PDA

View Full Version : Canaduh's Gov General eats RAW SEAL HEART

Harpy
27th May 09, 01:02 AM
The EU is pretty much going to impose a ban on large-scale trade of pelts and seal goods by June 2009. There will be some limited exceptions to trade by the Inuit (before the Canadians get up in arms about tradition and culture).

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jKKCrIpvS6RwoRtDDh7R8rNs5sUQD98E2VC80

Canada's Governor General Michaelle Jean decided that it would be a show of support to eat a fresh chunk of raw seal heart at an Inuit community festival a few days ago.

What the hell was she thinking? What an embarrassment to female leaders the world over, what a callous act to undertake and then not even back that up (her comments to media over her action "take of that what you will").

PETA has her in their sights.

socratic
27th May 09, 01:16 AM
Oh, right, because it'd be okay to eat Frog's legs if a French guy offered them to you, but eating seal because an Inuit offered it to you is evil.

Next you'll tell me I should throw whale at my hosts when I get it offered to me.

Harpy
27th May 09, 01:20 AM
Not just throw it but cut slices off your host and eat it raw.

socratic
27th May 09, 01:30 AM
Not just throw it but cut slices off your host and eat it raw.

Human is too chewy to eat raw. That's what Herman meiwes said, at least...

Artful Dentures
27th May 09, 04:26 AM
I am sure it was an adult seal which is an ugly creature not cute and succulent baby seal

mmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm....... baby seal

Kiko
27th May 09, 05:49 AM
PETA calls boycott on Canadian maple syrup (http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20090526/NEWS02/905260341/1003/NEWS02)

Oh, stop. PETA are extremist media whores. I hope she soaked it in maple syrup too!

How is this embarrassing female leaders? She was showing support to her Inuit constituency and she didn't club the thing before its heart was served.

MEGA JESUS-SAMA
27th May 09, 06:11 AM
We'll show those darn seal clubbers, by boycotting a completely different industry!

Neildo
27th May 09, 07:28 AM
best part was her admitting it was delicious. totally badass. you wish your political figures were as cool.

socratic
27th May 09, 07:34 AM
I'm imagining it went something like this:

GG rips open baby seal's flesh, having chased it down with her Inuit brethren across the frozen tundra. As she tears free its still beating heart and takes a predatory bite, she grins as its blood runs down her chin. "I can taste its tears. It's agony is delicious." Taking another bite, "Its soul and strength are now mine."

Robot Jesus
27th May 09, 07:38 AM
it's part of the oath of office here.

Yiktin Voxbane
27th May 09, 07:38 AM
http://i54.photobucket.com/albums/g86/Yiktin-Pivot/warranties.jpg

KO'd N DOA
27th May 09, 10:14 AM
Having lived with the Inuit in Northern Canada, the consequences are huge if she didn't eat what is offered. I've gaged on raw seal before, but was never offered the heart. The GG is from Haiti, so her being able to pull this off is no surprise.

She is the Queens constituant - chosen - not elected - by the Prime Minister on whatever whim and fancy he has. Oh ya, they giver her the keys as the Commander in Chief of our Armed Forces.

What the Inuit subsistance harvesting tradition has to do with the Newfoundland Commericial Seal hunt welfare subsidy, is anyone's guess.

Now the linkage of Maple Syrrup to seals by Peta, only if the clubs are Maple Wood - would that make any sense. Perhaps as she represents the Queen a better Peta boycott would be Manchester United or scones and marmalaid.

Neildo
27th May 09, 10:19 AM
marmalade

Spade: The Real Snake
27th May 09, 10:23 AM
LULZY: Forever saying "I don't want to put *that* in my mouth...t.*suff* might come out.

Fearless Ukemi
27th May 09, 10:25 AM
The EU is pretty much going to impose a ban on large-scale trade of pelts and seal goods by June 2009. There will be some limited exceptions to trade by the Inuit (before the Canadians get up in arms about tradition and culture).

http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jKKCrIpvS6RwoRtDDh7R8rNs5sUQD98E2VC80

Canada's Governor General Michaelle Jean decided that it would be a show of support to eat a fresh chunk of raw seal heart at an Inuit community festival a few days ago.

