PDA

View Full Version : For your protection I'm going to have to assault you

kracker
18th May 09, 03:22 PM
http://www.theglobeandmail.com/servlet/story/RTGAM.20090515.wescalator16/BNStory/NATIONAL/?page=rss&id=RTGAM.20090515.wescalator16

I remember a little while ago people here were laughing at the people in Montreal protesting police brutality. This should clear up the question as to why they happened. (For the record I am generally opposed to riots because I'm 99% sure everyone down at the precinct jizzes their flashy blue pants when they hear a riot's going down and they can crack some skulls.) Still given bullshit of this magnitude it's understandable. A woman is assaulted, handcuffed, fined and JAILED for NOT HOLDING THE MOTHERFUCKING RAILING ON AN ESCALATOR. They "protect" this woman from a potential fall by handcuffing her and throwing her in jail. Seriously, where do we draw the line as a society before we question police action? It's clear that they lost any respect they had for us a LOOOONG time ago. Why should we respect them? How bad does it have to get before anti-police politicians are electable. I only vote for pro freedom tickets but I'm just one man. What is it going to take for the rest of y'all to wake up and defend what remains of liberty?

Steve
18th May 09, 03:34 PM
Riding the escalator is srs bsniz. She got what she deserved, IMO.

elipson
18th May 09, 03:37 PM
That's definitely fucked up and I hope all goes well for her in court. But lets not blow this out of proportion. She didn't get billy-clubbed for her troubles and she is not being tossed in prison.

kracker
18th May 09, 03:39 PM
Assaulted? She has a handcuff rash and a scrape on her foot. And she refused to comply.

You always twist things.

I think the question here is why the hell SHOULD she have complied? They clearly didn't give a fuck about her safety. The only reason I can think of for complying is fear, and that's the exact same reason for which you would hand your wallet over to a bunch of knife wielding Crips.

jubei33
18th May 09, 03:59 PM
you know as much about the crips as you do about the cops.

FriendlyFire
18th May 09, 04:35 PM
As much as I hate to say it, kracker is right on this one. Pretty ridiculous what happened, I also hope the trial nullifies the tickets and compensates her.

Cullion
18th May 09, 04:40 PM
#1 doesn't hurt her one bit to do it
#2 she was asked by the cops and therefore the potential negative consequences are much worse if she doesn't do it than if she does.
#3 she seems to have an 'all cops are bad... must resist' attitude which silly people like yourself subscribe to and it would have been good for her soul and sanity to comply.

Did you read the article? Did you read about how many stupid accidents have happened? They are sick of people hurting themselves.

That's not really the point.

How about respect for law?

I've got to agree with him this time, the cop was being utterly absurd in this case. If this has anything to do with respect for law, it's to do with the cop's lack of respect for it and a warped sense of their own authority.

Dark Helmet
18th May 09, 05:54 PM
A woman is assaulted, handcuffed, fined and JAILED for NOT HOLDING THE MOTHERFUCKING RAILING ON AN ESCALATOR. They "protect" this woman from a potential fall by handcuffing her and throwing her in jail.

The way I heard it was more or less what you read in the article. However it misses to explain one key and important factor: You CAN get fined for not holding on to the rail while going up an escalator. It sucks. But so are other silly bi-laws like jay-walking , spitting on the ground and even loitering.

Is it silly that this woman was arrested for this? Yes. Was she arrested for not holding on to the rail? No, she was arrested for refusing to show I.D.

That's actually terrible - fear mongering - reporting from that newspaper.

By the way. I do believe that the police are too gun-ho and over-react at times.

Quikfeet509
18th May 09, 06:34 PM
Biotch should have taken the stairs.

SRSLY.

We are at war with obesity. She chose her side.

CannibalCrowley
18th May 09, 06:52 PM
That's what happens when you don't fight stupid bills before they're signed into law.

Cullion
18th May 09, 06:56 PM
There was actually a 'must hold the handrail' bill in Canada?

Dark Helmet
18th May 09, 09:33 PM
That's what happens when you don't fight stupid bills before they're signed into law.

There was actually a 'must hold the handrail' bill in Canada?

I honestly to g'd don't know if these are bi-laws or safety regulations for public transportation of the Metro.

kracker
18th May 09, 10:08 PM
#3 she seems to have an 'all cops are bad... must resist' attitude which silly people like yourself subscribe to and it would have been good for her soul and sanity to comply.

