PDA

View Full Version : I can't believe nobody posted this yet: Granny Tased!

Spade: The Real Snake
10th June 09, 01:39 PM
w8FHxfyxm5g

It is numerous sites, I chose this one:

http://today.msnbc.msn.com/id/31202935/

Essentially, a cop pulls over an old lady for doing 60 in a 45. She refuses to sign the citation, which here in our town, the cop will note "Refused To Sign, Citation Given".

I guess where this officer is, calls for her to be taken in to the station and booked. The woman refuses, gets mouthy and belligerent, tells the cop she is leaving and goes to her vehicle, which is on the shoulder. He shoves her back, she demands he tase her. Finally he does.

LOL

Ajamil
10th June 09, 02:09 PM
Does...does he call out "tasing!" right after he shoots her? That's awesome.

Edit: Sorry, bit insensitive there. This is rather overzealous of the officer, why didn't he just cuff her and put in the back of the patrol car?

FickleFingerOfFate
10th June 09, 03:02 PM
Does...does he call out "tasing!" right after he shoots her? That's awesome.

Edit: Sorry, bit insensitive there. This is rather overzealous of the officer, why didn't he just cuff her and put in the back of the patrol car?

Duh!

She was resisting!

Couldn't you sense the palpable threat she represented?

10th June 09, 03:05 PM
I am really, really surprised she didn't get tased earlier.

FickleFingerOfFate
10th June 09, 03:06 PM

I'm really surprised he didn't call for backup,

and a doughnut.

10th June 09, 03:12 PM
She was being willfully obtuse, thinking her advanced years offered her privilege and security against reprocution.

I hate those people who use their age as an excuse for poor behaviour. Their seems to be a freedom with the very young and the very old to let fly all their inhibitions and act above reproach.

HappyOldGuy
10th June 09, 03:13 PM
Hush yer piehole sonnyboy!

Domite
10th June 09, 03:14 PM
I hate mean old people more than police i think, so I'm not going to feel guilty at laughing at this.

Her screaming is what really does it for me.

10th June 09, 03:23 PM
I loved this part:

The Travis County Constable’s Office alleged that she had been argumentative and profane. She denied the charge, telling a local Fox News reporter, “I was not argumentative. I was not combative. Every bit of this is a lie.”

In response, the constable’s office released the dashboard video of the arrest, which shows Winkfein using vulgar language and daring Bieze to use his Taser.

Nice one, Granny. They gots "talkies" of you.

FickleFingerOfFate
10th June 09, 03:25 PM
What will they think of next?

Fearless Ukemi
10th June 09, 03:27 PM
A little ridiculous to use the tazer on the cop's part.

But.... She would not have been tazed if she had cooperated and she obviously uses her age to defend her illegal actions. I don't feel much more than just a little bit of pity for the old crabby bitch.

FickleFingerOfFate
10th June 09, 03:30 PM
Don't they issue the cops nightsticks any more?

Why, back in my day...

10th June 09, 03:31 PM
What will they think of next?

*insert sterotype rendered obsolete by Civil Rights here*

Fearless Ukemi
10th June 09, 03:50 PM
Actually, after watching this again, I'm glad she got tazed. This is the type of cunt that ruins people's days that have shitty jobs (and usually holds up the line for everyone else behind them).

10th June 09, 04:15 PM
^^
Coupons in hand, demanding Senior Discount.

Wounded Ronin
10th June 09, 10:15 PM
You know what? If I were a cop, I'd use pepper spray if I had it in this situation rather than a taser. I think that pepper spraying an elderly person would be safer for that elderly person than tasing them.

Actually I had a discussion kind of related to this with a friend earlier today. Basically I was going on about how awesome it would be if all cops had masters degrees, and he told me that if that happened there would be less shootings by police, citing alleged situations where cops in LA supposedly shot someone for throwing rocks at them, attacking them with a pencil, and stuff like that. Without bringing up the argument about whether or not those things happened, I told him how if I were a cop in a situation like that, in the interests of maintaining community relations while at the same time not letting challenges to police authority occur with impunity on the street, I'd simply pepper spray the person and arrest him/her, or else attempt to beat the crap out of the person with a baton.

Batons are pretty sweet. They give you reach, you can hit real hard with them, you can choke with them and execute joint locks, and if when you box you like pivoting to the outside and counter-punching to the jaw, well, a baton is just rockstar awesome for that kind of thing. I can't believe that cops don't use their batons more often.

Frank White
10th June 09, 10:42 PM
The officer is an idiot who tazered an old bitch, and I'm a dick for thinking it's funny.

EuropIan
11th June 09, 06:12 AM
"Don't taze me, young man!"

Lebell
11th June 09, 06:31 AM
omg..i read teasing....
i thought it was about GILF's.

anyway, tasing is a bit weird...personally if i were the cop i just kick her in the muffin dragged her into a field make her dig a hole, let her kneel in front of the hole and then shoot her through the neck.

old people have lived their life and when they have outlived their use they should keep very very quiet.

but thats just me.

SFGOON
11th June 09, 07:26 AM
That was actually a completely justified and reasonable use of force. Wristy-twisties could have broken her frail old bones, as would the baton. Pepper spray? She may have panicked and ran out into the road (people do weird shit like that.)

Her screams gave me an erection.

Doritosaurus Chex
11th June 09, 07:58 AM
"Don't tase me, sonny."

EuropIan
11th June 09, 07:59 AM
"don't taze me, whipper-snapper"

Scrapper
11th June 09, 08:14 AM
Taser's are compliance tools. The cop did not have to wrestle with her, which means he did not snap any of her fragile old-lady bones by accident.

Most of the tasing situations you see are people refusing to comply. I hate it as much as anyone, but the law says you comply with an officer's instructions. (If his instructions are unlawful, you can refuse, but he still may tase you and you will have to let the courts sort it out.)

