PDA

View Full Version : 17yr old arrested for swearing at 911 operator while her dad is dying

Sirc
6th May 09, 09:19 PM
VdIE0UGU60k

Wow.

What a fucking douchebag. She's got balls though, she went straight to the department. I don't know what I would've done in her situation.

I would like to believe that I would have said this on the third call,

"Hello, can I please have an ambulance?"

"What's your address?"

"The police department."

"What?"

"Because I'm gonna come and fucking gut you."

*click*

Arhetton
6th May 09, 09:31 PM
wow I'd seen part of this story before but it didn't include the 3rd call and the fact she was put in a cell by this cop...

what the fuck?

6 minute delay in an ambulance dispatch... Imagine if her father died.

WarPhalange
6th May 09, 09:32 PM
Holy shit. What is it with these assholes who demand respect while doing absolutely nothing to deserve it? Fucking dumbass cop has no idea what the fuck he is doing. He's not answering a god damned phone sex hotline, it's fucking 911. When people call, they usually have a pretty good reason and panicking is to be expected.

Sirc
6th May 09, 09:35 PM
If I ever have to call 911 for a real emergency. My recording would be 1.5 minutes of bleeps, then another 30 seconds of the emergency and another 1.5 minutes of bleeps.

Sirc
6th May 09, 09:35 PM
I'm seriously fucking livid though. This is such bullshit.

I hope he loses his job.

WarPhalange
6th May 09, 09:38 PM
If I ever have to call 911 for a real emergency. My recording would be 1.5 minutes of bleeps, then another 30 seconds of the emergency and another 1.5 minutes of bleeps.

Not me. When the adrenaline starts pumping, my mind gets as clear as it can. It's just fucking amazing. That's when I am in total zen. I can guarantee it would be short, concise messages to get when I need ASAP.

In my case swearing ensues when I am in a hurry or something but it's not crucial, so class starts in 5 minutes and I am just now printing out my essay and holy shit, the printer has a paper jam. That's when I'm not fun to be around.

EDIT: He shouldn't lose his job. Unless there is some serious ass-covering going on, then he's a good cop overall according to the reporter. He made a really shitty decision that day, and it definitely affected the girl and her dad, but if he can still be a good asset to that police department, then he should stay.

Kind of like how House is a total ass that breaks all ethical guidelines, not to mention the law, in pretty much every episode, but still doesn't get fired because overall the hospital is better off. Except House is really never punished, but this guy should be and he is apparently, but I can't say if that's enough.

SFGOON
6th May 09, 10:04 PM
Wow. Fuck, FUCK that guy. I hope that girl sucks every fucking dollar out of that department's budget.

No no, wait. I hope she sues the officer and the city declines to indemnify him. That would be ideal.

Sirc
6th May 09, 10:22 PM
Not me. When the adrenaline starts pumping, my mind gets as clear as it can. It's just fucking amazing. That's when I am in total zen. I can guarantee it would be short, concise messages to get when I need ASAP.

In my case swearing ensues when I am in a hurry or something but it's not crucial, so class starts in 5 minutes and I am just now printing out my essay and holy shit, the printer has a paper jam. That's when I'm not fun to be around.

EDIT: He shouldn't lose his job. Unless there is some serious ass-covering going on, then he's a good cop overall according to the reporter. He made a really shitty decision that day, and it definitely affected the girl and her dad, but if he can still be a good asset to that police department, then he should stay.

Kind of like how House is a total ass that breaks all ethical guidelines, not to mention the law, in pretty much every episode, but still doesn't get fired because overall the hospital is better off. Except House is really never punished, but this guy should be and he is apparently, but I can't say if that's enough.

Execpt that this dude is a sgt. He must've done something recently that landed him bitch duty.

socratic
6th May 09, 10:34 PM
If they're going to keep him (and I don't think they should, he's clearly a fucking retard that WILL cost lives if he keeps this up) then keep him far away from anything important. Put him on patrol in a quiet neighbourhood or handing out tickets or something.

WarPhalange
6th May 09, 10:37 PM
Execpt that this dude is a sgt. He must've done something recently that landed him bitch duty.

Good point. I'd have to know more about this in order to form a better opinion. Maybe he was just covering for someone?

Kein Haar
6th May 09, 10:38 PM
Whatever the hmongaman posted...who cares.

I have, however, been in the dispatch area when they've been at their wits end with some retard caller and have given a shot at delivering clarity.

It's pretty hard.

Some people need to be thrown in a cell for being stupid to dispatchers.

It doesn't happen nearly often enough.

kracker
6th May 09, 11:06 PM
Wow, you guys are getting better, I didn't even have to go and post this one myself.

Seriously though, who the fuck gets arrested for being rude to someone on the phone. It's not even an abuse of 911, there actually was a real emergency. Is there some kind of penalty for assaulting the feelings of an officer? I work at a polling company and if there was some kind of phone rudeness law jails would be fucking packed.

Sirc
6th May 09, 11:14 PM
Wow, you guys are getting better, I didn't even have to go and post this one myself.

