PDA

View Full Version : Seriously, f*ck off and die PETA.

Steve
10th June 09, 04:36 PM
This is the first time that I realized that we need a BIG middle finger icon to go with posting threads. Phrost, can we make this happen, PLEASE?

http://saraschaefer.com/ss/middle_finger.jpgPETA targets fish toss at Pike Place Market
PETA has taken a stand against one of the most popular tourist attractions in Seattle - the fish market at the Pike Place Market that tosses salmon.

SEATTLE —

PETA has taken a stand against one of the most popular tourist attractions in Seattle - the fish market at the Pike Place Market that tosses salmon.

PETA heard that the American Veterinary Medical Association planned a Pike Place Fish Market demonstration at next month's convention at the convention center.

PETA sent a letter to the association saying people who care about animals are appalled fish would be treated as toys. A spokeswoman for PETA in Norfolk, Va., Lindsay Rajt, says veterinarians should show compassion.

PETA hasn't heard from the veterinarians.

An assistant manager at the Pike Place Fish Market, Justin Hall, says workers there respect fish because it's their livelihood and they take pride in having the best seafood.

----------------------------------------------

Link. (http://seattletimes.nwsource.com/html/localnews/2009319216_apwapetathrowingfish.html?syndication=r ss)

You've got to be fucking kidding me. I heard about this on NPR today, they suggested that the tossers throw PLASTIC fish instead of dead ones! For fuck sake, THEY ARE DEAD ALREADY. PEOPLE EAT THOSE FISH, THEY AREN'T "TOYS."

Fuck you, PETA. Keep your retarded paws of my Pike Place Market.

Zendetta
10th June 09, 04:40 PM
Well, this is a problem that provides its own elegant solution:

Involve PETArds in the fish-throwing rites - when they protest, fucking throw fish at the sonsabitches.

If they leave at quit, win. If they keep coming back, WIN.

I declare that every red-blooded Seattlite shall eat at the little grilled fish sammich place run by stoners one additional time per week until this crisis has passed.

EuropIan
10th June 09, 04:41 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c6/Cup_of_rage.jpg

Steve
10th June 09, 05:02 PM
http://images.encyclopediadramatica.com/images/c/c6/Cup_of_rage.jpg

Needs more rage.

EuropIan
10th June 09, 05:03 PM
http://img509.imageshack.us/img509/6929/ragenh4.png

Harpy
10th June 09, 05:28 PM
I actually think tossing dead fish is stupid. We don't toss the corpses of our family members 'for fun' when they die. I know, fish aren't related to me, but still, a life is a life.

Also, who other than retards and kids are entertained by 'fish tossing'?

Spade: The Real Snake
10th June 09, 05:29 PM
In Before Lily!

EDIT
FAIL

bob
10th June 09, 05:32 PM
a life is a life.

I'm not sure that's a particularly defensible position.

Also, when I heard the phrase 'fish toss' I couldn't help but think of the Simpsons episode where Marge's sister marries the movie star who shags fish.

Steve
10th June 09, 05:39 PM
I actually think tossing dead fish is stupid. We don't toss the corpses of our family members 'for fun' when they die. I know, fish aren't related to me, but still, a life is a life.

You have to be trolling.

They don't just toss fish around for the tourists. They have a largish space compared to the other stalls at the market, they toss the fish just like the guy that tosses a bag of peanuts at the ball game: to get it to the customer without having to walk all the way over there.

It just happens to be entertaining for people to watch others buy their fish.

Harpy
10th June 09, 05:44 PM
Oh Steve, I understand now. Its just a marketing thing. I'm fine with that.

I thought it was some full-scale fish juggling, which I would definitely be opposed to.

EuropIan
10th June 09, 05:47 PM
Oh Steve, I understand now. Its just a marketing thing. I'm fine with that.

I thought it was some full-scale fish juggling, which I would definitely be opposed to.
http://asterixinteractif.free.fr/informations/images/portrait_ordralphabetix.gif

Cullion
10th June 09, 05:51 PM

We don't eat our dead family members either.

