will ALWAYS be wonderful.

I figured as much, those are some of their tunes. ;P

Of course I'd prefer Yes, Zeppelin and the Who to any of this, but that's another thread I won't make..

Cullion
8th July 09, 05:58 PM
Michael Jackson.

In all honesty I wouldn't know The Rolling Stones' music if it hit me on the face. Couldn't even name one song. I like the Beatles though.

MejtR81RzCo

JjoeLpVCNr0

zuTiTfbfy7Q

Japuma
8th July 09, 06:17 PM
Of course I'd prefer Yes, Zeppelin and the Who to any of this, but that's another thread I won't make..

This would be a 70's rock thread, and Queen owns any other band from the 70's... hardcore.

Pink Floyd in a distant second.

WarPhalange
8th July 09, 06:24 PM

I rest my case, m'lud.

Paint it Black was the first emo song.

Japuma
8th July 09, 06:27 PM
That's a difficult question with no real answer, but it DEFINITELY isn't Sgt. Pepper's.

I'm not saying it the best album ever... it's not even my favorite Beatles album.

However, when talking about innovations that came from this album like the guitar playing, the studio technology, the writing and even the cover art there are few, if any, albums that hold up against Sgt. Peppers.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th July 09, 06:31 PM
I know what you meant and that's the point I was disputing.

Japuma
8th July 09, 06:35 PM
I know, I just want to know what you think is more influential.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th July 09, 06:46 PM
Sgt. Pepper's isn't the most influential album of all time because human civilization didn't rise at 1965 and fall at 1973. I think it's a little silly to push Sgt. Pepper's as the most influential considering how little impact the music itself had outside of its genre and that most of the recording techniques were already developed and utilized by other bands.

I couldn't choose one but you could pick a Miles Davis album at random and have something that turned the entire jazz genre on its ear and created its own little bastard subgenres. Nearly every post-bebop development owes its life blood to that man. Sgt. Pepper's impact was comparitively narrow and is hugely overblown. How many artists can said to have definitely taken their inspiration from The Beatles and not any of the hordes of other psych rock groups? How many bands are still seriously considering the Sgt. Pepper's style?

mrblackmagic
8th July 09, 06:49 PM
I'm kind of tainted because I got on board with the Stones long before I ever listened to Beatles. Actually, I didn't listen to the Beatles until the "Happiness is a Warm Gun" and "Rocky Raccoon" era when they let their hair down.

I would still go with the Stones because even now they are in pretty regular rotation.

billy sol hurok
8th July 09, 07:36 PM
Better rock band = Stones.
Better pop band = Beatles.

Sun Wukong
8th July 09, 08:10 PM
Stones, hands down.

The Beatles may have been more widely followed, but the Stones are way cooler.

Yeah, Mick Jagger and Keith Richards may be two of the weirdest guys in rock and roll, and their influence may not be as obvious, but they pretty much influenced more rock bands to get together and break shit than anyone else I can think of if you just pay attention closely to all the people that came behind and tried to look like them, sound like them and be them.

Stones for the win.

Beatles emulators pretty much all just enjoyed being mediocre, while Stones emulators at least tried to make music that sounded kick ass.

Japuma
8th July 09, 09:16 PM
Better rock band = Stones.
Better pop band = Beatles.

The first 3 Beatles albums were pop-ish, all the other were definitely rock and roll.

Yiktin Voxbane
8th July 09, 10:34 PM
Poll needs 3rd option .... Jethro Toe (The name of the band on their first single , st00pit recawd kumpaneeze) , who you all probably ..... probably know as Jethro Tull .

Harpy
8th July 09, 10:50 PM
The guy from the Beverley Hillbillies?

*scratches head*

Ajamil
8th July 09, 10:57 PM
You're not that much older than me, Cullion. I've just never been good at placing bands/artists with songs.

