PDA

View Full Version : Mr. Han-Man Left The Island

Spade: The Real Snake
5th June 09, 05:59 PM
From The AP:

http://www.popeater.com/movies/article/bruce-lees-dragon-rival-shih-kien-dies/515874

http://www.lovehkfilm.com/people/cm8750/shih_kien_2.jpg
Hong Kong movie legend Shih Kien, who spent decades playing the enemy in dozens of martial arts films including the Bruce Lee classic 'Enter the Dragon,' has died at age 96. Shih died Wednesday afternoon at a Hong Kong hospital with his children by his side, the Ming Pao Daily News reported Friday. The cause was kidney failure, the Apple Daily newspaper said.

"With his death, Hong Kong has lost an outstanding performing arts talent," Acting Hong Kong Secretary for Commerce and Economic Development Gregory So said in a statement.

Shih made his film debut in 1940 and went on to act in about 350 films, most notably playing villains in films about Chinese folk hero Wong Fei-hong, according to Ming Pao.

He was best known to Western audiences for playing the evil martial arts expert Han in "Enter the Dragon." In the movie, Lee's character is hired by a foreign government to infiltrate Han's island and seeks to avenge his sister's death by Han's bodyguard.

8Ifl6TkPnjI

bob
5th June 09, 06:00 PM
The Bruce Lee curse strikes again!

Ninjas did it.

5th June 09, 06:03 PM
Who will be the third?

Steve
5th June 09, 06:09 PM
Nobody mention Chuck Norris.

bob
5th June 09, 06:10 PM
Kareem?

5th June 09, 06:12 PM
John Saxon?

Zendetta
5th June 09, 07:44 PM
He forged himself in the Fire of his Will.

RIP

Shawarma
5th June 09, 07:46 PM
First Carradine, now Mr. Han. Sammo Hung better watch the fuck out, there's a ninja with a grudge against 70ies kung fu stars.

Robot Jesus
6th June 09, 12:51 AM
Carradines genitals where mutilated.

6th June 09, 01:08 AM
and Mr. Han-Man's Bear Claw Hand is missing......

bob
6th June 09, 01:15 AM
Combining auto-erotic asphyxiation with bear claw masturbation. Neat.

Steve
6th June 09, 01:20 AM
No one ever said that he wasn't a talented fellow.

bob
6th June 09, 01:23 AM
People were making David Carradine jokes at training today. The best was regarding the suspiciousness of a 70 year old man going on holidays in Thailand.

"Here, little girl, try to take this boiled sweet from my hand."

Steve
6th June 09, 01:30 AM
He was actually working, a film called Strech, I believe.

I find it interesting enough that he still had the energy to put that much effort into rubbing one out. Dude was all man to the very end.

bob
6th June 09, 01:45 AM
Dude, once you hit middle age, it's effort just to keep it beyond the horizontal.

Or so I'm told.

Steve
6th June 09, 01:49 AM
That is exactly my point!

bob
6th June 09, 02:02 AM
a film called Stretch

I'd just like it officially noted how much self restraint I showed in not making a joke about this.

Steve
6th June 09, 02:14 AM
Oh, I know. You have no idea what was going through my head. I started to edit my post, twice.

Zendetta
6th June 09, 01:06 PM
People were making David Carradine jokes at training today. The best was regarding the suspiciousness of a 70 year old man going on holidays in Thailand.

"Here, little girl, try to take this boiled sweet from my hand."

LOL. I guess Thrill Bill might not see a theatrical release.

OZZ
7th June 09, 03:45 PM
"Man, You come straight out of a comic book!"
RIP