Dark Helmet
10th June 09, 05:59 PM
HA ha haha ha haha!

Harpy
10th June 09, 06:16 PM
Steve, why don't you do an anti-PETA protest at the fish markets if you feel so strongly about the fish tossing?

EuropIan
10th June 09, 06:18 PM
http://tanganyika-cichlids.com/Divers/img_ordralfabetix2.gif

Harpy
10th June 09, 06:19 PM
I'm happy for you Ian.

EuropIan
10th June 09, 06:23 PM
Ordralfabétix is not happy for you.

Dark Helmet
10th June 09, 06:37 PM
He smelled like fish didn't he?

EuropIan
10th June 09, 06:41 PM
^yes
He also throws fish.

At the Romans

Harpy
10th June 09, 06:45 PM

SEATTLE —

PETA heard that the American Veterinary Medical Association planned a Pike Place Fish Market demonstration at next month's convention at the convention center.

PETA sent a letter to the association saying people who care about animals are appalled fish would be treated as toys. A spokeswoman for PETA in Norfolk, Va., Lindsay Rajt, says veterinarians should show compassion.

PETA hasn't heard from the veterinarians.

An assistant manager at the Pike Place Fish Market, Justin Hall, says workers there respect fish because it's their livelihood and they take pride in having the best seafood.

Fuck you, PETA. Keep your retarded paws of my Pike Place Market.

Tell me something Steve, what is wrong with PETA writing a letter to the Vet Association? Its not like they've car bombed anyone. Its a letter dude, chill.

Whether the AVMA takes PETA's opinion on board is their decision, but PETA (or its members) still has the right to voice that opinion. You seem to be painting PETA and animal rights activists as a bunch of intolerant die-hards, can't you see that you're becoming what you hate?

Insteaad of trying to understand their view and then disagreeing, you decide that an all out 'they're fucking retards' will do?

WarPhalange
10th June 09, 06:49 PM
PETA irony protest: When protesters protest the fish throwing, throw fish at them.

HappyOldGuy
10th June 09, 06:52 PM

??

Steve
10th June 09, 07:00 PM
Steve, why don't you do an anti-PETA protest at the fish markets if you feel so strongly about the fish tossing?

Nope, and that's half the point: It's about dead fish. I would never lower myself to the stupidity of PETA by making it seem that this cause is even worth counter protesting. Why do you think they haven't heard back from the veterinarians yet?

That's why it's a rant of mine, not an "OMG we must do something now" thread.

Tell me something Steve, what is wrong with PETA writing a letter to the Vet Association? Its not like they've car bombed anyone. Its a letter dude, chill.

Whether the AVMA takes PETA's opinion on board is their decision, but PETA (or its members) still has the right to voice that opinion. You seem to be painting PETA and animal rights activists as a bunch of intolerant die-hards, can't you see that you're becoming what you hate?

Insteaad of trying to understand their view and then disagreeing, you decide that an all out 'they're fucking retards' will do?

Lily, first off see the above mentioning of "rant." Secondly, I don't have to see the position of anyone that has an obviously stupid gimmick as a way to push their agenda. Remember that whole "sea kitten (http://www.sociocide.com/forums/showthread.php?t=51105)" thread I made a few months back? You want me to see their position and believe the fish have cat faces?

Sure, fish are great. But I'm just saying at this point, next PETA will be going after folks that happen to like chocolate covered grasshoppers (http://www.candywarehouse.com/insects.html).

Robot Jesus
10th June 09, 10:45 PM
PETA also supports terrorists, often using them as spokesmen.

bob
10th June 09, 10:49 PM
Hai, Lily wut duz peter think uv thiz?

IhJQp-q1Y1s

Sun Wukong
11th June 09, 04:23 AM
PETA is so fucking retarded. They're such an embarrassment to the US.