A cop is ENTIRELY within his professional code of conduct if he tases you for failure to comply. That's what the tool is for and it keeps him from having to do it the old-fasahioned way, which is lighting you up with a nightstick or wrestling with you.

Blame our lawsuit-happy society for all the tasings.

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 08:39 AM
That's pure text-book.

You know who I should have tasered?

This little 5'0, 95 pound cunt the other day.

Why?

Because we tried to be "nice" about things, and simply hold onto her.

Problem was, she kept twisting around like Gollum, and I sloppily slapped the cuffs up on her forearms....which she promptly slid down off her wrists and caused even more of a clusterfuck.

Coulda, shoulda, woulda.

Typical know-nothings. This isn't about ippon, it's about getting metal loops around two wrists...properly. That takes one person with both hands free.

Lebell
11th June 09, 08:48 AM
i think citizens should be able to tazer aswell while making citizens arrests.
sir step away from the vehicle...SIR STEP AWAY FR...BUZZZ BUZZZ BUZZZ!!!

awesome.

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 08:51 AM
They can. Tasers are available to civilians.

Most people who make citizens arrests are more like: "Hey...sit the fuck down til the police come."

It usually involves some kid who just tried breaking into their car.

Lebell
11th June 09, 09:05 AM
they are illegal over here, as is pepperspray.
im all in favour of vigilantes and stuff.
the police over here sucks, in my town you're lucky if you see one squadcar in 3 hours.

last week a friend of mine got a gun put to his head while his mate got glassed on the back of his head.
one of his mates called the cops and they said: is the gunman still in there?
he was like: yeah!!
operator: well then its too dangerous to move in right now for us..

he was like: wtf?! im talking to the police right?!

operator: yes, just try to keep him calm okay?

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 09:12 AM
Mate?

Is it currently the breeding season for Dutchmen?

theotherserge
11th June 09, 09:22 AM
I hated that old bitch in Madagasgar 2; glad someone finally shut her up.

Lebell
11th June 09, 10:08 AM
Mate?

Is it currently the breeding season for Dutchmen?

why yes it is.
i just finished my mating dance on my balcony in the nude.
i think the female down the road is interested, she was standing in front of the window pointing and laughing at me.

mrblackmagic
11th June 09, 10:26 AM
Oh, nevermind. We already cover the legal issue that caused more tasing.

FickleFingerOfFate
11th June 09, 10:30 AM
why yes it is.
i just finished my mating dance on my balcony in the nude.
i think the female down the road is interested, she was standing in front of the window pointing and laughing at me.

Best Excuse for a Ballsack Tasing.

EVER!

Phrost
11th June 09, 11:01 AM
She deserved it. The officer was operating well within the limits of his obligations and duties, and she seemed to think the law didn't apply to her.

You see this sense of entitlement from kids these days, but I don't know how someone made it to their 70's with one.

EuropIan
11th June 09, 11:21 AM
You see this sense of entitlement from kids these days, but I don't know how someone made it to their 70's with one.
Wha?

kracker
11th June 09, 11:58 AM
Anyone whose IQ is a positive number knows tasing someone that old is nothing short of attempted murder. That cop should be locked up until he's as old as she is.

Fearless Ukemi
11th June 09, 12:38 PM
Going by your standards, that would make every judge in the country less intelligent than a vegetable.

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 12:38 PM
Then again, Kracker has a valid point...which makes it all the more tragic he doesn't put out a newsletter, as I've suggested multiple times.

Phrost
11th June 09, 01:06 PM
The officer in question was a certified Taser instructor. I'm pretty sure he has a better understanding of the use of the device than you do, Kracker.

Would you rather he wrestled the brittle old lady to the ground?

I don't think any option, other than letting her go scot free, would have been satisfactory for you.

11th June 09, 01:32 PM
The sounds of old, graham cracker-like hips crackling and shatters as they meet asphalt.

kracker
11th June 09, 01:36 PM
The officer in question was a certified Taser instructor. I'm pretty sure he has a better understanding of the use of the device than you do, Kracker.

Would you rather he wrestled the brittle old lady to the ground?

I don't think any option, other than letting her go scot free, would have been satisfactory for you.

I would have preferred he handcuffed her gently. If, for whatever reason that would have been impossible then yes, I would have liked to have seen him show some human decency and compassion, letting her go scot free rather than murder her over a parking ticket. She's like over 80 ffs. Is the 2" hardon that comes from charging a parking ticket over a poor old woman really worth risking her life? Isn't being a cop theoretically supposed to be about defending those who are unable to defend themselves? People like that old woman?

Fearless Ukemi
11th June 09, 01:37 PM
Hey retard, she was doing 20 over the speed limit in a construction zone. Get her off the road!

And stfu.

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 01:39 PM
Best....strawman...ever.

11th June 09, 01:41 PM
I would have preferred he handcuffed her gently. If, for whatever reason that would have been impossible then yes, I would have liked to have seen him show some human decency and compassion, letting her go scot free rather than murder her over a parking ticket. She's like over 80 ffs. Is the 2" hardon that comes from charging a parking ticket over a poor old woman really worth risking her life? Isn't being a cop theoretically supposed to be about defending those who are unable to defend themselves? People like that old woman?

That "poor old woman" cast the dye by her actions. Her old feeble mind and fleeting eyesight makes her a menace behind the wheel. Her attitude caused her to speed unnecessarily, despite her slowed reaction times and Coke-bottle think glasses. Her behaviour towards the officer, for getting a speeding ticket, demonstrated she thinks she is above reproach.

She was cited for speeding and all she needed to do was sign, admitting no guilt, but acknowledging she received the citation. Period. She decided to carry on and she decided to behave in a way which necessitate the actions.

She wasn't tased for speeding, she was tased for resisting arrest and attempting to flee the scene. If she had done neither, none of this would have happened.