Seriously though, who the fuck gets arrested for being rude to someone on the phone. It's not even an abuse of 911, there actually was a real emergency. Is there some kind of penalty for assaulting the feelings of an officer? I work at a polling company and if there was some kind of phone rudeness law jails would be fucking packed.

Except that you are an asshole who has stupid claims and usually are incredibly bias. So fuck you.

HappyOldGuy
6th May 09, 11:32 PM
I work at a polling company
Which is why you are no longer permitted to comment on, well, anything really.

Unless you are willing to post your home phone number so we can call you whenever we feel like it to ask how you feel about pepsicorp.

WarPhalange
6th May 09, 11:49 PM
I would ask him what size dildos he likes the best up his ass. Over and over. Then I'd call his mother and ask her what her son's favorite dildo size was. Over and over.

socratic
6th May 09, 11:55 PM
"Good evening sir, I am calling from (instert American city here) on behalf of Dick Corp and I'd like to ask you a few questions about your pus-laden genital pustules."

Steve
7th May 09, 12:08 AM
This is when you call back with an air horn in hand. At least have a reason to get thrown in the can.

mrm1775
7th May 09, 12:15 AM
No no, wait. I hope she sues the officer and the city declines to indemnify him. That would be ideal.
^This.

Knave
7th May 09, 01:14 AM
Greetings.

IMO misuse of 911 is a criminal charge around here.

Anyway, he should have just dispatched an ambulance and an officer and told the officer to charge her with disorderly upon arrival. That way everyone is happy.

Steve
7th May 09, 01:44 AM
Whatever the hmongaman posted...who cares.

I have, however, been in the dispatch area when they've been at their wits end with some retard caller and have given a shot at delivering clarity.

It's pretty hard.

Some people need to be thrown in a cell for being stupid to dispatchers.

It doesn't happen nearly often enough.

Yes, full of lulz. I bet this would be you:

uNFUSdGXzZ8

Sirc
7th May 09, 02:22 AM
Knave, buddy, listen.

You post really stupid unsubstantial bias bullshit, homie. You can't be trusted.

Robot Jesus
7th May 09, 04:07 AM
Greetings.

Police should be free to entrap at will.

/Everything Knave has ever said or will ever say on police power.

Truculent Sheep
7th May 09, 06:35 AM
A man whose ego is so brittle he gets upset over a hysterical girl swearing BECAUSE HER FATHER MIGHT BE DYING doesn't sound like much of an asset to me.

They're only words, in the end. And it's not like she was abusing him face-to-face after he caught her shoplifting. (Which is probably a more valid reason to arrest her, I suppose.) The man sounds like an utter bender.

Phrost
7th May 09, 12:06 PM
Your tax dollars at work people.

And yet, we're still sprinting furiously towards more government.

Quikfeet509
7th May 09, 01:32 PM
Wow, that's a craptastic leap.

nihilist
8th May 09, 01:08 AM
The guy's seizure was clearly the fault of Obama's communism.

KO'd N DOA
8th May 09, 12:05 PM
The Ideal 911 call

Caller " um hi, can I have a police sent to my business"
Dispatch " Where are you and What is the nature of the emergency"
Caller " Some teenage punks wearing Bullshido shirts and Rupture clothing have come here with a video recorders"
Dispatch "What is your Business...
Caller "Its Realistic Street Fighting and Self Defence Academy"
Dispatch "....you are on your pwon dude...just kidding...we are dispatching a unit.

WarPhalange
8th May 09, 04:29 PM
Your tax dollars at work people.

And yet, we're still sprinting furiously towards more government.

Go read some of NOB's posts and learn how to do this properly.

GuiltySpark
8th May 09, 10:30 PM
VdIE0UGU60k

Wow.

What a fucking douchebag. She's got balls though, she went straight to the department. I don't know what I would've done in her situation.
Complain about it on sociocide ;)

GuiltySpark
8th May 09, 10:38 PM

Because you're the thin red line between police brutality and the rest of the word lol

Seriously, this is a better place because you refresh youtube police+brutality every 15 seconds.
Hark! I think a police officer usd a taser on someone resisting arrest! Wait did I say resisting? I meant politely refusing to do what the officer instructs them to do while threating them-no biggie.

Phrost
9th May 09, 09:21 AM
Wow, that's a craptastic leap.

But hey, everyone should be disarmed so the saintly police can take care of us.

kracker
10th May 09, 11:41 AM
Which is why you are no longer permitted to comment on, well, anything really.

Unless you are willing to post your home phone number so we can call you whenever we feel like it to ask how you feel about pepsicorp.

I screen my calls.

Antifa
10th May 09, 12:24 PM
i worked at a phone-polling place once. after they found out that my buddy and I were union organizers we got assigned the ultimate bitch duty:

"Hi, my name is ________, and I'm calling on behalf of the state of _____ youth and family services division. We are conducting a customer satisfaction survey on the child support services provided by the state of ______. According to our records you are a child support payor and we like to know you level of satisfaction on a scale of 1 to 5 with the following services"

Garnishment of wages?

Redirection of you state and federal income tax returns?

etc...
"

I spent all day really feeling the love...

kracker
10th May 09, 03:04 PM
It does blow pretty hard, hopefully I'll be able to quit and work somewhere else for the rest of the summer.