PDA

View Full Version : Chip Sandwiches.

Virus
2nd June 09, 03:45 AM
I was thinking about chip sandwiches before and read an article about chip sandwiches. Last night I had a dream that there was a restaurant that served only chip sandwiches. Do you eat chip sandwiches? Do you think they'll ever become a respectable food?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd June 09, 03:55 AM
cheetos on bread man, delicious

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd June 09, 03:55 AM
also works on any sandwich as a stand-in for cheese

Virus
2nd June 09, 04:02 AM
Most of the articles I read on chip sandwiches recommended Salt & Vinegar and white bread. But I would prefer plain chips.

socratic
2nd June 09, 04:11 AM
You mean chips as in crisps or as in fries? 'Cause chips as in fries + butter + bread + ham/chicken = one motherfucking hell of a sandwich

Neildo
2nd June 09, 04:16 AM
i've put fries in burgers, and chips in sandwiches. both are awesome.

Virus
2nd June 09, 04:33 AM
In Australia chips can refer to crisps or fries. I was talking about crisps but we can extend the discussion to fries if you want.

What about a corn-chip sandwich? Maybe a corn-chip sandwich with salsa.

Virus
2nd June 09, 04:39 AM
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Chip_sandwich

Chips, pickle and peanut butter looks pretty disgusting.

socratic
2nd June 09, 04:39 AM
i've put fries in burgers, and chips in sandwiches. both are awesome.

I was doing that shit all throughout my childhood. There's a huge amount of takeaways in Australia that vend hot chips (fries) so pretty much everyone's done pretty much everything with 'em.

Now fries and icecream, that's the good shit.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd June 09, 04:41 AM
There's a huge amount of takeaways in Australia that vend hot chips (fries)

No shit? Dude, I can barely think of any non-ethnic take away that doesn't serve fries.

honesty
2nd June 09, 04:42 AM
Hummm... chip butty. Best thing you can get from a chip shop, specially with butter on the cob and vinegar all over the chips.

bob
2nd June 09, 04:43 AM
The British are really the masters of the hot chip. Not that they make particularly good ones or anything, just that they eat them with pretty much anything.

Them: Would you like rice or chips with your curry?
Me: Errrr

socratic
2nd June 09, 05:07 AM
No shit? Dude, I can barely think of any non-ethnic take away that doesn't serve fries.

I wasn't sure you guys had the whole corner-store takeaway thing. I thought fast food chains were the dominant shitty-quality-but-delicious eatery.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd June 09, 05:14 AM
I wasn't sure you guys had the whole corner-store takeaway thing. I thought fast food chains were the dominant shitty-quality-but-delicious eatery.

You mean like a store that serves food, and like you can totally order it and leave with it? No man, we definitely don't have five of those in every strip mall.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd June 09, 05:24 AM
Here in America we have these things called "shoes", which are like clothes but for your feet. Do they have those in Australia?

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd June 09, 05:26 AM
Taking food from a restaurant? That's absurd! That's dangerous! Before you know it you're all going to wear hats on your dicks and hamburgers will be eating people!

socratic
2nd June 09, 05:37 AM
You mean like a store that serves food, and like you can totally order it and leave with it? No man, we definitely don't have five of those in every strip mall.

No, I meant chip shops UK style. Aus lingo is 'takeaway'

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd June 09, 05:40 AM
that makes my posts considerably less funny, but yeah we have a few of your faggot ass british stores over here. they go by names like "H.G. Salt", import newspapers from the Motherland, and the ones I've been to have not had a single British person behind the counter what's up with that?

honesty
2nd June 09, 06:02 AM
Nor do the chippies over here though, all the ones round near me are ran by Greeks...

socratic
2nd June 09, 06:17 AM
Nor do the chippies over here though, all the ones round near me are ran by insert ethnic minority here...

Sounds about right. Name one and I can bet you there's a chip shop run by one.

And don't fret MJS, I liked the dick-hat one

Ajamil
2nd June 09, 09:57 AM
Before you know it you're all going to wear hats on your dicks
Do rubbers count? Or are we still going with "raincoat" on that one?

Virus
2nd June 09, 10:14 AM
What if we reversed the process, and had two giant chips spread with margarine with a slice of bread in the middle.

When I was walking past the liquor store I saw they had bourbon flavored chips.

syberia
2nd June 09, 03:28 PM
What if we reversed the process, and had two giant chips spread with margarine with a slice of bread in the middle.

When I was walking past the liquor store I saw they had bourbon flavored chips.

Bourbon flavored chips? I cant decide wether thats awesome or really gross...

The British are really the masters of the hot chip. Not that they make particularly good ones or anything, just that they eat them with pretty much anything.