#1 Kososian is an Armenian name so most likely she knows what cops are capable of
#2 She used to like in one of those shitty Eastern Europeen nations where the cops are out of control psychopaths.
#3 They had no reason to arrest her so she must have figured it really had nothing to do with the handrail and she was about to be raped or murdered

socratic
18th May 09, 10:59 PM
#1 Kososian is an Armenian name so most likely she knows what cops are capable of
#2 She used to like in one of those shitty Eastern Europeen nations where the cops are out of control psychopaths.
#3 They had no reason to arrest her so she must have figured it really had nothing to do with the handrail and she was about to be raped or murdered

Okay, hang on a second, don't try and bring the your warped view of the Armenian genocide into this. I seriously doubt she refused to comply because she's maybe ethnically Armenian and decided Canadian police were to blame.

That said, 'tis utter bullshit that the copper thought 'HAY YOU NO HOLD RAIL' was worth something even fucking mentioning.

rw4th
18th May 09, 11:15 PM
First, I'll say that something smells wrong with the story and there is probably more to it.

That said, my experience with Montreal's transit security (as far as I know they are not actually "police") is not flattering to them. Most of the ones I have run into were serious power tripping assholes with a chip on their shoulder because they didn't get into a real police force.

WarPhalange
19th May 09, 12:31 AM
Is the title of this thread a good pick-up line? Need to know ASAP!

Steve
19th May 09, 01:14 AM

Yes, this is what I do all the time. I'm glad to know that I'm not the only one that makes wild generalizations about people and consider them worthy of treating as fact.

socratic
19th May 09, 02:38 AM
Generally speaking the last thing that passes through your mind when you see someone in LEO or security uniform is "Here comes the Rapist Brigade!"

Sirc
19th May 09, 03:21 AM
JESUS CHRIST. WILL YOU AND KNAVE JUST SHUT THE FUCK UP ABOUT THIS ALREADY? IF YOU'RE GOING TO TRY TO DISCREDIT LAW ENFORCEMENT OFFICERS, AT THE VERY LEAST MAKE SOME REAL ARGUMENTS INSTEAD OF MAKING IT UP. HOLY FUCK. PLEASE SHOOT YOUR MOUTH WITH A SUPER SOAKER FULL OF URINE.

mrm1775
19th May 09, 04:33 AM
Maybe it is a stupid law, but the police don't write the legislation, politicians do. Cops do not have discretion to enforce or ignore the law as they see fit. Just imagine the implications if that were the case.

The issue was that she refused to comply when confronted by the officer. She would not have been arrested is she just showed her ID and accepted the citation or warning that the officer was going to give her. We are only getting one side of the story and even then it doesn't seem that bad.

Once again kracker is just being a fucking douchebag.

CannibalCrowley
19th May 09, 07:38 AM
Cops do not have discretion to enforce or ignore the law as they see fit.

ROTFL
Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha! Ha ha ha!
ROTFL

Kein Haar
19th May 09, 07:40 AM
I've slept through more crime than Kracker could ever post.

KO'd N DOA
19th May 09, 09:28 AM
Mon opinion c'est...

The Montreal Metro has had real security issues. For a while gangs were doing everything they wanted to. Our language police encourages immigration, and Haiti has one of the only Western Hemisphere french populations who would actually want to leave. The other option is French North Africa...(*shiver in dread*) I am not saying anything racist, That is from the Quebec media.

People were getting scared to take the Metro. Revenue going down, more cars on the road. Montreal Police Union or something, says they are not paid to go subway (le metro) patrol job. keeps them from attaining their above ground quotas.

Recently...A women was severily beaten in the metro, as was her would be rescurers, by a mentally deraged man. So more powers were given to the Subway Cops, and more of them. (Psyco had his meds adjusted, anger managment thearapy, and is free - she is horribly disfigured and is now mentally damaged)

The problem is that most of the time, nothing ever happens, so the cops are looking for something...but there is surely more to this. I never touch the rails, and I have not met anyone there who can make me...but I digress.

Another theory is this. People are stupid in general, and particulary stupid in Montreal. Laval an Island to the north of Montreal, and the brand new Montermerancy Subway station just got added. Therefore the stupid people working the system probably wanted to educate the assumed 'stupid' masses on how to ride a subway and use an escalator, and assigned the bored Metro Cops the task. She was a test case.

The problem is that she is a Law student, and a brush like this can only assist her in her understanding of the legal system, and how to argue in court.

I predict she gets off, sues for damages, and gets a settlement or Work Placement on City's legal team. Normal way of life here.

WarPhalange
19th May 09, 10:43 AM
I've slept through more crime than Kracker could ever post.

You shouldn't brag about being a pedophile like that. You never know if the FBI is looking at these forums.

Cullion
19th May 09, 02:48 PM
Cops do not have discretion to enforce or ignore the law as they see fit.

Umm.. yeah they do.

HappyOldGuy
19th May 09, 04:33 PM
Umm.. yeah they do.

Someday I'm gonna get "It's somewhere in the middle" tattooed on each cheek.

So yeah, cop was an officious prick to a stuck up hostile bitch. Film at 11.