PDA

View Full Version : Futurama Renewed.

Aaranar
9th June 09, 06:30 PM
New Futurama episodes are in our future

Have you grown tired of bad TV news? And by bad TV news, I mean bad news about television shows. Bad "TV news" is redundant.

Well, get ready for some good news. No wait, get ready for some great news. No, great doesn't really describe it. Here is some grantasticularly wondergasmiclicious news! (And my 12th grade English teacher said I'd never amount to anything as a writer.)

Comedy Central has ordered all brand new episodes of Futurama, and the show has officially gone back into production.

An insider told Collider.com that the network has given the series an order for 13 additional episodes to air now that the network has run through all of the series' original episodes and the four full-length DVD movies. This news has sparked rumors that production has officially started again on the series and casting is underway.

It's not just good news for Futurama fans, even though the fans are slipping into grinning comas and twitching with joy over the news. And who can blame them? It's one of the few comedy series that just seems to get better and better the longer its run gets. It's the bizarro According to Jim.

It's also good news to every show that has been cancelled before its time. Matt Groening, David X. Cohen and company have proved that no show can truly die just because a single-minded network doesn't have the patience to let it develop and expand. Their dedication to the show and its fans is truly astounding, and if new episodes do make it to Comedy Central's doorstep, disappointed fanboys across the universe will have one less thing in life to be disappointed about.

Source : http://www.tvsquad.com/2009/06/08/benders-back-baby-new-futurama-episodes-are-in-our-future/

The movies weren't bad. Strange they were made the way they were when Comedy Central just shows them all back to back anyway.

RickTheCritic
9th June 09, 06:36 PM
Cool. The movies were bad ,they tried to follow family guy's randomness because it was popular but ended up failing.

FickleFingerOfFate
9th June 09, 07:37 PM
Cool. The movies were bad ,they tried to follow family guy's randomness because it was popular but ended up failing.

Nope,

The movies were great, your opinion sucks, Meatsack.

[/Bender]

G-Off
9th June 09, 09:08 PM
You are legally required to start topics on this event with

"Good news, everyone!"

http://i109.photobucket.com/albums/n80/jaques_01/6cartoon6/professor.gif

And yes, the movies were quite good.

theotherserge
9th June 09, 10:00 PM
Good news everyone!

I love me some Futurama. I sure hope it's all true!

Could never get into Family Guy, I'm like the asshole who watches one episode of "The Sopranos" and says "WTF?"

bob
9th June 09, 10:24 PM
Good news everybody!

That's all really. It's good news for everybody. Who matters.

elipson
9th June 09, 11:24 PM
[the professor]
That's the stupidest thing I've ever heard
[/the professor]

Seriously though, they didn't try to copy family guy. That's retarded.

Harpy
9th June 09, 11:37 PM
Good news, I enjoyed Futurama any time I caught it on TV. Bender and Leela are awesome however I can't stand Dr. Zoidberg.

I agree that Family Guy is retarded, I've seen 5 minutes of it and cannot understand the appeal it has.

G-Off
9th June 09, 11:46 PM
Shut up, Zoidberg is hilarious. Jewyness + 3 stooges references = win.

gaNmpiXsDnQ

Steve
10th June 09, 12:14 AM
Family Guy is kinda hit or miss but it's still ten times better than any of the new Simpsons.

Also, I am happy to hear Furturama is back.

elipson
10th June 09, 01:17 AM
Family Guy's problem is they do jokes until they REALLY aren't funny anymore. Like they just become stupid.

socratic
10th June 09, 01:22 AM
Good news, I enjoyed Futurama any time I caught it on TV. Bender and Leela are awesome however I can't stand Dr. Zoidberg.

Everything and everyone is great in Futurama.

ALL HAIL THE HYPNOTOAD

I agree that Family Guy is retarded, I've seen 5 minutes of it and cannot understand the appeal it has.

You must have been dropped on your head, like, twice as a kid.

Harpy
10th June 09, 01:30 AM
Everything and everyone is great in Futurama.

This hints strongly at retardation in early adolescence.

Also, I haven't forgotten the fact that you called me a 'biatch' on the Graffitti thread.

You must have been dropped on your head, like, twice as a kid.

