PDA

View Full Version : Cop sentenced to prison for beating a man in a wheelchair

Fearless Ukemi
12th June 09, 10:50 AM
This one is a legit case of police misconduct for you to bitch about Kracker.

Unfortuantely for him, he was caught on camera in the act. Originally, he said person had attacked him. He was entenced to three years in federal prison.

http://news.aol.com/article/wheelchair-beating/524492

HappyOldGuy
12th June 09, 10:52 AM
The cops whining in that article should be thrown under busses. Literally.

kracker
12th June 09, 10:55 AM
I'm grateful that there was any prosecution at all but I wonder what kind of sentence I would get for doing that?

Fearless Ukemi
12th June 09, 10:57 AM
The cops whining in that article should be thrown under busses. Literally.

yes, especially the guy who said he had never seen such a blow to morale in the department. "Oh no, we can't beat the crap out of people in wheelchairs. What bullshit!"

FickleFingerOfFate
12th June 09, 11:17 AM
I'm grateful that there was any prosecution at all but I wonder what kind of sentence I would get for doing that?

We could beat you until you were retarded....

Oh, wait,

Too late.

Shawarma
12th June 09, 11:25 AM
"Was an honest mistake, I thought the captain said to be on the lookout for cripple related gang activity. "

elipson
12th June 09, 02:45 PM
The system works!

Huzzah!

jkdbuck76
12th June 09, 04:03 PM
You can't cripple a cripple, so beating them is okay. HAHA man on wheels! Neener neener!

Exactly. I look at it this way: I bet that the wheel-enhanced guy was talking smack to the cop. So the cop clubbed his ass.

Now had the cop NOT clubbed his ass for running his mouth, that would be discrimination.

If you're going to beat smart-mouthed people like a sunday morning boner, you beat ALL of them.....two-legged and 4-wheeled alike.

FickleFingerOfFate
12th June 09, 04:09 PM
Exactly. I look at it this way: I bet that the wheel-enhanced guy was talking smack to the cop. So the cop clubbed his ass.

Now had the cop NOT clubbed his ass for running his mouth, that would be discrimination.

If you're going to beat smart-mouthed people like a sunday morning boner, you beat ALL of them.....two-legged and 4-wheeled alike.

* Prices Plane tickets to Tobyville Australia *

WarPhalange
12th June 09, 04:12 PM
"B-but but your honor!! He was black! What was I supposed to do? Not beat him? What kind of example would I be setting to all those nigras that drive nice cars and want to steal our women folk?"

Shawarma
12th June 09, 05:26 PM
Please don't say nigra in front of the children, we don't want them to grow up to be pedophiles or 4chan users.

kracker
12th June 09, 07:03 PM
The system works!

Huzzah!

LMAO I wouldn't go that far

socratic
12th June 09, 07:27 PM
What did the cop say the quadriplegic do? Run over his toe?

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 07:40 PM
He was probably just trying to jack the other guy's sweet ride. Yeah, that guy is a fucking douche bag.

Shawarma
12th June 09, 07:44 PM
Guy in the wheelchair tried to do a wheelby shooting on the cop.

mrblackmagic
12th June 09, 07:49 PM
Well, I'm just glad somebody is letting senior citizens and gimps know they aren't above a good country asskicking for mouthing off.

Antifa
12th June 09, 07:50 PM
The system works!

Huzzah!

Clearly it does not.

I just reviewed the video. I saw one man in uniform beating another man in a wheelchair in a hospital where the man in the wheelchair was being treated for a stab wound. The cop was using a non-issue impact weapon. The beating was clearly unprovoked.

The cop then filed a false report claiming the victim attacked him and two other people.

I saw three other people in uniform in that video. Where are their reports? They were witnesses to a crime one way or the other.

Did they lie to cover this beating of a wounded man in a hospital? Did their reports corraborate what beater-cop said?

There should have been 3 more prosecutions. There was barely even one. At first this guy plead himself down to 18 months probation. Probabtion. the story also clearly states he was only orginally suspended from the force for 2 years.

Thus, 2 years later he could have gotten his job back and been out doing it some more.

Until 1 state official interviened in a way that is clearly unpopular this man would have suffered very little.

At the same time 3 other thugs in uniform were not prosecuted for their covering up of a felony. Thats conspiracy by the very legal definition.

It is also crime to not report a felony that you have witnessed.

Bottom line, the system did not actually work, and these pigs will always cover up for their own.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 07:51 PM
I think his defense attorney is even more of a douche bag by making all the appeals to piss off other cops.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 07:52 PM
Antifa:

The three other "thugs in uniform" were rent-a-cops. Not real police. Those were security uniforms.