Them: Would you like rice or chips with your curry?
Me: Errrr

I cant get over people putting mayo on chips. Or really anything but tomato sauce or gravy.

Steve
2nd June 09, 03:38 PM
Mustard!! Tabasco or rooster sauce too!

Craigypooh
2nd June 09, 04:46 PM
Chips with curry sauce is the perfect end to an evening's drinking. You also have the delightful puzzle to solve the next morning - "Why the hell are my fingers yellow?!"

Harpy
2nd June 09, 05:36 PM
I can't believe the direction this thread is going in.

Virus - carb overload. You either have chips (crisps) or bread, not both. Unless you've just broken up with a guy and need some comfort food. I like the Snakata salt and vinegar rice crackers, good substitute for chips.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd June 09, 05:52 PM
Virus - carb overload. You either have chips (crisps) or bread, not both. Unless you've just broken up with a guy and need some comfort food. I like the Snakata salt and vinegar rice crackers, good substitute for chips.

If you kept a decent diet you wouldn't need to watch carbs. Do you want to know how I can eat at burger places and stay a svelte 120 pounds? Cause I don't always eat at burger places you fat skank.

Harpy
2nd June 09, 05:59 PM
You might have cancer. Get yourself checked.

socratic
2nd June 09, 07:15 PM
The best sauce for hot chips is bolognaise, bar none. That shit will make your tastebuds have multiple orgasms.

socratic
2nd June 09, 07:23 PM
If you kept a decent diet you wouldn't need to watch carbs. Do you want to know how I can eat at burger places and stay a svelte 120 pounds? Cause I don't always eat at burger places you fat skank.

Goddamn MJS, you need all the carbs and fat you can get. Do you find your distended Kenyan-esque belly makes it hard to maintain swagga?

Robot Jesus
2nd June 09, 08:59 PM
the best sauce for chips is cheese curds and beef gravy, washed down with a crisp lauger to less than 8% alcahol.

french canadian are the best kind of french.

Virus
2nd June 09, 09:14 PM
I don't actually eat chip sandwiches, I was just thinking about them.

On hot chips I use tomato sauce or vinegar.

Japuma
2nd June 09, 09:46 PM
They are called fries goddamn it! Chips are thin fried crispy potatos that come in bags... FUCK!

And as for fries on a sandwich... http://www.primantibros.com FTW

socratic
2nd June 09, 10:56 PM
They are called fries goddamn it! Chips are thin fried crispy potatos that come in bags... FUCK!

And as for fries on a sandwich... http://www.primantibros.com FTW

They're called biscuits goddamnit! What the fuck is with this 'cookie' shit? Cookie is an affectionate nickname for a chef! FUCK!

cuatro76
2nd June 09, 11:41 PM
Taking food from a restaurant? That's absurd! That's dangerous! Before you know it you're all going to wear hats on your dicks and hamburgers will be eating people!

That sort of madness could only happen in Rand McNally

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd June 09, 12:01 AM
Goddamn MJS, you need all the carbs and fat you can get. Do you find your distended Kenyan-esque belly makes it hard to maintain swagga?

120 sounds light but at 5'6" it just means I have a tummy like in the movies.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd June 09, 12:03 AM
They're called biscuits goddamnit! What the fuck is with this 'cookie' shit? Cookie is an affectionate nickname for a chef! FUCK!

When the hell are you lime suckers gonna learn to speak The King's English?

Harpy
3rd June 09, 12:06 AM
MJS/Frodo - from the way you talk you make it sound like you're a 6ft 3 chiselled specimen of manhood. Go have some onion rings.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd June 09, 12:09 AM
Just ate half a large pizza, give me props yo.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd June 09, 12:09 AM
Cause, y'know, eating too much is a serious accomplishment according to Lily.

Harpy
3rd June 09, 12:10 AM
Aight.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
3rd June 09, 12:10 AM
Don't worry Lily, I'll throw a slice on the pavement for the homies who couldn't be here.

Harpy
3rd June 09, 12:20 AM
I like the cut of your jib.

Chip pizza for you:
http://static.stuff.co.nz/1233108507/033/278033.jpg

Tanhalen21
3rd June 09, 01:56 AM
Peanut butter + fruit loops on white bread. It's the sweet version of a chip sandwich.

Steve
3rd June 09, 02:37 AM
Maybe honey nut cheerios....

Virus
3rd June 09, 03:42 AM
120 sounds light but at 5'6" it just means I have a tummy like in the movies.

Those movies of starving Africans?

Yiktin Voxbane
3rd June 09, 04:07 AM
The King's English?

BWAHAHAHAHAHA

Best sammidge = Wholegrain bread , real butter , raw onion , crunchy peanut butter .