What the hell was she thinking? What an embarrassment to female leaders the world over, what a callous act to undertake and then not even back that up (her comments to media over her action "take of that what you will").

I like her already.

HappyOldGuy
27th May 09, 10:49 AM
best part was her admitting it was delicious. totally badass. you wish your political figures were as cool.

I'd do 'er.

Neildo
27th May 09, 11:38 AM
PETA calls boycott on Canadian maple syrup (http://www.rutlandherald.com/article/20090526/NEWS02/905260341/1003/NEWS02)

this is good news, more for us. it will drive the price down.

KO'd N DOA
27th May 09, 11:57 AM
Now with swine flu affecting Porc prices and Maple Syrup being dirt cheap, Breakfest just got more flavoUr full.

WarPhalange
27th May 09, 12:31 PM
Hardcore.

TheLordHumungus
27th May 09, 01:01 PM
Having lived with the Inuit in Northern Canada, the consequences are huge if she didn't eat what is offered.

That's the hardcore part, she didn't just eat what was offered. She specifically asked to try a piece of the heart.

Do we know that this was a protest on her part? I didn't see any quotes from her about it. Sounds like she was just chillin at a cultural event and decided that when in Rome...

Odacon
27th May 09, 01:17 PM
What exactly is supposed to be the problem? Is there something wrong with seal meat?

Ajamil
27th May 09, 01:24 PM
PETA are idiots. This was a cultural exchange and her avoiding it would in no way have saved some precious sea-coyote from dying.

I wonder if the Inuit would have understood if the GG had been veggie and had graciously turned the honor down citing cultural reasons. An unavoidable snub in that case, perhaps.

No idea where you get the idea that this makes any statement on female leaders. Where the quoted words hers? What was the question asked?

GG rips open baby seal's flesh, having chased it down with her Inuit brethren across the frozen tundra. As she tears free its still beating heart and takes a predatory bite, she grins as its blood runs down her chin. "I can taste its tears. It's agony is delicious." Taking another bite, "Its soul and strength are now mine."
That would make it so much better in my eyes.

Edit: Reread the article. This was simply some food sampling at a festival? Did she say attendance at the festival or the heart-eating was the show of support? Was there some comment on how the community should be allowed to keep marketing seal? What exactly is the topic here?

TheLordHumungus
27th May 09, 01:36 PM
What exactly is supposed to be the problem? Is there something wrong with seal meat?

It's apparently too delicious.

Zendetta
27th May 09, 01:55 PM

Oh, shut the Hell up! You know what they call "vegan/vegatarianism" in Inuit country?

They call it "Starvation".

What the hell was she thinking?

I'd wager she was thinking that she'd show some solidarity and appreciation of hospitality with the Indigenous People.

You mean the organization whose administrator relied on animal-produced insulin to keep her alive, while condemning Native Canadians for their traditional lifeways?

Yeah. Fuck PETA.

KO'd N DOA
27th May 09, 03:51 PM

Seal meat is okay - boiled then roasted. The fur is the problem.

Canada is a country that exists only because the animals here gave us food and fur. The food we ate, the fur we traded.

Vegitarians and Peta types have tried to remove themselves from the circle of life. There are plants, eaters of plants, eaters of eaters of plants.

Sun Wukong
28th May 09, 06:13 AM
Lily's vagina has seal in it.

http://wwwc.aftonbladet.se/noje/0512/18/NOJE-18s34-seal-700_368.jpg

Poor bastard. This is the look of a man who realizes the Lupus will take away all his pain.

socratic
28th May 09, 07:32 AM
That would make it so much better in my eyes.

Edit: Reread the article. This was simply some food sampling at a festival? Did she say attendance at the festival or the heart-eating was the show of support? Was there some comment on how the community should be allowed to keep marketing seal? What exactly is the topic here?

I'm thinking of a rewrite of that scene involving gunfights and bullet dodging. I think I might caste Jason Statham as the head Inuit. Might try and get Michael Bay to co-direct.