FickleFingerOfFate
11th June 09, 02:23 PM
I haven't been following his posting all that long,

is Kracker a gimmick account,

or is he really that epically retarded?

kracker
11th June 09, 02:44 PM
That "poor old woman" cast the dye by her actions. Her old feeble mind and fleeting eyesight makes her a menace behind the wheel. Her attitude caused her to speed unnecessarily, despite her slowed reaction times and Coke-bottle think glasses. Her behaviour towards the officer, for getting a speeding ticket, demonstrated she thinks she is above reproach.

She was cited for speeding and all she needed to do was sign, admitting no guilt, but acknowledging she received the citation. Period. She decided to carry on and she decided to behave in a way which necessitate the actions.

She wasn't tased for speeding, she was tased for resisting arrest and attempting to flee the scene. If she had done neither, none of this would have happened.

I'm sorry but there is no way short of subduing an armed senior shooting up his rest home that someone that old should be tased for ANY reason. She could easily have had a pacemaker or weak heart. She was reckless, she did not deserve to die.

Here, let me try being you for a second:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/19722201/detail.html

Had she not been endangering her health and risking skin cancer from the sun's harmful rays, she would never have gotten run over by a police SUV. She cast the dye by her actions.

11th June 09, 02:48 PM
Start your own thread and quit shitting up this one.
Those two situations aren't the same.
Go Sunbathe In Jacksonville.

EuropIan
11th June 09, 02:53 PM
If she had a pacemaker, hypothetically speaking, would she be in danger?

HappyOldGuy
11th June 09, 03:00 PM

Even without one she is in danger. Tasers have killed. The relevant question is, would she have been in more danger if he had tried to restrain her physically. Old people die because of broken hips all the time.

(and I don't know the answer)

Sun Wukong
11th June 09, 03:03 PM
I don't have any problem with the cop arresting her or much of anything that happened so much, but this does pose a thought to occur to me.

Did the cop actually need to use the taser to get control of the situation? It's not like she could have stopped him from cuffing her without it... just look at the size difference between the two.

It just seems to me that cops are becoming more and more reliant on inflicting pain to get what they want. Most of the time this is probably not such a bad thing, but I think that some situations call for a bit more discretion than simply following the same static rote response every time.

I guess it's possible that she could have hurt herself if she fought with him to avoid being cuffed, but 72 year olds are generally fragile.

I watched a little old woman fall down once and break her leg at about that age without even much of a fall. Surely, that punishment doesn't fit the crime she was committing.

I'm generally an advocate of harsh law enforcement tactics, but I hold some deference to being unnecessarily rough with little old ladies; even loud mouth bitchy little old ladies.

FickleFingerOfFate
11th June 09, 03:07 PM
I haven't been following his posting all that long,

is Kracker a gimmick account,

or is he really that epically retarded?

I'm sorry but there is no way short of subduing an armed senior shooting up his rest home that someone that old should be tased for ANY reason. She could easily have had a pacemaker or weak heart. She was reckless, she did not deserve to die.

Here, let me try being you for a second:

http://www.news4jax.com/news/19722201/detail.html

Had she not been endangering her health and risking skin cancer from the sun's harmful rays, she would never have gotten run over by a police SUV. She cast the dye by her actions.

Never mind, I just figured it out...

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 03:09 PM
Doubters:

This isn't even some l337 thing which only teh p0l3ci can do. Get some handcuffs (http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=RS021) and try it on someone who truly doesn't want to cooperate.

Report back.

Anyone. Seriously.

Shawarma
11th June 09, 03:10 PM
Strong electric current through pacemakers = Not a good idea. Even MRI scans aren't recommend for people with pacemakers.

FickleFingerOfFate
11th June 09, 03:10 PM
All who've cuffed someone by themselves, please say Aye.

This isn't even some l337 thing which only teh p0l3ci can do. Get some cheap novelty handcuffs and try it on someone who truly doesn't want to cooperate.

Report back.

Anyone.

Does playing "kidnap" with the misses count?

11th June 09, 03:11 PM

No, she should have powered-up like Iron Man.

No matter what the cop did, he would have been in the wrong.

He couldn't let her go. He essentially *was* letting her go with a citation, all she need do was make a fucking ink stain on a piece of paper, but she refused. I would be interested in hearing if their Department Regulation calls for book and release procedures for refusal to sign citations, that will be the lynch pin.

He couldn't physically restrain her or pepper spray her, we discussed this. He tried being reasonable, and she wouldn't participate.

Other then his calling for a female officer back-up, if there was one, I can't see that she left him too many options. She committed one misdemeanor, was cited and then committed two felonies. I expect the judge will throw them out after gazing upon her old wrinkled puss, but dammit, I don't think she will do it again.

Sun Wukong
11th June 09, 03:11 PM
All who've cuffed someone by themselves, please say Aye.

This isn't even some l337 thing which only teh p0l3ci can do. Get some cheap novelty handcuffs and try it on someone who truly doesn't want to cooperate.

Report back.

Anyone.

even a tiny 72 year old woman?

I know looks can be deceiving, but how much fight could the old bird give up?

HappyOldGuy
11th June 09, 03:16 PM
Doubters:

This isn't even some l337 thing which only teh p0l3ci can do. Get some handcuffs (http://www.galls.com/style.html?assort=general_catalog&style=RS021) and try it on someone who truly doesn't want to cooperate.

Report back.

Anyone. Seriously.
I'm 100% positive I could get an old lady handcuffed no matter how much she resisted.

It's okay if her arm breaks, right?

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 03:20 PM
You know when someone "turtles" in blow-job-job?

Ok, well, on "teh street" you can't apply a neck restraint, and the P.R. nightmare of taking back-mount and stretching her out would be collosal. Plus, you still need two free hands to get the cuffs on.

