PDA

View Full Version : A matter of taste .. ?

Yiktin Voxbane
19th June 09, 01:01 AM
Lets assume you're lost in a wasteland and you've not eaten for a week .

You stumble across a food vendor who has but Two choices

Cheese-flavoured fish

Fish-flavoured cheese

Which do YOU choose and why ?

nihilist
19th June 09, 01:11 AM
I choose cheese-flavored fish.

The alternative offers nothing but smelly gas and constipation.

Toby Christensen
19th June 09, 01:29 AM
I've not eaten for MONTHS sometimes.

Cheese flavoured fish. I'm not a big fish eater but if it can be negotiated cheesy fish would be great.

At least it isn't tofu.

Robot Jesus
19th June 09, 01:30 AM
stim-paks, lots of them.

TheLordHumungus
19th June 09, 01:48 AM
Fish flavored cheese.

I can figure out how you can make cheese taste like fish. I can think of no good way to imbue fish with cheese flavor.

Also, I have an unnatural love of cheeses.

nihilist
19th June 09, 01:54 AM
What happens when that lump of cheese rolls down to your sphincter and blocks the fire-exit?

TheLordHumungus
19th June 09, 01:55 AM
Why I have a good old fashioned anal fire drill, of course.

nihilist
19th June 09, 02:04 AM
Would that involve the goatse or the tubgirl method?

TheLordHumungus
19th June 09, 02:18 AM
Nah, you gotta go with the colonic irrigation. That's just how the hardcore motherfuckers roll.

nihilist
19th June 09, 02:21 AM
Sounds refreshing, especially when you consider adding carbonation into the mix.

Yiktin Voxbane
19th June 09, 02:59 AM
How-do Minty Anal Douche ?

socratic
19th June 09, 07:10 AM
The obvious answer to this dilemma is to eat the food vendor.

Truculent Sheep
19th June 09, 08:29 AM
It's quite possible to knock together a decent meal with fish and cheese, so that would be what I'd go for.

Neildo
19th June 09, 09:07 AM
http://lucasisbored.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/616730_goldfish_cracker.jpg

Ajamil
19th June 09, 02:36 PM
There's a vending machine? Just start busting it open and someone will be along to yell at you and you can get rescued.

Other than that I'd go with the cheese because I don't eat fish and I like the taste of fish.

TheLordHumungus
19th June 09, 03:02 PM
Okay, I'll bite. If you like the taste, why don't you eat fish.

Ajamil
19th June 09, 03:21 PM
I wasn't always vegetarian. I can realize that things taste good without desiring to eat them.

Kiko
19th June 09, 03:23 PM
Yay, Nieldo!!

http://www.dantobindantobin.com/pics/goldfish.jpg

TheLordHumungus
19th June 09, 03:31 PM
I wasn't always vegetarian. I can realize that things taste good without desiring to eat them.

Oh, I had no idea you were a vegetarian. Now it all comes together.

Cullion
19th June 09, 03:39 PM
I can figure out how you can make cheese taste like fish. I can think of no good way to imbue fish with cheese flavor.

Other than serve it with a cheese sauce. Or putting parmesan on it. Like in hundreds of dishes.

Gruyere and paprika goes with shellfish beautifully.

Neildo
19th June 09, 04:00 PM
jesus ate fish Arjuna. are you saying jesus was wrong?

Ajamil
20th June 09, 03:12 PM
Really? Are you referring to the time when he was offered fish and a honeycomb, and he took "it" (singular, I'll re-check the greek), or where it says in the OT "Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil and choose the good."

Anyway, had this discussion with others. Ultimately I think Jesus did what he had to in order to get the lessons across to his followers. Probably would be very hard to teach about God in a fishing community if the first lessons you give would destroy their diet and culture.

TheLordHumungus
21st June 09, 01:58 AM
Other than serve it with a cheese sauce. Or putting parmesan on it. Like in hundreds of dishes.

Gruyere and paprika goes with shellfish beautifully.

Well yes. But we're not talking about fish with cheese, we're talking about fish that itself tastes like cheese.

TheLordHumungus
21st June 09, 02:00 AM
Really? Are you referring to the time when he was offered fish and a honeycomb, and he took "it" (singular, I'll re-check the greek), or where it says in the OT "Behold, a virgin shall conceive, and bear a son, and shall call his name Immanuel. Butter and honey shall he eat, that he may know to refuse the evil and choose the good."

Anyway, had this discussion with others. Ultimately I think Jesus did what he had to in order to get the lessons across to his followers. Probably would be very hard to teach about God in a fishing community if the first lessons you give would destroy their diet and culture.

I can understand being a vegetarian for philosophical reasons. Doing it because of some christian superstition would be absurd even if the bible did support it.

DAYoung
21st June 09, 02:03 AM
Fish.

A diet of cheese sounds like a bad idea.

TheLordHumungus
21st June 09, 02:09 AM
When is chronic constipation ever a bad idea.

DAYoung
21st June 09, 02:12 AM
WITH OUR FISH CHEESE WE CAN MAKE FAECES AS DENSE AS QUARK STARS!

bob
21st June 09, 02:36 AM
There's an oral sex analogy in here somewhere but I haven't the stomach to find it.

DAYoung
21st June 09, 02:37 AM
There's an oral sex analogy in here somewhere but I haven't the stomach to find it.

Leave the fishing to NunOnBreak.

Kiko
21st June 09, 07:23 AM
Why do you encourage him?

DAYoung
28th June 09, 01:25 AM
Fair point.

Morbid, sordid curiosity?

Toby Christensen
29th June 09, 04:01 AM
I think it's funny that the direct descendant of an Emperor FAMOUS for piety, cleanliness, love and holy wrath goes on about "tea parties" and innuendo.

I just really do.