PDA

View Full Version : Pot. Seriously.

JohnnyCache
22nd June 09, 01:48 PM
OK

Guys

what the fuck.

Is there still any reasoned argument in favor of marijuana prohibition?

I cannot think of one.

National policy on a major issue is literally incomprehensible to me.

What the fuck is going on here?

Is it all the fault of hippies? This is my current conjecture. Everyone knows pot should be legal, but no one wants to be seen agreeing with dirty, filthy hippies.

Barring the legalization of THC

Is there any sound reason to continue banning the growth of hemp?

Can someone make this work for me because the dissonance is disturbing! I cannot take the daily implication that powers in government don't truly care about my best interest!

Feryk
22nd June 09, 01:50 PM
Get used to the idea. No one wants to be seen as the guy who legalizes any part of the drug trade, thus legitimizing the criminals.

Sorry dude. I don't use (anymore), but I also don't think it's use should be criminalized.

Cullion
22nd June 09, 01:52 PM
The public arguments I hear in the UK tend to fall into the following:-

i) Mental health effects.

ii) We don't have a roadside test for it yet and we don't want people to drive or operate heavy machinery stoned.

iii) Once we legalise marijuana, then it's the thin end of the wedge. Next it will be crack!

I don't agree with any of the three arguments.

JohnnyCache
22nd June 09, 01:56 PM
Also, the state to state inconsistency is getting ridiculous. In Denver county, pot is basically legal. In rural colorado, it's like, a fucking death sentence.

in LA county pot is legal. Cross the state line into nevada? Welcome to "pounded in the ass by the highway police, population: YOU"

But what is the REAL issue -

is it

1 people that still think pot is some massively harmful drug?

2 people that don't think legalization would help with the social problems associated with the drug trade or drug use

3 the tinfoil hat view - that drug dealers/pharmaceutical companies/textile interests don't WANT it legal?

or some combination of all three?

Virus
22nd June 09, 01:58 PM
You can't legalize weed because most countries are signatories to the UN Conventions on Narcotic Drugs. Pot isn't actually legal in Holland, it's tolerated through non-enforcement.

But seriously, this day and age we should be selling spliffs in shops if we allow alcohol and tobacco to be sold.

kracker
22nd June 09, 01:58 PM
The prison industry is a big business. It's gonna lose a lot of money if suddenly only people who are an actual threat to society were encarcerated. Also, who would the police go after, it's too dangerous to go after real criminals, far safer to tase people who enjoy a certain plant.

Tanhalen21
22nd June 09, 01:59 PM
is it

1 people that still think pot is some massively harmful drug?

2 people that don't think legalization would help with the social problems associated with the drug trade or drug use

3 the tinfoil hat view - that drug dealers/pharmaceutical companies/textile interests don't WANT it legal?

or some combination of all three?
I think if you look REAL hard at the majority of the population you will find that the answer is number 1. Even most people who smoke have no fucking clue about how good or bad for you pot is. Everyone is a stupid piece of shit.

This isn't why it was originally illegalized, but all the propaganda against it and all its negative connotations have definitely remained to ill-inform the public as to the actual effects of cannabis.

Feryk
22nd June 09, 02:00 PM
The people who don't do pot don't generally think about it all that much. I use myself as an example. I couldn't give two shits if it's legal or not, because either way, I'm not going to be using it. I don't have a horse in the race.

If you make me think about it, I'd say I don't care. If people want it legalized, then fine. If not, then fine. I don't want my kid using, but I'm well aware that it's legality has nothing to do with whether or not he tries it.

kracker
22nd June 09, 02:03 PM

A pound of pot, if legal, would cost significantly less than a pound of tomatoes. If you were a drug lord making millions solely because of the fact that pot is a (somewhat) hard to come by commodity, would you want pot legalized?

kracker
22nd June 09, 02:07 PM
The people who don't do pot don't generally think about it all that much. I use myself as an example. I couldn't give two shits if it's legal or not, because either way, I'm not going to be using it. I don't have a horse in the race.

I'm not either but you do realize that a ridiculous amount of YOUR tax dollars go towards DEA, police and the prison industry right? I'd say you as well as pretty much every other taxpayer has a horse in the race, even if you don't care about the actual human beings whose lives get ruined.

jnp
22nd June 09, 02:11 PM
To my recollection, those who oppose legalization seem to rant about it being a gateway drug most often.

The biggest reason to legalize it is the amount of money the government could make off of it if they taxed it.

HappyOldGuy
22nd June 09, 02:12 PM
Pot is in fact bad for you. It's not as bad for you as cigarettes or alcohol, but most of the people who want pot illegal would be perfectly happy to go after those next.

Tanhalen21
22nd June 09, 02:35 PM
Pot is in fact bad for you. It's not as bad for you as cigarettes or alcohol, but most of the people who want pot illegal would be perfectly happy to go after those next.
Do you even believe that's true?

Because you're wrong.

JohnnyCache
22nd June 09, 02:38 PM
You can't legalize weed because most countries are signatories to the UN Conventions on Narcotic Drugs. Pot isn't actually legal in Holland, it's tolerated through non-enforcement.

But seriously, this day and age we should be selling spliffs in shops if we allow alcohol and tobacco to be sold.

Cannibis is grossly mis-scheduled - why is this completely ignored?

Pot is scheduled above meth in the US.

Seriously. I'm not making this up.

JohnnyCache
22nd June 09, 02:39 PM

Because you're wrong.

I don't think it's the same people in most cases, but there is probably some over lap from the people who's general concern with tobacco is workplace and child safety.

Feryk
22nd June 09, 02:49 PM
I'm not either but you do realize that a ridiculous amount of YOUR tax dollars go towards DEA, police and the prison industry right? I'd say you as well as pretty much every other taxpayer has a horse in the race, even if you don't care about the actual human beings whose lives get ruined.

Good point. The 'cost' of prohibition in both Canada and the US is in the multiple billions each year. I think Canada did some things right with regard to tobacco. Instead of making it illegal, they just taxed the living fuck out of it ($10/pack of smokes), put ugly goddamn pictures on the packages, restricted advertising and spent a bunch of the tax money on education regarding the use of tobacco.

The result?

http://www.medicalnewstoday.com/articles/76560.php

For those who aren't interested enough to click the link, it's a 2007 article talking about youth smoking dropping to the lowest rates ever.

What they succeeded in doing (god knows how) is making smoking uncool. When I grew up, you smoked to fit in. Now, if you smoke, you are the odd one out.

I would be strongly in favor of a similar approach to weed.