Toby Christensen
12th June 09, 07:55 PM
I will throw the coppers under the busses. I volunteer!

*hiptoss, zoooooooooooomm crunch*!

Antifa
12th June 09, 07:55 PM
Antifa:

The three other "thugs in uniform" were rent-a-cops. Not real police. Those were security uniforms.

Thats fine. They still have to file paper work on the incident. They still wish they were real cops and they still witnessed a brutal crime and at a bare minimum did fuckall

FickleFingerOfFate
12th June 09, 07:57 PM
I will throw the coppers under the busses. I volunteer!

*Warms up wheelchair... crunch*!

Chair Wars II - Revenge of the Cripple.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 08:01 PM
Thats fine. They still have to file paper work on the incident. They still wish they were real cops and they still witnessed a brutal crime and at a bare minimum did fuckall
What were they supposed to do? Call the police?

Psycho cop is beating a guy in a wheel chair with a stab wound. He has a gun and a badge.

Surely you realize they were powerless to stop anything. Not all security guards want to be cops and day dream about beating defenseless old cripple dude.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:04 PM
What were they supposed to do? Call the police?

Psycho cop is beating a guy in a wheel chair with a stab wound. He has a gun and a badge.

Surely you realize they were powerless to stop anything. Not all security guards want to be cops and day dream about beating defenseless old cripples dude.

It's their hospital. They know the tape is there. Take the tape and march your all three of your asses over to internal affairs after your shift and let it be know that the tape is CC'd to the media.

Done

WarPhalange
12th June 09, 08:07 PM
It's their hospital. They know the tape is there. Take the tape and march your all three of your asses over to internal affairs after your shift and let it be know that the tape is CC'd to the media.

Done

Fuck that. Youtube it. Or at least Youtube it first. Tapes can get destroyed. Youtube is forever. That is why if I ever propose to a woman, I will give her an engagement Youtube.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 08:09 PM

Done

Well, whose to say that they didn't?

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:13 PM
Well, whose to say that they didn't?

If they had we would have been watching this video 2 years ago

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:14 PM
Fuck that. Youtube it. Or at least Youtube it first. Tapes can get destroyed. Youtube is forever. That is why if I ever propose to a woman, I will give her an engagement Youtube.

+rep for supporting grassroots decentralized action.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 08:15 PM
How much do you know about evidential procedure? Courts can keep evidence out of the public while charges are pending in order to insure a fair and impartial trial.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:17 PM
How much do you know about evidential procedure? Courts can keep evidence out of the public while charges are pending in order to insure a fair and impartial trial.

Then why was the Rodney King video ever seen?

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 08:18 PM
because it was filmed BY the media.

Once in the public domain, it can't be suppressed from public viewing. that was a security camera video. Freedom of the press isn't universal and they can't just take any media they want from evidence lockers before the trial is over.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:19 PM
because it was filmed BY the media.

Once in the public domain, it can't be suppressed from public viewing. that was a security camera video.

So go put it in the public domain on your way to the IA desk.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 08:22 PM
it found it's way to the right people. somebody made a report to internal affairs. the guy went to jail. justice served.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:24 PM
it found it's way to the right people. somebody made a report to internal affairs. the guy went to jail. justice served.

Not for long enough. And not without much wrangling.

The prosecutors orginally let his ass go without so much has having breakfest behind bars once.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 08:29 PM
true, but this is at least a step in the right direction.

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 08:32 PM
Legal wrangling is unique?

On the court call, I see traffic cases from the -f-ing 90s sometimes.

Douche in federal pen. Bona fide felony conviction.

That's called a score.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:33 PM
Legal wrangling is unique?

On the court call, I see traffic cases from the -f-ing 90s sometimes.

Douche in federal pen. Bona fide felony conviction.

That's called a score.

Hasnt changed the culture a drop.

how is morale in your neck of the woods around this anyway?

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 08:34 PM
We have our own problems.

Cook County is it's own thing.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:41 PM
We have our own problems.

Cook County is it's own thing.

We both know exactly what I think about Cook County

kracker
12th June 09, 08:54 PM

Yeah, except I'd get 10 years if I did anything even remotely similar. Wouldn't have taken any wrangling and there would be no one to obstruct justice for me either. Isn't there something called the Rule of Law where people have to be treated equally for something to be called justice?

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 08:55 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't delayed justice, but it still comes under that heading.