You could beat on them with batons til they comply. That hurts.

You could spray them, which is teh sux0rz for 45 minutes.

Or you could zap them for 5 seconds...and most likely get compliance.

Lone cuffing is contingent on cooperation. That's where pain or diplomacy is neccesary.

kracker
11th June 09, 03:21 PM
He couldn't let her go.

Why the fuck not? Would his penis have gotten smaller if he hadn't made the bust or something?

FickleFingerOfFate
11th June 09, 03:23 PM
Hit her a couple of times over the head with the baton.

Handcuff her unconscious ass.

Tell her she fell while trying to bite/kick/stab you.

Book her for felony assault w/ intent.

???

Profit!

Fearless Ukemi
11th June 09, 03:27 PM
I'm no cop, but couldn't spraying her potentially cause her to run out into traffic or something?

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 03:29 PM
Why the fuck not? Would his penis have gotten smaller if he hadn't made the bust or something?

That's kind of a slap in the face to the courteous and respectful people who cooperate with our generally fair and impartial system.

Let only the assholes go. Can't risk a fight. Ok.

Sun Wukong
11th June 09, 03:39 PM
letting her go doesn't seem like a prudent option to me. the law is the law.

She can't just have things her way because she decided to be combative.

I think what he did should be perfectly legal, I just think it shouldn't have been the first resort.

In the end, it worked out. no real harm, no foul. this cop shouldn't be scapegoated for this. that is a pretty big mistake.

11th June 09, 03:47 PM
Would her making a fucking ink stain on a piece of paper dried and shriveled up her old fruitless barren womb anymoremaking it more old, dried, shriveled, fruitless and barren then if she hadn't taken pen in hand and scrawled her primordial chickenscratching she considers a signature on a piece of paper?

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 03:47 PM
#1. Sign the ticket (she doesnt)
#2. Tells her the alternative (arrest)
#3. Tells her alternative to resisting (tasing...she dares him)
#4. She tries to walk away, he blocks her.
#5. Instructs her to put her hands behind her back twice (she doesn't)
#6. Physically attempts to affect arrest
#7. She pulls away, and he tells her again the consquences of continued resistance
#8. Tases her.

Not first resort at all.

EuropIan
11th June 09, 03:50 PM
Doubters:

Report back.

Anyone. Seriously.
You're telling me to go ra3p someone, aren't you?

Quikfeet509
11th June 09, 03:51 PM
Old bird was probably walking around in a shockable dysrhythmia anyway.

BTW, old people + broken hip = low one-year survival

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 03:56 PM
You're telling me to go ra3p someone, aren't you?

That doesn't happen in Dänemark.

Sun Wukong
11th June 09, 04:17 PM
#1. Sign the ticket (she doesnt)
#2. Tells her the alternative (arrest)
#3. Tells her alternative to resisting (tasing...she dares him)
#4. She tries to walk away, he blocks her.
#5. Instructs her to put her hands behind her back twice (she doesn't)
#6. Physically attempts to affect arrest
#7. She pulls away, and he tells her again the consquences of continued resistance
#8. Tases her.

Not first resort at all.

Oh, I couldn't hear the audio... well, I guess she had that coming then.

Shawarma
11th June 09, 04:29 PM
She totally had it coming and I approve of police officers taking absolutely no risks in dealing with beligerent suspects.

But seriously, you can't pacify a geriatric lady with your bare hands without harming her? You need to get your ass to the gym, boy.

Wounded Ronin
11th June 09, 07:38 PM

Reckless driving can kill. Fire phasers!

kracker
11th June 09, 07:40 PM
That's kind of a slap in the face to the courteous and respectful people who cooperate with our generally fair and impartial system.

Let only the assholes go. Can't risk a fight. Ok.

I'm not saying anyone belligerent. But someone who is old as fuck and can not be apprehended without causing her serious harm. Seems to me like the cost benefit of executing the ticket vs letting her go doesnt add up.

FickleFingerOfFate
11th June 09, 08:42 PM
I'm not saying anyone belligerent. But someone who is old as fuck and can not be apprehended without causing her serious harm. Seems to me like the cost benefit of executing the ticket vs letting her go doesnt add up.

You're right,

kill her like a rabid dog, and save some oxygen for more bleeding heart whack jobs like you.

:mad:

Antifa
11th June 09, 08:42 PM
I dont like tasers in general. As a point, no person should be allowed to push a button and have electricity flow into another persons body. We've known since 1963 (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Milgram_experiment) that this is bad idea and that a disproportionate number of people cant handle it.

So yes, I agree that the cop should have restrained her with his bare hands. Yes I believe you can do this effectively to an old woman without turning them into a sack of soggy cherios.

Yes, that old lady is mean, and yes mean old ladies piss everyone off, including other mean old ladies.

However, cops seem to approach every situation with "how much force am I allowed to use?" as opposed to "how can I get done with this and cause as little suffering to everyone including myself as possible"

What if he had tased her and she died. How would he have FELT? What if you were him and that happened? How would you FEEL?

There she is dead on the ground because you:

1) lost your temper?
---or---
2) Didnt want to break her wrist?
---or---
3) Finally found a way to temporarily cure your bad case of ED?

At what point does the lack of safety to yourself and the public at large that my be caused by a reaction to your actions weigh into the interal discussion?

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 09:00 PM
Every time there is any sort of force use, we have to fill out these special forms which goes to the chief. Basically anything beyond the arrestee cooperating and turning themselves around to be cuffed is worthy of note to the man.

Our record holder last year raked in a whole 5. Dept tasings total...no more than 3.

Out of 30,000 citizen contacts....that goes to show how amp-happy we really are.

Just because 300,000,000 people all see the same few tasings, doesn't mean they happen all that often.

And why is this discussion continuing on the basis on her death?

