PDA

View Full Version : S.C. Has its Very Own Serial Killer (again)

SpringHeeledJack
5th July 09, 03:21 PM
I had to come back to post this. Zendetta must have his Cackalacky updates.

The only Sandlapper serial killer with whom I'm familiar is Peewee Gaskins (http://crime.about.com/od/serial/p/gaskins.htm). Well, now there's another nut job operating in our fucked up little state. Dude has been busy--five killings in less than a week.

http://assets.nydailynews.com/img/2009/07/05/amd_carolina_killer.jpg

A terrified rural South Carolina community hunkered down over the Fourth of July after the sheriff said a serial killer was on the loose, and longtime residents were reminded of a murderer who terrorized the town in the 1960s.

Memories of the "Gaffney Strangler" were reignited this week after authorities said a new serial killer gunned down four people during three separate incidents over several days. Authorities have released a sketch of the accused killer and a description of the sport utility vehicle he may be driving, but they have been silent about exactly what has linked the slayings.

The town of Gaffney, about 50 miles south of Charlotte, N.C., is located in a county that had just six homicides in all of 2008, and half that the year before. The last time the town was this threatened like this was when the "Gaffney Strangler" killed four women over 10 days in 1968 and vowed to kill more. The town banded together, despite racial prejudice, to find the man who was killing both white and black women.

The strangler, Lee Roy Martin, called the editor of a local newspaper on Feb. 8, 1968, and told him where to find the bodies of two women he'd dumped in the woods. He threatened to kill even more women until he was "shot down like the dog I am."

People started to comb the community for clues, which led to Martin's arrest. He was convicted of four murders and sentenced to four life terms. In 1972, he was stabbed to death in his cell.

The latest killings have residents on edge, with "their guard up and their gun handy," said state Sen. Harvey Peeler, R-Gaffney.

"There is no greater fear than the fear of the unknown and nobody knows. You can cut the tension with a knife," Peeler said. "People are locking their doors, even in broad daylight."

Tanya Phillips had been looking forward to a backyard barbecue at her brother's house but instead planned to stay home with her doors locked.
"I'm not taking any chances," said Phillips, 32, a mother of two who works in a day-care center. "I'll go out during the day, but not at night. I just don't feel safe."

Every available police officer will work the weekend, Cherokee County Sheriff Bill Blanton said, acknowledging there is "real fear in the county." He urged people to take precautions such as going out in groups and calling 911 if their cars break down and they are stuck on the side of the road.
The latest victims were found in their family's small furniture and appliance shop near downtown Gaffney around closing time Thursday. Stephen Tyler, 45, was killed, and his 15-year-old daughter was shot and seriously injured. Family members and a store employee found them in the Tyler Home Center.

A day earlier and about seven miles away, family members found the bodies of 83-year-old Hazel Linder and her 50-year-old daughter, Gena Linder Parker, bound and shot in Linder's home. Blanton would not say if Tyler and his daughter were also bound.

The killing spree began last Saturday about 10 miles from Tyler Home Center, where peach farmer Kline Cash, 63, was found shot in his living room. Blanton said the killer may have first spoken with Cash's wife about buying hay. She left and came home a few hours later to find her husband's body. Investigators said it appears he was robbed, but they have not determined if anything was taken in the other killings.

Hazel Smith, 47, said neighbors feel vulnerable.

"If he killed once, he'll kill again," she said sitting on the front porch with her friends. "Tonight, I'm going to stay inside and pray, pray a little harder that he gets caught."

The latest shootings happened less than a half-mile from the sheriff's office, where at least 30 investigators were already working on the case. Blanton said a profiler has suggested Tyler and his daughter might have been shot to taunt investigators, but he said his only concern is solving the case.

"We had a 15-year-old girl shot; he killed an 83-year-old woman," Blanton said. "The good people of this community don't deserve that."

Source (http://www.nydailynews.com/news/us_world/2009/07/04/2009-07-04_serial_killer_on_the_loose_in_rural_south_carol ine_residents_.html)
__________________________________________________ _________

I've never even been to Gaffney, and I've certainly never heard of the Gaffney strangler. Something must be seriously fucked up in that town to cause two serial killers to operate there in the recent past. Who knows?

And no, it's not me.

socratic
5th July 09, 06:43 PM
Just be glad you don't live in Adelaide.