Kiko
11th June 09, 05:33 AM

Ce0UEb05DXI

Sun Wukong
11th June 09, 05:37 AM
seriously, I bet PETA has major corporate backing from vegan food manufacturers. Their whole organization smells like a work to me. They seem so fanatically dishonest about shit I can only suspect a different kind of greed to be directing them.

What kind of business does PETA have ties with?

Harpy
11th June 09, 10:26 PM
Why does anyone think I'm trolling about animal rights issues? Is it so unbelievable that I love animals and don't want to toss their dead corpses around/harpoon their asses/tear out their raw hearts and eat them?

HappyOldGuy
11th June 09, 11:07 PM
Why does anyone think I'm trolling about animal rights issues? Is it so unbelievable that I love animals and don't want to toss their dead corpses around/harpoon their asses/tear out their raw hearts and eat them?

You are a smart gal. I have no problem believing you care about animals. I do have a hard time believing you care that the guys who work in a particular fish toss the dead fish instead of handing them off because the market is large. That is inconsistent with my first sentence.

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 11:52 PM

I think it's turning into "Lily is a fucking retard".

The humane society. They actually take care of animals, accomodate volunteers to do likewise, bring animals to nursing homes to cheer people up, provide reduced fee neutering...shit like that....you know....the physical care of animals and their functional incorporation into our lifestyles

And they manage to not be drastic attention whores about it.

Do you know how to not be an attention whore, Lily?

socratic
11th June 09, 11:57 PM

No! Wrong. You have yet to prove that fish have the same moral value as humans.

seriously, I bet PETA has major corporate backing from vegan food manufacturers. Their whole organization smells like a work to me. They seem so fanatically dishonest about shit I can only suspect a different kind of greed to be directing them.

What kind of business does PETA have ties with?

Domestic terrorists mostly. You heard me. No doubt whoever mass produces tofu wins a lot of dough from these fanatards. Also they have businesses and 'charities' they run, like animal shelters and animal euthenasia establishments. They have no problem picketing other establishments who do the same shit however.

HappyOldGuy
12th June 09, 12:41 AM
I think it's turning into "Lily is a fucking retard".

The humane society. They actually take care of animals, accomodate volunteers to do likewise, bring animals to nursing homes to cheer people up, provide reduced fee neutering...shit like that....you know....the physical care of animals and their functional incorporation into our lifestyles

And they manage to not be drastic attention whores about it.

Every once in a while, Leisel says something unsilly.

It's not that animal rights groups suck, it's that PETA specifically sucks. As in, protests (with assaults and heavy vandalism) outside of SPCA shelters because the SPCA puts down animals, then opens it's own shelter for abandoned animals almost immediately starts to euthanize the animals it has rescued because it turns out that, hey, caring for hundreds of animals that people won't take is fucking expensive.

Do you know how to not be an attention whore, Lily?

Apparently tho, Leisel can't stay off form for very long.

Toby Christensen
12th June 09, 03:39 AM
PETA are the embarrassments of vegans.

I am not a vegetarian or vegan; if you are, fine.

What they proposing though? Veganism for ALL the world?

What about hunting based societies? What about cattle herders? What about people in deserts (like Tibet or the Bedouin territories).

What about people with fast metabolisms (like me?). I need milk and meat.

For that matter, what about vivisectionist research where needed, as bad as that is?

Also, what about people MINDING THEIR OWN DAMN BUSINESS (I consider that phrase swearing, but I'm sorry it warrants it).

syberia
12th June 09, 03:54 AM
No! Wrong. You have yet to prove that fish have the same moral value as humans.

When it comes down to it, humans only have 'moral value' because we place it on ourselves in the first place. We live in a society that makes a distinction between 'Humans' and 'animals'. Every speicies does it, to some degree, its fairly natural i think. In the long run neither of us really matters.

PETA is a bunch of way over the top fanatics who really dont understand how to change anything for the better. I'm yet to hear of a campaigne that i can agree heads in the right direction.
Not that i think we should be vegitarians, god forbid.

socratic
12th June 09, 07:53 AM
When it comes down to it, humans only have 'moral value' because we place it on ourselves in the first place. We live in a society that makes a distinction between 'Humans' and 'animals'. Every speicies does it, to some degree, its fairly natural i think. In the long run neither of us really matters.