Yiktin Voxbane
8th July 09, 11:01 PM
http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2008/05/lp_ger_jethrotull.jpg

Keith
8th July 09, 11:06 PM
There's no "fuck both of them" option?

Tanhalen21
8th July 09, 11:17 PM
George Harrison is the fucking man.

Steve
9th July 09, 12:35 AM
http://kara.allthingsd.com/files/2008/05/lp_ger_jethrotull.jpg

I can't think of another rock band that employed the flute from that era or since.

nihilist
9th July 09, 01:09 AM
Beatles: 27 #1 songs
Stones: 12 #1 songs

Beatles: 0 awful songs
Stones: too many awful songs to count.

Steve
9th July 09, 01:16 AM
Now that is what I'm talking about.

Cullion
9th July 09, 02:48 AM

When I'm 64.

nihilist
9th July 09, 02:54 AM
This is where I accuse you of having poor taste in music.

Steve
9th July 09, 03:01 AM
Don't start, Cullion. Reese is not one to play with (unless you are into vinyl that doesn't breathe).

nihilist
9th July 09, 03:02 AM
Don't start, Cullion. Reese is not one to play with (unless you are into vinyl that doesn't breathe).

I knew you'd leave him an easy out.

Steve
9th July 09, 03:05 AM
The closet has many doors that don't open IRL. ;)

socratic
9th July 09, 04:44 AM
Paint it Black was the first emo song.

Satisfaction was the first postmodern song.

The Stones for me. I never really got into the Beatles, like 'sit down and listen to a bunch of albums back to back' listen. Plink plonk plink plonk happy voice liverpudlian lads obscure lyrics plink plonk. No thanks. Seriously, and how the fuck do you dig a pony? Funnily enough I listen more to the covers than the originals for both the Stones and the Beatles; Laibach covered the whole album Let it Be [and it was good] and Devo Satisfaction.

danno
9th July 09, 06:50 AM
the beatles hands down. they've easily had a greater influence on modern music and came up with more novel ideas and well written music, whereas the stones were slightly more derivative. stones are still brilliant though, frickin' love em.

a day in the life is probably my favourite song ever.

you know who i reckon had quite a big influence on the last century of music? blind willie johnson.

Hendrix's cover of Watchtower.

i'm a big fan of hendrix myself. imo watchtower was the shittiest thing he ever did. very dull, weak musically, and i always thought that dylan was overrated as a writer anyways.

and now, a cover of "satisfation" by another one of my fave artists, cat power:

sGyRpdKbSy4

billy sol hurok
9th July 09, 07:17 AM
The first 3 Beatles albums were pop-ish, all the other were definitely rock and roll.

I disagree, but then again I don't mean "pop" in a pejorative way; rather, they had so much more musical breadth than the Stones (or most anyone else).

For me, "Abbey Road" is a masterpiece from start to finish, but out of 17 tracks only three ("Come Together," "Oh! Darling" and "I Want You (She's So Heavy)") could truly be called rock.

nihilist
9th July 09, 10:15 AM
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/hatiguna/artists_influenced_by_the_beatles_in_some_way_or_t he_other

Kein Haar
9th July 09, 12:59 PM
Who did the song-writing for the stones?

Steve
9th July 09, 01:32 PM
http://rateyourmusic.com/list/hatiguna/artists_influenced_by_the_beatles_in_some_way_or_t he_other

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/ScreenHunter_08Jul091131.gif

Cullion
9th July 09, 01:37 PM
The early beatles albums weren't pop, they were rock and roll, as distinct from rock.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
9th July 09, 03:41 PM
i'm a big fan of hendrix myself. imo watchtower was the shittiest thing he ever did. very dull, weak musically, and i always thought that dylan was overrated as a writer anyways.

I can see how being a faggot could cloud your judgment like that.

danno
9th July 09, 06:48 PM
I can see how being a faggot could cloud your judgment like that.

there must be some way to get out of here said the joker to the thief. there's too much confusion, i can't get no relief.

i find those lyrics bad to the point of irritating. and combined with the most contrived guitar hendrix ever did...