Worst sammidge I ever ated = Magic Mushrooms on white, margerene + tomato sauce ..... every bite was a visit to the yawning abyss of vomit-town , once completed it was followed by a car trip to visit my sick mother in hospital ... /Sadface .

Was an odd few hours .....

socratic
3rd June 09, 04:32 AM
Raw onion is the worst ingredient in the universe, right up there with natto. I've eaten many fine foods completely ruined by raw red/regular onion.

Ajamil
3rd June 09, 12:39 PM
I prefer a more reptilian style of metabolism. I like to go a few days without eating, and then order a few pizzas to snarf by myself. If I could unhinge my jaw, I'd give serious thought to suspending my vegetarianism to see if I could swallow some animal whole...I suppose I could try melons or really big sammiches.

Spade: The Real Snake
3rd June 09, 12:56 PM
Back when I ate this sort of stuff, I was known to buy and Arby's Beef-N-Cheddar sandwich and put one of their potato cakes on it.

Has anyone mentioned the Fat Darrell yet?
J2jibDjoLHw

Chicken Fingers
Fries
Mozerella Sticks
topped with marinara sauce served on a roll.

Cullion
3rd June 09, 01:24 PM
If you're going to make a chip butty you need some fucking fishfingers and ketchup in there too.

Steve
3rd June 09, 01:35 PM
Raw onion is the worst ingredient in the universe, right up there with natto. I've eaten many fine foods completely ruined by raw red/regular onion.

You shut your mouth.

I love raw onion, all types. When others cry, I'm stealing a bite.

jnp
3rd June 09, 02:58 PM
One day, for some inexplicable reason, my four year old decided that his peanut butter and jelly sandwich would benefit greatly from cheetos. He's eaten them that way ever since to the point that we don't bother suggesting PB&J if there are no cheetos in the house.

I would question where the hell he got this taste for strange sandwich ingredients, but my dad and my grandmother have been eating peanut butter and bell pepper sandwiches for decades.

Blech.

syberia
3rd June 09, 03:06 PM
One day, for some inexplicable reason, my four year old decided that his peanut butter and jelly sandwich would benefit greatly from cheetos. He's eaten them that way ever since to the point that we don't bother suggesting PB&J if there are no cheetos in the house.

Wow, thats random. Maybe he's some sort of creative genius.

Or really, really odd.

Ajamil
3rd June 09, 03:08 PM
You differentiate between the two?

syberia
3rd June 09, 03:12 PM
Well, not really...

But you get my point!

Also, steve, onions man, i know where you coming from...

Harpy
3rd June 09, 06:26 PM
I'm with socractic. Raw onion eaters can go screw themselves. They all also seem to be thin people

Cullion
3rd June 09, 06:27 PM
I'm not thin and I eat raw onion in salads and in cheese sandwiches.

Harpy
3rd June 09, 06:36 PM
What type of onions?

P.S. - I've been meaning to apologise to you

Japuma
3rd June 09, 07:16 PM
As a person who is allergic to onions, it can suprisingly difficult to to find non-onion foods, they are the cockroach of the food world, they are into everything.

Ajamil
3rd June 09, 09:51 PM
Bullshit, try eggs and get back to me.

Japuma
3rd June 09, 09:57 PM
As in eggs being in everything?

Harpy
3rd June 09, 10:00 PM
/facepalm

Ajamil
3rd June 09, 10:07 PM
Thankfully labels have gotten a lot nicer and started putting allergy info at the bottom - though I'm damn good at scanning ingredients now.

Steve
4th June 09, 12:08 AM
I truly enjoy the flavor and "bite" when eating raw onion. I'm very sorry to hear about your allergy, Japuma630.

Cullion
4th June 09, 01:40 AM
What type of onions?

I like red onions in greek salads and white onion in a cheese sandwich.

P.S. - I've been meaning to apologise to you

You don't need to Lily.

I.. I sort of like it when you're angry.

Steve
4th June 09, 01:50 AM
white onion in a cheese sandwich.

I'm really going to have to try this. I love cheese, as everyone knows, I have at least one thread dedicated to it. Never thought about it and just onions for a sandwich, though a quesadilla with onions is heaven (but that is grilled, I guess I should ask if you are talking about a grilled cheese sandwich, because that is a brilliant idea that I some how forgot to dream up myself).

Cullion
4th June 09, 01:54 AM
I prefer it raw with strong, mature english cheddar. It's kind of a standard sandwich filling in the UK. Grilled would work but might not be as sharp because the onion might cook a bit.

Steve
4th June 09, 01:57 AM
My thoughts too. I will have to try it.

Speaking of cheese, I bought some sharp cheddar this past Friday and it is off... in some way or other. I need to return it to the shop, such a pain. But more importantly, I didn't realize that buying bad cheese would bum me out so much, it's like my faith in the dairy industry was shaken to it's very core. :/

Cullion
4th June 09, 02:02 AM
What makes you think it's off ?