Exactly. Although since we have assumed we are the proginators of moral systems it then moves onto what we should consider to have what value as an entity. The ability to feel pain is not universally experienced equally.

PETA is a bunch of way over the top fanatics who really dont understand how to change anything for the better. I'm yet to hear of a campaigne that i can agree heads in the right direction.
Not that i think we should be vegitarians, god forbid.

I can think of at least one population dieing from veganism right now.

EuropIan
12th June 09, 08:07 AM
Nothing wrong with treating animals right. They taste better if you do so. and who doesn't wuv their wittle doggie?

But this isn't what this is about.

You are trying to frame the debate in a way that doesn't make sense. Just like PETA.

bob
12th June 09, 08:09 AM
Nothing wrong with treating animals right. They taste better if you do so. and who doesn't wuv their wittle doggie?

But this isn't what this is about.

You are trying to frame the debate in a way that doesn't make sense. Just like PETA.

PETA has the very slight recompense of occasionally having naked women in their propoganda. So how about it Lily?

EuropIan
12th June 09, 08:52 AM
PETA has the very slight recompense of occasionally having naked women in their propoganda. So how about it Lily?
STUDIES SHOW!
VEGETARIANS HAVE BETTER SEX
(WITH VEGTABLES)
GO VEG
GyEyjxrf-A0

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 09:09 AM
Is there ad paper big enough?

Is there a fish-eye lens warped enough?

socratic
12th June 09, 09:32 AM
Studies show that omnivores are smarter, faster, stronger and have greater endurance.

Ajamil
12th June 09, 12:04 PM
I understand that a spectacle can increase demand, increase supply, and theoretically kill more fish, but what exactly does PETA expect even if this goes better than anyone could hope?

What is gained by shutting down a fish market? Are all the salmon going to stop being caught because the fish tossers aren't around anymore? It's a business gimmick, nothing wrong with that. No more than huge outdoor BBQs at fairs - though I would hate to be around either.

Robot Jesus
12th June 09, 01:04 PM
PETA does not have a viable endgame, if they get everything they want the world will be quite fucked up.

they are against dogcatchers for fucks sake, they support the idea of packs of wild dogs roaming the streets of major metropolitan canters.

12th June 09, 03:50 PM
PETA needs a videogame.

HappyOldGuy
12th June 09, 03:56 PM
PETA needs a videogame.

You never played frogger?

12th June 09, 04:01 PM
You never played frogger?
I was thinking something like Hayden Panty-airy's Whale Tail Warriors.

Kiko
12th June 09, 05:24 PM
PETA doesn't condone animals as pets. They think animals shouldn't/can't be 'owned' or some such rubbish.

Some time ago they protested that a town not too far from here called "Fishkill" change its name for their obviously stupid reasons. What they failed to understand is that killing fish has nothing to do with the Dutch word 'kill' which means 'stream' or 'brook'. All they wanted was another few moments in the media's spotlight. Idiots.

Shawarma
12th June 09, 07:20 PM
How niggardly of them.

Toby Christensen
13th June 09, 01:31 AM
PETA doesn't condone animals as pets. They think animals shouldn't/can't be 'owned' or some such rubbish.

Some time ago they protested that a town not too far from here called "Fishkill" change its name for their obviously stupid reasons. What they failed to understand is that killing fish has nothing to do with the Dutch word 'kill' which means 'stream' or 'brook'. All they wanted was another few moments in the media's spotlight. Idiots.

Yes, I've tried to 'dismiss' dogs from service:

"Go!"

(prance, spring cavort, spring, cavort)

"You are FREE!"

(spring cavort gambol cavort spring caper)

"Catch your OWN food! Sleep in one of the hollows in the iron bearing cliffs! REVERT! We absolve you from ALL responsibility. GOODBYE!"