Shawarma
22nd June 09, 02:50 PM
I have met maybe 2 people in my life who fit that description. Do you live in the most hick-ass fundamentalist part of the US to believe this?

Robot Jesus
22nd June 09, 02:51 PM
the strangest argument I've ever heard made against legalization

"if we legalize pot criminals will just commit other crimes, there will be no change in public safety."

Shawarma
22nd June 09, 02:54 PM
You can understand where it's coming from.

"Oh shit, they just legalised weed! Now we can't make a killing selling it anymore. What shall we do? Hey, I know, let's go rob all them rich folks houses instead! We gots to, now we can't make as much money off dope."

Feryk
22nd June 09, 02:56 PM
Or, you know, they might consider legitimate employment, if it was available.

Isn't that part of Obama's New Deal?

HappyOldGuy
22nd June 09, 03:07 PM
I have met maybe 2 people in my life who fit that description. Do you live in the most hick-ass fundamentalist part of the US to believe this?

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31481823/ns/politics-white_house/

I've heard lots of mean things about DC. But that's not one of them.

HappyOldGuy
22nd June 09, 03:13 PM
BTW, next up (after tobacco, drugs, booze, and fatty foods), stay tuned for

War on tooth decay.

New and improved, with real bullets.

kracker
22nd June 09, 03:48 PM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/31481823/ns/politics-white_house/

I've heard lots of mean things about DC. But that's not one of them.

Obama should legalize all sorts of drugs. He did them and now he's president of the United States. Doesn't that kind of send the message to the children the rule of law doesn't exist and the rules don't apply to those in power.

MrBadGuy
22nd June 09, 03:49 PM

I think I just died. Did the hippiest hippy just say this?

Because you're wrong.

I propose we ban all 3, as part of the "War on Hedonism".

Harpy
22nd June 09, 05:13 PM
To be honest, I wouldn't be proud of living in a country that legalised people being chilled out, high and goofy and generally 'slow'.

Also, the tobacco industry would probably lose a lot of sales as people grow and produce their own. The government will be losing tax/duties on the sale of such goods. Sounds just too complicated.

Anyway, aren't you potheads happier feeling all cool and edgy smoking something illegal?

jubei33
22nd June 09, 05:40 PM
your sugar buzz just wore off, get another donut :)

HappyOldGuy
22nd June 09, 05:43 PM
I think I just died. Did the hippiest hippy just say this?

I'm not quite sure what you read. But I suspect it was funnier than what I actually said.

Cullion
22nd June 09, 05:48 PM
Also, the tobacco industry would probably lose a lot of sales as people grow and produce their own.

http://www.treehugger.com/richard-branson-jj3.jpg

JingMerchant!
22nd June 09, 06:38 PM
Anyway, aren't you potheads happier feeling all cool and edgy smoking something illegal?Paranoia is a bitch...

WarPhalange
22nd June 09, 11:45 PM
The prison industry is a big business. It's gonna lose a lot of money if suddenly only people who are an actual threat to society were encarcerated. Also, who would the police go after, it's too dangerous to go after real criminals, far safer to tase people who enjoy a certain plant.

That's pretty much it. Ever watch one of those Cops shows that follow DEA's around and see how they bust dangerous drug dealers? Like Paco at the motel. What do they do next? They wait for phone calls, pretend to be Paco, and when normal people come to buy a fucking plant, they arrest them. Awesome, huh? Then they have this fucking smug look on their face because they think they did some kind of a good job. No, dipshits, you just ruined some lives over a fucking plant.

JohnnyCache
23rd June 09, 12:15 AM
also, the standard for seizing cash and other property is very low.

Got a big bundle of cash in your car? Don't get pulled over.

Neildo
23rd June 09, 03:57 AM
you said it best on your facebook status a couple of weeks ago JC. nobody wants to be seen agreeing with hippies, and that's why it's still under prohibition.

Lebell
23rd June 09, 06:21 AM
coming from a country were pot is sort of legal: i dont like it.
over here we get these coffeeshops right?

Well the people smoking in there are close to retarded from smoking that shit for years on end.
You can actually tell by their speech, its slow and troubled.
Pot is definately damaging if you use it too much and over a longer period of time, then again, what isnt?

Along with the coffeeshops come the dopedealers.
Those two are intwined because the chance that people who are interested in coke also smoke pot is high.

From a dopedealers perspective: its even more likely to meet his targetconsumers in a coffeeshop then at a disco.

Most normal people dont like to live near coffeeshops because of the ' extra crowd' those places draw.

jubei33
23rd June 09, 07:41 AM
How's the coffee though?

Neildo
23rd June 09, 09:26 AM
if you're going to be such a whiny bitch about the best thing your country has to offer lebell, i suggest we look into a cultural exchange program and trade locations.

Lebell
23rd June 09, 10:24 AM
jubei: i never seen anyone drinking coffee in a coffeeshop actually...
weird..

Neildo: ever visited one outside of Amsterdam?
They're usually shitholes surrounded by' gangstas' foreigners and highschoolkids.

most of us snap out of it when we turn 20, the others are just sad muppets.

i think the last time i ever smoked pot was 8 years ago or so.

Adouglasmhor
23rd June 09, 04:27 PM
The coffee is OK, I don't smoke anyway but I have been in to get stuff for a friend. I went to one in Delft and one in Enschede a couple of times.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
23rd June 09, 10:44 PM
Well the people smoking in there are close to retarded from smoking that shit for years on end.
You can actually tell by their speech, its slow and troubled.
Pot is definately damaging if you use it too much and over a longer period of time.

Y'know, it's pretty easy to pick out people who don't have a lot of experience with this thing.

danno
24th June 09, 12:36 AM

Because you're wrong.

i wouldn't really like to see pot legalised, and it wouldn't bother me if cigarettes and alcohol was banned.

at the same time, i wouldn't be so upset if pot were legalised. if i had the choice, i'd swap cigs for pot.

as long as there is a warning label on pot for people with mental illness. my ex had biploar and smoked pot, and it would send her bananas.

socratic
24th June 09, 02:02 AM
I don't think it's the same people in most cases, but there is probably some over lap from the people who's general concern with tobacco is workplace and child safety.

Dude behind marijuana prohibition was the same dude behind alcohol prohibition. The hilarious thing is they re-legalized (temporarily) the growing of hemp because they needed it really badly during WW2. I was of the impression it was prohibited because of the 'reefer madness' scare so to speak- that it had a horrible, demoralizing, evil effect on people that one often assosciates with banned substances and processes. They just engineered that feeling through propaganda and then it was easy to illegalize it. That and there's all that conspiracy about other textile industries vs the hemp industry, big business interests etc. I think those sorts of things still play a role but my guess is it stays illegal because a) people think it's evil and b) "criminals grow it, therefore it's bad".... Now that I think about it, haven't these fuckers learnt from alcohol prohibition [which kinda empowered [I]two ethnic mafias, one which is still doing its thing] that prohibition really just doesn't work?