Cullion
9th July 09, 06:50 PM
Those lyrics weren't written by or for Hendrix.

Cross-town traffic beats the summed output of the Beatles and the Stones and it's not even Jimmy's best.

Zendetta
9th July 09, 08:10 PM
Hendrix is in a class of his own. On The Simpsons, he is shown playing pingpong in Heaven with Ben Franklin. His version of Watchtower is pretty much THE definitive piece of 60's psychedelic rock.

I like/appreciate/respect the Beatles, but i'm much more likely to turn up the radio when the Stones come on.

Tanhalen21
9th July 09, 09:32 PM
I can't think of another rock band that employed the flute from that era or since.

Check out Traffic's "John Barleycorn"

Ajamil
9th July 09, 11:03 PM
I like/appreciate/respect the Beatles, but i'm much more likely to turn up the radio when the Stones come on.

I find that's because they usually play their later stuff. I find their hippie stage to be sometimes oddly amusing, and often just bothersome.

danno
9th July 09, 11:42 PM
Those lyrics weren't written by or for Hendrix.

yep, i mentioned before that i thought dylan was overrated as a writer.

Cross-town traffic beats the summed output of the Beatles and the Stones and it's not even Jimmy's best.

i actually don't consider hendrix to be a very good song writer. he was just awesome at playing the guitar. one of the best ever. amazing improvisation, and incredibly innovative.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
10th July 09, 12:33 AM
and combined with the most contrived guitar hendrix ever did...

What didn't you like about it?

Check out Traffic's "John Barleycorn"

I have an album of Hendrix jamming with traffic. The shortest track is seven minutes long, the longest is half of an hour. It's pretty bitchin.

i actually don't consider hendrix to be a very good song writer.

He's a very underrated lyricist. Check out 1963... A Merman Should I Turn to Be or Burning of the Midnight Lamp and then SAY THAT TO MY FACE FUCKER.

Toby Christensen
10th July 09, 01:57 AM
The "Stairway to Heaven" album featuring the incredibly resilient old hermit with a FAGGOT (of wood) on his back.

Awesome album.

Oh and the Beatles.

Steve
10th July 09, 03:45 AM
the incredibly resilient old hermit with a FAGGOT (of wood) on his back.

Zoso. It's called Zoso (or plain "The Fourth Album," if you prefer what the band itself calls it).

socratic
10th July 09, 06:16 AM
Who did the song-writing for the stones?
The Bealtes gave the Stones 1 song they had been working on, after which Jagger and Richards realised you could write your own music and did. Jagger and Richards did most of the song writing as far as I can tell. I dunno, maybe Ian got involved too, I understand that Brian Jones didn't write so much as was an incredible player. Brian Jones also invented world music, fun fact.

I think the Stones did rock better. I dunno who was the better blues/jazz-cover-band way back before they went into rock. The Beatles may have been more appealing to me if they stayed in rock rather than plink-plonk, but hey, they're known for plink-plonk.

Kein Haar
10th July 09, 06:37 AM
Then I'd go with the stones.

I was conerned that they had writers outside the band.

Sun Wukong
10th July 09, 06:51 AM
Beatles: 27 #1 songs
Stones: 12 #1 songs

Oh really?

I'm looking at you, Yellow Submarine.

DMd8dntfgAg

It's a great song as long as you are going to the circus or hanging out with finger-painting 1st graders.

nihilist
10th July 09, 08:43 AM
You are now officially banned from the Yellow Submarine.

nihilist
10th July 09, 08:46 AM
You can't live next door either.

nihilist
10th July 09, 08:49 AM
And go join Cullion in the cave of stupidity and shame.

He is your new rear-admiral.

Toby Christensen
10th July 09, 09:41 PM
What IS in the armoury in the Yellow Submarine?
That's the part I'm wondering about.