/Bender/ Bite my shiny metal ass /bender

Steve
10th June 09, 01:36 AM
/Bender/ Bite my shiny metal ass /bender

You're doing it wrong. (http://www.ienhance.com/procedure/description.asp?ProcID=152&bodyid=5&specialtyid=1)

But I can understand why you would try.

Harpy
10th June 09, 01:44 AM
DAmmit, I clicked on the link and saw something about 'buttock implants' and closed it straight away!

Steve
10th June 09, 01:55 AM
You saw exactly what I wanted you to see. I hope you kept your receipt for your iron bum.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
10th June 09, 02:11 AM
yeah, the last thing lily needs is an even larger ass

Shawarma
10th June 09, 08:40 AM
Family guy is indeed hit and miss and they do carry on jokes for way too long. The hits FG does have are almost always out of the park, though, so it's a really enjoyable show, IMO. I rate the Osama Bin Laden blooper real sketch among one of the funniest things I've seen in a cartoon.

South Park has sucked fat cock since around the time its movie came out. I found it deeply hilarious that they threw a gay little hissy-fit when Family Guy beat them in ratings and made a "Family Guy Sucks" episode. They really don't have any material anymore.

JohnnyCache
10th June 09, 10:46 AM
If I took a bad gleemonex and ended up in a roritori comitorium I think I would either be reliving this moment or the first time a girl took her bra off in my lap

either way the golden mcguffin glow from pulp fiction would be involved.

FickleFingerOfFate
10th June 09, 10:57 AM
If I took a bad gleemonex and ended up in a roritori comitorium I think I would either be reliving this moment or the first time a girl took her bra off in my lap

either way the golden mcguffin glow from pulp fiction would be involved.

You had fun last weekend,

we get it.

Zendetta
10th June 09, 11:41 AM
Hallelujah!

Hallelujah!

Hallelujah!

Phrost
10th June 09, 03:40 PM
Awesome. Futurama is a great show.

Zendetta
10th June 09, 04:36 PM
The Episode where Bender meets God is one of the best things I've ever seen on TV.

G-Off
10th June 09, 10:14 PM
John DiMaggio's Bender voice is a priceless jewel of audio.

f3dkC68C0Xk

RickTheCritic
11th June 09, 06:51 PM
Family Guy went bad when Stewie went from Evil mastermind to that cross dressing fag, in all the ways to expand the character they choose that?

Please don't make this thread about family Guy ( yeah I know I started it)

About the whole Futurama= Family guy thing allow me to elaborate. Maybe I need to rewatch some of the movies but I found them pretty bad. When I said randomness I didn't mean obscure pop culture references I meant flashbacks that dont add anything to the plot, the biggest offender being the last one "The Green Yonder"

example reserved

socratic
18th June 09, 11:54 PM
Family Guy went bad when Stewie went from Evil mastermind to that cross dressing fag, in all the ways to expand the character they choose that?

Please don't make this thread about family Guy ( yeah I know I started it)

About the whole Futurama= Family guy thing allow me to elaborate. Maybe I need to rewatch some of the movies but I found them pretty bad. When I said randomness I didn't mean obscure pop culture references I meant flashbacks that dont add anything to the plot, the biggest offender being the last one "The Green Yonder"

example reserved

Stewie was gay since like season 2, dude, it's just more attention was paid to the joke after that.

elipson
19th June 09, 01:25 AM
In the early season they hinted at it, but he was still a child super villian. Now they just hint at the super villiany, and make him a flaming homosexual. He is funnier while evil.

Shawarma
19th June 09, 09:44 AM
Nobody in Family Guy has a consistent personality, just what Seth Green thinks is funny on that particular day.

Ajamil
19th June 09, 02:39 PM
You think Seth Green has so much clout with Family Guy? He's only credited as a voice actor, not a producer, director or writer.

syberia
20th June 09, 05:32 PM
FUCKING YES!!!

This made my day. It really fucking cold here, its like 2 degrees, but now its all good.

I'm sorry Lily, we cant be friends anymore.

DAYoung
20th June 09, 08:57 PM
I like Xoidberg.

That is all.

Harpy
21st June 09, 08:57 PM
He's disgusting. What do you like about him?

elipson
21st June 09, 09:08 PM
Dayoung likes him, thats enough for me.

Harpy
21st June 09, 09:11 PM
You're not thinking for yourself. DAYoung would look down his patrician nose at you.

