PDA

View Full Version : "Da-Da-Daaa-Da...Da-Du-Duh..." Indy 5

Spade: The Real Snake
17th June 09, 03:07 PM
From the BBC:

http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/entertainment/8102103.stm

Nine-Finger LeBeouf Sez They Talkin' Indy.

The BBC's Lizo Mzimba caught up with one of the movie's rising stars, Shia LaBeouf, who also reveals that Steven Spielberg is working on a fifth Indiana Jones movie. Story Has Video.

Shawarma
17th June 09, 03:12 PM
Hope they don't make it. I liked Indy 4, but only as a way of closing off the series, having him settle down with Marion and so on. It's gotta end there - Both Ford and Spielberg are too old to make it work at this point.

Also: Shia is shiat.

17th June 09, 03:19 PM
I didn't like "Crystal Skull" while I was watching it. Walked out of the theatre just complaining bitterly to my wife about hackneyed, forced, contrived, fucking aliens.....then my 8-yr. old commented that he liked it and thought Mutt was cool.

And I realized that for him, he isn't stuck with 25 yrs. of backstory, this was "his" first Indiana Jones and to kids Mutt and Indy are "equals". He had seen the others on TV and DVD.....but aren't burdened with canon.

So kids won't really care as much as adults, like the newer Star Wars movies. To him Obi-Wan = Ewan MacGregor as much as Sir Alec Guiness.

cuatro76
17th June 09, 04:22 PM
As long as George Lucas doesn't write the story, it could be ok.

Dark Helmet
17th June 09, 04:32 PM
This sounds like a shitty idea ..................................and it will probably make 60 million at the box office in it's opening weekend.

This kid is Hollywood cash-cow and they will milk it until the last drop comes out of Shia teats. That is when Shia turns thirty and has a heroin addiction.

bob
17th June 09, 04:35 PM
The transformation of Marion from a hard drinking action heroine into a frumpy, one dimensional, distinctly un-MILF like soccer mom was one of the saddest moments of my film watching career.

Virus
18th June 09, 12:21 AM
Indy 4 sucked.

The fridge scene.

Aliens.

That kid turns out to be his son.

Gh3yer than a parade of guys in their underpants waving rainbow banners.

Indy 1? Fucking A.
Indy 2? Suck with stupid annoying kid and stupid annoying woman.
Indy 3? Fucking A.

socratic
18th June 09, 11:47 PM
Indy 1 was the best of the series but I still somehow managed to enjoy Indy 4. Maybe because when I think "Indiana Jones" I think 'speculative fiction in a 20th century adventurer setting' not 'fantasy, and only fantasy', so Indy discovering magical artefacts in the 1930s seemed about as plausible storyline-wise to me as Indy dealing with Roswell. A lot of the extended universe stuff has tie-ins with other mythologies and conspiracies, atlantis etc.

I understood the fridge thing, I mean, it's supposed to be lead-shielded or something, but I wondered if it's really that much lead and if even with Indy's total indestructability he should really be walking after that. Still, I kinda enjoyed it. They had two groups of angry natives!

Shawarma
19th June 09, 09:11 AM
I LOL at people who cried about the fridge scene. Because, yeah, Indy should not be so blatantly ridiculous! What's next, hah, him walking on thin fucking air?

Oh, wait....

19th June 09, 09:51 AM
^^^
Only the penitent man shall pass.

Doritosaurus Chex
19th June 09, 10:01 AM
You have chosen poorly.

19th June 09, 10:14 AM
^^^
This is one of the "go-to" lines my little family uses often......

Shawarma
19th June 09, 11:36 AM
And an awesome line it was too. Like Sir Percival was some kind of 1000 year old gameshow host.

Ajamil
19th June 09, 02:51 PM
Do you say it in the bathroom? Cause I know some chili dishes that'll make you get on your knees.

(Referring, of course, to the penitent man line.)

19th June 09, 02:55 PM
No, the ".....chose poorly...." line.

Whattya doing on your knees in the men's rooM?

Ajamil
19th June 09, 03:06 PM
Doing penance. After passing one of those meals, you can't help but lose power in your lower half and just slide off the throne to your knees.