Although we all know what's to drink...

danno
11th July 09, 01:05 AM
What didn't you like about it?

weak, predictable. as lame as the lyrics. doesn't have the creativity, guts and feeling of his best guitar.

years ago when i was listening to hendrix a shitload, reading books about him and so on, i was almost offended that this cover was so popular.

He's a very underrated lyricist. Check out 1963... A Merman Should I Turn to Be or Burning of the Midnight Lamp and then SAY THAT TO MY FACE FUCKER.

yeah, those lyrics are certainly good enough for a song.

lyrics don't have to be good for a song to be good. but to my ears watchtower is bad, and all the lyrics do is annoy me even more.

when i say hendrix wasn't a great song writer, i mean the whole song in general, not just the lyrics. it wasn't his strength, nor was singing. that's right, i don't really like his singing either. but he didn't really want to sing in the first place.

he was a master of the guitar, and that's what i listen to him for.

have you heard that jam session where jim morrison walks in high as a kite, grabs the mic and starts screaming nonsense? jimi and the guys just keep playing along with it, improving and coming up with some of the best shit i've ever heard. if you haven't, i'll upload it somewhere.

and i still say dylan was overrated. i actually like some of his stuff though. and if we're talking about influence he definitely had a lot of that.

Toby Christensen
11th July 09, 08:12 PM
Dylan was VERY overrated.

I was discussing Willy Nelson with someone:

"Go on, the man was awesome! Pot smoking beer drinker who shagged heaps of women! My earliest musical memory is listening to "On The Road Again" while on the road. With a milkbottle, looking out and thinking "Indeed it is".

(several more minutes pass arguing).

(I throw in the term "Whiny voiced hippy" to describe Dylan and all Hell breaks loose).

nihilist
11th July 09, 08:39 PM
Toby, let us talk to Sybil.

Toby Christensen
11th July 09, 09:04 PM
That movie is so depressing.
What are you, some sort of ANTI advocate to make people feel WORSE?!

nihilist
12th July 09, 01:51 AM
Who are we talking to now?

DAYoung
12th July 09, 02:06 AM
Ice-T does Hendrix

e1GMhQ9bxhU - Studio

LaSizigPSQM - Live

bob
12th July 09, 05:20 AM
Easily the Stones, just on the strength of Gimme Shelter and Sympathy for the Devil.

Plus, Paul McCartney.

DAYoung
12th July 09, 05:29 AM
Bollocks.

Beatles, just on the strength of Abbey Road.

Actually, I don't believe this.

But I do find it odd that anyone could not see Abbey Road and the White Album as equal to the Stones' best stuff. They have some seductive melodies, gorgeous harmonies, grand orchestration and clever (and sometimes poetic) lyrics. They created some innovative, bold, striking stuff.

I like the Stones. But, seriously, the Beatles can't be dismissed to easily.

bob
12th July 09, 05:32 AM
Anyone who would pick the Beatles over the Stones would pick Oasis over Blur.

And both arguments are about equally worthwhile.

DAYoung
12th July 09, 05:35 AM
After all these years of polite conversation, that's a horrible thing to say to me.

Take it back, and use another example.

bob
12th July 09, 05:37 AM
Ok, you would pick Mark Taylor's captaincy over Alan Border's.

DAYoung
12th July 09, 06:02 AM
Bastard.

nihilist
12th July 09, 12:46 PM
A person that would pick the stones over the beatles would pick blur over beethoven.

Harpy
12th July 09, 05:26 PM

Just wanted to point out that DAYoung might just be human.

Cullion
12th July 09, 05:45 PM
Bollocks.

Beatles, just on the strength of Abbey Road.

Actually, I don't believe this.

But I do find it odd that anyone could not see Abbey Road and the White Album as equal to the Stones' best stuff. They have some seductive melodies, gorgeous harmonies, grand orchestration and clever (and sometimes poetic) lyrics. They created some innovative, bold, striking stuff.