That's pretty much it. Ever watch one of those Cops shows that follow DEA's around and see how they bust dangerous drug dealers? Like Paco at the motel. What do they do next? They wait for phone calls, pretend to be Paco, and when normal people come to buy a fucking plant, they arrest them. Awesome, huh? Then they have this fucking smug look on their face because they think they did some kind of a good job. No, dipshits, you just ruined some lives over a fucking plant.

Isn't that completely and utterly illegal (entrapment)?

Along with the coffeeshops come the dopedealers.
Those two are intwined because the chance that people who are interested in coke also smoke pot is high.

I'm guessing since pot is semi-legal coke and others becomes the 'soft' drug, right? Like, police are less interested in pursuing something like that "Aww, it's only coke. Don't bother 'em, we've got bigger fish to fry".

socratic
24th June 09, 02:05 AM
i wouldn't really like to see pot legalised, and it wouldn't bother me if cigarettes and alcohol was banned.

at the same time, i wouldn't be so upset if pot were legalised. if i had the choice, i'd swap cigs for pot.

as long as there is a warning label on pot for people with mental illness. my ex had biploar and smoked pot, and it would send her bananas.

Dude, Australian culture hinges on rampant alcoholism. 'True blue' means you put away a case after work. No one's ever going to ban alcohol, as much as the big brains will want to considering the damage it does [we're talking Krudd and his krew here], they know they'd never get away with it. Other substances are easy because they're 'unacceptable' and there isn't a majority of people wanting 'em.

danno
24th June 09, 02:15 AM
Dude, Australian culture hinges on rampant alcoholism. 'True blue' means you put away a case after work. No one's ever going to ban alcohol, as much as the big brains will want to considering the damage it does [we're talking Krudd and his krew here], they know they'd never get away with it. Other substances are easy because they're 'unacceptable' and there isn't a majority of people wanting 'em.

i don't actually think it would be possible to ban alcohol here. just saying it wouldn't bother me personally. i drink occasionally (don't take anything else), but in my opinion it does more harm to our society than good.

you should need to take a test to get a drinking license. make sure you're not violent or have an addictive personality or anything.

again, i know that's impossible/ridiculous.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
24th June 09, 02:37 AM
We're already too restrictive on alcohol, why is there any need to introduce licensing? Laws for adults should treat adults like adults.

socratic
24th June 09, 03:34 AM
i don't actually think it would be possible to ban alcohol here. just saying it wouldn't bother me personally. i drink occasionally (don't take anything else), but in my opinion it does more harm to our society than good.

you should need to take a test to get a drinking license. make sure you're not violent or have an addictive personality or anything.

again, i know that's impossible/ridiculous.

My response to this would be "Do you think the government should be able to restrict what you do with your own body in-so-far as it does not involve anyone else?"

I haven't gotten drunk in a long time now but I understand why people enjoy drinking, or anything else for that matter.

Lebell
24th June 09, 05:07 AM
I'm guessing since pot is semi-legal coke and others becomes the 'soft' drug, right? Like, police are less interested in pursuing something like that "Aww, it's only coke. Don't bother 'em, we've got bigger fish to fry".

Correct.
If you get caught with cocaine it goes up to a certain amount, i think its 3 grams.
3 grams is considered personal use, over 3 grams it's a supply and you're dealing.

But usually the police is after the guys who do the coke in kilograms instead of the smaller guys.
It's extremely easy to get coke over here.
50 euros a gram though if im not mistaken.

Personally i stay away from it but the town i live in is notorious for its drugsscene, probably worse then Amsterdam.

It's normal to be in a hotspot on a saturdaynight with at least 40% of the people influenced.
Those people are not problemusers mind you, they range from 19 to 40ish have a job, kids etc and only use it on a friday or saturdaynight.

socratic
24th June 09, 05:33 AM
Coke being ludicrously addictive I find "Wife and kids, stable life and job, only does it every now and then" to be an odd story to tell when talking of cokeheads.

Still, the "x is personal y is dealing" rule of thumb is what most lawmakers tend to apply to weed. I find it funny that cocaine of all things is 'safe' enough for that rule of thumb to apply. I hear a lot of ecstasy comes out of Holland too, although maybe I'm getting my Eurostates confused.

Lebell
24th June 09, 05:46 AM
Coke being ludicrously addictive I find "Wife and kids, stable life and job, only does it every now and then" to be an odd story to tell when talking of cokeheads.

my point is im not talking about the cokeheads.
i was talking about recreational users.
there's a whole bunch of them.

the addicts usually smoke it instead of sniffing it.
i dont use it all together, i had the stuff and it makes you retarded.

Still, the "x is personal y is dealing" rule of thumb is what most lawmakers tend to apply to weed. I find it funny that cocaine of all things is 'safe' enough for that rule of thumb to apply. I hear a lot of ecstasy comes out of Holland too, although maybe I'm getting my Eurostates confused.

no we're no1 in producing partydrugs.
mainly in the southern rural provinces, secret labs and all.
very lucrative but also very dangerous, if you're in that bussiness on that scale the police is the last you have to worry about.

ive known some guys who were in it, KNOWN.
ghehe.

i also used to know some guys that were bigscale pirates: movies, rebuilding/cracking playstations xboxes etc.

they found em up in their appertment in dordrecht with their hands tied and shot.
goddamnit i still had an outstanding order. :-(

danno
24th June 09, 08:38 AM
We're already too restrictive on alcohol, why is there any need to introduce licensing? Laws for adults should treat adults like adults.

did you know that in aus you can drink at 18?

the licensing thing is a daydream of mine, i can't imagine how you could do it fairly. maybe give everyone a license at a certain age, then take it away if they get in trouble a lot while drunk.

meh, it's not really workable. probably not a sensible idea.

danno
24th June 09, 08:43 AM
My response to this would be "Do you think the government should be able to restrict what you do with your own body in-so-far as it does not involve anyone else?"

my personal opinion is yes. we do it already. debate is usually over how far we take it.

I haven't gotten drunk in a long time now but I understand why people enjoy drinking, or anything else for that matter.

i probably drink more than you do, and i enjoy it.

i'm just as nice when drunk as when i'm sober, but a lot of people aren't. a lot of damage is done, a lot of lives are lost due to alcohol. if it didn't exist the world would be a better place, and i'd be more than glad to give it up for that reason.