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 09:00 PM
Yeah, except I'd get 10 years if I did anything even remotely similar. Wouldn't have taken any wrangling and there would be no one to obstruct justice for me either. Isn't there something called the Rule of Law where people have to be treated equally for something to be called justice?

This is why you're a complete asshole, kracker. Srsly.

I arrested a dude who stabbed another dude in the neck with a beer bottle. Inches from certain death.

Within 30 days of posting bond for that, he stabbed someone else in the head with a screw driver.

He did 2 years my silly central asian. 2.

That included relevant priors when it came to sentencing too, dickhead.

For slapping someone with a blackjack? Eh...conditional discharge if convicted. Anger classes.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 09:02 PM
Fuck me, I never want to be a cop.

Antifa
12th June 09, 09:05 PM
This is why you're a complete asshole, kracker. Srsly.

I arrested a dude who stabbed another dude in the neck with a beer bottle. Inches from certain death.

Within 30 days of posting bond for that, he stabbed someone else in the head with a screw driver.

He did 2 years my silly central asian. 2.

For slapping someone with a blackjack? Eh...conditional discharge if convicted.

I have never seen anything like that. and I've seen alot of violence. and heard about alot more.

Everytime I have seen a situation or heard of a situation where a weapon entered the chain of evidence somebody was gonna be kissing 5-10 years goodbye.

This is the premise that I totally think through anything I do. Because that is the level of time I expect if I were to be convicted.

Only snitches and people with alot of social agency get treated any lighter than that in my experience.

Was neck-stab guy a CI or something?

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 09:08 PM
He epitomized sleazy townie fuck.

Any drunken, douche-bag, out-of-control, drug-addled noise disturbance quasi-sexual-assault on a weekday night...he's there.

Antifa
12th June 09, 09:11 PM
He epitomized sleazy townie drunken fuck.

Any drunken, douche-bag, out-of-control, drug-addled noise disturbance on a weekday night...he's there.

Those guys are always snitches

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 09:12 PM
Really.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 09:15 PM
I have never seen anything like that. and I've seen alot of violence. and heard about alot more.

Everytime I have seen a situation or heard of a situation where a weapon entered the chain of evidence somebody was gonna be kissing 5-10 years goodbye.

This is the premise that I totally think through anything I do. Because that is the level of time I expect if I were to be convicted.

Only snitches and people with alot of social agency get treated any lighter than that in my experience.

Was neck-stab guy a CI or something?
Look up Steve Buscemi. He was stabbed in the neck by a drunk college kid and they even deferred his sentence long enough for him to finish his semester.

Then he barely did any time at all. Not even a year. (edit: scratch that, i don't think he did time at all.)

The big problem with the legal system is that it isn't consistent enough with the punishments. Too much is politicized. Fuck if i could ever put up with that shit.

elipson
12th June 09, 10:38 PM

Can you BE anymore pathetic?

If a cop is found innocent you cry injustice. If a cop is found guilty you STILL cry injustice. You have no interest in the truth, you only have an interest in advancing your beliefs, whether they are true or not.

Grow up.

Knave
12th June 09, 10:49 PM
Greetings.

You would've played Let's Make a Deal, misdemeanor simple battery, 6-18 months probation, court costs, anger management, maybe a payout to a battered womens' shelter or charity. Case closed.

The cop got off much worse than you would have. That's why the other officers are pissed. He's being made an example of due to prior issues of police misconduct in the department.

You know what that's like? That's like "the system" giving max sentences to all black men because of prior widespread crime committed by black men. But I bet you'd bitch and moan about that but don't give half a fuck when it happens to police.

Hypocrite.

HappyOldGuy
12th June 09, 11:59 PM
I've known people who killed other people and didn't get 10 years. I wish this cop had gotten more than he did, because I'm really okay with holding cops to a higher standard in this kind of case, but anyone who thinks that a random first time offender would have gotten near as much time is kidding themselves.

Fearless Ukemi
13th June 09, 12:11 AM

Who the fuck do you think provided the video that lead to the conviction?

Fearless Ukemi
13th June 09, 12:12 AM
If they had we would have been watching this video 2 years ago

You have no idea how criminal trials work.

Fearless Ukemi
13th June 09, 12:17 AM
I've known people who killed other people and didn't get 10 years. I wish this cop had gotten more than he did, because I'm really okay with holding cops to a higher standard in this kind of case, but anyone who thinks that a random first time offender would have gotten near as much time is kidding themselves.

It depends. If the weapon used in an assault is an illegal firearm, the sentence will be much harsher than if something else was used.

Simply being in possession of an illegal firearm in some places will get you more than what you would get for actually assaulting someone with a weapon that isn't a gun.