In order to take this debate further, I need to understand whether you're speaking as a critic, or whether you're speaking as a philosopher analysing their popular influence.

Cullion
12th July 09, 05:46 PM
Anyone who would pick the Beatles over the Stones would pick Oasis over Blur.

And both arguments are about equally worthwhile.

Philistine alert. Ban plz.

Cullion
12th July 09, 05:47 PM
And go join Cullion in the cave of stupidity and shame.

He is your new rear-admiral.

This is the new sociocide 'lets have a fight' thread.

Reese, we can never be on the same side now, no matter how you will beg.

socratic
17th July 09, 06:26 AM
Philistine alert. Ban plz.

You'd pick Oasis over Blur? You're fucking sick in the head, you know that right? What, one John Lennon wasn't good enough for you so you wanted a whole band of copycats?

Cullion
18th July 09, 01:22 PM
You'd pick Oasis over Blur? You're fucking sick in the head, you know that right? What, one John Lennon wasn't good enough for you so you wanted a whole band of copycats?

God I knew you were stupid. The Philistine alert was for mentioning either band.

nihilist
19th July 09, 12:00 AM
That is known as a Vanillistine.

DAYoung
19th July 09, 04:08 AM
In order to take this debate further, I need to understand whether you're speaking as a critic, or whether you're speaking as a philosopher analysing their popular influence.

I'm speaking as a philosopher whose taste is sovereign.

Bow to Baremboim playing Beethoven's Concerto in D Major.

But seriously: more critic than philosopher. (But I don't see myself as a 'critic'. Just someone trying to identify the qualities of the music, and their worth.)

nihilist
19th July 09, 10:59 AM
In all seriousness, The Beatles were gifted composers whereas The Stones were an above average rock band with a charismatic frontman.

EuropIan
19th July 09, 11:10 AM
AND IT IS IMPOSSIBLE AND TENTAMOUNT TO HERESEY TO LIKE BOTH!

Cullion
19th July 09, 11:11 AM
I don't think the Beatles were greater composers, they just had a producer who experimented with richer accompaniments of brass and strings later on.

Do note, that I liked the Beatles' early output more than the Stones, when they were still a tight rock and roll band. It's all this transcendentally inspired orchestrally accompanied faux-profound horseshit that annoys me.

The Beatles hit more bum notes with nonsense like 'yellow submarine' and 'when I'm 64'. Those were junk musically.

Cullion
19th July 09, 11:13 AM
And RINGO. Fucking RINGO.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
19th July 09, 06:09 PM
i'll pass on when i'm 64 but yellow submarine was awesome
not musically
it was just awesome

EuropIan
19th July 09, 06:11 PM
Isn't when I'm 64 a Mccartney song?

Yeah.....

nihilist
19th July 09, 08:26 PM
And RINGO. Fucking RINGO.

Makes you randy, does he?

nihilist
19th July 09, 08:33 PM
I don't think the Beatles were greater composers

You're such a comedian.

It's all this transcendentally inspired orchestrally accompanied faux-profound horseshit that annoys me.

So basically escapism escapes you.

The Beatles hit more bum notes with nonsense like 'yellow submarine' and 'when I'm 64'. Those were junk musically.

I think we've had about enough of your undeveloped appreciations.

bob
19th July 09, 09:52 PM
Anyone who wasn't up the front row screaming to I Wanna Hold Your Hand like Reese was can absent themself from the discussion.

Harpy
19th July 09, 09:55 PM
ROFL

nihilist
20th July 09, 02:04 AM
Anyone who wasn't up the front row screaming to I Wanna Hold Your Hand like Reese was can absent themself from the discussion.
I was only screaming because I was 2 at the time and my diaper needed changing.

Cullion
20th July 09, 04:25 PM
So basically escapism escapes you.