Cullion
24th June 09, 04:41 PM

It's quite a common way to use cocaine. I've seen the same pattern of usage in the UK.

I find it funny that cocaine of all things is 'safe' enough for that rule of thumb to apply.

What do you think the harmful effects of Cocaine are ? It sounds like you're confusing it with crack.

bob
24th June 09, 06:21 PM
i'm just as nice when drunk as when i'm sober

I will confirm the assertion that you are not a nice person at any time.

danno
24th June 09, 06:31 PM
i take exception to that remark.

bob
24th June 09, 06:34 PM
You're supposed to say,"Will you answer for that remark sir?!"

HappyOldGuy
24th June 09, 06:45 PM

7 more days...

socratic
24th June 09, 06:49 PM
It's quite a common way to use cocaine. I've seen the same pattern of usage in the UK.
Huh.

What do you think the harmful effects of Cocaine are ? It sounds like you're confusing it with crack.
OD, resulting in death? That's an easy one, dude.

i'm just as nice when drunk as when i'm sober, but a lot of people aren't. a lot of damage is done, a lot of lives are lost due to alcohol. if it didn't exist the world would be a better place, and i'd be more than glad to give it up for that reason.
I think alcohol is way too entrenched in (most) human societies to give it up in a hurry. Any and all societies with some form of agriculture figured out how to get wasted, and the ones that didn't were getting high as kites. The Indians did both!

You seriously don't change at all when you're drunk? Wow, you mustn't be drinking the same kind of alcohol I am, because when I'm drunk I feel way less inhibited and I get a lot louder.

danno
24th June 09, 07:02 PM

maybe we should get drunk again some time.

JohnnyCache
24th June 09, 07:21 PM
there were a TON of recreational level coke users in the 80s/90s

if coke was as instantly addictive as DARE says almost anyone working in business in the 80s would have become a total junkie.

socratic
24th June 09, 07:28 PM
there were a TON of recreational level coke users in the 80s/90s

if coke was as instantly addictive as DARE says almost anyone working in business in the 80s would have become a total junkie.
I thought a lot of them were? I mean, if your yuppy ass goes out daily and does a few rails you're probably hooked. But I suppose a lot of them only did it weekends or something.

Still, not something worth fucking with.

bob
24th June 09, 08:17 PM
I've used coke recreationally back in the day, many of my friends far more so. I didn't find it in the least addictive and I can't say I personally know anyone who got addicted to it.

socratic
24th June 09, 08:27 PM
I've used coke recreationally back in the day, many of my friends far more so. I didn't find it in the least addictive and I can't say I personally know anyone who got addicted to it.

Huh.

HappyOldGuy
24th June 09, 08:40 PM
I've used coke recreationally back in the day, many of my friends far more so. I didn't find it in the least addictive

Pretty much my experience.

and I can't say I personally know anyone who got addicted to it.

Except for that part. I wish.

bob
24th June 09, 09:16 PM
Except for that part. I wish.

http://www.evilgerald.com/Issues/Issue5/Assets/westbrook.jpg

jnp
24th June 09, 10:00 PM
I despise cocaine, or more correctly, I despise the way it makes people behave. Nonetheless, I mainlined that crap in the late eighties. It was so good, I knew I could NEVER do that again or I would end up worse than Robert Downey Jr. in Less Than Zero.

Stayed the hell away from that drug ever since.

nihilist
24th June 09, 11:16 PM

I cannot think of one.

It's all spelled out plainly in Reefer Madness.

What the hell is wrong with you hippies?

nihilist
24th June 09, 11:19 PM
What do you think the harmful effects of Cocaine are ?

The first rail or the one where you sign over the deed to your house?

socratic
27th June 09, 06:58 AM
It's all spelled out plainly in Reefer Madness.

What the hell is wrong with you hippies?

Listen to Jesus Jimmy!

sochin101
27th June 09, 07:20 AM

Reasoned is a matter of opinion.

I'd keep it illegal just to piss people like kracker off.

The only way I'd see it legalised is so we (the Illuminati/Jews/Masons/Atlanteans) can control the price and distribution and price people out of it.

nihilist
27th June 09, 09:04 AM
Listen to Jesus Jimmy!
0zFbc5MzAxk

Cullion
27th June 09, 10:16 AM
Huh.

Yeah, I think you're not distinguising between crack and cocaine here.

OD, resulting in death? That's an easy one, dude.

It's rare. More common is assholish arrogant behaviour. Addicts usually have serious financial problems, it's the most expensive drug relative to how long the high lasts.

They can also find that their noses slowly disolve, starting with the mucus membranes but eventually progressing to the cartilege, as demonstrated in BS's photo of Daniella Westbrook before she had it surgically repaired.

As a stimulant, it of course puts a strain on the heart, but most people who use it don't die. In fact, I've met plenty of non-addicted occasional users who appear to be in good physical shape, regularly go to the gym etc..

Professional sportsmen have been caught using it recreationally.

I'm not saying you should go out and take some, but with most drugs the reasons not to take them aren't really dramatic 'OMG I might die!!!' type things.

They're much more often steady degredations of your ability to deal with real life and a lot of the health problems are either mental health problems or related to the seedy, unhealthy lifestyle regular heavy users get themselves into.

I've never known anybody who's killed themselves because they thought they could fly after taking LSD, but I know plenty of burned out mumbling weirdos who can't hold a job. People who get in too deep with Cocaine tend to be become aggressive, edgy and obsessed with money and status.

Ajamil
27th June 09, 10:36 AM
http://eazysmoke.com/images/spice-herbal-smoke.jpg

So I smoked this last night. It was billed as synthetic THC, legal, and non-detectable in testing.

Subjectively, for head people out there, it tasted very "stemmy" and not much like pot, but it does give you a similar effect as marijuana save for a slight headache in the lower back of my skull. I also think it causes a bit of dry mouth.

Does anyone have more information on this? I'm scouring the nets at the moment.

JHW-180 is a synthetic chemical with canabinoid-like properties. It is proven to be the active ingredient in spice (http://psychoactives.wikia.com/wiki/Spice) and many spice alternatives (http://psychoactives.wikia.com/wiki/Spice_alternatives) by the German government, despite previous claims by the company that spice (http://psychoactives.wikia.com/wiki/Spice) is all-natural. Theoretically, it is illegal to have in the United States. A large shipment of spice (http://psychoactives.wikia.com/wiki/Spice) has been siezed by the United States government, although it was under the pretense that it contained HU-210 (http://psychoactives.wikia.com/index.php?title=HU-210&action=edit&redlink=1) a different synthetic cannabinoid.
Realistically, it would be unlikely for any user to ever be prosecuted for possession of spice or related mixtures, although it is a legal hot-spot. Vendors are far more in danger than users.