(spring cavort prance follow follow)

"Stupid animal loyalty. So much for the PETA."

syberia
13th June 09, 12:35 PM
Exactly. Although since we have assumed we are the proginators of moral systems it then moves onto what we should consider to have what value as an entity. The ability to feel pain is not universally experienced equally..

I'm going to be honest. I have no idea what you just said.

I can think of at least one population dieing from veganism right now

Is there a worse fate?

Well probably, but its still pretty sucky.

This is stupid. Pets are usually kept for company, for joy and to love. There is nothing wrong with that. Next they'll be telling us to let our kids fend for themselves to, so we aren't overstepping their rights.

HappyOldGuy
13th June 09, 12:38 PM
This is stupid. Pets are usually kept for company, for joy and to love. There is nothing wrong with that. Next they'll be telling us to let our kids fend for themselves to, so we aren't overstepping their rights.

That would assume that they cared as much about children as they do kittens.

syberia
13th June 09, 12:42 PM
That would assume that they cared as much about children as they do kittens.

Ah, true.

Kittens are quiter. And cheaper.

EuropIan
13th June 09, 12:44 PM
Kittens are quiter

Only while they're kittens.

syberia
13th June 09, 12:49 PM
Only while they're kittens.

Once they get noisy they're big enough for a meal.

Duh.

EuropIan
13th June 09, 12:50 PM
*cunnilingus joke*

Sorry.

syberia
13th June 09, 01:00 PM
*cunnilingus joke*

Sorry.

Dont apologise! It was an open invite.

I had to look cunnilingus up before i replied to this though... Damn you.

Steve
13th June 09, 01:45 PM
Wasn't there a thread about this that MJS started.....

EuropIan
13th June 09, 01:49 PM
Dont apologise! It was an open invite.

I had to look cunnilingus up before i replied to this though... Damn you.
Madam, I do not engage in such favors uninvited.

it is considered rude.

syberia
13th June 09, 01:55 PM
Madam, I do not engage in such favors uninvited.

it is considered rude.

Is it?

Oops.

Wasn't there a thread about this that MJS started.....

I stopped paying attention to MJS threads, ultimatly they're all about fashion and weed. Niether i have much interest in.

Toby Christensen
13th June 09, 05:30 PM
I always took you to be well dressed and stylish though syberia.
I wear dull clothes for a reason myself (to display a lack of interest in trivial things).

Weed I agree with you on. I only smoked it when people didn't support my right to go to the doctor for being nuts.

Toby Christensen
13th June 09, 11:39 PM
PETA:

My friends who are scientists use animals. One of them uses them for brain research. The other for anabiosis.

Do you volunteer yourselves? Cos they need a test model.

Also, they are WAY classier. They even make silk shirts look good!

Plus NONE of them have fucked Tommy Lee. Ever.

syberia
14th June 09, 02:59 AM
I always took you to be well dressed and stylish though syberia.
I wear dull clothes for a reason myself (to display a lack of interest in trivial things

Seeing as we've never met, this is creepy. I grew up on a block in rural Vic. I'm about as style minded as a racoon. I wear things that are comfortable, functional or i think are nice. I'm not against fashion or trends, i simply have no mind to keep up with them.

Toby Christensen
14th June 09, 03:02 AM
Well then I agree with you. But disrespect a gentleman's coat and hat and he should punch you shitless.

syberia
14th June 09, 03:17 AM
Well then I agree with you. But disrespect a gentleman's coat and hat and he should punch you shitless.

Thank lord you're no gentleman, hey Toby?

Toby Christensen
14th June 09, 03:43 AM
HA! You clearly haven't been reading "The Magic Pudding ", syberia.

(And I distribute food and drink and help to people cos it makes me feel good. It's on my file).

Virus
14th June 09, 04:02 AM
I can think of at least one population dieing from veganism right now.

Who?

Toby Christensen
14th June 09, 04:14 AM
Who?

People with deficiencies.

14th June 09, 10:34 PM
PETA:

My friends who are scientists use animals. One of them uses them for brain research. The other for anabiosis.