If the world evoked by a middle class brit with bad hair mumbling along to a sitar is where you want to escape to, then I pity you. Man, you must be fucking miserable now.

I think we've had about enough of your undeveloped appreciations.

Oh, I haven't finished yet.

nihilist
21st July 09, 12:31 AM
If the world evoked by a middle class brit with bad hair mumbling along to a sitar is where you want to escape to, then I pity you. Man, you must be fucking miserable now.

GhfEEPlt3NQ

nihilist
21st July 09, 12:34 AM
kDZHMvBPYsI

nihilist
21st July 09, 12:40 AM
r8MhpofxMgk

Cullion
21st July 09, 03:12 AM
Oh fuck you man.

Cullion
21st July 09, 03:12 AM
AK9QVN0bpa4

Cullion
21st July 09, 03:13 AM
9PjnOdHq-T8

Cullion
21st July 09, 03:16 AM
85Smw33PKJA

lolololol

Kiko
21st July 09, 08:15 AM
Don't forget this one... George was my favorite.

DET45Tr421s

nihilist
21st July 09, 09:02 AM
Oh, thanks for playing but those videos are not The Beatles.

I expected more from you.

Japuma
21st July 09, 09:48 AM
As long as we're playing awesome songs from former Beatles:

My Sweet Lord (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wynYMJwEPH8)
I've got my mind set on you (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-_niy2ZM5Jo)
Band on the run (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=CW3Risxm6PY)
Imagine (http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=okd3hLlvvLw)

PS... I must be retarded because I can't figure out for the life of me how to embed these videos.

Cullion
21st July 09, 10:49 AM
Oh, thanks for playing but those videos are not The Beatles.

I expected more from you.

Well we did our best to find Beatles videos from the same era as those Stones videos.. but the Beatles had fallen apart into their own solo projects by then, and that's what they came up with.

Japuma
21st July 09, 10:54 AM
Well we did our best to find Beatles videos from the same era as that stones videos.. but the Beatles had fallen apart into their own solo projects by then, and that's what they came up with.

I'm not getting your burn on this one... They may not be the greatest songs they've ever made but they are certanly good and there are much better.

Cullion
21st July 09, 10:55 AM
I'm not getting your burn on this one...

That's because I was replying to Reese.

Japuma
21st July 09, 11:04 AM
I know that.... The songs you posted are much better then the ones he did.

The songs I posted are just pure awesome and are miles and miles above the Rolling Stones songs posted.

So, in conclusion the individual members of the Beatles > The Rolling Stones

Cullion
21st July 09, 11:09 AM
You have appalling taste man.

Japuma
21st July 09, 11:16 AM
Ringo's solo carrer leaves some to be desired, but Paul's (with Wings and Solo), John's and George's (especialy George's IMO) more than make up for it.

Band on the Run is one of the greatest albums released in the last 40 years and you can't say Double Fantasy wasn't amazing.

Cullion
21st July 09, 11:20 AM
You like Wings ?

You're fucking with me. You've got to be.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd July 09, 08:51 AM
Stones or Beatles ?
Stones are cheap pussies, I mean that.

i love you jean touitou
even though i saw you on video covering the stones

DAYoung
23rd July 09, 06:14 PM
Hey Cullion, when you were young, and your heart was an open book, you used to say 'live and let live' (you know you did)...

Cullion
23rd July 09, 06:24 PM
I was born in a cross-fire hurricane
And I howled at my ma in the driving rain,
But it's all right now, in fact, it's a gas!

nihilist
23rd July 09, 06:34 PM
Jagger was born in a hospital.

DAYoung
23rd July 09, 06:35 PM
Ebony and ivory...

(I'm not helping my case here.)

Lennon and Mcartney on Cullion's waistline: Boy, you're gonna carry that weight...

nihilist
23rd July 09, 06:39 PM
He's a real nowhere man sitting in his nowhere land making all his nowhere plans for nobody.