Apparently the active ingredient in Spice.

WarPhalange
27th June 09, 01:22 PM
Does it give you clairvoyance if you take enough of it? What about harvesting it on my own? Do I need to worry about sand worms?

Shawarma
27th June 09, 02:36 PM
And I know a guy who killed himself because he couldn't kick his hookers and blow habit.

Don't do drugs, kids.

Cullion
27th June 09, 02:46 PM
And I know a guy who killed himself because he couldn't kick his hookers and blow habit.

Don't do drugs, kids.

Well, I'm not advocating taking illegal drugs, but did he kill himself over hookers and pot, or was he deeply depressed and attempting to medicate himself with drugs and partygirls?

There's a subtle difference, and drugs can certainly tip you over the edge.

But I once had to talk somebody out of suicide who barely touched alcohol and had never done any illegal drugs.

Ajamil
27th June 09, 02:53 PM
Does it give you clairvoyance if you take enough of it? What about harvesting it on my own? Do I need to worry about sand worms?

It made me think I could take on seasoned SF4 players my first night at the game.

Which, btw, is so deliciously like the classic SF2 that while certainly not giving anyone a real challenge, I felt I could hold my own. Arjuna like.

socratic
27th June 09, 07:08 PM
Ask Arjuna about soma. Them Hindus have [had] the real shit.

Cullion, ODing might not happen as often as it's made out to occur, but the fact that you can OD and die is kinda important when discussing cocaine. Let's not also forget the shit that gets cut into it. As William S. Burroughs liked to use in his stories... "Someone cut my cocaine with Saniflush!" At least with Marijuana it's pretty easy to tell when it's been cut with something else, or so I hear.

I understand that crack is more addictive than its white-people counterpart but to deny that cocaine is particularly addictive overall is silly. You yourself just catalogued the common behaviours and problems present amongst addicts. If you were in financial trouble and weren't addicted you could just stop taking the damn drug; thus I assume that most of the long-term use problems come from people who can't stop for psychological or physical reasons.

Out of curiousity, which would you say is the more dangerous- heroin or cocaine?

HappyOldGuy
27th June 09, 08:00 PM
Is now the time when we blow Socratics mind with the notion that some people use heroin recreationally?

AAAhmed46
27th June 09, 08:25 PM
Im surprised weed is still treated like a drug in the states. In canada it's decrimalized. Oh it has some bad side effects, but only really die hard pot heads would feel it.

I doubt it would be laced with anything if it's legalized.

Cullion
28th June 09, 07:52 AM
Cullion, ODing might not happen as often as it's made out to occur, but the fact that you can OD and die is kinda important when discussing cocaine.

Not really.

thus I assume that most of the long-term use problems come from people who can't stop for psychological or physical reasons.

Sure, but that's my point. It's not the immediate 'wow shit look what just happened' dangers you need to worry about so much with drugs, it's the steady decay.

Out of curiousity, which would you say is the more dangerous- heroin or cocaine?

Heroin because it's more addictive and the addicts I've seen tend to be in much worse physical shape. A lot of it due to them being malnourished because heroin completly kills their appetite.

jubei33
28th June 09, 08:34 AM
Is now the time when we blow Socratics mind with the notion that some people use heroin recreationally?

dude, party on

Shawarma
28th June 09, 11:19 AM
Well, I'm not advocating taking illegal drugs, but did he kill himself over hookers and pot, or was he deeply depressed and attempting to medicate himself with drugs and partygirls?

There's a subtle difference, and drugs can certainly tip you over the edge.

But I once had to talk somebody out of suicide who barely touched alcohol and had never done any illegal drugs.
Coke, not pot. He was ultra-yuppie. And he killed himself because his habits had spiralled out of control and had ruined his life to the point where he was too disgusted with himself to continue drawing breath.

Anyone stating that drugs are categorically harmless is a fucking homo. Not everybody's Hunter S Thompson.

Tanhalen21
28th June 09, 09:38 PM
There's not even a question: heroin. The most addictive substance on earth before crystal meth reared it's ugly, toothless head.

socratic
28th June 09, 11:36 PM

Burroughs had a 'recreational' habit for like 30 years. It nearly killed his liver, actually.

I understand that some mpeople do this shit just for the giggles and don't get hooked, but I'm smart enough [or dumb enough] to realise that they're a minority. Now that I think about it, Heroin is much easier to OD on than coke is by far, isn't it? I don't have much of an addictive streak [some of my friends however do] and I fail to fully understand why people, knowing all the facts, still do this shit...

Interesting fact, Tanhalen- Burma is the greatest producer of Meth around. Why? Because every warlord, rebel or hillsman makes meth to fund his war with the government.

Tanhalen21
28th June 09, 11:53 PM
Interesting fact, Tanhalen- Burma is the greatest producer of Meth around. Why? Because every warlord, rebel or hillsman makes meth to fund his war with the government.

Yep... that sounds about right. Meth is just that fucked up.

100xobm
29th June 09, 01:43 AM
tl;dr

But, do americans go to prison for recreational smoking? Or is it above a certain amount
(as in private supply vs. dealer quantities)

WarPhalange
29th June 09, 04:01 AM
From what I can tell you'll more likely get probation if it's your first time and junk. But it's very common to go to jail for weed. I mean, you get arrested for even having one blunt on you. It's just that after you tell your sob story to the judge, and the judge likely isn't an idiot and probably smokes himself, he'll give you a slap on the wrist.

Lebell
29th June 09, 04:36 AM
how about porn addiction?

bob
29th June 09, 04:49 AM
There's not even a question: heroin. The most addictive substance on earth before crystal meth reared it's ugly, toothless head.

Not exactly. It's very addictive for a minority of people and not remotely addictive for quite a lot of people. It depends on the person largely.

Lebell
29th June 09, 06:30 AM
ive heared that nicotine is in fact more addictive then heroin.

bob
29th June 09, 06:37 AM
I don't think so, but it's probably more widely addictive.

Lebell
29th June 09, 06:39 AM
dude, i heared it from a guy who told me.
it must be true.

Ajamil
29th June 09, 07:07 AM
No hatin on refined sugar?

socratic
29th June 09, 07:59 AM
No hatin on refined sugar?