Ajamil
21st June 09, 11:43 PM
He's the omega dog of the pack. If Ziodberg weren't there they'd have to always pick on someone else. Why do you want to hurt someone else's feelings Lily? We've already discussed that lobsters don't have them.

syberia
24th June 09, 12:01 PM

He's the comic relief among the comic relief.

When you're watching something like futurama sometimes all you need is a bit of random idiocy to make the episode that much better.

Now shut up and go watch more futurama

A.D.D
25th June 09, 09:33 AM

JEWISH LOBSTER!

Shawarma
25th June 09, 09:35 AM
Do they have a Muslim pig on the cast as well?

G-Off
25th June 09, 03:50 PM

They could make the 3 stooges references more hilarious if they did.

Zendetta
25th June 09, 03:55 PM

Hell no. Muslims will bomb your ass for that shit.

Xoidberg is very obviously a product of a Jewish writer, and they frequently go-for-broke with the Heeb Humor.

DAYoung
28th June 09, 12:58 AM

He's a Jewish lobster.

NEED I SAY MORE?

Aaranar
17th July 09, 05:17 PM
BAD news everyone...

'Futurama' getting new voices for Fry, Leela, Bender, and others

Just when I was getting really excited for the revived Futurama, total bummer news emerges: The voice actors are going to be different. Who's going to Zoid my Zoidberg?

Twentieth Century Fox, which is still producing the series even though new episodes will air on Comedy Central, is recasting the major voice roles for the show. That means no more Billy West (Fry, Professor, and Ziodberg), Katey Sagal (Leela), John DiMaggio (Bender), Maurice LaMarche (Kif Kroker, among others), or Tress MacNeil (Mom, and several others). Worst!

Fox released a statement saying "We love the Futurama voice performers and absolutely wanted to use them, but unfortunately, we could not meet their salary demands. While replacing these talented actors will be difficult, the show must go on. We are confident that we will find terrific new performers to give voice to Matt and David's brilliantly subversive characters."

Is it still Futurama with totally different voices, PopWatchers, or can this news bite your shiny metal -- well, you know.

Source : http://popwatch.ew.com/popwatch/2009/07/futurama-new-voices.html?xid=rss-feed-todayslatest-%27Futurama%27%3A+Voices+to+be+recast

From my perspective, they might as well just can the show now. I won't bother watching it.

EuropIan
17th July 09, 05:21 PM
Poor futurama...

:-..(

bob
17th July 09, 09:32 PM
It's all part of negotiations. They'll come round.

G-Off
17th July 09, 11:48 PM
WHAT.

Steve
18th July 09, 02:19 AM
Hahaha, you guys suck. The reason DAYoung likes Zoidberg is he's a fellow Dr.

syberia
18th July 09, 04:40 AM
Hahaha, you guys suck. The reason DAYoung likes Zoidberg is he's a fellow Dr.'

I thought doctors normally hated each other and existed in a constant rivallry of smartness?

Though, I guess DA wins that ones hands down...

Also: Bummer. Should we assult the actors with abusive letters demanding they return?

Aaranar
31st July 09, 10:42 PM
Good news everyone!

LOS ANGELES–The Star has learned exclusively that the entire voice cast of Futurama has just signed a new contract with Fox after weeks of intense salary negotiations.

As late as last week, the network was threatening to replace the original voices of Matt Groening's cult-hit cartoon, to the point of actually announcing a casting call for voice actors to replace them.

The Futurama voice cast includes John DiMaggio, Maurice LaMarche, Billy West, Tress MacNeille and Katey Sagal.

The compromise agreement, with the studio paying more and the actors accepting less, comes after the announcement of a 26-episode pick-up here by Comedy Central. Futurama also airs internationally in syndication, has produced four bestselling straight-to-DVD movies (later cut into episodes) and an upcoming feature film.

"We are thrilled to have our incredible cast back. The call has already `gone out to the animators to put the mouths back on the characters," Futurama creators Groening and David X. Cohen said in a joint statement.

Source : http://www.thestar.com/entertainment/article/674841

resolve
31st July 09, 10:50 PM
+rep for allaying my fears!

*PHEW*

G-Off
31st July 09, 11:11 PM
Oh thank god.

elipson
3rd August 09, 02:21 PM
Huzzah for the original actors!!!

Huzzah!