Seal 2: This Time, It's Delicious *explosion*

Seriously though, she doesn't have to say that taking part in a cultural custom of her state's people is a 'show of support' for it to be a show of support or an attempt to garner public opinion amongst that demographic. If someone in a position of considerable authority decides to come on down to the local Hare Krishna centre, eat some veggie curry and have a nice chat about how best to avoid samsara and most awesome chapters of the Bhagavad Gita [see sig. Mutli-armed godhead ftw], they won't usually say "I'm doing this to look cool to the Hare Krishnas".

Ajamil
29th May 09, 03:37 PM
Well that's cause the Krishnas will like you anyway - don't have to look cool to be in a cult. In fact it's a good prerequisite to NOT be cool. But I get your point.

Mutli-armed godhead ftw
http://www.ugo.com/music/top-11-rock-album-covers/images/entries/Axis-bold-as-love.jpg

Plays divine guitar too.

Kein Haar
29th May 09, 05:46 PM
tldr

Is lily offended that someone ate meat which wasn't factory farmed and stuff? Something which led a natural and fulfilled existence until a reasonably quick death, after which very little was wasted?

Lily....

....nevermind.

Pf.

I had been giving you too much credit lately.

jnp
30th May 09, 12:26 AM
After I killed my first deer, my dad made me eat some of it's heart. I remember thinking it was pretty gross and that people must cook meat because it's really chewy when it's raw.

Good times.

Harpy
1st June 09, 03:51 AM
tldr

Is lily offended that someone ate meat which wasn't factory farmed and stuff? Something which led a natural and fulfilled existence until a reasonably quick death, after which very little was wasted?

Lily....

....nevermind.

Pf.

I had been giving you too much credit lately.

You're only human.

Kein, I was actually posting along the lines that her actions at this stage (pre-EU ban) are pretty meaningless (other than as Zen put it, to show support of the indigenous people). In fact, PETA might even have misread her actions and their reaction seems to be overboard.

I support the EU ban and applaud the loophole that will allow trade by the indigenous people.

socratic
1st June 09, 04:33 AM
You're only human.

Kein, I was actually posting along the lines that her actions at this stage (pre-EU ban) are pretty meaningless (other than as Zen put it, to show support of the indigenous people). In fact, PETA might even have misread her actions and their reaction seems to be overboard.

I support the EU ban and applaud the loophole that will allow trade by the indigenous people.

The whole reason why she did it was to show support to the Inuit peoples, wasn't it?

Kein Haar
1st June 09, 08:39 AM
PETA's reactions can be overboard?

Srsly?

Ajamil
1st June 09, 11:21 AM
Not like those ASPCA freak-outs...

Spade: The Real Snake
1st June 09, 02:50 PM
After I killed my first deer, my dad made me eat some of it's heart. I remember thinking it was pretty gross and that people must cook meat because it's really chewy when it's raw.

Good times.
Wolverines?

KO'd N DOA
1st June 09, 03:00 PM
The whole reason why she did it was to show support to the Inuit peoples, wasn't it?

No, it is for the Newfies - the guys from Newfoundland that Canada Annexed after WWII in order to have all the cod. They piggy backed the issue on the Inuit.

My new suspicion is that they with all the Arctic territory saber rattl'n going on, the Gov na Gen, as head of the Armed Forces, is showing other arctic territories to back off, or she will rip your heart out and eat it raw. I think it is Denmark and Iceland that she is targeting with that message.

Sarah Palin will have to one up her soon.

Ajamil
1st June 09, 05:07 PM
Sarah Palin will have to one up her soon.

Didn't think of that. This does beat field dressing a moose - or it would if that previous fantasy happened. She should support their right to whale hunting and go bag one for herself.

Harpy
1st June 09, 10:24 PM
PETA's reactions can be overboard?

Srsly?

Police brutality is systemic and entrenched at all levels of the force?

Don't be wilfully stupid Kein. The media covers the extreme actions of some PETA members, not all.

KO'd N DOA
2nd June 09, 12:08 PM
Didn't think of that. This does beat field dressing a moose - or it would if that previous fantasy happened. She should support their right to whale hunting and go bag one for herself.