Fearless Ukemi
13th June 09, 05:27 PM
More bad behavior by the police (NYPD). Reading this article upset me. I'm not going to go all Kracker on the cops, but this is not good.

http://news.aol.com/article/security-camera-clears-drug-suspect/526114?icid=main|aim|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.a ol.com%2Farticle%2Fsecurity-camera-clears-drug-suspect%2F526114

Antifa
13th June 09, 06:07 PM
Really.

Often enough that I just assume and keep my name out of their mouth.

If you have some guy who seems to only exist to start stupid fights and be the line that rufy travels from factory to beer and they have been running around like that for years something is wrong.

people that stupid who spend that much time being that fucked up on something will always catch cases. Then you wonder why they are still walking around.

Either they got money make bail and pay lawyers and such or they are giving somebody up somehow. I've seen it in every town and I just assume that any weak personality that is too stupid for crime still walking is obviously talking.

------

The other dead snitch give away is mr "I'm never going back to prison". Really? Then why you do crime? If you are never going back no matter what, there are only 2 ways you are gonna make that happen:

1) You are gonna hold court in street and bang with SWAT
or
2) You are gonna snitch.

So when somebody says that, and I think they mean it, but I dont think they are the hard hearted ass kicker that is going to play north hollywood shootout, then option #2 is what is up. And they just boarded the train to distant aquaintence land.

Antifa
13th June 09, 06:11 PM
Greetings.

You would've played Let's Make a Deal, misdemeanor simple battery, 6-18 months probation, court costs, anger management, maybe a payout to a battered womens' shelter or charity. Case closed.

Bullshit.

Hitting a restrained person in a wheelchair with a weapon when you are not a cop is going to get the prosecution to enhance the fuck out of your charges.

You'd get a charge for having the weapon, another for using it, agravation for the restraint and an enhancement for the wheelchair.

You will not plead that shit down to simple battery and walk away with 6-18 months on paper.

You might, if you were a model citizen up until that point walk away with your time suspended and a bunch of time on paper, but not 6-18 months. You'll be seeing your PO for 5 years and have at least 3 on the shelf waiting for the moment when you piss dirty.

Antifa
13th June 09, 06:12 PM
You have no idea how criminal trials work.

No... actually I do.

kracker
13th June 09, 10:25 PM
More bad behavior by the police (NYPD). Reading this article upset me. I'm not going to go all Kracker on the cops, but this is not good.

http://news.aol.com/article/security-camera-clears-drug-suspect/526114?icid=main|aim|dl1|link3|http%3A%2F%2Fnews.a ol.com%2Farticle%2Fsecurity-camera-clears-drug-suspect%2F526114

Interesting case, glad justice seems to being served here. Some of the comments are truly hillarious though.

Look at them! they look like thugs! They don't even speak english! Take a good look at them! They look like they ride around playing loud music in their cars. They can't even tuck in their shirts. They don't look like nice guys! They look gully! They have that gully shank ya mami tough guy look. I don't and would not want low lives like that in my neighborhood. I don't want them near my schools, sisters, daughters, playground, and even near my own sh!t !!! They brought peril on their own selves. Had they been more conservative and decent looking in their appearance ... the cops would not have made the mistake of taking them for drug dealing society debasing animals. Take a good look at them! .... before you start insulting me with racist rhetoric. Good thing the rents in Weschester are to high for those types to come and infect the goodness of decent American living. Ohhhh ... I almost forgot ... there's a portorickie parade on sunday ... looks like we're going to have a..

That's a perfect example of the mentality I would love to eradicate.

Fearless Ukemi
13th June 09, 10:59 PM
What made the article really disturbing to me was wondering how many people they may have fucked over before this.

Adouglasmhor
14th June 09, 10:12 AM
I think his defense attorney is even more of a douche bag by making all the appeals to piss off other cops.

It's the job of defence to defend, even if the Allied powers had captured Adolph Hitler alive i would have expected his defence to do their job. Otherwise it's just a Kangaroo court and a police state.

Sun Wukong
14th June 09, 11:36 AM
It's the job of defence to defend, even if the Allied powers had captured Adolph Hitler alive i would have expected his defence to do their job. Otherwise it's just a Kangaroo court and a police state.

It's not what he said in the court room the bothers me, it's what he said to the media outside of the courtroom; all that shit about how this was all a message to other cops about the reward for 15 years of service.

Come on, it takes a colossal douche bag to say some shit like that; that's the reward for beating a cripple with stab wounds in a hospital about the face and neck with a sap.