Antifa,

Same challenge applies to you. Buy some cuffs, show us how it's done. Do it quickly and cleanly so as to make it look safe and profesional to passer-bys.

Antifa
11th June 09, 09:15 PM
Antifa,

Same challenge applies to you. Buy some cuffs, show us how it's done. Do it quickly and cleanly so as to make it look safe and profesional to passer-bys.

Hey you guys practice all the time, and truthfully, some of you are not half bad at it. Some.... real bunglers...

And for the record I'm not bad at cuffing people, you do realize we practice on each other right so we can drill escapes right? I see your point but its not my JOB to awesomely cuff people without fucking them up. The public didnt ENTRUST me with that respondsibility.

It's your JOB.

I just concentrate on making sure that the things I build are structurally sound. Because I would FEEL awful if I was lazy and left a nail out of a joist hanger and then later the joist fell and hit somebody. I'd feel worse if I did it because I was having a crappy day.

I dont look at a deck and say "How little effort can I put into this? Nobody will ever know" Because I will ALWAYS know. I think "How can I make this thing last forever?"

Same deal buddy... Same deal

Phrost
11th June 09, 09:17 PM
The officer did not have the option to "let her go". Where in the fucking universe do you get the idea that he would?

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 09:23 PM
Anti,

There's only so many things a human body can do.

One person cuffing another has some practical problems which apply to every human.

That officer was apparently a bungler. You probably practice more than him.

I'd love to see a smooth, public-friendly cuffing..... if you'd be so kind.

You don't even have to buy the damn cuffs, which is what I'd figure someone's primary hang-up would be.

downinit
11th June 09, 10:17 PM

Theoretically speaking, you have a point. The problem however, for this officer and for any officer, is they generally lack the privilege of operating within such a broad analytical scope. They're put in place to apply the law and they normally have neither the time nor the mandate to consider what that law ought to be.

downinit
11th June 09, 10:20 PM
Damn. Why the hell did I think that was the last page? These things unravel way too quickly.

kracker
11th June 09, 10:31 PM
The officer did not have the option to "let her go". Where in the fucking universe do you get the idea that he would?

What happened to looking the other way? If I was a cop I'd do it all the time. There have to be at least SOME cops who are decent enough to do this occasionally, especially in a situation like that.

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 10:46 PM
?

The discretion starts at the level of stopping the car in the first place.

The enforcement action has already been completed here. She was obstructing the process.

SFGOON
11th June 09, 10:48 PM
Position 1 or 5.

I would have neck-plumbed that old cunt and tossed her into the weeds headfirst, following her to the ground with my knees. Outside knee on her head and neck, inside knee jammed in her armpit.

Then, I would have scooped up her arm with my outside forearm and grabbed her index and middle fingers, clearing the cuffing channel be bending them backwards towards her saggy ass.

With my outside hand, I would pull out the cuffs and put them on her bent wrist with my pinky side. Then, I grab the cuff chain, release her fingers, and clear the small of her back for firearms.

"PUT YOUR HAND HERE!!" I would yell.

When she did, I would pull the cuffed chain over to her other hand, grab it just under the knuckles, and force her hands together.

Make sure the cuffs are appropriately tight, double lock them, turn her on her side, clear her for weapons on the front. Sit her up, push her to her feet by her head, then toss her in the back of my cruiser.

She would no doubt have many of her dusty old bones broken by this encounter.

I could OC her and watch her run off into traffic, screaming. Maybe she'll get hit by a car, maybe not.

Of course, I could have whipped out the trusty old MP .40 and blown the sass and hate right out of her. This did happen in Texas, after all.

Or, I could just taze her. I've been tazed. It's not that bad. Any use of force is dangerous - compared with the alternatives the risk of death with a tazer is greatly reduced.

Everything you guys suggested is not an effective alternative. It would have protracted the fight, further endangering her.

You guys just don't know what you're talking about.

Yiktin Voxbane
11th June 09, 11:21 PM
Dear America ,

WTF ?

Yours Enquiringly
Yik .

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 11:37 PM
It's easier to cuff anyone with one or more of my fully sick boys to help out.

Yiktin Voxbane
11th June 09, 11:51 PM
ROFL ;)

Kein Haar
11th June 09, 11:56 PM
a/s/l??

TheLordHumungus
12th June 09, 01:42 AM
Position 1 or 5.

I would have neck-plumbed that old cunt and tossed her into the weeds headfirst, following her to the ground with my knees. Outside knee on her head and neck, inside knee jammed in her armpit.

Then, I would have scooped up her arm with my outside forearm and grabbed her index and middle fingers, clearing the cuffing channel be bending them backwards towards her saggy ass.

With my outside hand, I would pull out the cuffs and put them on her bent wrist with my pinky side. Then, I grab the cuff chain, release her fingers, and clear the small of her back for firearms.

"PUT YOUR HAND HERE!!" I would yell.

When she did, I would pull the cuffed chain over to her other hand, grab it just under the knuckles, and force her hands together.

Make sure the cuffs are appropriately tight, double lock them, turn her on her side, clear her for weapons on the front. Sit her up, push her to her feet by her head, then toss her in the back of my cruiser.

She would no doubt have many of her dusty old bones broken by this encounter.

I could OC her and watch her run off into traffic, screaming. Maybe she'll get hit by a car, maybe not.

Of course, I could have whipped out the trusty old MP .40 and blown the sass and hate right out of her. This did happen in Texas, after all.

Or, I could just taze her. I've been tazed. It's not that bad. Any use of force is dangerous - compared with the alternatives the risk of death with a tazer is greatly reduced.

Everything you guys suggested is not an effective alternative. It would have protracted the fight, further endangering her.

You guys just don't know what you're talking about.

Goddamn right. Don't any of you pussies know the proper way to brutalize an old woman?