^^^^
Stem Cell.
Toby's Last Hope.

Toby Christensen
15th June 09, 01:09 AM
Quite possibly. But then, what do the PETA propose be used as control models in testing?

I hate vivisection of animals too, but DO THEY HAVE A BETTER IDEA?!

Robot Jesus
15th June 09, 01:24 AM
yes, they don't think about it.

Harpy
15th June 09, 01:37 AM
For all the people who seem to think I can't differentiate between PETA and other animal rights groups (or shelters, charities) etc. you're idiots.

I know a lot of you want to come across as 'cool' and 'tough' and don't want to be seen as having a conscience so just tow the party line and call BS on whatever I say. Go ahead.

I wasn't always vegetarian, I have used a gun, I have hunted and skinned animals. I'm not telling you to not eat meat, not hunt or whatever seems to get some people so scared when animal rights activists speak up.

I just prefer to give some respect to anything that is or was a living thing. If you want your fish toss, so be it. Doesn't mean that a group that wants to protest it can't or shouldn't. You go right ahead and do as you please, ignore PETA.

Toby Christensen
15th June 09, 01:42 AM
yes, they don't think about it.

Well I have a saying "Don't criticise my idea and then give me a worse one".

15th June 09, 10:35 AM
For all the people who seem to think I can't differentiate between PETA and other animal rights groups (or shelters, charities) etc. you're idiots.

I know a lot of you want to come across as 'cool' and 'tough' and don't want to be seen as having a conscience so just tow the party line and call BS on whatever I say. Go ahead.

I wasn't always vegetarian, I have used a gun, I have hunted and skinned animals. I'm not telling you to not eat meat, not hunt or whatever seems to get some people so scared when animal rights activists speak up.

I just prefer to give some respect to anything that is or was a living thing. If you want your fish toss, so be it. Doesn't mean that a group that wants to protest it can't or shouldn't. You go right ahead and do as you please, ignore PETA.

Are there such things as Sociocide Investigation Threads?

JohnnyCache
15th June 09, 12:29 PM

No. Just no. If you are really caught up in some respect issue over guys throwing salmon over the counter at a fish market, you just, plain, fail. Period. If you want to get on the bus at some point that makes sense, like say, before the salmon are caught, if you want to endorse their right to swim upstream and get eaten by bears instead of me, fine, that at least makes some sense, but once you've killed, gutted, and sold something as food, I don't really think tossing it five or ten feet is really a significant contribution to the fish's "loss of dignity"

You're demonstrating the lemony bitchiness of veggy-ism:

"I don't care if YOU eat meat, I'm not AGAINST eating meat, I just happen to personally have more respect for life than that. you know, in other words, I'm more moral than you, but I don't blame you for being to weak to give up the bacon, not everyone is as strong in their principles as me, I don't see how that's sanctimonious at ALL why do meat eaters always want to get INTO this when I tell them I don't eat meat?"

Toby Christensen
17th June 09, 11:01 PM
I eat meat.

I also buy food for the homeless, offer people lollies/biscuits, call the cops on idiots/defend myself and most significantly help earthworms (which are just tubes for enriching dirt) and other such insignificant creatures.

Another thing, I hate wasps (as in the vespian kind, not White Anglo Saxon Protestant, although telling me I AM one will have me tell you to get stuffed).

Do I burn them off at night then stomp them shitless in a crazy dance before leaping on what's left of their nest any MORE?!

No.

Why?

It's CRUEL.

Do I plan on shooting human beings/otherwise "hunting for humans" who piss me off? No. I'm not evil.

Do I support farmed meat? Not on an ethical basis. I would much sooner be caught tracking, knocking off and processing it myself.

Harpy
17th June 09, 11:19 PM
Glad to hear that Toby. You speak sense.

bob
17th June 09, 11:22 PM
I also buy food for the homeless, offer people lollies/biscuits, call the cops on idiots/defend myself and most significantly help earthworms (which are just tubes for enriching dirt) and other such insignificant creatures.