Cullion
23rd July 09, 06:39 PM
What size waist do you think I have?

Zendetta
23rd July 09, 06:50 PM
What size waist do you think I have?

I am the Walrus!

Just kidding, Big Guy, just kidding.

Cullion
23rd July 09, 06:54 PM
This is getting to be thing for you guys, isn't it?

DAYoung
23rd July 09, 06:55 PM
Reese has Mr Mustarded the correct.

Cullion, I've no idea.

Cullion
23rd July 09, 06:57 PM
I don't have to post here you know. There are forums where people treat me with respect.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd July 09, 07:08 PM
www.bigguts.com

Toby Christensen
23rd July 09, 11:34 PM
www.crossdressingshemenwithbows.com

?

nihilist
24th July 09, 01:23 AM
I don't have to post here you know. There are forums where people hide their contempt.

Cullion
24th July 09, 02:33 AM
It's only a few days until I get to be a mod Reese. You be careful now.

DAYoung
24th July 09, 02:38 AM
When's your birthday, Cullion?

Cullion
24th July 09, 02:41 AM
Monday. I'll be 34. And I'm going to be a mod for the day.

DAYoung
24th July 09, 02:44 AM
Excellent. I'll be 34 next month.

I'ma send you su'm su'm (but it won't get there by Monday).

nihilist
24th July 09, 06:38 AM
Monday. I'll be 34. And I'm going to be a mod for the day.

Congratulations.

Your birthdate has qualified you to avoid being classified as a Cancer upon these boards, but just barely.

You can leave the runway.

nihilist
24th July 09, 06:41 AM
It's only a few days until I get to be a mod Reese. You be careful now.

They will make me a mod on that day too so perhaps it is YOU who should tread lightly, my friend.

[cue evil laughter]

bob
24th July 09, 09:07 AM
Things fall apart; the centre cannot hold;
Mere anarchy is loosed upon the world,
The blood-dimmed tide is loosed, and everywhere
The ceremony of innocence is drowned;

DAYoung
24th July 09, 05:02 PM
Definitely. Yeah. Just what I was thinking.

DAYoung
24th July 09, 05:33 PM
Morning. I feel crappy, oh so crappy, I feel crappy, and achy and weak, like I've not slept right for a week.

Dooh dooh doodoo, dooh dooh doodoo

Ajamil
24th July 09, 07:30 PM
I so wanted to work today, but my throat is like a chemo patient that learned there are no more cancerous cells yesterday.

I'm missing a lot of money tonight.

DAYoung
24th July 09, 07:37 PM
What a delightfully sensitive metaphor.

Ajamil
24th July 09, 07:58 PM
Well, the hope and joy are there, but the flesh is still recovering. My throat can go home to it's family and give them a smile that for the first time two years (days, whatever) is genuine.

socratic
25th July 09, 02:20 AM
Let's celebrate with George Harrison's ode to Krishna:

fQkylt8PX5g

Cullion
25th July 09, 05:48 AM
I turned 34 June 1st. It is a mere coincidence 3 of the most humorous and intelligent minds in the known universe were all born in the summer of the same year and ended up on Sociocide? I THINK NOT!!!!!

It is destiny. Drawn together by some unexplained force. Bound for some unknown destiny or quest.

Tested in the scorching fires of the internet, the three have been forged FOR GLORY!

I think we were all fathered during the same Rolling Stones tour.

nihilist
25th July 09, 09:14 AM
So you have a special loyalty to daddy, obviously.

Japuma
25th July 09, 10:10 AM
sixty-four years is 33,661,440 minutes and ONE MINUTE is a long time........ Let us Dem0nstrate.

Cullion
25th July 09, 11:22 AM
So you have a special loyalty to daddy, obviously.

Yeah. Don't forget my birthday again. It's Monday. And this year I promise to wake up in my own bed.

nihilist
25th July 09, 01:32 PM
Your mother would never go to that extreme.