PDA

View Full Version : NJ Police demonstrate the proper method for beating a black man.

elipson
7th June 09, 02:25 PM
http://www.cnn.com/video/#/video/crime/2009/06/05/nj.police.beating.wabc.wabc

Basically a guy is standing on a street corner during the day, a cop car pulls up beside him, and a cop starts shit kicking him. The whole thing is caught on a store surveillance camera.

I seriously hope the cop looses his job. I can't imagine too many good reasons for this behaviour.

Shawarma
7th June 09, 03:26 PM
Heinous! I am especially apalled at the way your link didn't work. The person responsible should be sacked!

WarPhalange
7th June 09, 03:40 PM
Link works for me.

WarPhalange
7th June 09, 03:44 PM
This is going to get ugly. The obvious punishment for this guy is to go to prison for assault. The cops' solution will be some shitty suspension without pay. This is NJ, which has a fairly large black population, so I am not expecting them to stay quiet about this.

This is a perfect opportunity to show people that nobody is above the law, but it will turn into a shitstorm instead.

elipson
7th June 09, 05:47 PM
Link works fine for me. Maybe you just fail at life.

Dagon Akujin
7th June 09, 06:48 PM
*Waits for Kein Harr statement about how it's obviously not the cops fault and that we just don't know what the fuck we are talking about*

Japuma
7th June 09, 07:07 PM
Even I think this one looks pretty fucked up. I would still like to know more though.

WarPhalange
7th June 09, 07:14 PM
I guess Antifa and kracker are too busy masturbating to this news to post about it. =/

kracker
7th June 09, 07:33 PM
I guess Antifa and kracker are too busy masturbating to this news to post about it. =/

As far as I'm concerned, this isn't even surprising any more. Why would I be excited about this? If the first zillion videos of unjustified assaults, fabricated evidence planting and murders without reprimand didn't change your opinions I don't see why this would. I also won't be surprised when the cop's "punishment" is a paid vacation.

Antifa
7th June 09, 07:36 PM

actually I really dont have much to add.. It is what it is and there it is and thats that.

Doubt anything will come of this.

Sun Wukong
7th June 09, 10:48 PM
there has got to be some kind of story here.

what the fuck happened there, it looked so random. It's the like the cop must have just said, "you know what? Today's the day I randomly attack someone and risk my entire future as a police officer; hey, there's a black guy..."

WarPhalange
7th June 09, 10:49 PM
Don't be stupid. The attack wasn't random at all. He attacked because the guy was black, and not by coincidence. All white people, especially white cops, are racist.

kracker
7th June 09, 10:56 PM
there has got to be some kind of story here.

what the fuck happened there, it looked so random. It's the like the cop must have just said, "you know what? Today's the day I randomly attack someone and risk my entire future as a police officer; hey, there's a black guy..."

Since when does a random brutal attack on a person equal risking one's future as a police officer?

kracker
7th June 09, 11:01 PM
Don't be stupid. The attack wasn't random at all. He attacked because the guy was black, and not by coincidence. All white people, especially white cops, are racist.

This is not about race. Police violence isn't just a white vs black issue. The victims are disproportionately black but plently people of every colour and creed get assaulted by cops. This is about "blue" supremacists and their enablers, not white supremacists. They may overlap from time to time but that is not always the case.

Sun Wukong
7th June 09, 11:07 PM
Since when does a random brutal attack on a person equal risking one's future as a police officer?

it doesn't, but it makes no sense to do it given that the attacker was a cop. it means he probably had much more of a chance of getting away with it sure, but not only does he get to go to jail, the consequences for fucking up are just that much higher: he also loses his job, his prospects for future employment in any endeavor are bleak, his reputation will forever be tarnished, and he gets to be paraded in the media as a sacrificial pig for the several years.

A normal dude that get's out of his car and randomly attacks someone doesn't make the evening news. His neighbors, employer and co-workers may never even find out. hell, his family might never even know about it otherwise. He's just another random dickhead then.