Quikfeet509
12th June 09, 05:12 AM
The whole "the cops should have done this and it is their fault" reminds me of the logic of blaming the family practice physician when a morbidly obese inactive smoker eventually has a heart attack.

"But they are the professional. They should have done something!!!"

In the end, the old lady had a choice to do what she was supposed to but didn't.

Lebell
12th June 09, 05:18 AM
Look, the guy was a cop.
In our societies we are supposed to follow their instructions wether we like those or not.
The law gave them the monopoly on using force so order can be maintained.

The cop arrested her, she could and should have co-operated, after all she could have gone to a judge to see who was right about that situation, instead she chose to be a cunt about it.

The cop did what he was obliged to do, the woman left him with no other choice.
The only thing i could think of the cop could do differently is taking her id, note her registration number and later on the day sort her out at her home.

But it would have undermined his authority.

There must be order.
If people chose to resist that order then they chose to suffer the consequences.

Anyone who disagrees with this is a dirty hippy.

Phrost
12th June 09, 06:54 AM
What happened to looking the other way? If I was a cop I'd do it all the time. There have to be at least SOME cops who are decent enough to do this occasionally, especially in a situation like that.

If you were a cop?

How could you even say this? You have no idea what constraints are put on officers. You might be able to do something like that once. But then you'd get reprimanded and be patrolling the mall on your Segway with Paul Blart in a fucking hurry.

There has been a dramatic increase in deaths across the country in work zones, from assholes like this speeding through them. Did you consider that this guy might not get a choice whether to even pull over the combative grandma in the first place?

And I don't think his superior would take too kindly to reviewing the dash cam footage of the encounter and seeing him chose to let a woman go who was under arrest the minute she refused to sign the ticket.

Do you honestly not realize that if you're in an authority position, being wishy-washy about enforcing the law puts you and others who do your job at a significantly greater risk?

Christ, you live in a goddamn fantasy world. Why don't you take a bath, put away the reefer, and actually try out being a police officer? If you sincerely care about this issue, then you'll not only get a first-hand understanding of it from which to state your case, but you might be able to do some good from the inside.

Or you can just bitch about shit on the Internet like a clucking hen.

SFGOON
12th June 09, 07:46 AM
Goddamn right. Don't any of you pussies know the proper way to brutalize an old woman?

What is best in life? To crush old ladies. To see them driven before you. To see them fall at your feet, to impound their cars and inventory their valuables, to hear the lamentations of their grandchildren. That is the best thing in life.

Neildo
12th June 09, 08:08 AM
i say taze em all and let electricity sort em out

kracker
12th June 09, 08:11 AM
Look, the guy was a cop.
In our societies we are supposed to follow their instructions wether we like those or not.
The law gave them the monopoly on using force so order can be maintained.

The cop arrested her, she could and should have co-operated, after all she could have gone to a judge to see who was right about that situation, instead she chose to be a cunt about it.

The cop did what he was obliged to do, the woman left him with no other choice.
The only thing i could think of the cop could do differently is taking her id, note her registration number and later on the day sort her out at her home.

But it would have undermined his authority.

There must be order.
If people chose to resist that order then they chose to suffer the consequences.

Anyone who disagrees with this is a dirty hippy.

The thing about that statement is that is completely justifies the Holocaust, the Soviet Union, the Armenian genocide etc. Dem Jews shoulda just respected the authoritah and got into the ovens. Order must be maintained.

Neildo
12th June 09, 08:16 AM
i agree. get in the oven.

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 08:53 AM
Why don't you take a bath, put away the reefer, and actually try out being a police officer?

One doesn't even have to mean it. (http://www.amazon.com/Newjack-Guarding-Sing-Ted-Conover/dp/0375726624/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1244814706&sr=8-1)

That's seriously one of the coolest undercover journalism books I've ever read. Highly reccomend.

Doritosaurus Chex
12th June 09, 09:51 AM
The thing about that statement is that is completely justifies the Holocaust, the Soviet Union, the Armenian genocide etc. Dem Jews shoulda just respected the authoritah and got into the ovens. Order must be maintained.

http://i4.photobucket.com/albums/y147/exitjmouse/GodwinsLaw_CatPoster.jpg

jnp
12th June 09, 09:54 AM
You can try to impose your beliefs on reality all day.

That still won't change reality.

Thanks for posting that though. I thought everyone was exaggerating when they talked about how shortsighted and stupid you are. It turns out they weren't.

I saw this thread when it was first posted. It didn't interest me then. The only reason I'm posting now is because this crap went down in my back yard. The local news reported that the DA is looking into the case.

This thread is full of two things, opinions and assholes. Might as well throw mine in the ring.

That woman was not smart enough to recognize the danger of resisting arrest. If she thought her age would protect her from reprisal from the officer, then she deserved what she got.

Stay at home if you can't function within society's nominal rules. That or do everyone a favor and die.

12th June 09, 10:26 AM
Lebell was seriously hoping you were going to throw your asshole in the ring, not your opinion.

kracker
12th June 09, 10:33 AM
History has proven time and time again that when keeping order is put as a priority before human rights mass murder of the innocent is never far behind. I don't even NEED to Godwin myself, there are plenty of other examples with Kent State, Tienneman Square, the US civil rights movement, Rwanda, North Korea, Islamofacist dictatorships, Pol Pot etc. All of these are examples of what happens when cops get out of control. Why is that so hard for people to understand and accept?

12th June 09, 10:37 AM
History has proven time and time again that when keeping order is put as a priority before human rights mass murder of the innocent is never far behind. I don't even NEED to Godwin myself, there are plenty of other examples with Kent State, Tienneman Square, the US civil rights movement, Rwanda, North Korea, Islamofacist dictatorships, Pol Pot etc. All of these are examples of what happens when cops get out of control. Why is that so hard for people to understand and accept?
If we truly must put the needs of the many before the needs of the few, then the cops did the right thing.

