PDA

View Full Version : Dragonlance: Dragons of autumn twilight.

AAAhmed46
3rd July 09, 02:04 AM
Ive was, and to a lesser degree still am a dragonlance fan(lately it's been hard though)

So i watched the movies. I didn't have high expectations, if you've seen the trailer for the animated movie, it looked really dated.

Yet despite my low expectations, it just pissed me off.

SUBTEXT....the novels knew what that is.(i think autumn twilight is the worst of the main novels actually) yet the movie blows it's load in the first scene, stuff your supposed to figure out over the coarse of the three books. They leave no room for speculation.

Bad dailoague, worse then my spelling. Elves eyes arn't slanty enough and tika has no freckles.

Most fans of the novels are grown up enough that they shouldn't have made it so childlike. It's like a crappy old school kids cartoon.

ANyway, i hope they don't give up on making a live action movie. Which won't ever happen.

But id love to see it(Legends trilogy more then the main one)

Virus
3rd July 09, 02:14 AM
The books were good, at least as much as I can remember. That cartoon looked like He-Man.

AAAhmed46
3rd July 09, 02:32 AM
This may be blasphemy, but i don't remember He-man.

AAAhmed46
3rd July 09, 02:58 AM
Oh and stuff tha shouldn't be explained isn't(like what raistlin's eyes do to him)

Virus
3rd July 09, 05:06 AM
This is He-Man:

afIVjo5dllc

The quality of the animation looks about the same.

usAZ3X653sU

TheMightyMcClaw
4th July 09, 04:02 PM
The books were good, at least as much as I can remember. That cartoon looked like He-Man.
Then you're not remembering them very well.
The second and third are fair rate fantasy schlock, but Dragons of Autumn Twilight is laughably bad. I went back and reread the whole series over Christmas, and I too had forgotten how hilariously awful the first book is.
I really want to go through and pull out quotes regarding goblins, and then replace the word "goblins" with "Mexicans."
(before the battle)
"Should we kill them? We might get in trouble."
"No no, they're just [Mexicans], not people."
(after the battle)
"Aren't you going to take your knife back?"
"No. It'll stink like [Mexican] forever."
I love fantasy racism against made-up races.

Edit: Raistlin is still an awesomely evil motherfucker, though.

Shawarma
4th July 09, 04:06 PM
I especially liked the part where Tanis Half-Elf gassed five million draconians and made lampshades out of their skin.

I quite liked the cartoon - But then again, it WAS a nostalgic trip back to the 1980ies. I really hated the computer animation, though, and I don't know why they had to insert Kitiara in the end. It's not like there's gonna be a sequel.

AAAhmed46
12th July 09, 03:22 AM
Raistlin pretty much MADE the dragonlance series. Though i liked Gilthanis and Silvara's romance, and LEGENDS was pretty damn good. THe series should hav ended right there.

Anything else just hurts.