High Fructose Corn Syrup.

Funny how many nations run evil enterprises on drug money... Afghanistan is opium and heroin, pretty much the whole damn continent of south america runs on coke money, although I hear Mexican lords grow pot too. As I said, a lot of Meth from Burma and its neighbours from hill peoples and other assorted warriors and outcasts. Opium is also big in Thailand, especially amongst the hill peoples.

Lebell
29th June 09, 08:30 AM
you been there?
in those labs?

Ajamil
29th June 09, 08:54 AM
The crops that need big fields, I've read testimony from the farmers and experienced first-hand the pot flow from Mexico*. I'm pretty sure the US has enough places brewing to keep our meth market purely domestic. Never heard of Thailand's opium market tho.

*Rhyme unintended.

bob
29th June 09, 04:00 PM

http://sg.news.yahoo.com/afp/20090625/tts-australia-animal-wallaby-offbeat-79adaf4.html

TM
29th June 09, 04:03 PM
The crops that need big fields, I've read testimony from the farmers and experienced first-hand the pot flow from Mexico*. I'm pretty sure the US has enough places brewing to keep our meth market purely domestic. Never heard of Thailand's opium market tho.

*Rhyme unintended.
It's part of the golden triangle with Laos and Cambodia. The largest opium producing region in Asia.

socratic
29th June 09, 05:52 PM
you been there?
in those labs?

No, but I'd like to think all those books I read weren't lying to me. I am 100% certain that Myanmar is in fact the leading producer of methamphetamine, because I know of at least two human rights organisations who's put that in writing.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
29th June 09, 05:57 PM
From what I can tell you'll more likely get probation if it's your first time and junk. But it's very common to go to jail for weed. I mean, you get arrested for even having one blunt on you. It's just that after you tell your sob story to the judge, and the judge likely isn't an idiot and probably smokes himself, he'll give you a slap on the wrist.

i can carry seven ounces
SEVEN
fucking ounces
and that's just the state minimum, counties are free to let me carry more if they want to
you wanna get hiiiiiiigh?

EuropIan
29th June 09, 06:59 PM
ive heared that nicotine is in fact more addictive then heroin.
My step dada told me it was harder quitting cigarettes than heroin

I think it has something to do with the ritualistic part of cigarettes.

Anyways, pot destroys lives just about as much and as fast as alcohol.

And I don't really see why the disingenuousness except for that whole cultural heritage we have with alcohol.

p.s. has anyone tried khat?

Cullion
29th June 09, 07:21 PM
My step dada told me it was harder quitting cigarettes than heroin

I've heard this too. It might have to do with the simple availability and legality of cigarettes. It's easier to remove yourself from environments where other people use heroin and it's available to you, than from all environments where people smoke tobacco.

EuropIan
29th June 09, 07:50 PM
As I said the ritual of the cigarette, every drug has a ritual circumstance where ingesting that drug seems more appropiate.

e.g. while driving, after sex, drinking at social events etc.

nihilist
29th June 09, 10:50 PM
I've heard this too. It might have to do with the simple availability and legality of cigarettes. It's easier to remove yourself from environments where other people use heroin and it's available to you, than from all environments where people smoke tobacco.

^This^
It took me a full year of being away from clubs and people who smoke before I no longer found the smell of tobacco enticing.

I never had a smoking habit but gigging in nightclubs put me in close proximity to smokers and that's how you can be addicted to nicotine without actually smoking.

I always had a strong and creepy urge to smoke whenever I was out.

WarPhalange
29th June 09, 10:53 PM
Maybe you just enjoy the physical act of sucking?

Tanhalen21
29th June 09, 11:52 PM
Anyways, pot destroys lives just about as much and as fast as alcohol.

I usually don't make it a point to ask people impossible questions, but could you provide some evidence for this?

Tanhalen21
29th June 09, 11:55 PM
Comparing cigarette addiction with heroin addiction doesn't really match up in my mind because a lot of people are simply addicted to the act of smoking and not the addictive qualities of the chemicals they are smoking. I don't really know anyone who is addicted to the act of shooting up, they are addicted to having the feeling of 1,000,000 orgasms blow their mind at one time and as they continue it becomes a serious physical addiction that can FUCK you up.

nihilist
30th June 09, 01:52 AM
Maybe you just enjoy the physical act of sucking? That reminds me of a comedian who was saying that he wanted to quit smoking but if he did he'd probably go right back to cock sucking.

Neildo
30th June 09, 02:37 AM
I just started a new job today that i like so much i don't think i'm going to smoke weed when i work anymore. also i just got home and did two bonghits and after not smoking all day i'm really baked it's awesome :p

yesterday i hung out with my dad at this place downtown that has vaporizers, comfortable chairs and a pool table for like 5 hours. we got totally ripped. my dad was spouting all kinds of nonsense while kicking everyones ass that challenged us. you wish your dad was as cool as mine.

WarPhalange
30th June 09, 03:11 AM
That reminds me of a comedian who was saying that he wanted to quit smoking but if he did he'd probably go right back to cock sucking.

I never knew you were a comedian!

EuropIan
30th June 09, 03:36 AM
I usually don't make it a point to ask people impossible questions, but could you provide some evidence for this?
Uh no, no I can not.

I was more talking about life as a social construct not in reference to one's health.

The ratio of burned out winos to burned out potheads is about the same.
With the winos being in significantly worse health, of course.

Kein Haar
30th June 09, 06:52 AM
But it's very common to go to jail for weed. I mean, you get arrested for even having one blunt on you.

How do strangely generalize...? Oh, I shouldn't be surprised...it's shoot-em-in-the-legs Poops.

IME,

>2.5 grams....here's your ticket, gtfo.
<2.5 grams but not clearly packaged for re-sale....still probably a local ordinance (civil process within the confines of the city...no risk of jail.)

A bit more than than that but still not packaged for resale, still misdemeanor....practically speaking, never gonna see "jail" per se.

Packaged for re-sale....then it just depends.

Getting out into hill country, it might be different. They might be craving the clickety-clack of handcuffs a lot more...I don't know. They may not have the ordinances to fall-back on and literally have to use state misdemeanor charges for everything.

socratic
30th June 09, 07:03 AM
^This^
It took me a full year of being away from clubs and people who smoke before I no longer found the smell of tobacco enticing.

I never had a smoking habit but gigging in nightclubs put me in close proximity to smokers and that's how you can be addicted to nicotine without actually smoking.

I always had a strong and creepy urge to smoke whenever I was out.