Tanhalen21
7th June 09, 11:40 PM
the consequences for fucking up are just that much higher: he also loses his job, his prospects for future employment in any endeavor are bleak, his reputation will forever be tarnished, and he gets to be paraded in the media as a sacrificial pig for the several years.
Right, because this is what ALWAYS happens when a cop unjustifiably beats the shit out of someone.

Besides, there is literally no possible justification for this act. You can see the officer attacking him without any provocation or physical threat. Even if the guy standing on the sidewalk screamed "HEY YOUR MOM IS A FUCKING CUMSLUT AND YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT PIG SUCK MY DICK," the actions of the police officer still wouldn't be justified, so I guess I don't understand what "more" there is to know about it besides whether the cop gets what he deserves or not.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
8th June 09, 12:03 AM
nigger clearly had a gun

Sun Wukong
8th June 09, 12:41 AM
Right, because this is what ALWAYS happens when a cop unjustifiably beats the shit out of someone.

Besides, there is literally no possible justification for this act. You can see the officer attacking him without any provocation or physical threat. Even if the guy standing on the sidewalk screamed "HEY YOUR MOM IS A FUCKING CUMSLUT AND YOU ARE A PIECE OF SHIT PIG SUCK MY DICK," the actions of the police officer still wouldn't be justified, so I guess I don't understand what "more" there is to know about it besides whether the cop gets what he deserves or not.

All you did was just read back to me what I said in the 2nd line and expound on it. I said directly there was a smaller chance of being busted for this... I think we are at a crossroad of understanding and you're too distracted by the spectacle to pay attention to the traffic.

I was making an observation that this is just another example of people not taking into account their situation before acting.

Obviously this was uncalled for, I'd just like to know what that cop was thinking when he did it. It amazes me how people find themselves acting in this manner when clearly at the time they believe themselves to be justified to act with a vengeance.

Tanhalen21
8th June 09, 12:47 AM
I was making an observation that this is just another example of people not taking into account their situation before acting.

And what I was trying to convey is that, given the slack punishments for cops using unjustified excessive force you see on the news, it makes sense that they think they can get away with more than they should.

elipson
8th June 09, 12:49 AM
Oh Christ I started another one of these threads.... I should neg rep myself.

I'm interested to hear what the cops had to say as well, but from what it looks like it's pretty unjustified.

theotherserge
8th June 09, 12:52 AM
And what I was trying to convey is that, given the slack punishments for cops using unjustified excessive force you see on the news, it makes sense that they think they can get away with more than they should.

Yessir.

Kein Haar
8th June 09, 06:41 AM
Dagon,

Here's the thing...I have so many complaints about the justice system, including cops, heck, including co-workers, that I would love the space to express it.

Instead I'm busy putting out fires of complete stupidity of people who, yes, "don't know what the fuck they're talking about"....irrespective of this incident.

I duly appreciate you acknowledging your ignorance.

bob
8th June 09, 06:44 AM
Deserve's got nuthin to do with it.

Kein Haar
8th June 09, 06:49 AM
Edited.

You're right though...I should have said "tactically justified." And not of "beatings" per se, but general use of force. I also had examples, but fuck it.

EuropIan
8th June 09, 07:00 AM
you do recognize the need for higher standards because of the perceived power you hold over the "normal" citizen.

I mean, I am sure there were times you wish you could beat up some tverp as to saave him from his own stupidity all the while quoting Cool Han Luke. Actually I am sure this happens every day.

What is troubling about these "incidents" is that it affirms our fears and stereotypes of jack-booted facist cronism. You saying "that's not how it goes down" does nothing to alleviate this. As I am sure you already know.

My solution: kill rich couples in front of their kids until you get the desired effect.

Sun Wukong
8th June 09, 08:27 AM
Dagon,

Here's the thing...I have so many complaints about the justice system, including cops, heck, including co-workers, that I would love the space to express it.

Instead I'm busy putting out fires of complete stupidity of people who, yes, "don't know what the fuck they're talking about"....irrespective of this incident.

I duly appreciate you acknowledging your ignorance.

Actually, I'd like very much to hear your complaints.

Kein Haar
8th June 09, 08:49 AM
Good!

KO'd N DOA
8th June 09, 09:49 AM
Title should read...Why you should wait for the Walk sign (hint it is a flashing white man)