Yiktin Voxbane
6th July 09, 08:04 AM
HEY !!!

Be kind ...

billy sol hurok
6th July 09, 09:16 AM
Hiya Jack, nice to hear from you (even if the news isn't, ah, felicitous).

Lebell
6th July 09, 10:20 AM
so a couple of peasants got shot, is this a reason for mass hysteria?
over here in Europe we have a proud tradition of whacking off peasants.

TM
6th July 09, 11:59 AM
Just shut up.

Lebell
6th July 09, 12:04 PM
why do you hate free speech so much?

Feryk
6th July 09, 12:26 PM
Sketch makes the guy look like Billy Bob Thornton, or is that just me?

Feryk
6th July 09, 12:27 PM
...over here in Europe we have a proud tradition of whacking off peasants.

That means something quite different in North America from what you think it does. :biggrin:

TM
6th July 09, 02:54 PM
There is an unconfirmed report that the police may have shot the suspect in North Carolina.

SpringHeeledJack
6th July 09, 03:26 PM
Aww Billy, I've missed you too.

As stupid, douche-y, and insufferable as Lebell is (by the way, dipshit, if you think poor people being murdered is a rare occurrence in rural South Carolina, perhaps you should either read a book or keep your ill-informed mouth shut), he does bring up a good point about the mass hysteria gripping these parts for the last few days.

Columbia is roughly 2 hours away from Gaffney and people here are buying more guns and talking about organizing serial killer hunts, seriously. Even my usually-rational girlfriend told me she wanted to get a pistol to protect herself from this dude. The thought of SC's already trigger-happy, well-armed populace buying even more guns and becoming even more jumpy is a bit frightening. I'm sorta surprised there haven't been any OMG-I-thought-my-neighbor-was-the-serial-killer shootings yet.

I hope this dude the cops in NC killed is the guy and people can relax a little.

bob
6th July 09, 03:39 PM
As long as the sketch artists can draw the corpse to look vaguely like the guy I' sure we can all rest easier.

(Come back to us for good this time Jack, all is forgiven. Ma will bake some apple pie and Pa will open up the good moonshine.)

SpringHeeledJack
6th July 09, 05:09 PM
All is forgiven? What does this "all" entail exactly? Either way, apple pie and moonshine do sound like my kinda party.

Sun Wukong
6th July 09, 05:10 PM
See, it's this shit right here that makes me a firm believer in the death penalty. This sick fuck killed a little kid for no god damn reason. When they find him, they'd be within their karmic rights to feed him into a wood chipper or put him in a box with about 1,000 starving rats for a week.

Knave
6th July 09, 08:19 PM
Greetings.

Supposedly he's dead now thanks to the police.

Lebell
7th July 09, 04:27 AM
As stupid, douche-y, and insufferable as Lebell is (by the way, dipshit, if you think poor people being murdered is a rare occurrence in rural South Carolina, perhaps you should either read a book or keep your ill-informed mouth shut),

The people at Lebell ltd try their best to bring you posts so that you have a guy you love to hate.

he does bring up a good point about the mass hysteria gripping these parts for the last few days.

This^.
Americans seem to be nervous people, i think its the fastfood.

Columbia is roughly 2 hours away from Gaffney and people here are buying more guns and talking about organizing serial killer hunts, seriously. Even my usually-rational girlfriend told me she wanted to get a pistol to protect herself from this dude.

Interesting, how would a sreial killer hunt work?
Just shoot everyone through the neck who's walking or driving in ' suspicious areas' ?
I wish i could join too.

The thought of SC's already trigger-happy, well-armed populace buying even more guns and becoming even more jumpy is a bit frightening. I'm sorta surprised there haven't been any OMG-I-thought-my-neighbor-was-the-serial-killer shootings yet.

LOL!
Somehow i think that despite of the composition drawing a lot of black americans will be ' mistaken' for the serial killer.

Zendetta
7th July 09, 01:27 PM
Yup, cops wasted this pyscho hillbilly.

Good stuff, SHJ!

Knave
7th July 09, 11:42 PM
Greetings.

The sad thing is that the piece of shit had a life long rap sheet and was still out on the streets. Society to grow balls and put these fuckers down like rabid dogs on earlier offenses plz.

f4n4n
7th July 09, 11:56 PM
Like what, parking your car 1 inch over the yellow line?

