PDA

View Full Version : Yeast Extract

elipson
23rd June 09, 01:31 PM
Does that sound appetizing to ANYONE who doesn't live in Australia?

Steve
23rd June 09, 02:34 PM
Vegemite is gross but if you were eating it on toast by age 2 you'd probably develop a taste for it. Can't comment on Marmite but I imagine it's the same deal.

Hell, beer was gross the first few times I had it, now I think it's great.

WarPhalange
23rd June 09, 02:41 PM
Yeast is important for bread. You don't want to be a Jew, do you? You don't get any presents from Santa that way. What, you think Santa goes around eating Matzah balls? Hell no. The red and white he wears? Red is for the blood of Jews and white symbolizes the "pure" white race. That's right, Santa is a fucking Nazi.

Kiko
23rd June 09, 03:46 PM
*smacks PL with gefilte fish* Santa is NOT a Nazi! He's a pollack!

But why would you put MORE yeast on bread?

Yeast is good in some places and not in others.. ask any woman!

Virus
23rd June 09, 04:04 PM
I like t3h Vegemite. I eat t3h Vegemite almost every day.

Cullion
23rd June 09, 04:29 PM
Vegemite and Marmite are simillar but have different textures. Vegemite is more like a paste, marmite is runnier, like stiff honey.

I don't like either. Best way to get a vitamin B boost is from red meat or home brewed beer that still has live yeast in it IMHO.

Marrt
23rd June 09, 06:48 PM
Vegemite and Marmite are simillar but have different textures. Vegemite is more like a paste, marmite is runnier, like stiff honey.

I don't like either. Best way to get a vitamin B boost is from red meat or home brewed beer that still has live yeast in it IMHO.

Except in NZ - NZ Marmite is a similar consistency to vegemite, but has a different taste to both Vegemite and UK Marmite. Also a darker color than the other two.

Adouglasmhor
24th June 09, 01:07 AM
Why Marmite beats Vegemite http://www.cricketworld.com/new_products/article/?aid=20779

http://www.cricketworld.com/assets/images/custom/JP/PR/marmite.jpg

Toby Christensen
10th July 09, 03:07 AM
I USED to like Vegemite a lot more than I do now.
It's actually good against mouth ulcers (probably all the salt).
And it would give a boost to someone suffering scurvy (my flatmate possibly has scurvy. Yes, really. Yes he goes to the doctor.)