Steve
4th June 09, 02:11 AM
First off, it had cracks in it. Didn't notice until I got it out of the package at home. Secondly, the taste. After further inspection, it got worse: the block cracked in half and was crumbly (I'd post a pic but my camera is being employed at work). Odd, considering the color was fine and didn't smell off at all. But sharp cheddar is in my top 3 of favorite cheeses, so I know my tongue isn't lying (I could excuse everything else if it didn't just taste weird).

Steve
4th June 09, 02:17 AM
Actually, here is a shitty phone picture of it:

http://i71.photobucket.com/albums/i141/forstevee/ScreenHunter_05Jun040015.gif

The packaging and my lack of standing around analyzing cheese in grocery stores (outside of premium cheeses) blinded me to it's obvious faults.

Cullion
4th June 09, 02:18 AM
Real cheddar is supposed to be somewhat crumbly, but it sounds it was sort of dried out ? That's what happens to cheese if you keep it unwrapped in a cold fridge for a couple of days.

Cullion
4th June 09, 02:20 AM
That's a very strange colour for cheddar, too orange. It looks more like Double Gloucester.

This is what I expect real Cheddar to look like :-

http://www.eatingbritain.com/wp-content/uploads/2008/10/west-country-farmhouse-cheddar.jpg

Cullion
4th June 09, 02:22 AM
This is Double Gloucester:-

http://photograzing.seriouseats.com/profile_post_images/double-gloucester-cheese_1faf127034985713f6087d349252674f.jpg

Cullion
4th June 09, 02:22 AM
Double Gloucester is an OK cheese for biscuits and red wine, but it doesn't have the sharpness you're looking for in a sammich.

Steve
4th June 09, 02:23 AM
Yeah, it is "American" cheddar, not the nice stuff at all. But it is a childhood acquired taste, my cheese horizons have since expanded.

honesty
4th June 09, 02:43 AM
Always remove your cheese from its plastic rapping and re-wrap in foil when storing in a fridge. Helps it last longer and stops it from sweating.

Cheese and onion sandwich is on of the best, but I use spring onions when I do it.

Steve
4th June 09, 02:49 AM
Cheese never lasts long enough in my fridge to worry about that stuff. BUT I normally keep it in an vacuumed bag of some type if I'm concerned about making it last.

syberia
4th June 09, 02:49 AM
I'm with socractic. Raw onion eaters can go screw themselves. They all also seem to be thin people

I'm not thin...

As a person who is allergic to onions, it can suprisingly difficult to to find non-onion foods, they are the cockroach of the food world, they are into everything.

Mate, unlucky.

Virus
4th June 09, 03:33 AM
Onions for me are a staple. And I'm not thin.

Yiktin Voxbane
4th June 09, 07:12 AM
Gentle readers of this thread ..

CHEESE IS JUST MILK THAT'S GONE BAD .

billy sol hurok
4th June 09, 07:55 AM

CHEESE IS JUST MILK THAT'S GONE BETTER .
There ya go, Voxie.

Where were we? Oh yeah, Freedum Fries.

How much do Puerto Ricans luv their spuds? So much that if you go to a Chinese restaurant in San Juan and order the #xx lunch special, it will come with pork fried rice AND fries, no questions asked. (Can o' Schlitz optional.) I'm not some carbophobic weenie, but dayum.

If the good lawd wanted you stuffing fries into things, he wouldn't have made them a SIDE dish, innit? That goes for the Israelis too, sticking fries into the shawarma sammich . . .

Ajamil
4th June 09, 09:26 AM

CHEESE IS JUST MILK THAT'S GONE BAD .

Never consume old milk...unless it's yoghurt.

Never consume old yoghurt...unless it's cheese.

Never consume moldy cheese...unless it's bleu cheese.

Toby Christensen
1st July 09, 01:56 AM
When the hell are you lime suckers gonna learn to speak The King's English?

Australians are not English.

If you really think so, tell some Aborigines how British they are.

Japuma
1st July 09, 02:35 PM
Australians are not English.

If you really think so, tell some Aborigines how British they are.

I would champion a virus that kills off the entire Aborigines population as long as it gets you to stop talking about them. No one fucking cares about the goddamn aborigines, nor how much you know about them.

Toby Christensen
2nd July 09, 02:37 AM
Aw Japuma you are so DELIGHTFULLY racist.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
2nd July 09, 02:40 AM
Toby reminds me of when I was three and motherfucking loved Batman.

Toby Christensen
2nd July 09, 02:44 AM
What? Batman IS cool.

You gotta problem with anthropology?