SFGOON
8th July 09, 12:00 AM
Like what, parking your car 1 inch over the yellow line?

Fuckin-a brother! Do you want to live in a world where people don't respect yellow lines?! I sure as hell don't neither!!!

I bet that one inch wouldn't be such a "little thing" if we chopped it off yer fuckin' penis, now would it dude?!!

f4n4n
8th July 09, 12:17 AM
I bet that one inch wouldn't be such a "little thing" if we chopped it off yer fuckin' penis, now would it dude?!!Well lets put it like this, I am not a big fan of circumcision but I guess it would still be a little thing...

I never thought you are one of these yellow line nazis, you learn a new thing every day. Oh am a very good driver, I never did anything stupid, not even got a parking ticket. German driving for the win.

socratic
8th July 09, 05:35 AM
Hope the SK enjoys his stay in Hell.

Lebell
8th July 09, 07:26 AM
German driving for the win.

Must restrain myself....

Panzerlied anyone?

Cullion
8th July 09, 07:53 AM
Don't mention the war.

Lebell
8th July 09, 08:12 AM
what war?

bob
8th July 09, 08:40 AM
It's ok, you're Dutch. If you slept in that morning you probably missed it.

Lebell
8th July 09, 08:43 AM
missed what?!

you guys, im starting to worry now!

socratic
9th July 09, 02:37 AM
It's ok, you're Dutch. If you slept in that morning you probably missed it.

Holland fought bravely but capitulated after they got WTFPWNED.

Feryk
9th July 09, 11:20 AM
Don't worry about Lebell. Just leave Grandpa's uniform buried in the backyard.

Tanhalen21
9th July 09, 09:37 PM
This was pretty close to where I live... like a couple hours away (at least where he was gunned down)

Lebell
10th July 09, 05:04 AM
Don't worry about Lebell. Just leave Grandpa's uniform buried in the backyard.

you're damn right i will.
im not touching his nazigold there's a curse on it.

late at night i sometimes hear voices from the garden: where are our toothfillings?
where are ourrrr toothhh filliiiiingsssssss?!

creepy to say the least.

socratic
10th July 09, 05:37 AM
you're damn right i will.
im not touching his nazigold there's a curse on it.

late at night i sometimes hear voices from the garden: where are our toothfillings?
where are ourrrr toothhh filliiiiingsssssss?!

creepy to say the least.

Have you salted the ground yet or consulted a shaman?

Sun Wukong
10th July 09, 06:18 AM
I just hope he was conscious while he was bleeding out.

socratic
10th July 09, 06:24 AM
I just hope he was conscious why he was bleeding out.

The SK? I hope the gunshots hurt.

Sun Wukong
10th July 09, 06:38 AM
Well, at least he's dead.

Lebell
10th July 09, 07:51 AM
or is he......?

daadaadaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!

*lightning crashes*

muahahahaaaaaa....

Lebell
10th July 09, 07:53 AM
it's time Holland gets its own serial killer.
We never get weird famous crimes over here.

Feryk
10th July 09, 03:40 PM
I've always thought you were only one step away from that anyways...

bob
10th July 09, 05:36 PM

What about that kid who had a thing for sexually assaulting lesbians?

That's about all we learned about Dutch history - 'the little boy with his finger in the dyke.'

Sun Wukong
10th July 09, 06:19 PM

Yeah, I'm sure lot's of people look forward to degenerates roaming their streets with guns randomly shooting down little kids and old ladies. I think you should do something to encourage a serial killer to relocate to your country; it would probably be very exciting.

Dark Helmet
10th July 09, 07:53 PM

http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=52658&highlight=royal+family

Lebell
11th July 09, 05:02 AM
thats not a serial killer, just a retard who ' got lucky'.
i mean the creepy ones who cut up hookers over the course of months eve years.

the ' windmillkiller!'

the ' tulipstrangler'!

hm..

Lebell
11th July 09, 05:04 AM
Yeah, I'm sure lot's of people look forward to degenerates roaming their streets with guns randomly shooting down little kids and old ladies. I think you should do something to encourage a serial killer to relocate to your country; it would probably be very exciting.

guncontrol you noob.
people who get killed on a yearly bases on a population of 16.5 million:under 30 people a year.

as long as you have guns available this will keep happening.