After you posted this, I read this....http://www.seashepherd.org/news-and-media/editorial-090528-1.html

Which compares Palin and Jean. Biased as all get out, but there seems to be something.

Kein Haar
2nd June 09, 12:23 PM
Police brutality is systemic and entrenched at all levels of the force?

Don't be wilfully stupid Kein. The media covers the extreme actions of some PETA members, not all.

Yeah, but there's the PETA website, and it's plenty bat-shit insane. That's them on their best behavior.

Please show me the a central law enforcement information venue where complete cuckoos sign off on immoral, unprofessional, dishonest, retardation on the level of public, practiced, approved and official policy....then we can talk.

But since that won't happen why don't you just shut your piehole on this one.

This was meat-eating on it's most humane and "natural" level....and a level of courtesty shown to a host culture I've never seen before in any other politician.

You're bad at this. You bore me.

You go Canadienne!

TheLordHumungus
2nd June 09, 01:16 PM
Please show me the a central law enforcement information venue where complete cuckoos sign off on immoral, unprofessional, dishonest, retardation on the level of public, practiced, approved and official policy....then we can talk.

When it comes to law enforcement, we only here about immoral, unprofessional, dishonest, retardation on the level of public, practiced, approved and official policies once they're no longer classified. COINTELPRO being a good example.

Ajamil
2nd June 09, 02:01 PM
That loose cannon broke loose this week when television screens around the world exposed the representative of her Majesty Queen Elizabeth II on her knees in a track suit before the freshly slaughtered and steaming carcass of a seal, knife (ulu) in hand, hacking through the flesh to cut off a piece of the animal's raw bleeding heart. She then stuffed the blood-oozing organ into her mouth, chewed it, wiped the blood from her lips and fingers with a tissue, and declared it delicious.
What was she thinking? She looked the very image of a Borneo cannibal queen. All that was missing was the bone through her nose
Fuck Yeah!!

Maybe eating raw bleeding meat is okay for the residents of Jean's native Haiti where children are sold on the street and cookies for toddlers are made from mud, and I suspect that if a poor seal made the mistake of hauling out on the beach near Port aux Prince that he could very well be eaten raw.

Haiti is a country of extreme poverty impoverished after decades of brutal rule by dictators. It is also a country where animals are sacrificed for religious purposes and people bathe in the steaming blood of decapitated chickens.
Perhaps it is no coincidence that the Caribbean Monk seal is now extinct.

Daaaamn, that's some racism right therr.

EuropIan
2nd June 09, 02:40 PM

You are sexist.

HappyOldGuy
2nd June 09, 02:45 PM
You are sexy in furs.

derrfix!

EuropIan
2nd June 09, 02:46 PM
http://www.firststryke.com/Elephant%20seal%20female%20gaping.jpg

Fearless Ukemi
2nd June 09, 04:00 PM
Looks tasty.

Neildo
2nd June 09, 04:04 PM
i'd hit it :D

socratic
2nd June 09, 07:08 PM
i'd hit it :D

With a big stick

DAYoung
7th June 09, 12:31 AM
Maybe it wasn't 'cultural exchange'.

Maybe it was heart for heart's sake.

Tanhalen21
7th June 09, 02:18 AM
PETA can suck my cock, and so can this entire thread

DAYoung
7th June 09, 02:28 AM
my cock

Nouveau cuisine minimalist food.

Tanhalen21
7th June 09, 02:32 AM
Laugh

Kiko
7th June 09, 08:21 PM
Regarding PETA's controversial campaigns, Newkirk has said: "The fact is we are the biggest group because we succeed in getting attention. ... The fact is we may be doing all sorts of things on a campaign but the one thing that gets attention is the outrageous thing. It simply goes to prove to us each time, that that is the thing that’s going to work; and so we won’t shirk from doing that facet — in addition to all the other things we do that you never hear about because no one cares."

PETA= Attention Whores for Animals!!

Ajamil
8th June 09, 10:57 AM
They could change their name to Whores for Animal Activist Attention.

or WAAA