PDA

View Full Version : The ROCK 'EM SOCK 'EM

partyboy
26th May 09, 12:10 PM
fellow interweb-nerds, I'm writing this to you with one HUGE F'ING HANGOVER and it's all because I had the great idea to mix what shitty alcohol I had last night to try and come up with a better mouse trap... or mixed drink, whatever.

So here's what I had to work with -
gin
kahlua
wine
rockstar energy drink
sake
massive amounts of tequila

being the absolute dumbass that I am, I put some ice in a big glass and put about a shot of sake in it, then added some rockstar. surprisingly enough the horrible taste of rockstar masked the much more horrible taste of the sake, so I added more sake and more rockstar.

not being content with such a weak drink (the sake was only 15% alcohol) I decided to throw a shot of gin in there as well... YES I KNOW IT SOUNDS HORRIBLE, I ALREADY TOLD YOU THAT I'M A DUMBASS

but anyway, i was able to drink the thing and actually managed to finish off the bottle of sake that I had previously thought would sit there on my shelf for the 10 years because it was so bad. the GF came up with the name, "rock 'em sock 'em" sake + rockstar, get it? ...get it??? har har har.

so here's the final recipe in case you're stuck with what I had AND YOU'RE INTO MASOCHISM:

Rock 'Em Sock 'Em

In a large glass, mix -
ice
4 shots sake
1 shot gin
rockstar energy drink to fill remainder of the glass

now go kill yourself, please.

Steve
26th May 09, 01:35 PM
One drink and you have a "HUGE F'ING HANGOVER?" Pfffft, wuss.

jubei33
26th May 09, 03:57 PM
you need a sun dress to go with that fru-fru drink. put some pineapple and flowers around it and you have a "ladykiller" (tm). Just drink whiskey....pffft

Sun Wukong
26th May 09, 07:36 PM
One drink and you have a "HUGE F'ING HANGOVER?" Pfffft, wuss.

Hangovers, from my experience, aren't so much due to the amount you drink, but more specifically the low quality of booze ingested in combination with the amount imbibed.

Give me a nice clean high % alcohol mixed with a sugary soda and I'm usually good. Two crap-tastic shots of tequila and a couple of cheap ass beers? Hangover city.

My guess is that the primary culprit was mixing two forms of alcohol which typically have serious quality issues when on a budget; rice wine and gin.

Kiko
27th May 09, 05:52 AM
I came here for this

http://www.readyshare.com/Users/[email protected]//RockemSockemRobots.jpg

and was rather disappointed!

Japuma
27th May 09, 06:29 AM
Anything with Gin is golden in my book.

fes_fsa
28th May 09, 08:43 PM
you can always make ghetto style gin and juice...

where instead of using orange juice to dilute the gin and make it palatable, you mix it with tang.

fes_fsa
28th May 09, 08:46 PM
I came here for this

http://www.readyshare.com/Users/[email protected]//RockemSockemRobots.jpg

and was rather disappointed!

here's a tasty rock em sock em wedding cake...

http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_2Mvf5hB5vkc/SbaZhyIAXiI/AAAAAAAABKY/sotp_2em_Xs/s400/2008-09-05+Gary%27s+Cake.jpg

Kiko
29th May 09, 04:37 AM
If gin is worth drinking, tonic & lime or GTFO!

Cool cake, fes!

partyboy
29th May 09, 08:00 AM
the guy robot on that cake must be a pussy since he lost to the bride...

Kiko
29th May 09, 08:34 AM
Maybe he drank one of your drinks?

Japuma
29th May 09, 05:00 PM
Gin, Ginger ale and Lemon... try it.

Zendetta
29th May 09, 06:54 PM
A friend of mine once mixed absinthe and coca cola.

I'm still sorry I didn't kick his ass for that.

Japuma
29th May 09, 09:31 PM
Root beer, Kahlua, buttershots and 151... try it.