Most of my friends smoke constantly, and I'm constantly getting second-hand smoke etc, and I've never felt the urge. Maybe it's just my sheer disgust at the smell. The only thing I've tried that actually works on me is alcohol.

I would say pot probably is better at ruining people [emotionally and psychologically rather than physically] than alcohol not so much by sheer numbers but by the quality of it's effect. Naturally less people smoke than they do drink, but I bet you out of the people who do drink a larger percentage aren't exposing themselves to as much substance as often [and thus aren't as badly damaged socially and psychologically etc] as the average marijuana smoker. This is more or less speaking from experience, since I'm yet to read an unbiased study on the matter, but I know plenty of people who drink in moderation yet 99% of all pot-smokers I know are all chronics, and a couple of them have seriously fucked up their lives because of it. I'm starting to think that maybe us young people these days really just don't know how to not overdo it.

nihilist
30th June 09, 08:10 AM
I never knew you were a comedian!

Conversely, you've always been a little funny.

Lebell
30th June 09, 11:43 AM
How do strangely generalize...? Oh, I shouldn't be surprised...it's shoot-em-in-the-legs Poops.

IME,

<2.5 grams but not clearly packaged for re-sale....still probably a local ordinance (civil process within the confines of the city...no risk of jail.)

A bit more than than that but still not packaged for resale, still misdemeanor....practically speaking, never gonna see "jail" per se.

Getting out into hill country, it might be different. They might be craving the clickety-clack of handcuffs a lot more...I don't know. They may not have the ordinances to fall-back on and literally have to use state misdemeanor charges for everything.

In the bananakingdom of the Netherlands: ' need a light with that son? whats that? the red light district? thats the second street on your left, no problem, have a nice time okay?'

Cullion
30th June 09, 02:38 PM
but I know plenty of people who drink in moderation yet 99% of all pot-smokers I know are all chronics, and a couple of them have seriously fucked up their lives because of it. I'm starting to think that maybe us young people these days really just don't know how to not overdo it.

My experience was that most people's pot usage tends to rapidly diminish as they leave college. Of the people I know who smoked pot 12 years ago, most would still have one occasionally, not even once a month. The small minority who carried on smoking more than once or twice a month into their 30s have other substance abuse problems and fairly messed up lives.

Zendetta
30th June 09, 03:56 PM
I just read that 1 in 25 deaths worldwide are directly attributable to alcohol.

http://esciencenews.com/articles/2009/06/26/study.shows.1.25.deaths.worldwide.attributable.alc ohol

Most of the deaths caused by alcohol were through injuries, cancer, cardiovascular disease, and liver cirrhosis.

The big danger with pot is being Chronically Mediocre, but alcohol wrecks people's shit much worse.

WarPhalange
30th June 09, 04:07 PM

IME,

So you're saying I can buy and smoke pot with little worry of actually getting spanked for it, providing I'm in an actual city and not somewhere in Buttfuck, Alabama?

JohnnyCache
30th June 09, 07:27 PM
ah

All the people on here talking about how you "just get a ticket" for any amount of weed

ANYWHERE in the US

need to understand that this can vary totally by state, county, and city. "Some guy on the internet" is not a substitute for knowing the law where you live.

Cullion
30th June 09, 07:29 PM
I'm not going to claim that pot does zero harm, but..

Accident and Emergency wards are full of people who've had too much to drink in the early hours of Saturday morning. Incoherent, throwing up and being belligerent with the staff. Some of the them will have already have comitted at least one assault or act of vandalism that evening.

Most of them will be in real pain the next day as their body recovers from processing it.

Where are the pot smokers ? Watching the digitally remastered Star Wars trilogy on Blue Ray and annoying the pizza delivery guy by being indecisive.

JohnnyCache
30th June 09, 07:33 PM
Here are some links about addictiveness and relative addictiveness

http://everything2.com/title/Relative%2520addictiveness%2520of%2520commonly%252 0used%2520drugs%2520and%2520substances

http://www.drugsense.org/tfy/addictvn.htm

alcohol, incidentally, is pretty much regarded as one of the worst withdrawing, most addictive, and most intoxicating substances known to man.

Cullion
30th June 09, 07:34 PM
The only thing I've encountered which is more addictive is tobacco.

JohnnyCache
30th June 09, 07:54 PM
tobacco is addictive in aggregate, because it is so ubiquitous and you can function completely while using it.

But in terms of physical addiction, the most addictive drug on the planet is probably alcohol or Oxycontin. Heroin has a nasty physical withdrawal but it's short. Oxy is a concentrated opiate and the withdrawal is as bad or worse and lasts longer. Alcohol withdrawal can be nastily protracted.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
1st July 09, 04:31 AM
annoying the pizza delivery guy by being indecisive.

SHUT UP

Kein Haar
1st July 09, 07:01 AM
So you're saying I can buy and smoke pot with little worry of actually getting spanked for it, providing I'm in an actual city and not somewhere in Buttfuck, Alabama?

That is probably more typical than not.

It can still technically be a state misdemeanor charge no matter where you go and no matter what the amount, though (i.e. handcuffs, police car ride, fingerprints, photograph, post bond, get court date etc).

Two things still persist:

State court in busy venues will be chucking misdemeanor cannabis charges left and right.

It'll behoove the cop who wants to prosecute (at all) to charge with the lesser ordinance stuff...then at least something happens, and it's not dismissed entirely.

Under the current paradigm of illegality, it's almost a win-win situation.

Lebell
1st July 09, 07:24 AM
The only thing I've encountered which is more addictive is tobacco.

or the pussy of that one ex you used to have a destructive relationship with.

everyone has had that one ex.

bad relationships can cause loads of stress leading to murder, suicide, heartattacks etc.

Cullion
1st July 09, 02:49 PM
tobacco is addictive in aggregate, because it is so ubiquitous and you can function completely while using it.

But in terms of physical addiction, the most addictive drug on the planet is probably alcohol or Oxycontin. Heroin has a nasty physical withdrawal but it's short. Oxy is a concentrated opiate and the withdrawal is as bad or worse and lasts longer. Alcohol withdrawal can be nastily protracted.

Yeah. I was only talking in terms of my own experience of substance use and abuse. I've never been such a heavy drinker that going a few days or weeks without a drink gives me physical withdrawal symptoms, and I've never been interested in opiates.

Going 24 hours without a cigarette sends me up the walls though.

socratic
5th July 09, 07:50 AM
My experience was that most people's pot usage tends to rapidly diminish as they leave college. Of the people I know who smoked pot 12 years ago, most would still have one occasionally, not even once a month. The small minority who carried on smoking more than once or twice a month into their 30s have other substance abuse problems and fairly messed up lives.