You're that guy that everyone's mum warned them about aren't you.

socratic
18th June 09, 08:38 AM
Who?

There's a lot of people dieing in Africa because they can't get access to rice, let alone meat, and many of those who can get rice get sick, poorly develop and/or die from horrific malnutrition because they can't get meat [and thus a signifcant amount of protein, amongst other things]. If you like I could look up which parts of Africa are hit hardest by famine, and then maybe move on to Asia or something. They started encouraging subsistence farmers to grow peanuts, if memory serves, since meat and animal products were so hard to come by.

18th June 09, 11:48 AM
I shot a pigeon off my roof with a pellet gun this morning.
Fucking disease bearing winged shitrats.

Ajamil
18th June 09, 12:22 PM
Someone once came to Prabhupada and proclaimed very proudly that they were vegetarian. He said, "Yes, so is a pigeon," and ignored them the rest of the time.

18th June 09, 02:26 PM
Was he on my roof this morning because I may have shot him through the eye with my pellet gun.

Toby Christensen
18th June 09, 11:43 PM
Someone once came to Prabhupada and proclaimed very proudly that they were vegetarian. He said, "Yes, so is a pigeon," and ignored them the rest of the time.

Prabhupada was a bit nuts. He meant well (AND made most of the Hare Krishna recipes apparently) but was a bit nuts.

socratic
19th June 09, 07:13 AM
Hare Krishna food is wicked. Who'da thunk a hot banana smoothie would be so delicious yet relaxing?

Ajamil
19th June 09, 02:29 PM
Prabhupada was a bit nuts. He meant well (AND made most of the Hare Krishna recipes apparently) but was a bit nuts.

There are bits of his cultural understanding I don't agree with, but what instance has you thinking he was nuts?

Toby Christensen
19th June 09, 07:59 PM
Just off the top of my head:

His saying that travel to other planets far away will NEVER be possible.
His saying that the ageing process will NEVER be fully understood.
His branding of scientists as "rascals".
His saying that there's life on other planets as we know it without ANY proof whatsoever.

The whacky crap I've heard from some of his followers:

Nobody WROTE the Veda down, it ALWAYS was.
Humanity is millions upon millions of years old (without any proof)
Bad Indian accents.
Everyone can be vegetarian.
We CAN'T eat meat and are herbivores.
My disabilities and bad stuff that happens to people are as a result of being a dickhead in a former life. (VERY treacherous ground).

Harpy
19th June 09, 09:15 PM
Hare Krishna food is wicked. Who'da thunk a hot banana smoothie would be so delicious yet relaxing?

You were meant to ingest it orally, not anally.

/possessed

Cullion
20th June 09, 02:11 PM
You were meant to ingest it orally, not anally.

Is that advice specific to Socratic?

Kiko
20th June 09, 02:16 PM
I don't wanna know how one ingests things anally.

Robot Jesus
20th June 09, 02:16 PM
actually it is possible to ingest some things anally.

alcohol, for example, can enter the bloodstream through the large intestine. Although this bypasses much of the digestive proses leaving a larger portion of the chemical intact. meaning one can become intoxicated or even poisoned by a much smaller amount; making this practise quite dangerous.

Ajamil
20th June 09, 02:32 PM
Just off the top of my head:

His saying that travel to other planets far away will NEVER be possible.
His saying that the ageing process will NEVER be fully understood.
His branding of scientists as "rascals".
His saying that there's life on other planets as we know it without ANY proof whatsoever.

The whacky crap I've heard from some of his followers:

Nobody WROTE the Veda down, it ALWAYS was.
Humanity is millions upon millions of years old (without any proof)
Bad Indian accents.
Everyone can be vegetarian.
We CAN'T eat meat and are herbivores.
My disabilities and bad stuff that happens to people are as a result of being a dickhead in a former life. (VERY treacherous ground).

Fair enough. The gist of most of that is true (true as in he said it or something like it), so no need to nitpick.

Harpy
21st June 09, 06:25 PM
Is that advice specific to Socratic?

Yes.