If this lady were speeding through a construction zone, as she was, and she injured or killed a construction worker, what then? Put her needs as an old woman first and allow her to go free, as you argued before? At what point is law no longer law but a series of suggestions or advice?

The cops DID put the needs of society first: she displayed that she had no respect for laws and those who are charged with enforcing them, leading society to believe that she would not respect them.

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 10:40 AM
I like the Kent State example.

A few national guard kids momentarily freak out....

...then the starvation of millions in Cambodia due to state enforced rice quotas.

Fair contrast.

Scrapper
12th June 09, 10:48 AM

...then the starvation of millions in Cambodia due to state enforced rice quotas.

Fair contrast.

It's the butterfly effect man...it's all holistic dude. Don't you SEE the connections? It's like fireflies mating bro...it all comes together and...what was I talking about?

I'm starving man...pass the Doritos...

kracker
12th June 09, 10:49 AM
They are connected in so far as it involved murdering innocents to protect a perceived "order." Obviously the scale is smaller.

12th June 09, 10:56 AM
They are connected in so far as it involved murdering innocents to protect a perceived "order." Obviously the scale is smaller.

Do you live in an aluminum trailer under high-tension power lines?

HappyOldGuy
12th June 09, 10:58 AM
History records again and again how nature points out the folly of man.

http://www.tcnj.edu/%7Ereuther2/godzilla.jpg

Doritosaurus Chex
12th June 09, 10:59 AM
http://ryanensminger.com/gallery/d/3187-1/whargarbl.jpg

Fearless Ukemi
12th June 09, 11:03 AM

I was a bad kid and have had many run ins with the police. They DO look the other way once in a while, but they will never look the other way when you act the way she was.

Ajamil
12th June 09, 11:10 AM
If she thought her age would protect her from reprisal from the officer, then she deserved what she got.

[Seinfeld's uncle]I'm an old man!! I'm confused!![/Seinfeld's uncle]

FickleFingerOfFate
12th June 09, 11:11 AM

Did you ever step on a bug as a child?

You murderouus tool of the Genocidal stormtroopers!

First it's ants, next orphanages!

You must be stopped!!!

Can't you all see the connection?!?

Pass me the doob, Snake.....

12th June 09, 11:12 AM
History records again and again how nature points out the folly of man.

http://www.tcnj.edu/%7Ereuther2/godzilla.jpg

^
I approve of this message and demand every municipality Law Enforcement Office be issued a regulation one immediately.

12th June 09, 11:13 AM
Did you ever step on a bug as a child?

You murderouus tool of the Genocidal stormtroopers!

First it's ants, next orphanages!

You must be stopped!!!

Can't you all see the connection?!?

Pass me the doob, Snake.....

I am still trying to figure out if he was kicked in the head trying to milk a mule.

FickleFingerOfFate
12th June 09, 11:14 AM
^
I approve of this message and demand every municipality Law Enforcement Office be issued a regulation one immediately.

Your Thunder-Lizard is trampling my rights, Dude.

And my car,

And my apartment,

And my momz.....

TheLordHumungus
12th June 09, 11:26 AM
If you were a cop?

How could you even say this? You have no idea what constraints are put on officers. You might be able to do something like that once. But then you'd get reprimanded and be patrolling the mall on your Segway with Paul Blart in a fucking hurry.

There has been a dramatic increase in deaths across the country in work zones, from assholes like this speeding through them. Did you consider that this guy might not get a choice whether to even pull over the combative grandma in the first place?

And I don't think his superior would take too kindly to reviewing the dash cam footage of the encounter and seeing him chose to let a woman go who was under arrest the minute she refused to sign the ticket.

Do you honestly not realize that if you're in an authority position, being wishy-washy about enforcing the law puts you and others who do your job at a significantly greater risk?

Christ, you live in a goddamn fantasy world. Why don't you take a bath, put away the reefer, and actually try out being a police officer? If you sincerely care about this issue, then you'll not only get a first-hand understanding of it from which to state your case, but you might be able to do some good from the inside.

Or you can just bitch about shit on the Internet like a clucking hen.

How can you not love libertarians? Who else could rally for less state interference in their lives while still wholeheartedly supporting those who carry out violence for the state.

TheLordHumungus
12th June 09, 11:28 AM
What is best in life? To crush old ladies. To see them driven before you. To see them fall at your feet, to impound their cars and inventory their valuables, to hear the lamentations of their grandchildren. That is the best thing in life.

Heh. If I didn't have to pass some rep around first...

Quikfeet509
12th June 09, 04:23 PM

Fair contrast.

It's funny how that works.

Unless you are Cambodian.

Phrost
12th June 09, 04:43 PM
How can you not love libertarians? Who else could rally for less state interference in their lives while still wholeheartedly supporting those who carry out violence for the state.

The implication here is that libertarians are against the Rule of Law.

And it's a retarded one.

Antifa
12th June 09, 06:03 PM
Anti,

There's only so many things a human body can do.

One person cuffing another has some practical problems which apply to every human.

That officer was apparently a bungler. You probably practice more than him.

I'd love to see a smooth, public-friendly cuffing..... if you'd be so kind.

You don't even have to buy the damn cuffs, which is what I'd figure someone's primary hang-up would be.

I dont do smooth public friendly cuffings. We practice cuffing defense and other "unarresting" techniques that are specific to what we encounter and expect, which is different than what the general public might expect. We also assume a two-officer takedown.

When we were last practicing it we were using the Texas DPS standard standing armlock takedown followed by knee on back and then wrist pain compliance for the other hand.

If your state or department has other training standards thats just tough luck on me. Please keep in mind I have to learn this stuff from a few people who know it or reverse engineer it to take it apart.