Here's how it usually goes for my friends: 1. Do badly at school because you're lazy and irresponsible. 2. Discover pot. 3. Stop turning up to anything ever. 4. More pot.

It's common knowledge that alcohol's been fucking up humanity since agriculture was invented, but once again I know plenty more nonfunctional potheads than I do alcoholics. And the alcoholics I do know turn up to their jobs in between being drunk and by and large don't drink [or at least particularly heavily] on the job. That said your definition of alcoholic might be a lot different to mine; "Getting shitfaced daily" to me isn't by definition alcoholic and may be to you guys, "Unable to function without a drink" is alcohlic to me. I know plenty of the former and very few of the latter.

socratic
5th July 09, 07:50 AM
Going 24 hours without a cigarette sends me up the walls though.

That shit'll kill ya, broseph.

Cullion
5th July 09, 09:21 AM
Here's how it usually goes for my friends: 1. Do badly at school because you're lazy and irresponsible. 2. Discover pot. 3. Stop turning up to anything ever. 4. More pot.

I saw a lot of that too. I've seen a bit more of what happens afterwards because I'm older though.

Generally people calm his shit down sometime in their 20s and thankfully that's still young enough to get their act together and find something purposeful to do with their lives. I dropped out of university at 19 for simillar reasons but it all turned out OK in the end, same for almost all of my friends who partied too hard at the traditional 'undergraduate' age. I'm not saying that the time wasn't wasted, it largely was, I'm just saying that, thankfully, for the majority of people it's a recoverable situation.

That said your definition of alcoholic might be a lot different to mine; "Getting shitfaced daily" to me isn't by definition alcoholic and may be to you guys, "Unable to function without a drink" is alcohlic to me. I know plenty of the former and very few of the latter.

My understanding is that British and Australian drinking cultures are simillar, and that a lot of North Americans basically regard patterns of alcohol use that are generally considered acceptable to Brits, Australians and Kiwis as borderline functional alcoholism.

Personally, I think of alcoholism in terms of physical dependence, which as you say may not apply to many of the people who are still drinking too much.

I don't think you have to technically be an alcoholic for booze to have a harmful effect on your life, or the lives of the people around you. I know quite a few people who manage to hold on to reasonably well-paid jobs despite getting truly drunk 3 or more days per week, but I can still see it doing them harm.

My main reason for thinking alcohol is more dangerous than marijuana is that (smoking issues aside) it certainly seems to do more measurable damage to internal organs like the Liver, and it's much more likely to produce violent and other forms of antisocial behaviour. I agree that it doesn't tend to produce the same kind of unfocussed laziness that regular pot usage often does.

nihilist
5th July 09, 09:35 AM
I didn't know that Cullion was a filthy drug addict.

This explains his erratic behavior.

Cullion
5th July 09, 09:37 AM
It all might have been different if you hadn't walked out like that, Dad.

nihilist
5th July 09, 09:46 AM
I knew you'd turn out to be a failure and was merely cutting my losses early on.

Cullion
5th July 09, 10:13 AM
Yeah, but did you really have to be the first one to sell me the coke ?

nihilist
5th July 09, 10:15 AM
I was trying to teach you basic economics you morally indignant little ingrate.

Lebell
5th July 09, 11:05 AM
Cullion...answer me honestly now...did you ever post on here sober?

Cullion
5th July 09, 11:30 AM
I didn't post on here drunk for the last two weeks of May or the whole of June. I'm sober right now too, but I probably won't be in 3 or 4 hours.

Lebell
5th July 09, 11:48 AM
its sunday, you cant drink on sunday cos the next day its monday.

Cullion
5th July 09, 11:50 AM
I'm not going to work tomorrow, and I'm not planning on drinking shitloads and getting a hangover. 3 or 4 cans of beer in the back garden whilst I enjoy the sunshine or something.

Lebell
5th July 09, 11:54 AM
lame.
i dont drink at meh house.
its either drinkytiem in the pub or no alcohol.

ive had my share last night, and i also raced in a minicar and my mate almost got us killed.

sort off.

dont drink and drive.
or in my case: dont accept a ride from a guy who drunk.

socratic
5th July 09, 07:01 PM
The maxim of Australian drinking culture is "Drink more, pussy!".

If you're below a certain socioeconomic line [as in, less than lower-middle-class] then you can expect cirrhosis by age 45 or otherwise you just aren't a true-blue Australian.

WarPhalange
5th July 09, 09:10 PM
That is probably more typical than not.

It can still technically be a state misdemeanor charge no matter where you go and no matter what the amount, though (i.e. handcuffs, police car ride, fingerprints, photograph, post bond, get court date etc).

Two things still persist:

State court in busy venues will be chucking misdemeanor cannabis charges left and right.

It'll behoove the cop who wants to prosecute (at all) to charge with the lesser ordinance stuff...then at least something happens, and it's not dismissed entirely.

Under the current paradigm of illegality, it's almost a win-win situation.

Cool. If I ever start being cool enough to smoke pot, this will make me feel a lot better about it.

Cullion
6th July 09, 04:10 AM
LSD and Mushrooms for you bro.

Neildo
6th July 09, 04:18 AM
he does regular physics, not quantum physics.

Cullion
6th July 09, 04:20 AM
Not afterwards. Everything will be different afterwards.

Neildo
6th July 09, 04:33 AM
death metal, psychotropics, and theoretical physics sounds like a good time to me.

Cullion
6th July 09, 06:30 AM
I think it would be like a Marvel event. Poop loops would accidentally eat a radioactive shroom and acquire the power to change probabilities.

Tanhalen21
7th July 09, 01:02 AM
A little bit of shrooms would do the world some good

Ajamil
7th July 09, 02:43 PM
I think it would be like a Marvel event. Poop loops would accidentally eat a radioactive shroom and acquire the power to change probabilities.
Also, he's a woman.

http://media.comicvine.com/uploads/0/77/78404-8429-arcanna_large.jpg

Though not expressly stated, it is highly likely that Arcanna gained her abilities as a result of the nanovirus that came to Earth on Hyperions ship, that is also responsible for giving many other humans powers in that universe (Earth 31916).

Arcanna controls quantum outcomes. She sees all possible quantum realities and is able to choose which one happens (similar to the Scarlet Witch (http://www.comicvine.com/scarlet-witch/29-1466/) ability to manipulate probability). She is also a leading expert in quantum mechanics due to this ability.

Feryk
9th July 09, 11:22 AM
As if PL would be that hot.