However, if you are telling me that I have more practice then the bungling officer in question this points out the exact systemic problem.

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 07:57 PM
tl;dr

Just show how easy it is to cuff a single person.

I'm not singling you out, it's an open offer to anyone who sez: "H3 shud have just cuffed teh 0ld w0man0rz!"

Well? By all means.

It's not magic. It's not fine motor skills. It's getting someone's hands behind them and putting on metal loopy dealies.

Go find someone's 13 year old brother and give a whirl.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:00 PM
bibbida bobbida....blah blah blah

Just show how easy it is to cuff a single person.

I'm not singling you out, it's an open offer to anyone who sez: "H3 shud have just cuffed teh 0ld w0man0rz!"

Well? By all means.

I'll see what I can do over the next couple of days.

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 08:03 PM
Remember, it's gotta keep the motoring public from rubber-necking.

Smooth and professional against someone who is unrepentent in their clenching and pulling away.

No pain compliance whatsoever. No knees on necks etc.

That's all thuggish B.S.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:06 PM
Remember, it's gotta keep the motoring public from rubber-necking.

Smooth and professional against someone who is unrepentent in their clenching and pulling away.

No pain compliance whatsoever. No knees on necks etc.

That's all thuggish B.S.

Knee on back?

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 08:28 PM
Whatever would be considered fair and accomodating to an old woman...according to, say, Kracker.

In other words, he/she can do whatever...and you gotta be nice. But you do have to put handcuffs on this person alone.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 08:36 PM
tl;dr

Go find someone's 13 year old brother and give a whirl.

I think you're giving the old broad too much credit. at 72 she's not going to put up anywhere near the fight a 13 year old boy is.

Antifa
12th June 09, 08:40 PM
Whatever would be considered fair and accomodating to an old woman...according to, say, Kracker.

In other words, he/she can do whatever...and you gotta be nice. But you do have to put handcuffs on this person alone.

Let me get this straight just so we both agree.

I have to cuff a resisting female opponent with no combat skills with a mass under 110lbs without using pain compliance holds to get the second hand. I have to do so without knee on neck.

So the rest of the rules are up to Kracker.

Kracker:

Can I put my knee on the small of her back? Can I knock her down with a standing arm lock? Can I put my knee on her arm?

to add my two rule to this, I'm going to be wearing a mask, because this is me on the internet, and I'm going to do this to a former gymnast who doesnt much like me if she'll agree. If not I'll find another skinny girl.

I actually dont know if I can do this without the wrist lock, but I'll try.

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 09:05 PM
I think you're giving the old broad too much credit. at 72 she's not going to put up anywhere near the fight a 13 year old boy is.

Are you one of those people who skipped bullshido entirely and came straight here?

Antifa
12th June 09, 09:06 PM
No.

He does Judo

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 09:06 PM
Hey! You don't have to actually ask Kracker.

He's just a figurehead of my point...anything short of diplomacy will be considered uncouth and....probably genocidal.

This is full of fail from the start, you realize.

Good luck.

Antifa
12th June 09, 09:10 PM
Hey! You don't have to actually ask Kracker.

He's just a figurehead of my point...anything short of diplomacy will be considered uncouth and....probably genocidal.

This is full of fail from the start, you realize.

Good luck.

Probably... but lets play by the rules and give it a shot anyway. This is probably going to end with the girl in question saying "wait... you want to do what?... go fuck yourself" and then me trying to cast about for another suitble dance partner...

But I'll try.

If I dont have to ask Kracker, and you know pretty well what I'm going to do, then you tell me..

knee on back yes or no?
Knee on arm yes or no?
Standing armlock for the takedown yes or no?

Kein Haar
12th June 09, 09:19 PM
Ok. Forget the specific rules.

It has to start out as if things are supposed to go as planned.

"Madam, I am telling you that you are under arrest." That's USUALLY a good thing to do with people who're n00bs to handcuffs. They usually freak out if things start happening and they don't exactly know why. But for those who're inclined to resist no matter what, that just tells them:

Start bracing yourself to resist what you know is probably going to be a gradual escalation of force based on the fact that you know that I know you're an old woman and we both know I'm fucked to some degree if I injure you....being an upstanding citizen and everything.

Of course, if you want to do some sort of surprise-attack shock-and-awe arm-bar takedown...as if THAT would look appropriate on the street for a misdemeanor arrest of an old lady....go ahead.

Point is to satiate a figure-head Kracker...or yourself. If we're being honest here.

Sun Wukong
12th June 09, 09:23 PM
there really isn't any good way to handle this situation. it's always gonna look bad.

Antifa
12th June 09, 09:40 PM
Of course, if you want to do some sort of surprise-attack shock-and-awe arm-bar takedown...as if THAT would look appropriate on the street for a misdemeanor arrest of an old lady....go ahead.

sadly I can only do the shock and awe takedown. all I train for because its all I get.

SFGOON
12th June 09, 10:50 PM
Make one up. And seriously, if you get something that works consistently and well, please do share.

EuropIan
13th June 09, 02:51 PM
Start bracing yourself to resist what you know is probably going to be a gradual escalation of force based on the fact that you know that I know you're a black and we both know I'm fucked to some degree if I injure you....being an upstanding citizen and everything.

Use this, every time.

Lebell
16th June 09, 06:43 AM
just kick the old lady in the snatch, its not like she's going to be pregnant in this lifetime anymore.

TheLordHumungus
16th June 09, 11:32 PM
Alright, now your messing with the GMILFS. That sir, I will not tolerate!

En garde.

Lebell
17th June 09, 05:41 AM
i should warn you, i took the quiz and im the colonel brandon or something.
i outrank you, boy.

TheLordHumungus
17th June 09, 11:55 AM
Look at the avatar, does he look like a military man to you? Your rank means nothing here.

You go after my GMILFS and I will lay you out, sir.